Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

My rivals rewards were absolute tripe, nothing has changed from last year in that regard.

My rivals rewards were absolute tripe, nothing has changed from last year in that regard.
Just go for coins every time. Almost guaranteed to come off better over the long run unless you truly hit the jackpot.

I've been playing UT since '08. I've never a a TOTW player that's over 15k. And I've gotten so many of them in 19 and 3 in 20. Still not bothered.

I swear some people would put the skill stick up their arse if they could.

Need advice urgently packed otw frenkie de Jong, do I sell now for 200k or do I hold on and see if increases?

Just read up on how Icons are going to be released in the game. Put Giggs to sell instantly. First Icon swaps is on October 11th, fair chance Giggs is on that as he's considered one of the lower tier Icons which means his price would almost certainly crash. Annoying. Love using him, but can't afford to lose 100k value on him this early in the game. Icon quick sell values are 63500 this year so I'm sure they'll all drop quite a bit in time from the 350k he is now.

Isn’t it the opposite? The highest rated icon versions will be released as SBC’s and they’ll need the 2nd tier version to be used to get them so their price will rise? That’s what I was told anyway.

Right so I’ve made some solid transfer profit and currently have 390k. Do I carry on saving up for Van Dijk who looks to be going for around 560k? I can see I’m around the Mane/Sane/Salah region right now and it’s tempting but I do already have Sterling on my RW. Pulisic is my LW who I packed day one.

Right so I’ve made some solid transfer profit and currently have 390k. Do I carry on saving up for Van Dijk who looks to be going for around 560k? I can see I’m around the Mane/Sane/Salah region right now and it’s tempting but I do already have Sterling on my RW. Pulisic is my LW who I packed day one.

VVD is ridiculous OP in this. I packed him earlier today and he’s a joke of a defender. Better than icons I’ve used in drafts, probably better than getting a better Winger.

Van Dijk is probably the best NIF CB ever.

Literally destroys anything in his path.

Isn’t it the opposite? The highest rated icon versions will be released as SBC’s and they’ll need the 2nd tier version to be used to get them so their price will rise? That’s what I was told anyway.
Needing icons to get the other ones seems counter productive to what they're trying, which is to make them more accessible. That'll just raise everyones price. They're going to have Icon Swaps like what fut swaps was, and I think you'll get tokens based on objectives and you trade those in for icons I think. Maybe based off those you can upgrade icons too but definitely think it'll make them cheaper overall, as they did lower their discard value to 63.5k. So almost certainly we'll see the lower tier cards drop.

Got awful rivals rewards and threw the bozos I got into a gold upgrade pack.

Then..

Now I can just keep saving for 88 Keane. Has anyone tried him? I don’t know if he’s any good, I just want him.

Then..

Now I can just keep saving for 88 Keane. Has anyone tried him? I don’t know if he’s any good, I just want him.

A gold upgrade pack.... brilliant :lol:

Then..

fecking hell, congrats! :D

Keane is overpriced because he is an icon. Players like Pogba/Kante are cheaper and better imo. If you care about more than how good they are I.E fun then Keane doesn’t look too bad. It’s not like he’s a waste of money.

VVD wouldn’t be worth it unless you have a team worth at least 2-3 millions imo. If a large portion of your total team value is spent on him (or any other defender for that matter) it won’t be ideal as premium attackers will have a bigger impact than premium defenders. I’d go for Mane, huge upgrade on Pulisic.

5-0 in the weekend league so far. Need to get to 27 wins to be verified and get access to the EA qualifiers. I’m not sure I’m playing good enough to reach that, but we’ll see.
Here’s my team:
oTtuD0l.jpg

VVD wouldn’t be worth it unless you have a team worth at least 2-3 millions imo. If a large portion of your total team value is spent on him (or any other defender for that matter) it won’t be ideal as premium attackers will have a bigger impact than premium defenders. I’d go for Mane, huge upgrade on Pulisic.

God damn it the first two people said Van Dijk. Now look what you’ve done.

Getting the hang of it much more online now. Managed to win all but one of my games yesterday even against people obsessed with doing skills with elite squads. A bit of patience in midfield and cutting the passing lanes works wonders.

What does everyone think of the defending this year?

I'm okay with it - to me, it just seems like you can't just press at someone and take the ball off them easily like the last few years - and you have to time your pressing/tackling or you can end up on your arse leaving the attacker flying off towards goal.

But my mate is proper fuming at it, trading the game in cos he can't defend at all. I just keep strolling past his players in the box.

He keeps asking me how I'm defending, but whenever anyone asks me how I'm doing things on Fifa, I can't really explain it.

I'm okay with it - to me, it just seems like you can't just press at someone and take the ball off them easily like the last few years - and you have to time your pressing/tackling or you can end up on your arse leaving the attacker flying off towards goal.

But my mate is proper fuming at it, trading the game in cos he can't defend at all. I just keep strolling past his players in the box.

He keeps asking me how I'm defending, but whenever anyone asks me how I'm doing things on Fifa, I can't really explain it.
Best thing for your friend to do is practise. Record your games and send them to him for him to playback and observe what you're doing and then he can try to attempt it too.

