Gaming Football Manager 2025

I agree to an extent but the game died for me after FM21. FM12 is my all time favourite with FM13 being the worst. The Ui used to be slick until pointless clicking became more evident in FM13.

The new UI looks horrible too. I'm not sure if they're making it up a phone type UI but it looks shite

12 was my fave too but stupidly broken, that was the one where an AM with forward arrow and strikers with side arrows let the am score 100 goals a season iirc... I won the world cup with San Marino in like 2040 on that after building the Serie C side to world beaters. Sliders were completely busted in FM. Not being able to fix them is why they were removed.

Back on topic I think 24-25 could be rough with the move to Unity. It's a lot of code to rewrite and stripped back features likely means, we didn't have time to rebuild everything, they really should just like release a €15 update for 23-24 and then launch the new game 25-26.

12 was my fave too but stupidly broken, that was the one where an AM with forward arrow and strikers with side arrows let the am score 100 goals a season iirc... I won the world cup with San Marino in like 2040 on that after building the Serie C side to world beaters. Sliders were completely busted in FM. Not being able to fix them is why they were removed.

Back on topic I think 24-25 could be rough with the move to Unity. It's a lot of code to rewrite and stripped back features likely means, we didn't have time to rebuild everything, they really should just like release a €15 update for 23-24 and then launch the new game 25-26.

The problem with this approach is that they very much sold 24 as "we've not actually done too much because we've been concentrating most of our efforts on all of the big changes coming in 25".

The problem with this approach is that they very much sold 24 as "we've not actually done too much because we've been concentrating most of our efforts on all of the big changes coming in 25".

Yeah but they've always been kinda full of shite. A game of FM's scope even in 2 years was always going to be a challenge given they are a (relatively) small team. If they release every year it might take 3 or 4 games on Unity for it to be back to where it was.

Btw Miles has basically admitted shouts do nothing. So they added that feature in years ago, knowing it did nothing, and then built little bits on top of it until finally removing it because it does nothing.

Absolute fraudsters.

A lot of the stuff they built in is imo just smoke and mirrors and doesn't really influence the outcome of games.

Itching for the new game now. Want to run an experiment but think it will work better with the new version.

Also think Everton will be a decent save this year as I expect our squad to look naff in terms of PA.

Yes, looking forward to the new one as well. Not so much the changes, it's just that I never got back into 24 after leaving it for a while. The new game will re-ignite my interest.

For 25 I'll be jumping straight into the National League North until some interesting databses come out. Will want a crack at Bordeaux at some point but until then there's Radcliffe and Curzon Ashton as Manchester teams down there, Chester and Southport as bigger names from the past, Marine could be fun and there will be the very obscure Needham Market (not sure how they're in the North division, it's near Ipswich!)

Had unfinished business in my Fairford Town save in '24 and could never decide if I wanted to carry on or start something else, ended up doing neither! Reached the top at Fairford with 1 CL win and back-to-back PL but wasn't 100% content with the stadium in terms of leaving a legacy. It's daft but I'd have liked to have thought I left them as a true giant forevermore and the new 23k stadium build that was about to open when I stopped was never going to do that. Seemed a bit of a grind if I was to carry on at that point.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to trying out the womens managment.

Should be a couple of weeks away from a proper reveal now!

I've saved a weeks worth of holidays at work in anticipation for release :lol:

Be interesting to see if they beta test for longer this year with all the change, I hope so!

It is Miles being anal.

What you've said is part of his explanation, and is just him being an arse about the terms they use, but he also adds that they don't actually take immediate effect.

The latter, I think, is a better reason to get rid until they fix them. As they currently work, you can "shout" in response to something that's happened in the game, or to try and affect a change, but it won't actually happen until the next break in play.

I just always assumed making shouts effected some form of hidden "dynamic morale" that would make the smallest of boost to a players performance (maybe via a tiny +1 temporary increase in stats or something).

The kind of thing that if done correctly over the course of a season might yield a few more points.

They’re removing International management from the game and delaying the release :lol:

Basically this game is just going to be a Beta test for future games.

Also removing player weights from profiles, cue the woke comments from the rabid fanbase.

They’re removing International management from the game and delaying the release :lol:
They are really trying hard to end my 20-year run of buying every 4th year

I don't even play international that much but stripping back when this was supposed to be about moving forward is fecking nonsense.

Weight was a pretty useless stat wasn't it? Bit woke ofcourse but whatever.

