Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

What do you do when virgin cnuts time waste? I got within a goal on the 85th min then didn't touch the ball the rest of the game.

Heading is crap for a reason and they ain’t fixing it. Same with crossing or corners.

Interestingly, EA Sports addressed feedback on gameplay. In FIFA 20, headers are pretty much useless. It's nigh-on impossible to score from a header, and crosses feel significantly nerfed following last year's game, both from open play and set pieces.

This is not a bug, EA Sports said. It's by design - and it's not changing.

"Based on feedback from FIFA 19, both from players directly and based on our own data, the decision was made to make crossing and corners less effective in FIFA 20, resulting in less goals from headers," EA Sports said.

"A big part of this decision is an effort to promote skill differentiation and the idea that most of the goals that are scored are the direct result of player actions.

"While we are always looking at ways to improve the game, at the moment we don't have any plans to change this in FIFA 20."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...tlines-upcoming-fixes-following-player-outcry

Because headers often used to be shitty goals to concede in online mode.

I play FUT and the incessant running back and forward has killed the game personally, I much prefer the slow build up in 20.

Because a lot of people now just never cross.

YEah they should make it back to being more involved in the game, I don't mind it being more difficult but its totally nerfed now.

Definitely the most enjoyable FIFA in a good few years. That said, I only play Seasons online.

What do you do when virgin cnuts time waste? I got within a goal on the 85th min then didn't touch the ball the rest of the game.

Top heavy formation, high defensive line and constant pressure setting I guess. I mean when I'm leading and I see my opponent dropping 10 players into his own third, only controlling his striker, then I'm like "well feck you, too, cnut" and let the ball flow until he actually goes out of his shell, instead of letting him counter attack when he needs the goal more than me.

Last edited:
Top heavy formation, high defensive line and constant pressure setting I guess. I mean when I'm leading and I see my opponent dropping 10 players into his own third, only controlling his striker, then I'm like "well feck you, too, cnut" and let the ball flow until he actually goes out of his shell, instead of letting him counter attack when he needs the goal more than me.

Hmm. As it wasnt saved as a pre-set though there was nothing I could do. It's not like I could even pause it and set it up.

Am I the only one that's glad headers are more difficult/nerfed? They were one of the most unrealistic and irritating parts of Fifa 19. You'd have literally any player of any size pulling off these overpowered bullets even miles from goal, it was ridiculous.

I’m struggling with 20 so far, I just can’t adapt to it for some reason. All my matches feel slow and my players feel like they’re running in lead boots.

Gone back to RDR2.

Am I the only one that's glad headers are more difficult/nerfed? They were one of the most unrealistic and irritating parts of Fifa 19. You'd have literally any player of any size pulling off these overpowered bullets even miles from goal, it was ridiculous.
Less effective would have been fine but it's gone too far the other way now IMO.

Difficult is one thing. Next to impossible is another entirely. It just encourages parking the bus as the only way to play.

Difficult is one thing. Next to impossible is another entirely. It just encourages parking the bus as the only way to play.

It’s not next to impossible, I’ve scored a few headers now with Giroud, one of them a diving header. They should be difficult, look at Mctominay’s free header last night, most players can’t pull them off.

I don’t understand this thing with headers - making it impossible is not making it realistic. It’s a significant step backwards and EAs stance on it is utterly bizarre.

It’s not next to impossible, I’ve scored a few headers now with Giroud, one of them a diving header. They should be difficult, look at Mctominay’s free header last night, most players can’t pull them off.
Wow. A few? That’s crazy. Most can get a semblance of power on them. Most headers don’t lightly float off a players head.

This might be knee jerk to my form

But I hate FIFA 20!
Passing is broke
Keepers OP
And if it's not saved by the keeper it hits the wood work

Ugh!

@Eddy_JukeZ Im guessing you have played a fair bit with that team getting ready for this weekend... Who is stand out for you? I have just got Neymar in as he has been great in draft but sometimes draft isn't a fair reflection.

Basically just to see who you think I should be aiming to get in first

I've actually not built it yet mate.

I've used most of the players in draft.

I am too.

Heading/crossing has always been a part of FIFA that I'd always rather be useless than useful.

Too much of it is AI based and not on the user.

And after 19's fiasco, I'd rather not experience that again.

El Tornado crosses and flick-up crosses were more effective than normal crosses in that game. It was a farce.

I get a "not possible to sign in because there is a new version of the downloaded update file" error when I wanna sign in to the EA Servers. Anyone know where I can fix this?

But I hate FIFA 20!
Passing is broke
Keepers OP

Ugh!

What's wrong with passing? The fact it's less accurate than it has been in the past is wonderful.

But I hate FIFA 20!
Passing is broke
Keepers OP

Ugh!

Change to 433 (4) and be happy again.

I am too.

Heading/crossing has always been a part of FIFA that I'd always rather be useless than useful.

El Tornado crosses and flick-up crosses were more effective than normal crosses in that game. It was a farce.
I don't mind crossing being nerfed, but heading from players with high heading stats should at least be good, when you see a player get above the ball and head it into row z it's a bit much, never used those flick up crosses to much effort.

Asides from they seem to be fixing the other faults in the patch.

I like the passing, no more ping pong passes and it slows the pace of the game down as well

Last edited:
You guys in this and the PES thread put me through a Rollercoaster of emotions. Every time I think I know which one of the two to get I read some negative comments and it makes me reconsider.

I’m struggling with 20 so far, I just can’t adapt to it for some reason. All my matches feel slow and my players feel like they’re running in lead boots.

Gone back to RDR2.
That's what I feel like too. My online performances are so much worse than previous editions.

I am too.

