Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Have 1.1m coins to spend on PC... Have already qualified for WL using a mid tier hybrid squad but not sure what sort of team to make. Any suggestions? Preferably 4-2-2-2.

I can't see a OTW Ndombele in my SBC challenges?! Only Saint Maxim and Pulisic
Not sbc, it's the objectives. Some are a bit annoying but none are very hard (for world class squad battles just go for the low rated teams if you struggle). Can do a lot of the objectives at the same time.
And you get packs for every objective. Amazed they gave that card for these objectives tbh

Am I doing something wrong on this game? I got into FUT for the last few months of Fifa 19 and I've made an effort to play yesterday straight after release. I have honestly never opened a player from a pack that has made it into my first 11. Must have opened more than 10 decent packs yesterday and the best player I got was Claudio Bravo.

I don't understand it, I literally get nothing.

Played 7 games last night. Won 5 out of 5 on world class against computer in Squad battles and won 2 + lost 2 in rivals. My team is absolutely dreadful, it's the first day of release fine but I'm already playing against guys with Bergkamps, Aguero etc.

Just to get how bad my team is, my top goal scorer is Andrew Surman. Just bought Ndidi, Kovacic and Diego Dalot to plug some utterly gaping holes.

Am I doing something wrong on this game? I got into FUT for the last few months of Fifa 19 and I've made an effort to play yesterday straight after release. I have honestly never opened a player from a pack that has made it into my first 11. Must have opened more than 10 decent packs yesterday and the best player I got was Claudio Bravo.

Played 7 games last night. Won 5 out of 5 on world class against computer in Squad battles and won 2 + lost 2 in rivals. My team is absolutely dreadful, it's the first day of release fine but I'm already playing against guys with Bergkamps, Aguero etc.

Just to get how bad my team is, my top goal scorer is Andrew Surman. Just bought Ndidi, Kovacic and Diego Dalot to plug some utterly gaping holes.

Do the SBCs. Will increase your chances of decent players in your packs as you're usually getting really good value.

Do the SBCs. Will increase your chances of decent players in your packs as you're usually getting really good value.

Will take a look. They always look difficult though. Like the Saint Maximin one on there is an 84 rated team and an 85 rated team...... my actual team isn't rated that high :lol:

Will take a look. They always look difficult though. Like the Saint Maximin one on there is an 84 rated team and an 85 rated team...... my actual team isn't rated that high :lol:

Do the basic then advanced ones first, rather than the live ones.

Have you got FUTBin?

Not sbc, it's the objectives. Some are a bit annoying but none are very hard (for world class squad battles just go for the low rated teams if you struggle). Can do a lot of the objectives at the same time.
And you get packs for every objective. Amazed they gave that card for these objectives tbh

Ah, didn't realise that was a thing. Thank you!

Might get him and then use the remaining 1.1m plus my untradeable Maguire OTW to make a stacked EPL team.

Do the basic then advanced ones first, rather than the live ones.

Have you got FUTBin?

I don't even know what FUTbin is? Will have a google

I've done the "league and nations" + "lets get started" ones. Got nothing worth while as yet but trying to keep going.

I don't even know what FUTbin is? Will have a google

I've done the "league and nations" + "lets get started" ones. Got nothing worth while as yet but trying to keep going.
It's an app that has solutions in for the SBCs to help get them done cheaply.

I don’t understand how to put my own pictures up, so will just say.

My 3 highest rated players are;
Pukki POTM 84
Torreira 82
Ndidi 81

I also have Ake and Gomez who are 80 rated. Ake has 75 pace and Gomez has 81 (fastest cb on the game?)

Have 1.1m coins to spend on PC... Have already qualified for WL using a mid tier hybrid squad but not sure what sort of team to make. Any suggestions? Preferably 4-2-2-2.

Since I really like midgets this year, and Insigne in particular, I'd probably build something like this (if I had the coins) https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/8679220 and switch it to 4222 in-game. CDMs aren't the best shot takers, but for me they mostly stay back anyway.

I don’t understand how to put my own pictures up, so will just say.

My 3 highest rated players are;
Pukki POTM 84
Torreira 82
Ndidi 81

I also have Ake and Gomez who are 80 rated. Ake has 75 pace and Gomez has 81 (fastest cb on the game?)

He’s been like a budget Kante for me, brilliant card.

I must say, aside from the career mode disaster, I’m actually really enjoying FIFA 20 online. The gameplay has a really nice feel to it, they’ve actually put in some effort this year.

Did you leave any low rated players at all in the teams?

Do you also know if this is a problem with Championship, League 1 and 2 teams?

I left some low rated players in just so they don’t run out of players if they end up picking up injuries, but take all of the really low 60 or below out. My impressions after doing this so far are good, along with some slider adjustments I’m having a decent career mode. Table is realistic enough so far.

I left some low rated players in just so they don’t run out of players if they end up picking up injuries, but take all of the really low 60 or below out. My impressions after doing this so far are good, along with some slider adjustments I’m having a decent career mode. Table is realistic enough so far.
Works well on mine @Shark. Really appreciated the suggestion. Just a pity the updates dont put the right squads in

Working well so far for me too. Thanks for your suggestions pal

I put in 12k points as I always do at the start, I got down to my last 2k with nothing to show for it and my frustration growing, I was blindly skipping pack animations then bang 88 kluivert from a 7.5k pack. I was so happy. :)

Really no idea what to build though. I feel like player prices are far too high currently.

Once the rest of my players sell and i get the squad battles rewards tonight i should have ~400k. Not sure who to get between Giggs 87/89 and Scholes 87/89. Going for one of those 4 though. Will probably play as part of a midfield 3 with IF maddison and OTW ndombele.