It was a bad start when the only real announcements for the game were "the UI now looks like a phone!".

This is just laughable.

Genuinely wonder if it'll be paid DLC at some point.

You'd think I'd get tired of always being right about people and companies who are clearly spiraling into being utter dogshit and yet I do not.

Weight was a pretty useless stat wasn't it? Bit woke ofcourse but whatever.
I read one of the posts briefly in here and thought they were talking about 'attribute weights' and was thinking I don't know why that's relevant.

Then I've just read the blog :lol:

No wonder they are delayed, probably spent a week deliberating if it's okay to show a womans weight.

Jesus christ.

I’m not arsed but the international management thing but it’s quite clear the game won’t be properly finished.

They’ve probably delayed it as much as they can before the hype for the new season dies down, and it’s probably going to be a mess.

I read one of the posts briefly in here and thought they were talking about 'attribute weights' and was thinking I don't know why that's relevant.

Then I've just read the blog :lol:

No wonder they are delayed, probably spent a week deliberating if it's okay to show a womans weight.

Jesus christ.
And Miles is like '"btw guys I cancelled two holidays".

I’m not arsed but the international management thing but it’s quite clear the game won’t be properly finished.

They’ve probably delayed it as much as they can before the hype for the new season dies down, and it’s probably going to be a mess.
It's genuinely just going to be one huge beta test for FM26.

Also removing player weights from profiles, cue the woke comments from the rabid fanbase.

Is it because they're including women's teams and did it actually do anything anyway?

Sure a lot of them must have been made up, I'm guessing there was correlation between strength and weight when weight was unkown for less famous players and for regens. Other than that, I don't know what it brought to the game - maybe it was fun noticing that you had a hefty lad on his weight stats every now and then?

Was there even a difference in body type on animations between lighter and heavier players? I never noticed. There was/is when you make your manager heavier.

Is it because they're including women's teams and did it actually do anything anyway?

Sure a lot of them must have been made up, I'm guessing there was correlation between strength and weight when weight was unkown for less famous players and for regens. Other than that, I don't know what it brought to the game - maybe it was fun noticing that you had a hefty lad on his weight stats every now and then?

Was there even a difference in body type on animations?
Genuinely think it's only because of risk of offending people.

Was there even a difference in body type on animations?

I remember reading a thing about "jumping reach" (or whatever it's called) and height making a difference. A midget with 20 jumping was still getting outjumped by a giant, even if his jumping was 8.

I also remember running one of the FM Experiments back in 2013 or 14 and someone creating "Emile Messi", who was as heavy as they could make him, with minimum technical attributes but maximum physical attributes, and one of the first things that happened to him in game was his weight dropping rapidly to a more reasonable "athlete" level, so I don't thing these seemingly superficial stats were meaningless.

I wonder if the international management thing is related to the introduction of the women's game.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd tested it and found that you could call up men for the women's international teams, and vice-versa, and haven't worked out how to fix it.

I remember reading a thing about "jumping reach" (or whatever it's called) and height making a difference. A midget with 20 jumping was still getting outjumped by a giant, even if his jumping was 8.

I also remember running one of the FM Experiments back in 2013 or 14 and someone creating "Emile Messi", who was as heavy as they could make him, with minimum technical attributes but maximum physical attributes, and one of the first things that happened to him in game was his weight dropping rapidly to a more reasonable "athlete" level, so I don't thing these seemingly superficial stats were meaningless.
In the briefing it says the stats will still be 'under the hood', just not visible

FM has just been the same shit with a new lick of paint for many many years, still purchased it every year and had fun with it.

25 is meant to be a step toward new, but really if you had faith it was misguided because even when they were just tweaking the old one it was still dogged with issues. I'm not even slightly shocked they haven't hit the ground running on this new one but when you start stripping features out, the backlash is going to happen.

But it's alright because Miles isn't going on holiday.

I wonder if the international management thing is related to the introduction of the women's game.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd tested it and found that you could call up men for the women's international teams, and vice-versa, and haven't worked out how to fix it.
Could be true if their programmers are in fact plumbers.

Tbh, and i'm no programmer, but I think this would be really easy to fix so don't think it would be that.

Tbh, and i'm no programmer, but I think this would be really easy to fix so don't think it would be that.
Think it might have something to do with them trying to segregate it using genders but then they just can't use "men" and "women" which might have made it more complex and risk offending others?