Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

I've done an SBC and it's all green and letting me submit but when I do press submit it comes up with an error message saying 'failed to submit squad'. Anyone seen this before?

Doing it on the app?

Anyone here who has >1.7m coins?

Not in free coins, but my club value is well over 1.7m.

Only got top 100 rewards once too, because I keep choking or getting screwed over :lol:

No margin for error on PS4 for top 100 this year so far.

Not in free coins, but my club value is well over 1.7m.

Only got top 100 rewards once too, because I keep choking or getting screwed over :lol:

No margin for error on PS4 for top 100 this year so far.
Yeah agree. Skill gap feels smaller than ever at the moment which, together with exams, keeps me away for the time being.

I’m assuming you have CR7 but if not you should get him. Haven’t owned him in previous versions so can’t say this for sure but I think he’s better than ever

Anyone bored and fancy making me a 500k squad :wenger:? Or a prem squad built round KDB for 250k.

Yeah agree. Skill gap feels smaller than ever at the moment which, together with exams, keeps me away for the time being.

I’m assuming you have CR7 but if not you should get him. Haven’t owned him in previous versions so can’t say this for sure but I think he’s better than ever

Yeah I've got CR7 and Messi. He's been very good so far.

Really want to get the Baby Del Piero back as well. Bale's annoying me a lot.

Is there ever a 'good' time to buy an icon? Never had one before & want to buy 85 Crespo, but I feel like he could just plummet in price at any moment. He's 630k, and I have 980k at the moment.

EDIT: Has anybody actually used him? To me he looks the best value attacking legend for that price... Him or 85 Hernandez.

Is there ever a 'good' time to buy an icon? Never had one before & want to buy 85 Crespo, but I feel like he could just plummet in price at any moment. He's 630k, and I have 980k at the moment.

EDIT: Has anybody actually used him? To me he looks the best value attacking legend for that price... Him or 85 Hernandez.

85 Hernandez looks top! Anyone done his sbc and got any idea how much it costs?

For reference... I used 86 Shevchenko (who was class) about a month ago for like 890k, exactly a month ago his price was 940k or so, and then a few days ago he was 750k but now is 830k. Basically it's like impossible to predict their value because there aren't a lot of them on the market so its very inconsistent.

Have had my first three matches on WL. Got spanked in the first one, had a real hard time holding on to the ball. Second match I was down 2-0 before I was a 15 mins into the match, got me a rate quit at 2-5 :D

3rd was a fairly simple 2-0 win. I hope I can keep this up, I really want to manage to land on one of the Elite levels. 37 more matches... No doubt I’ll agree that it’s a grind by the end of the weekend :lol:

Have had my first three matches on WL. Got spanked in the first one, had a real hard time holding on to the ball. Second match I was down 2-0 before I was a 15 mins into the match, got me a rate quit at 2-5 :D

3rd was a fairly simple 2-0 win. I hope I can keep this up, I really want to manage to land on one of the Elite levels. 37 more matches... No doubt I’ll agree that it’s a grind by the end of the weekend :lol:
Weekly elite 3 isnt worth it. Gold 1 is better for rewards.

Going to have to miss WL this week which sucks. Picked up the rewards last night and best I had was Khedira for around 4K :(

Currently have 250k and looking to improve the following squad:

Courtois

Valencia, Bailly, Rudiger, Rose

Wijnaldum, Fernandinho, Gündoğan (Dembélé, Herrera, Bakayoko)

Martal, Jesus, Sane (Rashford)

Potentially eyeing up Kante for around 190k or so? Or should I wait for Black Friday? Any other suggestions for upgrades would be best welcome!

Going to have to miss WL this week which sucks. Picked up the rewards last night and best I had was Khedira for around 4K :(

Currently have 250k and looking to improve the following squad:

Courtois

Valencia, Bailly, Rudiger, Rose

Wijnaldum, Fernandinho, Gündoğan (Dembélé, Herrera, Bakayoko)

Martal, Jesus, Sane (Rashford)

Potentially eyeing up Kante for around 190k or so? Or should I wait for Black Friday? Any other suggestions for upgrades would be best welcome!
I think your midfield sucks compared to the rest of the team. I’d possibly wait until after black friday and then buy Kante and Alli and play them together with Bakayoko when you want to play your best team. Bakayoko and Kante as defensive mids and Alli as the one pushing forward.

I think your midfield sucks compared to the rest of the team. I’d possibly wait until after black friday and then buy Kante and Alli and play them together with Bakayoko when you want to play your best team. Bakayoko and Kante as defensive mids and Alli as the one pushing forward.

