Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Or, you know, making a formal assessment of anyone’s intelligence based on assorted post-match interview footage is ridiculous. By all accounts Rooney is a thoughtful bloke. Have you read any of his pieces he’s written in the press? I’ve never seen anything as coherent produced by Fwank, that’s for sure.
In fairness there's more to go on than just part match interviews isn't there? I know IQ isn't a perfect indicator of 'intelligence' but it's one piece of the puzzle and doesn't Lampard have a very high IQ? I must say that he always comes across as a fairly smart guy to me...doesn't mean he'll make a great manager, mind.

Or, you know, making a formal assessment of anyone’s intelligence based on assorted post-match interview footage is ridiculous. By all accounts Rooney is a thoughtful bloke. Have you read any of his pieces he’s written in the press? I’ve never seen anything as coherent produced by Fwank, that’s for sure.

The world is weird enough at the moment without us trying to create a reality where Wayne Rooney is an intellectual.

It's a weird one. He's highly intelligent and I'd expected him to do well as a manager as a result, but then you see Rooney at Derby doing great without two brain cells to rub together. Perhaps there really isn't much of a correlation between intelligence and managerial performance.
:lol: Latin GCSE doesn't translate to results in the Premier League?

In fairness there's more to go on than just part match interviews isn't there? I know IQ isn't a perfect indicator of 'intelligence' but it's one piece of the puzzle and doesn't Lampard have a very high IQ? I must say that he always comes across as a fairly smart guy to me...doesn't mean he'll make a great manager, mind.

He has a GCSE in Latin I think.

Just think he's ill suited to situation he's been parachuted into. Thought the same of Howe going to Newcastle in fairness but he at least had half a season and it took him two months to get Newcastle winning. May be too late for Lampard.

Lampard's IQ is something like 150 odd.

He’s not an intellectual but you don’t need to be an academic to be a good football manager. He’s clearly not as thick as you portrayed him anyway.
Rooney turned down the Everton job.

Lampard accepted it.

Based on that alone, I’d say Rooney had displayed the greater intelligence.

Rooney turned down the Everton job.

Lampard accepted it.

Based on that alone, I’d say Rooney had displayed the greater intelligence.
Lampard would have taken any job. He was so desperate to get back into management. If things go wrong here, I can see him finished at PL management level.

Lampard would have taken any job. He was so desperate to get back into management. If things go wrong here, I can see him finished at PL management level.

He was offered the Norwich job and he rejected it.

There's a few rumors doing the round on social media that Calvert-Lewin is in court tomorrow but doesn't say what for.

Lampard has been in self-preservation mode from the off. Compared to Benitez he has DCL back plus Dele Alli and VdB but has only managed a pitiful 3 points from 18.

Newcastle
“I have come to a situation where we have to get better in a lot of things. I’ve come into the club when they were on a run of results that’s left them in the position we’re in. It’s my job to change that but there isn’t a magic wand on that front,”

Southampton
“I know they’re good lads, I know they want to react, but sometimes when you’ve been in a hard run of form away from home – and generally before I got here – it’s easy to seep back into,”

City
“If the table doesn’t look great in a couple of weeks, so be it. It didn’t look great when I came,”

Spurs
“We’re 17th for a reason: before I got here. There’s a clear discrepancy in home and away form, issues that were there before me and don’t take care of themselves overnight. The players understand the gravity of the situation. They understood it before I arrived because they had been on a long run without a win,”

Wolves
“Myself and the staff came in with the team on a bad run, used to the feeling of losing and not getting points,”

Lampard has been in self-preservation mode from the off. Compared to Benitez he has DCL back plus Dele Alli and VdB but has only managed a pitiful 3 points from 18.

Newcastle
“I have come to a situation where we have to get better in a lot of things. I’ve come into the club when they were on a run of results that’s left them in the position we’re in. It’s my job to change that but there isn’t a magic wand on that front,”

Southampton
“I know they’re good lads, I know they want to react, but sometimes when you’ve been in a hard run of form away from home – and generally before I got here – it’s easy to seep back into,”

City
“If the table doesn’t look great in a couple of weeks, so be it. It didn’t look great when I came,”

Spurs
“We’re 17th for a reason: before I got here. There’s a clear discrepancy in home and away form, issues that were there before me and don’t take care of themselves overnight. The players understand the gravity of the situation. They understood it before I arrived because they had been on a long run without a win,”

Wolves
“Myself and the staff came in with the team on a bad run, used to the feeling of losing and not getting points,”

Exactly , he's constantly blaming others.

It must be something to do with his genius IQ and knowledge of latin.

Newcastle

Southampton

City

Spurs

Wolves

Unfortunately, that's the only thing he picked up from Jose Mourinho at Chelsea.

Yeah.

He’d have been better off seeking an opportunity at a lower league club, possibly abroad, with ambitious but patient owners and a good youth setup. Everton is the diametric opposite of that.

I’m not sure the inevitable Everton disaster will finish him off actually. He’s got enough friends in the media to make excuses for him, which some gullible club chairman will fall for.

Context is more important. Arteta should have been sacked multiple times given arsenal's form but Arsenal board offered him more time than Lampard or Ole. Let us not forget last season in December they were 15th, no manager of a top team would have survived that. Jury is still out on Arteta and I won't yet call him better than Ole or Lampard just because he is still in the job.
Exactly. Arteta would have been sacked before Ole this season at almost every other club considering his finishes the previous two seasons. He's just managed to wield enough influence and hold on long enough for it to be paying dividends....at least right now. Plenty of time for Arsenal to mess up and finish below Spurs again.

What is he doing there. How do Everton do it? Ancelotti, Rafa, Lampard.

He's not very good, is he?

No. Just a very odd appointment all-round and I bet 99% of this forum felt the same before he got the job.

Zero experience in a relegation fight (and very little in general) and his teams have leaked goals, why they thought it was a good idea to appoint him considering that combination I don't know.

Already at Third Season Jose levels of burying the players. :lol:

Super Fwank said:
There is only so much you can keep trying to butter someone up to give them confidence. We are playing at the cut-throat end of football here. This is a cup quarter-final to get to Wembley and if you haven't got the confidence to play, you can quickly flip it and say have you got the bollocks to play?

We didn't play that badly today and Palace didn't play that well and we lost 4-0 because of a lack of confidence and a lack of what I just said. It wasn't tactics. Tactics showed in the first 20 minutes Palace couldn't get out of their half.

No. Just a very odd appointment all-round and I bet 99% of this forum felt the same before he got the job.

Zero experience in a relegation fight (and very little in general) and his teams have leaked goals, why they thought it was a good idea to appoint him considering that combination I don't know.
I agree. I mean only if half of the stuff that was said about him at Chelsea is true, then there is a long way to go for Lampard before he can maybe become a successful PL manager.