Once the rest of my players sell and i get the squad battles rewards tonight i should have ~400k. Not sure who to get between Giggs 87/89 and Scholes 87/89. Going for one of those 4 though. Will probably play as part of a midfield 3 with IF maddison and OTW ndombele.

Nice reckon I've got about that if everything sold. I'm just reinvesting constantly at the moment though. Thinking of changing my right hand side to Dembele, Vidal and Semedo to replace Sancho, Thiago and Lainer soon.

Is there just me that prefers last year’s gameplay to this year. Really dislike the game so far it’s almost putting me off playing.

I don’t really think this is any better though tbf. It’s just new, the BS is still there.

The gameplay is like night and day, for me. What I love about this year is it's impossible to do those stupid, unrealistic first time shots everyone was abusing, not every player is a threat at headers and they're more difficult to pull off and defending is a lot more tactical instead of bullshit AI doing 80% of the job for people that can't defend. It also seemed impossible to play fluid football last year, this year midfield actually matters.

Pack luck on my side so far this year.

Modric from United Arsenal SBC
Casemiro from Hernandez SBC
Pique & Wijnaldum from squad battle rewards.

I've packed De Gea and Robertson which netted 150k. My first team:

Trapp
Piszcek - Tah - Vogt - Schulz
Kampl - Brandt - Thiago
Sancho - Kramaric - Coman

Will buy Sule soon and unsure about Kramaric at this stage.

The gameplay is like night and day, for me. What I love about this year is it's impossible to do those stupid, unrealistic first time shots everyone was abusing, not every player is a threat at headers and they're more difficult to pull off and defending is a lot more tactical instead of bullshit AI doing 80% of the job for people that can't defend. It also seemed impossible to play fluid football last year, this year midfield actually matters.
Gameplay is immense this year. Just the feck up with the updated squads not working but hey ho

Just packed Kante :drool::drool::drool:

I got Neymar from squad battles rewards :drool: and because I'm such a miserable twat I'm actually a bit annoyed that I have to buy Allan earlier than I wanted to, in order to fit him into my squad.

Edit:

Settled for
---------------Lopes
Malcuit--Kimpembe--Marquinhos--Telles
-----------Allan---Bonaventura
----AA.Gomez-------------Cuadrado
-----------Neymar--Insigne

Feels so bad to replace Bruno Fernandes with Bonaventura, but given how utterly mediocre PSG/Ligue 1 CMs and LBs look in FUT it's actually not that easy to squeeze in Neymar, if you can't afford Mertens.

Last edited:
Loving this fifa so far, in FUT and Pro clubs. If you defend erratically you will be severely punished which is how it should be!

Everyone geared up for the first weekend league? Have a solid team. Could invest and make it better but gonna save and aim for Mbappe and Neymar

--------------Neuer----------
Walker--Gomez--Hernandez--Roussilon
---------Sissoko----Goretzka------------
Lucas----OTW Coutinho---------Mane
----------POTM Lewandowski-----------

I had Pepe but gonna make good coins on him and buy him back at half the price in a week or two

My verdict is that this is the best FIFA in terms of gameplay in a long time.

Manually defending is so rewarding now.

Jockeying and reading/intercepting passes is now perfect.

The new ball physics is actually a thing. You can adjust how much power you need or you think you need based on the trajectory of the ball.

Shooting seems balanced enough thus far but keepers need work. They'll sometimes flap at high floaty balls and you'll probably concede.

Although I dont play a lot of offline, the outdated rosters and broken career mode are typical EA.

EDIT: I just wanna add that imo FIFA 19 was the worst in the series by a long, long shot so it wasnt hard to improve the game! But kudos

My verdict is that this is the best FIFA in terms of gameplay in a long time.

Manually defending is so rewarding now.

Jockeying and reading/intercepting passes is now perfect.

The new ball physics is actually a thing. You can adjust how much power you need or you think you need based on the trajectory of the ball.

Shooting seems balanced enough thus far but keepers need work. They'll sometimes flap at high floaty balls and you'll probably concede.

Although I dont play a lot of offline, the outdated rosters and broken career mode are typical EA.
I actually agree with all this. Defending is actually a bit hard now. And the passes seem more fluid. But the headers need to be fixed asap, they are horrible, never on target. Also the rebounds are getting out of control. But for the most part its weirdly decent at the moment. Until the patch fecks it all up.

I actually agree with all this. Defending is actually a bit hard now. And the passes seem more fluid. But the headers need to be fixed asap, they are horrible, never on target. Also the rebounds are getting out of control. But for the most part its weirdly decent at the moment. Until the patch fecks it all up.

As someone who doesn't cross a lot the headers issue doesn't annoy me too much, but its definitely awful. The rebounds are the biggest issue on the game, but again, Im trying to get myself into the mindset of not allowing the person im playing a shot across goal so I don't rage as much :lol:

There are still a couple of really annoying things, like (too many) rebounds for attackers, GKs somtimes not reacting to balls in the air at all, players just gliding through challenges (at least it feels like that) and other stuff that's bad from a realism perspective, but probably good for a multiplayer video game like headers and FKs (maybe they just haven't been figured out by players, but I'm yet to see a remotely threatening dFK in any of my games) being almost completely useless. But everything considered it's feels pretty good for a FIFA game.

My only issue with it is how much it rewards defending really deep. It can be tough to break down a packed defence when crosses are so useless. It rewards not playing with any balls.

My only issue with it is how much it rewards defending really deep. It can be tough to break down a packed defence when crosses are so useless. It rewards not playing with any balls.

Yeah, especially given how effective pace is this year I'm afraid the online meta may shift to people sitting deep with 3 CMs infront of their box at some point.