Gaming Football Manager 2025

Gutted there’s no international management.
First save I play is usually international to get used to the game/match engine and waiting for the first update due to the inevitable bugs. Played as Jamaica and USA in this one.
Cant say I’ll be interested in managing a women’s team but I guess there must be an audience for it as they have brought it in now. At least now Emma Hayes is unlikely to keep taking charge of QPR in every bloody save game.

Will intenational matches still be in game in the sense that results happen, you just can't manage the teams?

If so, and I'm obviously no game developer asking this, but isn't that 99% of the work? Ensuring players are called up under the correct rules for AI teams, and putting the tournament structures in there must all be in place for the games to sim in the background. You've already got the match engine so what else is there besides unique questions in international managment press conferences and certain items in your news feed?

If internationals are not even running in the background then fair enough. I'd have thought if you can do that you can do the other easily though.

Maybe they could have even stuck it on as a patch at a later date?

Will intenational matches still be in game in the sense that results happen, you just can't manage the teams?

If so, and I'm obviously no game developer asking this, but isn't that 99% of the work? Ensuring players are called up under the correct rules for AI teams, and putting the tournament structures in there must all be in place for the games to sim in the background. You've already got the match engine so what else is there besides unique questions in international managment press conferences and certain items in your news feed?

If internationals are not even running in the background then fair enough. I'd have thought if you can do that you can do the other easily though.

Maybe they could have even stuck it on as a patch at a later date?
They'll be running in the background yeah.

They'll be running in the background yeah.

Then I don't get it. Wouldn't have thought it was much of a task to go from that to making it playable.

Can't think of a lot they'd need to do.

Then I don't get it. Wouldn't have thought it was much of a task to go from that to making it playable.

Can't think of a lot they'd need to do.
You have no control over training as an International Manager, that stands for whether you do it manually or let a staff member take control of it, all trainings are following what the club of that player is doing.

It means you can't do anything to prepare for matches, their fitness will naturally deplete during international tournaments. Its basically not been optimal/optimised since the original switch to FM 2005, it has even been wonky since the old CM tbh. It needs a complete overhaul.

Stripping out International football while including Women’s football is insane.

Jill Scott played 243 club games in her career. And 170 international matches.

It’s an utterly wrong headed piss take that shows a shocking disregard for women’s football. Lipstick on a pig stuff.

Ditto for the removal of weight as some kind of respectful move. Have they actually heard women talk about football? They’re not a bunch of weak as piss humans. They’re tough as feck. If you acknowledge that women’s weights fluctuate… program in menstrual cycle effects in that part of the game. Women in football talk about it all the time. Training load and risk to injury at various stages of the cycle is a thing. Make it a function of the game. Removing ‘weight’ as some kind of service to women is insulting.

If you acknowledge that women’s weights fluctuate… program in menstrual cycle effects in that part of the game.
They're struggling to program basic stuff as it is. If they tried to program this in then Miles would never be able to take a holiday again.

Stripping out International football while including Women’s football is insane.

It’s an utterly wrong headed piss take that shows a shocking disregard for women’s football. Lipstick on a pig stuff.

Ditto for the removal of weight as some kind of respectful move. Have they actually heard women talk about football? They’re not a bunch of weak as piss humans. They’re tough as feck. If you acknowledge that women’s weights fluctuate… program in menstrual cycle effects in that part of the game. Women in football talk about it all the time. Training load and risk to injury at various stages of the cycle is a thing. Make it a function of the game. Removing ‘weight’ as some kind of service to women is insulting.

International football has pretty much remained the most basic part of the game since the first iteration of FM, it is clear they spent little to no time on it over the course of this cycle and we are talking 20 years.

They haven't ever implemented any sort of training, or pre tournament camps and no ability for recovery or rest between matches at tournaments. Lack of interactions and squad selection always seemed to be awkward.

SI didn't even think to utilize the Qatar World Cup being midseason to potentially bring in new players by doing some sort of overhaul of that side of their game.

I agree though, it is stupid that they are adding Women's football and yet removing what is arguably still the most important part of the Women's game being international football.

You have no control over training as an International Manager, that stands for whether you do it manually or let a staff member take control of it, all trainings are following what the club of that player is doing.

It means you can't do anything to prepare for matches, their fitness will naturally deplete during international tournaments. Its basically not been optimal/optimised since the original switch to FM 2005, it has even been wonky since the old CM tbh. It needs a complete overhaul.

