Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Just packed Vidal. Happy days. Now to see what he sells for?

Been promoted to division 1 on seasons!! Honestly can’t believe it :lol:

Ugh. Just lost on penalties in WL. This fecking boring cnut basically just passed it around in extra time, wanting to get to penalties, where I of course hand him the win.

fecking cnuts. If you have no confidence in your play, go find a different game you utter cretin.

Weren't you struggling to qualify for WL? How on earth?! I've never gotten above 3rd div in FIFA 18.
Yeah, lost in the final every time. I’ve even managed to win the title here, 6 wins in a row :drool:

‘Congratulations! In addition to your rewards you have received, you have unlocked access to FUT Champions Weekend League’

Does that mean I’m qualified for next weekends?!

How does everyone defend then? Because I'm being dismantled every game at this point, while struggling to break down even the shittest players. I defend totally manually, controlling the defender against the player and switching player according to where the ball goes. Seems like everyone else lets the AI do it and just tracks back with their CMs.

How does everyone defend then? Because I'm being dismantled every game at this point, while struggling to break down even the shittest players. I defend totally manually, controlling the defender against the player and switching player according to where the ball goes. Seems like everyone else lets the AI do it and just tracks back with their CMs.
How many CDMs do you have in your formation, apparently having 2 and going park the bus is the meta, i myself could never do that id rather lose than park the bus, its a game that used to be fun now its all out defence from everyone and the AI

How many CDMs do you have in your formation, apparently having 2 and going park the bus is the meta, i myself could never do that id rather lose than park the bus, its a game that used to be fun now its all out defence from everyone and the AI

Used to have 2 with 4231, but recently switched to 4321, so none. I tried parking the bus for about 2 games but it sucked all the enjoyment out. I had no players in his half and couldn't create anything. I'd get the ball to my forward and immediately lose the ball to their shit-hot defenders which are on me right away. For some reason though my defenders allow so much space.

Used to have 2 with 4231, but recently switched to 4321, so none. I tried parking the bus for about 2 games but it sucked all the enjoyment out. I had no players in his half and couldn't create anything. I'd get the ball to my forward and immediately lose the ball to their shit-hot defenders which are on me right away. For some reason though my defenders allow so much space.
i get caught with the same shit but iv never actually tried PTB in 18 as its just boring, i believe that fifa should be an offensive based game as the more the game stacks the defence the worse it gets for the general player and this one is plane boring to play, when you get the break from passing the defence to death you should be rewarded instead a lot of the time a defender with feck all pace can catch a 90 rated pace player and make the tackle, its like every defender is sanchez vs lingard in the europa final

i get caught with the same shit but iv never actually tried PTB in 18 as its just boring, i believe that fifa should be an offensive based game as the more the game stacks the defence the worse it gets for the general player and this one is plane boring to play, when you get the break from passing the defence to death you should be rewarded instead a lot of the time a defender with feck all pace can catch a 90 rated pace player and make the tackle, its like every defender is sanchez vs lingard in the europa final

Yeah same here. It's just frustrating being taken apart by Zaha every game as my defenders stand and watch. You could drive a bus through the amount of space between them all, never mind pass a ball through it. It's not even the weekend league either, this is like division 5 against people so bad they didn't qualify!

Yeah same here. It's just frustrating being taken apart by Zaha every game as my defenders stand and watch. You could drive a bus through the amount of space between them all, never mind pass a ball through it. It's not even the weekend league either, this is like division 5 against people so bad they didn't qualify!
what is your team

I just tried a couple of games using the tactic I mentioned above - letting the AI defend and tracking back with one runner - and I've kept 2 clean sheets in a row. It's ridiculous how this game rewards you for not doing it properly.

I'll enjoy it when I've earned enough to get me a Maradona card :drool:

Seriously though, yeah, I mostly enjoy myself. This is the first weekend I'm playing WL tho', and trying to do all the games in Squad Battles as well means that I've gotten a sore right thumb for the first time in yonks :lol:

How is your first weekend going? How are you finding the oppo?

I finished with 19 wins from 39, so missed out on Gold 2 :(

I’m using POTM Sane at striker and he is amazing. For anyone debating whether to pick him up Or not I highly recommend it. He Feels like an icon.

Also the new Irish SBC player is very good too for an impact sub and only cost me 3k to do.

Does anyone actually enjoy playing this game?

I mean, truly enjoy it?

As in, have fun.

It seems to have turned into a grind fest. The weekend league in particular. I know the rewards are great if you can finish high in the rankings, but it seems like it's more of a compulsion for most, as opposed to playing the game for purely entertainment and enjoyment value.

It's stressful as all hell, i know that.

Its sad to admit but no, i cant say ive ever had fun playing 18. I only play it fut champs for the rewards and to sate my ego.

Only time ive truly had fun is in pro clubs.

Its sad to admit but no, i cant say ive ever had fun playing 18. I only play it fut champs for the rewards and to sate my ego.

Only time ive truly had fun is in pro clubs.

Yeah, the only thing i enjoy on it now is Co-Op seasons with my mate. That's good fun, but FUT is a cluster.

