Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Passing is too a little too inconsistent. While its great in general and I love that passing is harder, my players shouldn't miss simple 6 yard passes under zero pressure when I am facing straight at the guy I want to pass to. This was supposed to be fixed but its not.

Clearly you haven't watched utd midfielders this season

That's what I feel like too. My online performances are so much worse than previous editions.

I’m a division 1 player usually but for some reason I’m in division 5 and can’t get out of it. Plus I seem to be coming up against stacked squads every match too which is frustrating considering my team is worth about 100k.

You're not alone pal. I copped one of the biggest hidings I ever had playing FUT online earlier, losing 8-1 against one of the most cnutish players I have ever played against. From the kick off he was laying siege to my goal passing the ball around at lightning speed. When he went 4-1 up he took it upon himself to constantly mug me off, with skill moves and tricks, I just could not get near to any of his players and when I was able to, I was skilled past or sprinted past. I logged off before I would need to buy a new TV. The new defending is fecking hard pal.

It's ridiculous sometimes. I was playing a bloody "fun" game mode King of the Hill. I scored a goal and skipped the celebration and everything. He scored 5 goals in that match and kept shushing and watching the goals and every cutscene. Every time I tried to keep the ball in the spot, he was easily getting it back and when he did it, I couldn't touch him. And after 60 mins he was just passing it around the back and the worse part of it I just found out, when his gk has the ball everytime I get near him, he scores an own goal and it goes back to a goal kick. I was fuming. Amazing for a "fun" game mode. :lol::mad:

It's ridiculous sometimes. I was playing a bloody "fun" game mode King of the Hill. I scored a goal and skipped the celebration and everything. He scored 5 goals in that match and kept shushing and watching the goals and every cutscene. Every time I tried to keep the ball in the spot, he was easily getting it back and when he did it, I couldn't touch him. And after 60 mins he was just passing it around the back and the worse part of it I just found out, when his gk has the ball everytime I get near him, he scores an own goal and it goes back to a goal kick. I was fuming. Amazing for a "fun" game mode. :lol::mad:

The new game modes are a nice little idea and a bit of a change but other than for objectives (I played my objectives games vs the AI) they should be played against friends only, where you can actually have a bit of a laugh. Your experience sounds horrible and I never understood people who play that way.

And celebrations are the worst part of FIFA and have been for years. Forget crappy gameplay, bugs and pay to win - it is the celebrations when someone scores and runs around for 30 seconds even though you are 7-0 up or worse 7-0 down. I bet these losers celebrate for 30 seconds when they score on squad battles too!

Just gone to switch it on and an update file is running version 1.03. Hoping they fixed the squad updates and bugs. Will let you know if the gameplay feels different

What's wrong with passing? The fact it's less accurate than it has been in the past is wonderful.

As I say it was most likely out of frustration but I find even the simplest of passes at times doesn't go where I have aimed it.

That's what I feel like too. My online performances are so much worse than previous editions.

this is exactly what I've been experiencing, I'm finishing games with like 15 shots 9 on target for example and the keeper is superman or the wood work saves it. I know people will say get better at shooting but it seems to have changed so much from 19'

Can't get over how much I love the gameplay.

I'm actually doing an offline Be a Pro career mode as a CDM which is a bit niche but its so fun. The AI have personality to them now, they create and score goals so I can actually have a realistic Be a Pro career in terms of results. Started at UCD in Ireland, now at FC Basel. Finding it harder to shoot my rating up than last year which is a good thing. Its almost like you have to move and shimmey correctly to adjust the feet of your player. The passing is so satisfying. My lack of strength is so evident, I get shoved off the ball with ease so I know I have to move the ball quickly. Just loving it so far.

There is one glitch on Be a Pro, on career mode - the max height you can make your player is 6 ft 2. No idea why. Wanted to go a bit taller.

Loving it nonetheless.

The new game modes are a nice little idea and a bit of a change but other than for objectives (I played my objectives games vs the AI) they should be played against friends only, where you can actually have a bit of a laugh. Your experience sounds horrible and I never understood people who play that way.

And celebrations are the worst part of FIFA and have been for years. Forget crappy gameplay, bugs and pay to win - it is the celebrations when someone scores and runs around for 30 seconds even though you are 7-0 up or worse 7-0 down. I bet these losers celebrate for 30 seconds when they score on squad battles too!
I really like the new game modes, a nice change. I've been waiting for a bit of fun from fifa for a long while. Just that one bloody match, sadly those players exist.

