Football sticky threads

How can you tell? The change was made yesterday evening. Three of the threads hadn't had new posts, and the fourth had several posts already today. So what are you basing this traffic claim on?

Because I can see how many entries thre are but that is not the only point. You have no idea how furious I am. No consultation and completely torpedoed the way I work. Have had enough.

I thought this was about league threads not being stickied.

This was a hilarious surprise.

Because I can see how many entries thre are but that is not the only point. You have no idea how furious I am. No consultation and completely torpedoed the way I work. Have had enough.
That is the point. I get you're furious cause you weren't consulted, and I can see why it's frustrating. But if you want us to change our minds, we need arguments, since we made this discussion after long modmin discussion, including with Damien - it's not just a whim.

One of your arguments is traffic, but I'm not seeing it. And as explained multiple times, we don't get what practical issues you're encountering.

I know you should never tell someone angry to calm down, but I anyway feel like that might help you here to be able to make a practical point that could resonate with modmins. I'm sorry. And yes, I am trying - as I hope you can tell.

That is the point. I get you're furious cause you weren't consulted, and I can see why it's frustrating. But if you want us to change our minds, we need arguments, since we made this discussion after long modmin discussion, including with Damien - it's not just a whim.

One of your arguments is traffic, but I'm not seeing it. And as explained multiple times, we don't get what practical issues you're encountering.

I know you should never tell someone angry to calm down, but I anyway feel like that might help you here to be able to make a practical point that could resonate with modmins. I'm sorry. And yes, I am trying - as I hope you can tell.

I've explained it in messages as well and all I get is some sarcastic remark.
I cannot operate the competitions like this. There's only one way.
Unless they realise how much time and effort goes into it, it's impossible.

Anyway I've had enough with the attitude.

You should change your tagline to most reasonable modmin!

I can't explain everything - it's just too time consuming to run this game wth numerous extra hurdles in the way. Also since this started the traffic in the games has ground to a halt.

It's been working fine for years - now I'm out.

I've explained it in messages as well and all I get is some sarcastic remark.
I cannot operate the competitions like this. There's only one way.
Unless they realise how much time and effort goes into it, it's impossible.

Anyway I've had enough with the attitude.
You've really not explained it very well. If you spent more time actually explaining properly and thoroughly instead of using most of the time overreacting then perhaps we would be able to understand better.

There were seven game threads stickied. It was way too much and far more visible than the actual football discussion threads. For those who can't be bothered to browse, we still have a sticky where people can find the links; and I'd be happy to make changes to that post if you think it's not clear enough. But if even opening that remaining sticky is too much trouble for games players, then I think the issue is with them.
Bad decision and illogical for this particular thread, sort it out please.

You've really not explained it very well. If you spent more time actually explaining properly and thoroughly instead of using most of the time overreacting then perhaps we would be able to understand better.

What else do you want me to say other than I spend about ten hours a week doing it. It's over.

Can we sticky this thread please. I don't want to have to waste 3 seconds of my life scrolling to find it.

Try and find a solution. You put in a lot of work on this and can see why you're frustrated. Surely the mods can come to realise that it makes your task so much harder.

No they have no clue how difficult it is which is obvious by their responses. If it goes back to how it was I'll carry on. I shadowed the previous runner of the competition a couple of years ago for about six months but he had to give it up due to lack of time available. It's so time consuming so any hurdle , even a small one adds a considerable amount of time and until you actually run it it's impossible to explain the complexities to the Admins

No they have no clue how difficult it is which is obvious by their responses. If it goes back to how it was I'll carry on. I shadowed the previous runner of the competition a couple of years ago for about six months but he had to give it up due to lack of time available. It's so time consuming so any hurdle , even a small one adds a considerable amount of time and until you actually run it it's impossible to explain the complexities to the Admins
I just don't get what the hurdle actually is. Is it because you now have to spend longer finding the threads, and even clicking inside the sticky costs you too much time?

If the issue is that the links in the sticky don't take you to the first new post (which is true, I hadn't thought of that yet), doesn't the Watched Threads function fix that for you?

this has the vibes of that time hitler was told his art was shit.

Explain why it's made your life so much more difficult buddy because over 3 pages you've done a terrible job.

I sympathise with Paul a bit as I used to run one of these elsewhere, you want to feel like the time and work is appreciated and that's mainly achieved by people entering. I guess Paul feels that the threads will now be less visible thus limiting the number of entries and new players, to the point where it slowly dies and becomes a waste of time. The threads were never stickied on the forum I was on though and still worked fine, actually I think people tare more likely to scroll past stickied threads if anything.

Forget it I'm out
giphy.gif

can’t ignore the link between this happening and maggie smith dying.

Now that some time has passed, let’s look back at some of the best moments in this classic thread.
I will delete them and leave the caf for good.This evening is the deadline.Being absolutely furious is an understatement.

Seems I've wasted hours and hours doing this.

really do not undertsand why this is such a problem when all it does is cause me massive problems

I have loads of spread sheets open, links from one thread to another, it's a huge job
It also seems there was no consultation with the three of us who have the threads and one is an Admin. This is not the Labour Party

If it's not changing back they all go at 6pm UK time tonight. Absolutely pointless and not worth the effort.

It's not an ultimatum - I'm not spending even more time doing this for some crackpot reason - The caf don't want it - Right I'm off for good.

Sorry but can't work like this spending several hours each week is just not worth it.

Just can't get through. I'm wasting my time.

It may sound like an ultimatum but they're going if it's not changed back. I can't carry on like this.

Molehill meets mountain you mean. 6pm

you obviously have no clue as to the complexity of this and I took it over because the previous runner of the competitions no longer had the time to do it. There are 5 hours and 18 minutes left .
I'll wait till six

Tell you what , time's up, i'm off

Nobody understands - bye

You have no idea how furious I am. No consultation and completely torpedoed the way I work. Have had enough.

What else do you want me to say other than I spend about ten hours a week doing it. It's over.

So now it takes you 10hrs and 3 seconds when you add in clicking one link

I shadowed the previous runner of the competition a couple of years ago for about six months but he had to give it up due to lack of time available.

Paul using the UK’s Brexit negotiation tactic is fantastic. “Please let me have what I want or I’ll leave”. Over and over again.

By the way, there must be websites out there that can track this sort of thing. Doing it manually on a website seems very 2005. A quick Google has given me this website

https://www.kicktipp.com/

Paul using the UK’s Brexit negotiation tactic is fantastic. “Please let me have what I want or I’ll leave”. Over and over again.

By the way, there must be websites out there that can track this sort of thing. Doing it manually on a website seems very 2005. A quick Google has given me this website

https://www.kicktipp.com/
Nice find, thanks Dan