It's undoubtedly been bad for a long time. Just thinking would it have not been better to have put it in with it's old flaws than not at all? If they didn't overhaul it I would think it could be easily implemented but like I say I'm no game dev so wouldn't actually know if that was a lot of work, just assuming it wouldn't be.

Maybe they want a full bells and whistles update to inernationals when it comes back? If it is just more of the same for FM26 then that would be disappointing.

The game isn’t even coming out til near December. Half the season gone by then. Absolutely mental.

I don’t know how people were expecting anything else. We have seen nothing, just a fake screen that looked like something off a cheap mobile game.

They should have updated 24 and taken the hit. A lot of people would have paid a tenner for a database and a few minor features.

You just need to face facts with a small team and realize your limitations, and they haven’t.

I don’t know how people were expecting anything else. We have seen nothing, just a fake screen that looked like something off a cheap mobile game.

They should have updated 24 and taken the hit. A lot of people would have paid a tenner for a database and a few minor features.

You just need to face facts with a small team and realize your limitations, and they haven’t.
Yeah it’s alarming that we haven’t seen anything at all yet.

Surprised there’s been no proper leaks either

It's undoubtedly been bad for a long time. Just thinking would it have not been better to have put it in with it's old flaws than not at all? If they didn't overhaul it I would think it could be easily implemented but like I say I'm no game dev so wouldn't actually know if that was a lot of work, just assuming it wouldn't be.

Maybe they want a full bells and whistles update to inernationals when it comes back? If it is just more of the same for FM26 then that would be disappointing.

My prediction is that either FM26 or FM27 will announce the return of international football as the big new feature, and it'll be just as threadbare as it was before, except now you'll be able to play threadbare women's international football, and maybe have the option to drape a flag over your avatar's shoulders to go with the facepaint.

:lol: it is ridiculous.

Will still buy it like a mug and pump 1000 hours into it.
FpxQOOiXgAQRw3y.jpg

You just know when it's released that it'll have a bug that makes it unplayable. So have to wait for a patch which will be delayed until the end of the transfer window

The game isn’t even coming out til near December. Half the season gone by then. Absolutely mental.
I normally buy it later on in the season when it's cheaper. Will be after the season at this rate :lol:

Weight has basically not a lot of impact on the game. It's just putting in work for something that you can't actually replicate properly as the data will be missing and it's just gonna produce tons of bugs. If you're putting in a cosmetic feature like that then you don't want it to actually be something that's gonna cause tons of issues re: data collection and programming.

More about it not being worth the effort than being PC or anything like that. Waste of resources.

Also, I don't think a lot of people realise that they're basically recreating the entire game. They can't just leave features as they are, as they won't work. It's not a copy and paste thing. That's why features have been cut. They haven't found the time to basically create them anew for FM25.

They can't actually use it with it's old flaws is what I've understood.

Also, I don't think a lot of people realise that they're basically recreating the entire game. They can't just leave features as they are, as they won't work. It's not a copy and paste thing. That's why features have been cut. They haven't found the time to basically create them anew for FM25.
Yeah, but they released a shoddy game in FM24 and admitted it was because they were concentrating on FM25 only to then tell everyone that development for that game isn't going well. It's not like they haven't had the time to do it.

They would be best off releasing after the January transfer window at this point. They are going to miss the new season hype especially if the game is broken on release.

Then maybe even skip a year - give a data update for season 25/26, release the next one summer 2026 in time for the new season.

They will lose money, but it would be less of a shit show.

Will all the little extra things that hobbyists produce still be possible? Imagine they will take much longer to come out if they are as it will be a lot to get to grips with.

Skins, custom kits, custom badges, real trophies, databases of additional leagues, real team name fixes (Zebre, Parthenope), German national team etc. United should be United from the start with the new PL licensing so that's something.

They would be best off releasing after the January transfer window at this point. They are going to miss the new season hype especially if the game is broken on release.

Then maybe even skip a year - give a data update for season 25/26, release the next one summer 2026 in time for the new season.

They will lose money, but it would be less of a shit show.
You know they just won't do it. More likely they will tease few small features like some big thing and will try to milk money for that.

It all hinges on how good the match engine looks on Unity which we haven't seen anything of yet. They can't get away with what they've done with FM24 again. Trying to market small features as some kind of big improvements.

this

it takes them a year to make relatively minor changes to the existing game, no wonder it's taken them far longer when it's an entirely new game - even taking into account the extra year they've had on it.

Are they even a small team anymore? Sports Interactive have nearly 300 employees and backed by Sega, this ain't a game built in a bedroom by 30 odd people anymore.