Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Yeah, especially given how effective pace is this year I'm afraid the online meta may shift to people sitting deep with 3 CMs infront of their box at some point.
Yeah I’m constantly being counter attacked because I don’t load my defence and midfield because it bores me. It may become impossible when more people get stacked with the best cards.

My only issue with it is how much it rewards defending really deep. It can be tough to break down a packed defence when crosses are so useless. It rewards not playing with any balls.

What Ive noticed, in pro clubs especially, is that people who relied on the auto defend are going 5 at the back.

Because they have to actually defend they'll usually panick and rush you whilst spamming stand tackle/stand lunge tackle.

A simple ball roll will do them 90% of time.

Yes, I pulled that percentage out me arse.

I've packed Nicolas Pepe, Varane, Thiago, Busquets, Kroos, Fekir, Depay, etc... Pretty much every 80-85/88 rated player not playing in the Premier League apart from Pepe. Sold them all for decent prices and have build a good squad.

Any advice for a good CB? I've currently got Alderweireld and Rudiger but they're lacking somewhat. Might just save up for Van Dijk if that's even possible.

Still not a fan of UT but I'm not starting a career mode while it's broken like this.

I've packed Nicolas Pepe, Varane, Thiago, Busquets, Kroos, Fekir, Depay, etc... Pretty much every 80-85/88 rated player not playing in the Premier League apart from Pepe. Sold them all for decent prices and have build a good squad.

Any advice for a good CB? I've currently got Alderweireld and Rudiger but they're lacking somewhat. Might just save up for Van Dijk if that's even possible.

Still not a fan of UT but I'm not starting a career mode while it's broken like this.
VD is a monster CB. I just got Sanchez for the 2nd time. Hes solid for me.

Whats the most attacking formation? Tired of not having enough players up front. Always 2v5 with the one I'm using.

Whats the most attacking formation? Tired of not having enough players up front. Always 2v5 with the one I'm using.

433(4) is my go to formation for forcing goals. You can also create a lot of attacking support with the quick buildup option (makes mistakes during buildup extremely costly though) and players into box slider in custom tactics.

Struggling to defend (I may aswell have the chuckle brothers in defence) , giving away silly goals each game & miss more 1 on 1's than I could care to count - but that aside, really enjoying the game.

I really need to learn how to use the close control to stop giving the ball away easily when attacking.

Crossing is so poor but happy to see that is a general consensus on here too and not just me.

Pack luck has been good to me so far and I have been making enough money through trading to build a decent enough team.

Davinson Sanchez is usually great, although I've not used him on this version.

Struggling to defend (I may aswell have the chuckle brothers in defence) , giving away silly goals each game & miss more 1 on 1's than I could care to count - but that aside, really enjoying the game.

I really need to learn how to use the close control to stop giving the ball away easily when attacking.

Crossing is so poor but happy to see that is a general consensus on here too and not just me.

Pack luck has been good to me so far and I have been making enough money through trading to build a decent enough team.

For one on ones try and not get too close to the keeper

@bosnian_red - you're ridiculously lucky mate. I had the worst luck and basically had to re-buy my whole team and packed absolutely squat. I also still haven't got my packs for pre-order. Luckily I've grafted in the market and packed an untradeable Rakatic today (Gold upgrade SBC) - my rebuild was a la liga, so finally some good fortune, would prefer the cash though.

@bosnian_red - you're ridiculously lucky mate. I had the worst luck and basically had to re-buy my whole team and packed absolutely squat. I also still haven't got my packs for pre-order. Luckily I've grafted in the market and packed an untradeable Rakatic today (Gold upgrade SBC) - my rebuild was a la liga, so finally some good fortune, would prefer the cash though.
Yeah can't believe my luck this year. I did the hybrid league/nations/league and nations hybrid SBC's along with the basic ones, and then completed a good chunk of objectives. Got untradable Rashford, OTW lukaku (untradeable), Jordi alba, eriksen, alderweireld, vertonghen, parejo, random gold discard IF and then a lot of cheap players of course that adds up. Already saved up enough and made these 2 teams:

Martial - Rashford
87 Giggs - OTW Ndombele - IF Maddison - Sancho
Chilwell - OTW Maguire - Tuanzebe - Dalot
Pickford

OTW Lukaku - Dzeko
87 Giggs - Brozovic - Pjanic - Visca
Kolasinac - Benkovic - Vida - Vrsaljko
Subasic​

Defence is pretty mediocre in both teams but functional enough. Maguire should improve as he has enough goalscoring threat to get in forms, same with Ndombele. Will probably replace Brozovic with IF version of him and get Wan Bissaka and Shaw at fullback. Tuanzebe I have no problem with even though he's silver so might just keep as is.