God damn it the first two people said Van Dijk. Now look what you’ve done.

Getting the hang of it much more online now. Managed to win all but one of my games yesterday even against people obsessed with doing skills with elite squads. A bit of patience in midfield and cutting the passing lanes works wonders.
:lol: Sorry, did you buy him? He could maybe be more influential than a new attacker though, he’ll obviously improve your defense massively. You can’t really go wrong with him, even though I’d spend the money on forwards.

:lol: What a meltdown, basic defending can be learned in half an hour of practicing skill games and watching a youtube video or two.

Just started FUT and trying to put a PL team together.

Any cheap gems out there that I need to be aware of?

Most people online are defending horrendously and it's glorious. Played a guy last night that allowed Giroud to score a hatrick on him, one of them he beat the offside trap and beat the keeper one on one. This is a player with like 40 pace :lol:

Am i missing something about no ping pong passing? Almost everyone I play has the standard French Prem midfield and 3 quick forwards and just do constant 1 touch passes up the pitch.

Most people online are defending horrendously and it's glorious. Played a guy last night that allowed Giroud to score a hatrick on him, one of them he beat the offside trap and beat the keeper one on one. This is a player with like 40 pace :lol:

Its good innit. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

@Marksy7 stop moaning and practice!

Get to grips with shielding the ball and using L1 dribble. When defending dont sprint directly at your man, slow down, then use L2 jockey and try to predict where he wants to pass.

Do that and it'll eventually become muscle memory.

Sit back and counter attack, counter attack, counter attack. Had enough counter attacks? No? Have some more. I’m not seeing what people are seeing in this game at the moment.

Yeah its a glitch at the minute, but no doubt will be fixed. Even funnier when you are selling fitness items for 1.2k :lol:
Apparantly someone on twitter reckons it’s not a glitch and your fitness drastically reduces as the game goes on instead. So a player will be 50% fitness at half time instead of 75%. Im not sure myself as the subs that come on have reduced fitness immediately still.

Need advice urgently packed otw frenkie de Jong, do I sell now for 200k or do I hold on and see if increases?
Same. I packed him so will build around him in the hope he keeps picking up IFs because he will be a beast if so.
5-0 in the weekend league so far. Need to get to 27 wins to be verified and get access to the EA qualifiers. I’m not sure I’m playing good enough to reach that, but we’ll see.
Here’s my team:
oTtuD0l.jpg
For goodness sake charge your phone.

Looks like it's just not my year. Did 4 of those squad building challenges. Best I got was Kepa. I'm down 40k. Nice

Apparantly someone on twitter reckons it’s not a glitch and your fitness drastically reduces as the game goes on instead. So a player will be 50% fitness at half time instead of 75%. Im not sure myself as the subs that come on have reduced fitness immediately still.

Same. I packed him so will build around him in the hope he keeps picking up IFs because he will be a beast if so.

For goodness sake charge your phone.
:lol: 86% now

So what's the best way to get good players? Not do any (gold) packs but buy players in the transfer market if I read the comments in here?

Using this team for Weekend league. Still got 1 mil coins to spend, thinking about getting Pogba and Best. Anyone used Pogba yet?

:lol: Sorry, did you buy him? He could maybe be more influential than a new attacker though, he’ll obviously improve your defense massively. You can’t really go wrong with him, even though I’d spend the money on forwards.

Nah I’ve now got 398k. Still a bit far off!

Don’t want to jinx it but the luck I’ve had this week has been scandalous. I don’t buy packs, so everything gathered so far has been from rewards or SBC’s. This week I’ve managed to snag: Sané, Fernandinho, IF Willian José, OTW de Ligt, Pjanić, Hummels, Callejon, Mandzukic and Azpilicueta. I’ve had others too, the sort of discard 83s and 84s. Might not sound much to some but given my track record, it’s pretty damn good.

Here’s my team:
oTtuD0l.jpg

Looking at that team I could swear I played you in champs this morning. Did you have a 4-1 win with the last 2 goals coming in the final 10-15 minutes. 3rd goal a Socretes banger from 25 yards, near post.

If not someone is rocking the exact same team as you.

Don’t want to jinx it but the luck I’ve had this week has been scandalous. I don’t buy packs, so everything gathered so far has been from rewards or SBC’s. This week I’ve managed to snag: Sané, Fernandinho, IF Willian José, OTW de Ligt, Pjanić, Hummels, Callejon, Mandzukic and Azpilicueta. I’ve had others too, the sort of discard 83s and 84s. Might not sound much to some but given my track record, it’s pretty damn good.

I really think EA are being a bit smarter by stacking packs this year.

If people are pulling big cards consistenly, then there will be less complaints about the paying for packs as it can be justified (if paying for packs is your thing) with the rewards gained and will reduce any chance of bans like Belgium put in place.

I really think EA are being a bit smarter by stacking packs this year.

If people are pulling big cards consistenly, then there will be less complaints about the paying for packs as it can be justified (if paying for packs is your thing) with the rewards gained and will reduce any chance of bans like Belgium put in place.

Did Belgium put a ban in place? Interesting. Yeah, you could right there man.