Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Everton have to play Newcastle, West Ham , Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Brentford, Arsenal

plus rescheduled games against Burnley, Leicester, Watford, Crystal Palace

Having relegating Everton on your CV isn’t a good look. Where does Frankie boy go from there if they do go down, can’t see him getting another PL job for a while.

Think they are saying they are very difficult games, so no guarantee they will win them. They probably won't go down, but with Lampard they could be in same position next season.

I really don’t know about this.

Watford have some tough games, but they also have Leeds, Brentford, Burnley and Leicester, all at home and have picked up a good three points on the road today.

Burnley also play Southampton, Norwich, Villa
, Wolves and Newcastle, four of those at home.

Both teams also have Everton at home to be rescheduled.

Everton have away to West Ham, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, and away to Leicester in their last 8.

I think Burnley or Watford could easily pick up enough points.

The stars could be aligning on this one.

Watford have some tough games, but they also have Leeds, Brentford, Burnley and Leicester, all at home and have picked up a good three points on the road today.

Everton have away to West Ham, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, and away to Leicester in their last 8.

Haven't we already played Everton at Old Trafford?

Would it be the biggest top division relegation since United in 70s? Any football history nerds please correct me if I'm missing an obvious candidate.

At least they have three points secured then :lol:

It is Big Sam time again, innit?

Yes but their owner is too entranced by hipster managers to go that route.

West Ham, close to relegation appointed Moyes who saved them and then gave the job full time to Pellegrini who shat the bed and to the Hammers credit they acknowledged their mistake and got Moyes back and he has taken them into Europe.

Everton floundering in 18th appoint Big Sam who takes them to an 8th place finish and they run him out of town for not playing sexy football and collapse back down the table again but are too proud to admit they fecked up so appoint a pretty boy blagger with no managerial skill to finish the job of destroying their club. FFP violations, relegation and the certain departure of Richarlison, Pickford and DCL if they go down. They may not come back for a looong time.

Everton really hiring the Liverpool and Chelsea legends to rip them apart from the inside :(

As bad as we are, even we're not that bad.

Anyone think they might seriously think about sacking Lampard if this continues to go south?

Maybe they'd stand a better chance with a dogged Duncan Ferguson going bananas on the sideline.

They are going down. There's no fight in that team and Lampard doesn't have the experience of a relegation fight. They should have signed someone experienced but they were too proud. DCL should be up for grabs in the summer.

Let's be honest, they deserve to go down for having the utter incompetence of hiring Frank Lampard when they knew they were going to be in a relegation fight. Fecking amateur hour

Believe in the process guys, he'll come good! It's just a bit of a dip, over a cliff...

Having relegating Everton on your CV isn’t a good look. Where does Frankie boy go from there if they do go down, can’t see him getting another PL job for a while.

Think he'll just stay and probably get them promoted. He does have that year with Derby so pointless Everton sacking him.

Would it be the biggest top division relegation since United in 70s? Any football history nerds please correct me if I'm missing an obvious candidate.

Villa was a bigger relegation, imo.

It's a pretty shite team to be fair.... and bringing in Dele and VDB didn't help anything, since there's like no way to fit both of them in any viable formation, which is basically the same issue they have with trying to force DCL and Richarlison in together.

That's 4 players who don't want to be in a relegation battle being inspired by a manager who knows nothing about this kind of situation. While everyone around them, including Norwich, are somewhat battle hardened and prepared for it. If they didn't have like 4 games in hand, I'd consider them good contenders for finishing bottom, Norwich are fighting, not rolling over like most cannon fodder 20th placed teams do at this point. If Everton signed up Pukki and sold Richarlison in January - I think they'd be safe-ish.

It's a pretty shite team to be fair.... and bringing in Dele and VDB didn't help anything, since there's like no way to fit both of them in any viable formation, which is basically the same issue they have with trying to force DCL and Richarlison in together.

That's 4 players who don't want to be in a relegation battle being inspired by a manager who knows nothing about this kind of situation. While everyone around them, including Norwich, are somewhat battle hardened and prepared for it. If they didn't have like 4 games in hand, I'd consider them good contenders for finishing bottom, Norwich are fighting, not rolling over like most cannon fodder 20th placed teams do at this point. If Everton signed up Pukki and sold Richarlison in January - I think they'd be safe-ish.

Yeah I didn't get them signing Dele AND VDB.

Feels like Everton's most logical formation is 4-3-3. Calvert Lewin as CF, Richarlison on left and then one of Gordon/Gray on the other. Thought that was what they were doing today before I saw he was playing 5 at the back to match Wolves.

Get the feeling his idea was to play Van Deer Beek as an 8 and Alli as a 10 just like Spurs did with him and Eriksen but Everton are miles off the defensive secureness to have that plus three forwards.

It's a mess. Worth noting Eddie Howe had 1 win in his first 6-7 games at Newcastle but Lampard had three less months and really dosen't look like he knows what to do before we hit May.

Bringing in Dele and DVB was just thick imo. Probably two of the last players you would want with you in a relegation battle.

Yeah I didn't get them signing Dele AND VDB.

Feels like Everton's most logical formation is 4-3-3. Calvert Lewin as CF, Richarlison on left and then one of Gordon/Gray on the other. Thought that was what they were doing today before I saw he was playing 5 at the back to match Wolves.

Get the feeling his idea was to play Van Deer Beek as an 8 and Alli as a 10 just like Spurs did with him and Eriksen but Everton are miles off the defensive secureness to have that plus three forwards.

It's a mess. Worth noting Eddie Howe had 1 win in his first 6-7 games at Newcastle but Lampard had three less months and really dosen't look like he knows what to do before we hit May.
He likes to play a 433 with two attacking players in the number 8.

Did it with us with Mount and Barkley/Havertz in those roles.

He is trying to one up Ole to be the worst manager to manage top 4 club in recent years. There you go frankie boy

He likes to play a 433 with two attacking players in the number 8.

Did it with us with Mount and Barkley/Havertz in those roles.

Trouble is you conceded 50 + goals playing that formation in 19/20. Got away with it but he was badly exposed the next season even with likes of Silva, Chilwell and getting an upgrade on Kepa who he seemed to make a scapegoat.

No chance he can do that with jokers like Coleman, Kenny and Michael Keane at the back as you basically know you'll concede twice every game.

Sky and BT will be fighting for his signing.

He'll go with BT because he'll be afraid of Keane taking the piss out of him.

Spurs 77,

It's pretty similar to when Newcastle went down in 2009 I think. Dysfunctionial ownership, club that had spent loads but were stuck in mid table and while the playing side that went down looked decent on paper (Jose Enrique, Alan Smith, Nolan, Owen, Joey Barton Duff, Viduka, Oba Martins etc) most of them were either past it or couldn't care less as they knew they'd be moving on.

When you look at this Everton team then for all how bad it is Allan will probably just move back to Serie A, DCL will get a move to West Ham or somewhere an Richarlison will probably sign for someone in La Liga.

This is how it will always be with these former English players becoming coaches....the biased media will always protect them and make a list of excuses for their failures/shortcomings.

Lampard is just not ready for managing a PL club. The guy's pressing structure is random and unorganized...his defensive structure..where do I start with that...
People always blame the players and that's fair sometimes but it doesn't absolve his nativity and inability to coach a proper defensive structure...we all saw that at Chelsea under him and thought it was the players but the same players he called average and blamed became European champions with Tuchel.
Also how naive is he to have such a set up against an Antonio Conte team...we all know how good his teams are in counter attacking even this crap Spurs side.

Well he isn't going to shit talk his nephew