I just read this thread and the Fifa reddit page and everyone is complaining and bitching (rightfully so) and i just wonder how many people actually enjoy playing the damn thing!

Weird game is Fifa

Yeah, the only thing i enjoy on it now is Co-Op seasons with my mate. That's good fun, but FUT is a cluster.

I just read this thread and the Fifa reddit page and everyone is complaining and bitching (rightfully so) and i just wonder how many people actually enjoy playing the damn thing!

Weird game is Fifa
It seems to be like a drug. Think how good it feels when you score a great last minute winner, or narrowly edge a close game. You're constantly chasing that high every time you turn it on.

It seems to be like a drug. Think how good it feels when you score a great last minute winner, or narrowly edge a close game. You're constantly chasing that high every time you turn it on.

I don't think anyone don't slaughter Fifa or EA each year due to how scripted games always go on, but it's addiction, you insult every employer in EA every time you play Fifa, and then end up buying the next installment, again and again and again. :lol:

Played my first 2 games in division 1.

The first game I was losing 1-0 and ended up winning 3-1. The second game I was 2-0 down and drew 2-2.

I genuinely thought I’d lose every game. Need 14 points to stay up which still seems quite ambitious but we’ll see!

Played my first 2 games in division 1.

The first game I was losing 1-0 and ended up winning 3-1. The second game I was 2-0 down and drew 2-2.

I genuinely thought I’d lose every game. Need 14 points to stay up which still seems quite ambitious but we’ll see!
I think you're grouped in with division 1 players in matchmaking from around division 3 or so. So you've probably been playing them for a while

How is your first weekend going? How are you finding the oppo?

I finished with 19 wins from 39, so missed out on Gold 2 :(

16 wins in 30 so far, so if I win half my matches I'll manage Gold 2.

At first it was really shitty, and I lost like 6 on the trot early on. Since then I've managed to win more reliably. Not quite as sweaty as I expected it to be, for the most part.

I think you're grouped in with division 1 players in matchmaking from around division 3 or so. So you've probably been playing them for a while
Rage quit the third game, 3-0 down after 10 mins to a team with Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale front 3. Van Dijk can’t cope with a trio like that ffs.

No joke, that's exactly what i was going to say to the guy i was responding to. The only reason i didn't was because before the come down, drugs are actually pleasurable :lol:

Division 1 can fcuk off. All I'm seeing is teams full of icons and virgins pausing it before kick off.

I’m using POTM Sane at striker and he is amazing. For anyone debating whether to pick him up Or not I highly recommend it. He Feels like an icon.

Also the new Irish SBC player is very good too for an impact sub and only cost me 3k to do.

Did you have an IF card already to use from a pack? 3k sounds too good to be true

Did you have an IF card already to use from a pack? 3k sounds too good to be true

If you have a crappy one knocking around you can use it as long as you are careful. I did the whole challenge for 6k or so. Could of done it cheaper but I done some lazy buy nows on a couple of players.

He's a lethal sub and well worth around 10k or so. 93 pace, 80 shooting, 82 dribbling.

Only other player on the game with those stats under 40k is In Form Josef Martinez from the MLS and costs 20k. Bargain if you've got a crappy IF lying around. Worth spending on a 10-12k IF and building a team for 4-5k around him easily.

Last edited:
Anybody know how to set up a team to high press and the AI pressing all the time wherever the ball goes? Or do i just use the one button that enables the one player to attack the player with the ball?

The reason i am asking is that i played against some cnut who had 2 or 3 players on me all the time, i had no space unless i dribbled my way out of it, because passing was very difficult. I won 2-1 with a lot of effort and some Del Piero magic, but that stuff is annoying and quite effective against bad to average players. So i guess he set up his individual tactics to high pressing and high aggressiveness?

@izec
You just tweak it during the match,

I believe pressing down on the D-Pad and then down again tells your team press higher and then pressing up on the D-Pad and then down tells them press higher. You have to use it every time you lose the ball I believe as its not something you can set and leave.

@izec
You just tweak it during the match,

I believe pressing down on the D-Pad and then down again tells your team press higher and then pressing up on the D-Pad and then down tells them press higher. You have to use it every time you lose the ball I believe as its not something you can set and leave.

I will look for this and some other stuff and try out things, i usually dont play with pressing, so have no real clue on that. Will see if something works

I will look for this and some other stuff and try out things, i usually dont play with pressing, so have no real clue on that. Will see if something works

I find it works great against bad players combined with r1 to 2nd man press but I also find against good players especially those who can ping pong pass very well or with good skilled players, it will leave you wide open time and again. You should definitely try it in friendlies to see if you can defend like that.

Got the 40-0 earlier this FUT than in 17. Very happy.

Even more-so, because the TOTW looks completely stacked. Hopefully get lucky in the packs.

16 wins in 30 so far, so if I win half my matches I'll manage Gold 2.

At first it was really shitty, and I lost like 6 on the trot early on. Since then I've managed to win more reliably. Not quite as sweaty as I expected it to be, for the most part.

Not a bad position for the run in.

As long as you get the 2 for the auto qualification then can build from there. Good luck with the remaining games.