Gaming Football Manager 2025

I base my idea of it being better on the QOL improvements and stuff like that, although the last 3/4 versions are incredibly similar. I think stagnated is a better description than getting actively worse. I don't think it's worse because the core of the game is and has been the same for a while and I enjoy it.

I agree to an extent but the game died for me after FM21. FM12 is my all time favourite with FM13 being the worst. The Ui used to be slick until pointless clicking became more evident in FM13.

The new UI looks horrible too. I'm not sure if they're making it up a phone type UI but it looks shite

I agree to an extent but the game died for me after FM21. FM12 is my all time favourite with FM13 being the worst. The Ui used to be slick until pointless clicking became more evident in FM13.

The new UI looks horrible too. I'm not sure if they're making it up a phone type UI but it looks shite

They have specifically designed it to resemble phones/tablets. The thought behind the change is that "modern football managers spend way more time on their phones than laptops."

They have specifically designed it to resemble phones/tablets. The thought behind the change is that "modern football managers spend way more time on their phones than laptops."

I'm still holding out hope that the 'screenshots' appear to be more mockups than screenshots.

I'm still holding out hope that the 'screenshots' appear to be more mockups than screenshots.

Fingers crossed. At the very least I'm hoping there's an option for "classic view" or something in the default skins.

They basically told us that FM24 was a bit of write-off because they were putting so much energy into the massive changes for FM25, so it's really disappointing that what they've led with is basically "so we've given it a lick of paint and rearranged the furniture...".

Fingers crossed. At the very least I'm hoping there's an option for "classic view" or something in the default skins.

They basically told us that FM24 was a bit of write-off because they were putting so much energy into the massive changes for FM25, so it's really disappointing that what they've led with is basically "so we've given it a lick of paint and rearranged the furniture...".
Yeah me too, the menu bar thing at the top I hate. Literally nothing wrong with the vertical menu on the left. No need to change too much just for the sake of it.

PC should be okay eventually with the skinners and modding I guess but not at release as they will need a little time to adjust.

Same but they've got form for showing off stuff they're really proud of despite it looking terrible (see manager face that Miles wet his pants about).

I didn't exactly get my hopes up but I was looking forward to see what they'd done with that 'year off'. It's probably on me for having a bit of faith but feck me do they disappoint on a regular basis. They get away with so much shit.

I didn't exactly get my hopes up but I was looking forward to see what they'd done with that 'year off'. It's probably on me for having a bit of faith but feck me do they disappoint on a regular basis. They get away with so much shit.

I might actually stick to my "not buying FM this year" thing unless it turns out to be very good. I've been buying it later and later every year since about FM 20, and only picked up FM 24 in April as a key site had it cheap(ish) for a couple of days.

I was actually fearing that they'd change loads and in doing so, have a load of tweaks to make to balance it out, but it really seems like they've focused all of their time on overhauling the UI, so we can expect all of the problems with the match engine, opposition AI, player interactions, etc. to still be there.

I might actually stick to my "not buying FM this year" thing unless it turns out to be very good. I've been buying it later and later every year since about FM 20, and only picked up FM 24 in April as a key site had it cheap(ish) for a couple of days.

I was actually fearing that they'd change loads and in doing so, have a load of tweaks to make to balance it out, but it really seems like they've focused all of their time on overhauling the UI, so we can expect all of the problems with the match engine, opposition AI, player interactions, etc. to still be there.

Now the players will just sent you texts every three days like:

"hey boss, I was just wondering if we could discuss a new contract? I feel like my salary doesn't match how much I've improved"

Despite only signing for the club 3 weeks earlier.

Now the players will just sent you texts every three days like:

"hey boss, I was just wondering if we could discuss a new contract? I feel like my salary doesn't match how much I've improved"

Despite only signing for the club 3 weeks earlier.

And being incredibly out of touch, SI will decide to have it be worded:

"hi boss jw if i cud hav sum $$$"

Be good if they text "The manager is a right cnut" by accident then they apologise for sending it to the wrong person :lol:

Be good if they text "The manager is a right cnut" by accident then they apologise for sending it to the wrong person :lol:

You receive a (censored) dick pic at 2am, followed swiftly by "SHIT WRONG PERSON DON'T OPEN"

Think SI are trying to get more console/tablet users to get into the game. Especially with the new UI look and them making the ps5 version of fm 2024 free on ps plus.

This game always falls short for two reasons.

AI transfers
PA being almost set in stone.