Yeah can't believe my luck this year. I did the hybrid league/nations/league and nations hybrid SBC's along with the basic ones, and then completed a good chunk of objectives. Got untradable Rashford, OTW lukaku (untradeable), Jordi alba, eriksen, alderweireld, vertonghen, parejo, random gold discard IF and then a lot of cheap players of course that adds up. Already saved up enough and made these 2 teams:

Martial - Rashford
Pickford

OTW Lukaku - Dzeko
Subasic​

Defence is pretty mediocre in both teams but functional enough. Maguire should improve as he has enough goalscoring threat to get in forms, same with Ndombele. Will probably replace Brozovic with IF version of him and get Wan Bissaka and Shaw at fullback. Tuanzebe I have no problem with even though he's silver so might just keep as is.
Feck me. Well fingers crossed just talking to you I’ve got a fraction of your luck!

What camera setting do people use? I have it on co-op but it's too far away. Probably due to the stadium. What stadiums are best in that regard?

I play on co-op too.

Even though it is very high, I like it as allows me to see all my players on the pitch and don’t usually have the radar on.

My CB pairing is Alderweireld and Laporte. They work well together imo

Martial - Rashford
Pickford

OTW Lukaku - Dzeko
Subasic​

How much was Giggs?
Great team btw

Just experienced one of the worst FIFA bugs I've ever seen. Took a corner and won the header, but it was saved from a defender on the first post, and went out for another corner. Or so I thought. What really happened was that the referee blew for an offside by the player who took the corner.

Hope I learn by next year that FIFA isn't released on release day, but two or three months later, when it's patched and actually playable.

I know someone else had this issue, but I have a PS4 and installed the game as normal, then downloaded the updated squads, but when I check, Sanchez, Darmian etc. are with Utd, which I presume means it hasn't installed. Anyone know why/how to solve it?

They made crossing poor on purpose same with corners which is a good thing. I would have gone a extra level and made crossing manual, so if someone actually put in a good cross then well fair play to them. But the developers said they are not changing corners, crosses or headers. The same with clearances when you use the passing button.

I would also watch @Eddy_JukeZ, Kurt or some of the other pro players. They all play down the middle rather than running down the wings or el tornados.

The new patch looks interesting but let’s hope it doesn’t just feck up anything in the process. For now the goalkeeper rebounds and switching was the main issue. Fix that and their servers.

fd6ce00c6a9ae6cae48f58f82cfd5b0c.jpg

Will make this for my 1st weekend league. I'm a bit annoyed, because EA screwed me over with some investments. I was planning on having 2 mil more at least.

That said, can't complain. Packed Ronaldo on the web app on day 3 of EA access which helps a lot.

I must say, aside from the career mode disaster, I’m actually really enjoying FIFA 20 online. The gameplay has a really nice feel to it, they’ve actually put in some effort this year.

There's still some problems, but after last year's embarrassing and disgraceful game, I am quite pleased at the moment.

I came in fully expecting 20 to be similar to 19 and with zero expectations in general, so I am happy to be wrong.

Will make this for my 1st weekend league. I'm a bit annoyed, because EA screwed me over with some investments. I was planning on having 2 mil more at least.

That said, can't complain. Packed Ronaldo on the web app on day 3 of EA access which helps a lot.

Ah man, how on earth do you have this team already? I'll never understand, my pack luck is just awful and even worse on the ''web app'', which I thought are deliberately bad because EA dish out so many packs at the beginning.

Ah man, how on earth do you have this team already? I'll never understand, my pack luck is just awful and even worse on the ''web app'', which I thought are deliberately bad because EA dish out so many packs at the beginning.