Everyone pumped for Weekend League? Or depressed at the thought of going through it all again? :lol:

Team done for weekend league. One problem is I cant get a decent Right back in. I have Walker untradeable but he would be on 4 chem (might be better than Malcutt) Anyone tried him or have suggestions?

-------------------Handanovic----------------
Malcutt--Koulibaly-----Manolas-------Sandro
-----------Goretzka-----Allan-----------------
Gnabry----------Coutinho----------Neymar
----------------Lewandowksi-----------------

I tried 4222 last night and enjoyed it, so maybe ill use that with Neymar and Lewa Striker

Haven’t seen it mentioned much, if at all, but has anyone noticed on rivals and SBs that fitness is always 100 when a game kicks off? Subs that come on have the fitness they should have but everyone who starts is on 100 despite on the squad screen everyone being on 88 or 92 for example.

Haven’t seen it mentioned much, if at all, but has anyone noticed on rivals and SBs that fitness is always 100 when a game kicks off? Subs that come on have the fitness they should have but everyone who starts is on 100 despite on the squad screen everyone being on 88 or 92 for example.

Yeah its a glitch at the minute, but no doubt will be fixed. Even funnier when you are selling fitness items for 1.2k :lol:

Can anyone please post their custom tactics/formations or squads they’re having success with.

Trying my hardest but I’m in free fall down the divisions.

Can anyone please post their custom tactics/formations or squads they’re having success with.

I have been playing between 3 formations so far but at the minute im using 4222. Strikers to get in behind, CDMs cut passing lanes and stay back, full backs stay back

Depends on your style of play I suppose. Generally I have -

Pressure on Heavy Touch
4 or 5
4 or 5

Used Possession for attack on 19 but I prefer balanced on this so far.

the rest is generally up to you for corners etc

--------------A. Lopes
Malcuit--Kimpembe--Marquinhos--Telles
----------Allan----Bonaventura
-----A.Gomez-Insigne-Cuadrado
--------------Neymar

Defensive players on stay back, CDMs on stay central, Insigne+Neymar on stay forward, Neymar and Gomez on get in behind, wide CAMs on free roam, bit deeper and narrower, pressure on heavy touch and the rest is balanced iirc.

Fut geniuses bought gnabry for 39k will his price go up after the spurs game?

@Emmet @do.ob

Cheers lads I’ll look at using your tactics, I have heard good things about 4222 so might try that formation then too.

I have been playing between 3 formations so far but at the minute im using 4222. Strikers to get in behind, CDMs cut passing lanes and stay back, full backs stay back

Depends on your style of play I suppose. Generally I have -

Pressure on Heavy Touch
4 or 5
4 or 5

Used Possession for attack on 19 but I prefer balanced on this so far.

the rest is generally up to you for corners etc
@Emmet @do.ob

Cheers lads I’ll look at using your tactics, I have heard good things about 4222 so might try that formation then too.

Drop back Ive been using along with these (although I haven’t been using come back on the strikers and im only in division 6 :lol:)

Squads are finally updated...... Now hoping they didnt feck up the game play

I’m glad to hear that the squads have been updated.

What about the gameplay? Have EA reverted back to making this a fast past paced ice hockey game like it’s predecessors with ping pong passing and op shooting?

Happens all the time when these patches get released.

It’s even better after latest patch, loving the gameplay. Unlike FIFA 19, when you concede you genuinely feel you did something wrong rather than it fecking you over.

yeah I really struggled with players just dribbling past me with ease. I let in 7 goals in one game when I first played. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me online.

Hello Mauricio!

It’s even better after latest patch, loving the gameplay. Unlike FIFA 19, when you concede you genuinely feel you did something wrong rather than it fecking you over.

Hated it before the patch. I’m convinced there was something broken and not what they intended to release.

Best description I have is that before it felt like a broken FIFA 19, now it feels like an improved one. Nothing groundbreaking but a fun game certainly.

Drop back Ive been using along with these (although I haven’t been using come back on the strikers and im only in division 6 :lol:)

I dont get it I played my 5 matches where it decides which division I'm in and I went 2W 1D 2L and it put me in division 3.