AI transfer alone break the game. Sell so much shite to clubs that never use them, then sell them a year on for half the value
Also, once your scouting network is up to scratch, you can literally do what Chelsea do in real life, but it actually works. Just horde the worlds best wonderkids, and the beauty of it is, if they have fantastic PA, they are almost guaranteed to reach it. And on the opposite, you can find a player at 18 who looks very useable from an early age, but while being blessed with early CA, has absolute no room to improve on the PA, basically making him useless from the off

This game always falls short for two reasons.

AI transfers
PA being almost set in stone.

AI transfer alone break the game. Sell so much shite to clubs that never use them, then sell them a year on for half the value
Also, once your scouting network is up to scratch, you can literally do what Chelsea do in real life, but it actually works. Just horde the worlds best wonderkids, and the beauty of it is, if they have fantastic PA, they are almost guaranteed to reach it. And on the opposite, you can find a player at 18 who looks very useable from an early age, but while being blessed with early CA, has absolute no room to improve on the PA, basically making him useless from the off

Because of that it is quite straightforward to be “good at FM” even if you don’t care about tactics and training. Basically:

- Hire the best possible staff and delegate everything to them except transfers/contracts/staff hiring and team selections

- in transfer policy orient yourself on “star ratings” with focus on PA. Buy a lot of wonderkinds/talented young players for reasonable prices and sell older players

As a result:

- in maximum 3-4 years as most of promising players invariably develop well you will have the best squad in the world if you start at the likes of United, one of the best squads in the league if you start at a mid table club and so on.

- as training and tactics are handled by quality staff you do not suffer here, so your results will generally reflect your (very good) squad quality

- at the same time whilst AI mostly buy tons of dross that they do not need/fail to develop young players etc etc they fall further and further behind. You can sell your surplus players for them for big money so financially you will have a bottomless pit of money sooner or later

There are exceptions but generally it has been story of almost all my saves having played most FM versions.

But that is exactly why I keep playing it - it allows me to enjoy “feel good” factor without digging into tactics/training /data analytics. If it were more complex and realistic than that and my methods of “just get best staff, focus on youth and listen to scouts” had not been working, I would have stopped playing long ago.

Because of that it is quite straightforward to be “good at FM” even if you don’t care about tactics and training. Basically:

- Hire the best possible staff and delegate everything to them except transfers/contracts/staff hiring and team selections

- in transfer policy orient yourself on “star ratings” with focus on PA. Buy a lot of wonderkinds/talented young players for reasonable prices and sell older players

As a result:

- in maximum 3-4 years as most of promising players invariably develop well you will have the best squad in the world if you start at the likes of United, one of the best squads in the league if you start at a mid table club and so on.

- as training and tactics are handled by quality staff you do not suffer here, so your results will generally reflect your (very good) squad quality

- at the same time whilst AI mostly buy tons of dross that they do not need/fail to develop young players etc etc they fall further and further behind. You can sell your surplus players for them for big money so financially you will have a bottomless pit of money sooner or later

There are exceptions but generally it has been story of almost all my saves having played most FM versions.

But that is exactly why I keep playing it - it allows me to enjoy “feel good” factor without digging into tactics/training /data analytics. If it were more complex and realistic than that and my methods of “just get best staff, focus on youth and listen to scouts” had not been working, I would have stopped playing long ago.
You shouldn’t pay that much attention to star ratings.

Still think an owner mode - doing all the staff, setting a vision/ethos, intervening on transfers or at least having final say. Would be great.

They also really should have way more sortable stats. Career stats for every player in the game. Some kind of Greatest Players list that has a metric of some kind. Greatest XI of all time etc.

Would add so much depth and presumably dead easy to do.

Still think an owner mode - doing all the staff, setting a vision/ethos, intervening on transfers or at least having final say. Would be great.

They also really should have way more sortable stats. Career stats for every player in the game. Some kind of Greatest Players list that has a metric of some kind. Greatest XI of all time etc.

Would add so much depth and presumably dead easy to do.

It’s mental that you can’t look at something like Utd’s all time top scorer list. Like how hard is that to add.

It’s mental that you can’t look at something like Utd’s all time top scorer list. Like how hard is that to add.
Yeah that's a joke. I'm basing all my thoughts on fm21 - I buy every 4 years and have done since cm03/04 - but screens you sent me in experiment look the same. Same records as have been for near 20 years. Should be endless lists, stats. Christ they could even implement a fantasy football mini game for your league. Basic stuff that would add so much.

Btw Miles has basically admitted shouts do nothing. So they added that feature in years ago, knowing it did nothing, and then built little bits on top of it until finally removing it because it does nothing.

Absolute fraudsters.

An interesting part of that blog is the revelation that you can transition between men's and women's football seamlessly. As a fan of women's football I'm looking forward to it and will add a fresh new dimension to the game.