Yeah completely agree. I don’t play UT but play for a competitive clubs side and crossing was the first port of call for garbage sides that couldn’t attack through the middle. It was annoying dominating games but having to work that much harder because of aimless hit and hope crosses from the opposition.

I like FIFA 20 for the most part. Passing seems fluid, shots still seem too take to long when approaching the gk still. I'm still seeing things that make me rage hard and I just can't help it. I'm still getting punished for being a good player and it's extremely frustrating. I do wish the AI could help just a little bit more, it's hard trying to control 11 morons at the same time. Still haven't fixed the tackling, ball bounces off every single one and back to the opposition and yet when they tackle me, it's flawless, they get the ball back no drama, no tussle, just "here you go". And for the love of f***, WHY! do players make a run and then when they get into the box, they continue to run straight into the net or stand right next to the gk. Like how! am I supposed to give you the ball?

Sorry for the rant, I just played one of the most cancerous players just a minute ago and my god I wanted to break his neck :lol:

I like FIFA 20 for the most part. Passing seems fluid, shots still seem too take to long when approaching the gk still. I'm still seeing things that make me rage hard and I just can't help it. I'm still getting punished for being a good player and it's extremely frustrating. I do wish the AI could help just a little bit more, it's hard trying to control 11 morons at the same time. Still haven't fixed the tackling, ball bounces off every single one and back to the opposition and yet when they tackle me, it's flawless, they get the ball back no drama, no tussle, just "here you go". And for the love of f***, WHY! do players make a run and then when they get into the box, they continue to run straight into the net or stand right next to the gk. Like how! am I supposed to give you the ball?

Sorry for the rant, I just played one of the most cancerous players just a minute ago and my god I wanted to break his neck :lol:

You're not alone pal. I copped one of the biggest hidings I ever had playing FUT online earlier, losing 8-1 against one of the most cnutish players I have ever played against. From the kick off he was laying siege to my goal passing the ball around at lightning speed. When he went 4-1 up he took it upon himself to constantly mug me off, with skill moves and tricks, I just could not get near to any of his players and when I was able to, I was skilled past or sprinted past. I logged off before I would need to buy a new TV. The new defending is fecking hard pal.

It’s a dribble/skill fest really. There should be more than one way to score goals in a football game.

It’s a dribble/skill fest really. There should be more than one way to score goals in a football game.

yeah I really struggled with players just dribbling past me with ease. I let in 7 goals in one game when I first played. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me online.

yeah I really struggled with players just dribbling past me with ease. I let in 7 goals in one game when I first played. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me online.
Same here. Was chinned 7-1 earlier and he really wasn’t that good. Not that I am but still.

I've played a lot of games now and to be honest the issues are raring there head 75k worth of match coins worth.

The biggest one for me is keeper distribution, my keeper simply decides "feck you padr81, i'm kicking this ball where I please".
I conceded 1 goal today where I aimed a long kick to the left wing, my keeper decided nope feck that, kicked the ball off to the right, hit the head of my defender and fell to my opponents Brandt to score in an empty goal.
Three times today I've tried to roll the ball out to my cb but Courtois has decided to throw it to the full back (all 3 strangely on squad battles), One of them was a comedy goal of epic proportions.

Passing is too a little too inconsistent. While its great in general and I love that passing is harder, my players shouldn't miss simple 6 yard passes under zero pressure when I am facing straight at the guy I want to pass to. This was supposed to be fixed but its not.

Contain is overpowered as is 2nd man press but that is getting fixed in the patch so kudos to EA.

Heading could be marginally improved, there are levels between the 0 we got this year and the 100 of last season. If a player gets a free header inside 7 or 8 yards middle of the goal it shouldn't bobble off his head for a gk, its should more often than not be a goal. I'm not saying my striker should out muscle and jump VVD. But if he's in yards of space middle of the goal, he should score.

Rebounds - Being patched too, so another one I can chalk off too.

Responsiveness online, yet again the servers feel like trash and littered with inconsistent game play. Its a big issue, EA said more servers aren't the solution but on early access online felt amazing, now it feels all over the place.

Tackles bouncing back to the attacker is still common but not nearly as bad as 19. Doesn't matter though because it is as stated above rage inducing. I should be rewarded for doing things right not punished. If you are forcing people to defend manually, reward them for it. This will be a huge issue after WL.

It's a good game and 10000000000 times the game 19 was but imho its nowhere near the "great" game as of yet people are saying it is(including myself), I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10 and if they fixed the issues it would easily be a 10.

Squad Battles is yet again rigged to hell and momentum is pretty heavy in Rivals. I was 4-0 down at half time in one game, couldn't muster a shot against a far superior player who admittedly was defending by holding x and using drop back 1 depth, scored a sweaty counter goal and I just dominated him for the last 30 minutes, final score 4-4. My players felt like they were on speed. For the first hour the guy was clearly levels above me and my players felt like shit. Messaged him afterwards, he said he didn't change anything tactically (nor did I). His players just felt like shit after I scored. EA will say its not there but it is.

By Sunday night at the end of weekend league one, I think reviews of the game will be much harsher in the community than right now.
All that said I'm really enjoying it. Its a fun game and the best Fifa I've played. If they can get the first couple of patches right it will be great.

This has been my biggest issue. I understand them making crossing & headers more difficult but now it is a button bash with the skill stick.

The passing is more difficult (better for it though) so if I get myself into the position to swing in a decent cross to a decent striker then it should be possible to benefit.

I understand using skills with wide players but now it is set up that cm's just flick their way around like show ponies!

Finally i bought the damn game. 3 days ago

It has great playability. Rebounds from the keeper still go to the attackers thought. That pisses me off

Ive only played like 8 or 9 games and... meh, put it aside

Im gonna keep it to play with friends some casual games. Im not touching fut though

At 35, this is the year im oficially old.