Spent loads of money on packs.

Though the Ronaldo pull helped a lot.

It was looking rather grim without him.

@Eddy_JukeZ Im guessing you have played a fair bit with that team getting ready for this weekend... Who is stand out for you? I have just got Neymar in as he has been great in draft but sometimes draft isn't a fair reflection.

Basically just to see who you think I should be aiming to get in first

Jesus Christ, "FIFA, completed it mate". Can you even lose with that team?

When you watch a bit of top end gameplay a lot of people have such teams. It's impressive how EA managed to turn their pay2win mode into a form of e-sport.
If they were in the tobacco business they'd be trying to market cigarettes to children.

Last edited:
When you watch a bit of top end gameplay a lot of people have such teams. It's impressive how EA pulled managed to turn their pay2win mode into a form of e-sport.
If they were in the tobacco business they'd be trying to market cigarettes to children.

As far as im aware he is a pro player, so hes investing in his team to compete. Logical thing to do

As far as im aware he is a pro player, so hes investing in his team to compete. Logical thing to do

I'm not blaming anyone for doing it, I sometimes spend a few bucks on FUT myself, people can spend their money however they like. I do however think that EA are devils for marketing this fast track to gambling addiction straight to teenagers.

I'm not blaming anyone for doing it, I sometimes spend a few bucks on FUT myself, people can spend their money however they like. I do however think that EA are devils for marketing this fast track to gambling addiction straight to teenagers.

Totally agree with you mate, it has all the markings for gambling. Odds of the quality of player, build up for the big reveal and finally a reason through the use of SBCs to invest. Its actually worse than mainstream gambling because at the end of the season all your investment is worthless to an extent. This will be a big problem in years to come no doubt in my mind, same for all play to win. I invest like £50 at the start of the season and that's it, a hobby to pass my time.

Of course you can. There’s like tons of teams similar to that or better.

When you watch a bit of top end gameplay a lot of people have such teams. It's impressive how EA managed to turn their pay2win mode into a form of e-sport.

My issues and I’d say again before people keep saying trade and stuff like that. This form of pay to win shouldn’t exist. No so called competitive should have any pay to win aspects. A lot of the pros agree with that also because they invest a lot in their teams and barely make anything back because EA are stingy with the tournament money. 64th place in their so called grand finale won 500 dollars after a years hard work.

Have your normal UT mode. But have a competitive mode where everything is unlocked or every player is the same rating. I remember back in the day they used to have tournaments for regular seasons and every player was locked on 85. I don’t encourage anyone to be a fifa pro because it seems like a costly thing as it’s the only game where you need to invest thousands unlike COD or Fortnite. But EA make it unfair on the kids who want to be fifa pros without having access to mummies credit card because how are you supposed to get in when everyone has amazing squads at the start. I’m not blaming the pros or anyone because they doing what they have to do to compete.

The sooner UK ban fifa points the better.

My issues and I’d say again before people keep saying trade and stuff like that. This form of pay to win shouldn’t exist. No so called competitive should have any pay to win aspects. A lot of the pros agree with that also because they invest a lot in their teams and barely make anything back because EA are stingy with the tournament money. 64th place in their so called grand finale won 500 dollars after a years hard work.

Have your normal UT mode. But have a competitive mode where everything is unlocked or every player is the same rating. I remember back in the day they used to have tournaments for regular seasons and every player was locked on 85. I don’t encourage anyone to be a fifa pro because it seems like a costly thing as it’s the only game where you need to invest thousands unlike COD or Fortnite. But EA make it unfair on the kids who want to be fifa pros without having access to mummies credit card because how are you supposed to get in when everyone has amazing squads at the start. I’m not blaming the pros or anyone because they doing what they have to do to compete.

The sooner UK ban fifa points the better.

I mean it's quite clear that EA aren't interested in the competition aspect of e-sports, they just use it as a marketing vehicle. FIFA is naturally popular and easy to follow because of the football connection with real life, it's been played competitive for as long as I remember and it has easy access to the mainstream. If they wanted to they could probably get the game to the Olympics, but I guess it pays more to pressure players to go for their legends.