Looking forward to the inevitable game-breaking bug that lets men sign for women's teams and vice versa :lol:

My initial concern is that they will find it hard to balance reputation too I feel.

The top women's leagues probably should be on par with VNL for reputation I think for it to be 'realistic', it would be too unrealistic if Pep and Klopp etc. just start popping up in the WSL and top Spanish/German/French leagues right away. I sort of worry that SI will try and be a bit too PC with their integration of the women's game.

Btw Miles has basically admitted shouts do nothing. So they added that feature in years ago, knowing it did nothing, and then built little bits on top of it until finally removing it because it does nothing.

Absolute fraudsters.

Wow really? :lol:

An interesting part of that blog is the revelation that you can transition between men's and women's football seamlessly. As a fan of women's football I'm looking forward to it and will add a fresh new dimension to the game.

Looking forward to the inevitable game-breaking bug that lets men sign for women's teams and vice versa :lol:

My initial concern is that they will find it hard to balance reputation too I feel.

The top women's leagues probably should be on par with VNL for reputation I think for it to be 'realistic', it would be too unrealistic if Pep and Klopp etc. just start popping up in the WSL and top Spanish/German/French leagues right away. I sort of worry that SI will try and be a bit too PC with their integration of the women's game.

It will probably feel a bit too PC because they're terrible at programming organic growth in the game.

Just been watching the lollujo video about FM25. Interesting that they might try and get into the esports scene. Not sure how that will work with broken meta tactics in the game.

Reading it through, it seems like literally the only thing they care about is the UI. That probably shouldn't come as a surprise, since moving screen A to place X and dressing it up as a new feature has essentially been 90% of the changes between each and every for years. The song and dance made over FM25 even last summer just makes it very disappointing.

Also worth noting that new "new gameplay elements" will start being announced after the game is available for preorder. That doesn't inspire much confidence in what will be rolled out.

I also find it worrying that they want PC, Console and Mobile to all look the same. In theory that is great but they seem to make it want to look more like the mobile version than the PC.

You don't get it guys, real football managers spend far more time on their phones than on a laptop.

Reading it through, it seems like literally the only thing they care about is the UI. That probably shouldn't come as a surprise, since moving screen A to place X and dressing it up as a new feature has essentially been 90% of the changes between each and every for years. The song and dance made over FM25 even last summer just makes it very disappointing.

Also worth noting that new "new gameplay elements" will start being announced after the game is available for preorder. That doesn't inspire much confidence in what will be rolled out.

They're essentially conmen at this point. Look at all the things they can now say they've added in FM26.

Create-A-Club, Shouts back in the game, a newly updated inbox (see we listen to complaints), versus mode, etc..

They're essentially conmen at this point. Look at all the things they can now say they've added in FM26.

Create-A-Club, Shouts back in the game, a newly updated inbox (see we listen to complaints), versus mode, etc..
Yep. It's pretty much guaranteed at this point that they'll bring those features back exactly the same as they were and market them as new and improved features again.

jeez i thought i was a cynic when it came to FM, i've nothing on you guys :lol:

jeez i thought i was a cynic when it came to FM, i've nothing on you guys :lol:

I think as it's grown in popularity and thus scrutiny, the curtain has been pulled back a bit and it's been revealed as a bit of a smoke & mirrors game giving you the illusion of control. Which has understandably made people annoyed, especially as they don't really look like they're going to change that.

I can’t remember how many times I have a shout only to get a near immediate reaction from players, a goal or a big chance.

I think he is lying about them not affecting morale. It is the biggest loss for me. Now what am I supposed to do watching the games?

I really, really don’t want a dumbed down console version of this. It would be heartbreaking after so many years. Let’s hope the UI is fuller and more in-depth than it looks.

I can’t remember how many times I have a shout only to get a near immediate reaction from players, a goal or a big chance.

I think he is lying about them not affecting morale. It is the biggest loss for me. Now what am I supposed to do watching the games?

I really, really don’t want a dumbed down console version of this. It would be heartbreaking after so many years. Let’s hope the UI is fuller and more in-depth than it looks.

I think this is probably just Miles being anal. Shouts presumably don't affect 'morale' (indicated by arrows, longer term, don't change during a game) but do affect 'body language' (indicated by the face icons during games).

I think this is probably just Miles being anal. Shouts presumably don't affect 'morale' (indicated by arrows, longer term, don't change during a game) but do affect 'body language' (indicated by the face icons during games).

It is Miles being anal.

What you've said is part of his explanation, and is just him being an arse about the terms they use, but he also adds that they don't actually take immediate effect.

The latter, I think, is a better reason to get rid until they fix them. As they currently work, you can "shout" in response to something that's happened in the game, or to try and affect a change, but it won't actually happen until the next break in play.