Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

They're not at Utd on mine. Did you download the latest squads?

Why does literally every person online watch every single cutscene in a match? Are they mentally ill?

Don't get this game at all. Sanchez, Smalling and Darmian are still at Utd. Gameplay is somewhat flakey and if you play a cup final v Liverpool at Wembley the commentators keep saying Anfield. They really don't give a shit

Anyone got any advice for defending? I feel like my tactics are set up wrong. Should I have constant pressure on? Feels like literally only the defender I’m controlling does anything and the rest are basically mannequins.

yet when I attack the other player his whole midfield is chasing me from behind non stop.

When I started a career last week I remember I had Smalling, Sanchez and Darmian. I think it might just be yet another career bug where it doesn't apply the squad update.

When I started a career last week I remember I had Smalling, Sanchez and Darmian. I think it might just be yet another career bug where it doesn't apply the squad update.
Just bought and installed the game here in the US... Darmian, Sanchez, Smalling still at United.

There is another bug when you go to edit player and tuck in his shirt it will change his position. If you do it to Pogba for example he will move from a CM to a CAM. Even when you put the shirt back out the position doesnt revert back. I have also seen examples when the ability levels drop due to tucking in the shirt.

They're not at Utd on mine. Did you download the latest squads?

Yeah I've updated to the latest version and downloaded latest squads - Sanchez Smalling and Darmian still at United.

Played a kick-off match using the 'live' stats setting - Dan James is rated 69. But then on the team sheets he is rated 72.

So what are FIFA saying, he's been underperforming??

You got a hard disk copy or online download? I have the disk version

I don't think it matters which version. There are several players (Fati, Ribery) and transfers missing, because apparently EA finished the game's database before the end of the transfer window. It's utterly mind boggling that this happens to the biggest football game in 2019..

German commentary is all over the place as well, babbling on about clearing for a throw in on corners.

I don't play career mode but feck me these issues sound absolutely awful.

Yeah I've updated to the latest version and downloaded latest squads - Sanchez Smalling and Darmian still at United.

Played a kick-off match using the 'live' stats setting - Dan James is rated 69. But then on the team sheets he is rated 72.

So what are FIFA saying, he's been underperforming??
Ok so it's nothing I have done wrong haha. Saying that the game play is nice, The suggestion about moving the youth players out of the top clubs works as well until they get the first team right in career mode

Started the career mode with utd.

Out
Young, Matic, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Darmian, Sanchez
In
Ndidi, Maddison, Richarlson

Squad is much better balanced now.
De Gea
AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw
Maddison Ndidi Pogba
Richarlson Marital Rashford

Subs
Romero Lindelof McTom Greenwood, Fred, Dalot, Gomes

Started the career mode with utd.

Out
Young, Matic, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Darmian, Sanchez
In
Ndidi, Maddison, Richarlson

Squad is much better balanced now.
De Gea
AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw
Maddison Ndidi Pogba
Richarlson Marital Rashford

Subs
Romero Lindelof McTom Greenwood, Fred, Dalot, Gomes

I hate career modes like this though because you remove any kind of experience from the squad and end up with a team full of 21 year olds which wouldn’t happen.

The problem then becomes you have a team full of players entering their peaks with no one needing replacing and then it makes it difficult to make transfers out of the team.

Will do. Just home from work and playing some more tonight so will see how the matches and results go. City and Arsenal won their first three games last night though, so promising start.

Did you leave any low rated players at all in the teams?

Do you also know if this is a problem with Championship, League 1 and 2 teams?

Heard there is a ton of bugs in career mode. Wish people would stop buying this steaming shite every year.

Are drop ins on Pro Clubs useful for building EXP?

I've only played 5 but AVG rating of 7 in CDM and zero inprovement. I'm sure after 5 games on 19 you got about 12 extra skill points.

There are a tonne of bugs and it’s made the game unplayable from a career mode perspective.

Which is so bloody frustrating because the actual gameplay this year is so much better! The midfield is now actually useful and pace is appropriately useful. Defending is now about positioning and guiding into safe areas before a mistake and no longer who can fly at who.

The actual 11v11 on pitch experience is for me the best especially with the finesse dribble which makes slow but composed midfielders like Scholes finally an actually viable and useful addition.

I have all this praise and yet no incentive to play because with a weakened United team I am able to comfortable be top of the table as City, Liverpool etc are fielding 65 rated youths over Salah, Sterling et al.

It should not be down to the fans to have to manually edit each team to make the experience palpable. If they had actually done what they said they would https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa-20-career-mode-deep-dive

A lot of what was promised in those notes has been nothing short of lies. Many of the problems they said would be fixed fixtures etc teams playing weaker XI are still there.

Next year I’m not buying FIFA. It’s the only way the company will change is to see sales drop.

I've only played 5 but AVG rating of 7 in CDM and zero inprovement. I'm sure after 5 games on 19 you got about 12 extra skill points.
They not really worth the time to be honest. Better to just find any club you can join and build up your pro there. In drop in matches everyone is greedy and barely pass, so you can't even do much in them. Unless you're a gk.

Anybody know a team that has a big transfer budget but has a poor team good for building up. Thinking about making a super league in career mode.

Heard there is a ton of bugs in career mode. Wish people would stop buying this steaming shite every year.

What about the people that don't care about career mode?

Can't believe they're giving away OTW Ndombele for a relatively easy objectives list. Card is going to be OP by the end of the year after a few in forms.

The AI kickoff when losing by 2 in Squad Battles is bizarre. A guy standing back at their corner flag and hoofed back to him. Must be a glitch as its an awful tactic

I hate career modes like this though because you remove any kind of experience from the squad and end up with a team full of 21 year olds which wouldn’t happen.

The problem then becomes you have a team full of players entering their peaks with no one needing replacing and then it makes it difficult to make transfers out of the team.
Ole is that you??

No experience? Read the squad again carefully. De Gea, Maguire, Pogba, Romero, Fred good blend

All over that OTW Ndombele but I think the Saint-Maximin is steep, despite his regular card being good.

Next in my pack luck... did hybrid nations sbc, got Manolas and Eriksen of the noteworthy ones, so that's like 200k between them 2 (and only probably spent 15k outside of the untradables I actually had stored up from the objectives packs). Actually just having ridiculously good luck though I know it won't last!

Going to do hybrid leagues then the hybrid league and nations SBC's so that should load me up well. Might even be able to afford giggsy or Scholes already.

If it's anything the same as last year it's more productive to find a public club and mass spam as many games as possible.

Insigne has been completely bonkers for me, I used to have problems finishing my chances, but somehow he converts almost any finesse shot, despite leaving his chem style on basic for now. Currently playing like this:
-----------------Lopes
Saravia--Pepe-----Dias--Rui
--------Can--B. Fernandes
---Verdi-------------Cuadrado
------Gomez---Insigne

I have about 150k to spend, but I'm not sure where to go from here. The players who I feel are holding me back most are Cuadrado and Dias, but Serie A has fairly shit alternatives on the right. I'd like to go Dembele + Semedo, but I don't want to spend so big on a 84 rated player who will probably start to drop soon?! (let alone Semedo) and none of the cheap RM look appealing. If I replace Dias I have to drop Bruno Fernandes who feels really good, even at CDM, and thus basically the whole back 4.

You don’t get skill points from drop in matches sadly.