Football sticky threads

tarantino-killbill.gif

You aren't explaining why that is a problem of any consequence.

Why what is a problem? Get the threads back in a sticky thread is what has been removed. Each game was visible and easy to understand what it was for. How can hiding seven threads make the forum tidier.

The explanation to tidy up seven threads makes no sense.

It's very simple. It may sound like an ultimatum but they're going if it's not changed back. I can't carry on like this.

Why what is a problem? Get the threads back in a sticky thread is what has been removed. Each game was visible and easy to understand what it was for. How can hiding seven threads make the forum tidier.

The explanation to tidy up seven threads makes no sense.

It's very simple. It may sound like an ultimatum but they're going if it's not changed back. I can't carry on like this.
It makes perfect sense to those who are tasked with the maintenance of this thread.

The threads are stickied inside a ‘holder’. That was the compromise that we came up with. The other option was just to unstick them all and have a clean forum

It makes perfect sense to those who are tasked with the maintenance of this thread.

The threads are stickied inside a ‘holder’. That was the compromise that we came up with. The other option was just to unstick them all and have a clean forum

There are sticky threads all over the caf.
Why are seven competition threads that are constantly in use a problem?
Nobody even asked or stated there was a problem with these competitions.

If the Caf can't manage it ,even though it has for years, then there's no option for me.

If it's light admin why do it? Pointless stupidity and furthermore not even a word, notifcation, question asking if this would create a problem.
I'll wait till six
There isn't a problem though? A minor minor minor inconvenience...if that.

Honestly, this is really high level stropping. As a keen practitioner myself, I can only admire such fine work.
Its such a high level that I'm just going to assume its a windup because there's no other explanation. It lacks charm though, I feel like yours would be much better.

If it's light admin why do it? Pointless stupidity and furthermore not even a word, notifcation, question asking if this would create a problem.
I'll wait till six

It may be news to you, but there are quite a few of us consistently at light admin, none of which we run by you, but it helps the forum run.

@Paul the Wolf:

As for the players: people looking for the threads will go to the top of the football forum. Instead of the thread, they see a games sticky. Except if they're incredible thick, they will open that and find their game. You can also in each of your threads point out the change and explain the Watched Threads option that @Solius explained. Or we can do that, of it helps. Finally, we rename and edit the new sticky if you feel it's not clear enough. With all that, where's the practical disadvantage for players?

For yourself: you have the same options and anyway already know where your threads are. So what's the practical disadvantage to you?

I know you think you explained very clearly what's your issues with the new situation, but I'm afraid it hasn't been clear to me what changed that makes things harder to manage in actual practice. (I get that you feel insulted that we did this without consulting you, but that's a separate issue.)

Btw, we're also reviewing the stickies in all the other forums. And we didn't like the idea of an overall games forum, as it would bring together different forum communities in a single place, where one or the other or both don't look.

@Paul the Wolf:

As for the players: people looking for the threads will go to the top of the football forum. Instead of the thread, they see a games sticky. Except if they're incredible thick, they will open that and find their game. You can also in each of your threads point out the change and explain the Watched Threads option that @Solius explained. Or we can do that, of it helps. Finally, we rename and edit the new sticky if you feel it's not clear enough. With all that, where's the practical disadvantage for players?

For yourself: you have the same options and anyway already know where your threads are. So what's the practical disadvantage to you?

I know you think you explained very clearly what's your issues with the new situation, but I'm afraid it hasn't been clear to me what changed that makes things harder to manage in actual practice. (I get that you feel insulted that we did this without consulting you, but that's a separate issue.)

Btw, we're also reviewing the stickies in all the other forums. And we didn't like the idea of an overall games forum, as it would bring together different forum communities in a single place, where one or the other or both don't look.

I can't explain everything - it's just too time consuming to run this game wth numerous extra hurdles in the way. Also since this started the traffic in the games has ground to a halt.

It's been working fine for years - now I'm out.

He's just a single player enjoyer living in an MMO world.

I can't explain everything - it's just too time consuming to run this game wth numerous extra hurdles in the way. Also since this started the traffic in the games has ground to a halt.

It's been working fine for years - now I'm out.
How can you tell? The change was made yesterday evening. Three of the threads hadn't had new posts, and the fourth had several posts already today. So what are you basing this traffic claim on?