Fell into in division 4 very quickly and I'm still going backwards the teams I'm coming up against are too good for my starter squad.

Seriously, why are people with shit connections allowed to play online? There should be a minimum requirement to be able to access the online modes.

I dont get it I played my 5 matches where it decides which division I'm in and I went 2W 1D 2L and it put me in division 3.

Fell into in division 4 very quickly and I'm still going backwards the teams I'm coming up against are too good for my starter squad.
I won 3, drew 1 and lost 1 and ended up in Division 6. Makes absolutely no sense.

I’m glad to hear that the squads have been updated.

What about the gameplay? Have EA reverted back to making this a fast past paced ice hockey game like it’s predecessors with ping pong passing and op shooting?

Happens all the time when these patches get released.

Game play is great. Lot of patience needed in the game to score goal, you cant just run past people. I really like the game. Volta they have made it slightly more easier to score as they have relaxed the reflexes on the GK's. I dont know if they fixed the teams putting out shitty line ups in career mode though.

Game play is great. Lot of patience needed in the game to score goal, you cant just run past people. I really like the game. Volta they have made it slightly more easier to score as they have relaxed the reflexes on the GK's. I dont know if they fixed the teams putting out shitty line ups in career mode though.

That’s positive to hear. My main concern when EA release these patches is they just revert the game back to it’s scripted, arcadey type.

I hope career mode is fixed as well.

So you re saying gameplay is more PES like now/less scripting and I don't have to mess with sliders? If so, I'm finally going to decide to just go with FIFA this year. Can't be too arsed dealing with patches to update advertising and kits etc gfx in PES like in other years. Getting lazy.

Somehow I'm fairly lucky this year: Alisson, Goretzka, Neymar, OTW Rodri and now Kroos+Matuidi all from SBC/Rivals/SB reward packs.

I won 3, drew 1 and lost 1 and ended up in Division 6. Makes absolutely no sense.

It's so stupid, how on earth it works it out Ive no idea dont know if they partially base it on previous years as I was a division 1 player in fifa 19.

This year I'm way off.

Just read up on how Icons are going to be released in the game. Put Giggs to sell instantly. First Icon swaps is on October 11th, fair chance Giggs is on that as he's considered one of the lower tier Icons which means his price would almost certainly crash. Annoying. Love using him, but can't afford to lose 100k value on him this early in the game. Icon quick sell values are 63500 this year so I'm sure they'll all drop quite a bit in time from the 350k he is now.

I sold CR7. He was good but I was a bit disappointed. He's not as OP this year now heading has been nerfed, and he kept getting knocked off the ball too easily because of his balance. I'm gonna use the money I got for him to buy Messi and Neymar on Sunday when everyone's selling up.

So you re saying gameplay is more PES like now/less scripting and I don't have to mess with sliders? If so, I'm finally going to decide to just go with FIFA this year. Can't be too arsed dealing with patches to update advertising and kits etc gfx in PES like in other years. Getting lazy.
Havent noticed too much scripting to be honest. Seems a very enjoyable game at the moment. I only play offline so cant comment what the online part is like. This was the first Fifa I purchased since Fifa16 due to the AI scripting. I am happy I made the decision.

However as others have pointed sometimes EA put patches in and it alters the gameplay so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

That’s positive to hear. My main concern when EA release these patches is they just revert the game back to it’s scripted, arcadey type.

I hope career mode is fixed as well.
Career mode is ok in terms of squad updates. But the issue with teams playing their lowest rated players is still there. There is a good work around to that, just move all the youth players to free agents before you start a career mode and then it is much more realistic. I did that for the big 6 but not the rest and then I played West Ham last night and didnt recognise a single player

Just started Ultimate Team last night (want Career Mode to sort its shit out before starting it yet).

Doing the classic budget PL squad.
Any decent recommendations?

Just started Ultimate Team last night (want Career Mode to sort its shit out before starting it yet).

Gbamin from Everton is a nice cheap midfielder. Nathan Ake and Rudiger are fairly cheap as well for your defence.

Had to use Richarlison as striker for the OTW Ndombele stuff and he was fairly decent. Well rounded, powerful and 4*/5*. Personally wouldn't use PL for budget squads though, everything is 2-3 times as expensive.