Thanks for the reply. I currently either have Fernandinho:Bakayoko playing the defensive mid not going forward role and the other two box to box as I like to play continually pressing with Wijnaldum and Gündoğan so basically every game around 60-70mins I bring on Dembele/Herrera.

I agree that Kante could significantly improve that midfield in the defensive role and I could potentially change to two defensive midfielders and one going forward. Haven’t used Alli As of yet, is he decent?

I never got the fuss with Kante. He's too small for me, and although he's got good stamina and pace, he never wins anything in the air.

And yes I am the Tony Pulis of Ultimate Team.

For reference... I used 86 Shevchenko (who was class) about a month ago for like 890k, exactly a month ago his price was 940k or so, and then a few days ago he was 750k but now is 830k. Basically it's like impossible to predict their value because there aren't a lot of them on the market so its very inconsistent.

Thanks. He has risen in the last few days by about 30k so I might wait for a dip, then buy him then. I'm just stupidly cautious when it comes to the market as buying & selling is my main way of making coins :lol:

EDIT: Just gave in and bought him for 615k, not a bad price at the current state of the market.

I never got the fuss with Kante. He's too small for me, and although he's got good stamina and pace, he never wins anything in the air.

And yes I am the Tony Pulis of Ultimate Team.

Agree completely. Also, he seems to appear in amazing attacking positions way more than other players, and of course his shooting is absolutely garbage, so he just wastes chances. And then he's out of position in midfield, even if have 'Stay Back While Attacking' on.

Last edited:
Well they pretty much made that sbc impossible to invest for... Sane potm. Might hold out the next few weeks and hope KDB has another few big weeks to win it next month. Plus the game still isnt fun so no biggie. Annoying how im probably goung to lose like 200k through my investments.... feck it

Edit: Just checked... everything in my club was worth 1.85mil yesterday (a tiny bit more then it was when I bought it all). 1.6mil this morning :lol: Feck me. Let's hope KDB wins this month

Last edited:
Why the feck didn't I sell Sane yesterday... Got him for around 25k each and I have 6 of him, was 30k last night and is now 10k :eek: Literally lost pretty much 20k each for what was a 30k player. Crazy. Tempted to hold on for a tiny bit in the hopes he goes back up a tiny bit...
Also hell I knew that there was very little chance he himself would be needed. Frustrating

Well they pretty much made that sbc impossible to invest for... Sane potm. Might hold out the next few weeks and hope KDB has another few big weeks to win it next month. Plus the game still isnt fun so no biggie. Annoying how im probably goung to lose like 200k through my investments.... feck it

Edit: Just checked... everything in my club was worth 1.85mil yesterday (a tiny bit more then it was when I bought it all). 1.6mil this morning :lol: Feck me. Let's hope KDB wins this month
Cheap IFs the way to go, I had Boruc, Cook, two Belgians plus some 83/84 germans/EPL etc. Bit pointless completing it as I don't play with wingers, but we will see..

Massively disappointed Sane is POTM. Wanted to build a team around De Bruyne, Del Piero and Jesus as my offensive trio. Plan ruined.

Massively disappointed Sane is POTM. Wanted to build a team around De Bruyne, Del Piero and Jesus as my offensive trio. Plan ruined.
Bet he'll get it for November. Motm vs Arsenal, next games are leicester, huddersfield and southampton. So Just gotta hold on for 3 weeks...

Weekly elite 3 isnt worth it. Gold 1 is better for rewards.

I'll have to aim for Elite 2, then ;P Why exactly would the packs in Gold 1 be more worth it? Higher number of rare players in Elite 3, right? If I pack the right players, I might be dead happy that I went for it.

I'll have to aim for Elite 2, then ;P Why exactly would the packs in Gold 1 be more worth it? Higher number of rare players in Elite 3, right? If I pack the right players, I might be dead happy that I went for it.
You will get 3 discards for 10k in the elite totw pack. Whilst the premium jumbo pack will likely have another walkout. Packed Lacazette, Hummels, Ibra yesterday for example. That one pack is worth more than the 20k plus 3 discard totw's. Trust me, you wont get an useful IF. Or at least I dont.

Need a not too expensive striker now for some time, tried Griezmann before, he wasnt that good for me.

Anyone tried out Lewandowski/Aubameyang/Cavani IF? I could probably add Lukaku too, bit i dont think he is better than the 3 mentioned

You will get 3 discards for 10k in the elite totw pack. Whilst the premium jumbo pack will likely have another walkout. Packed Lacazette, Hummels, Ibra yesterday for example. That one pack is worth more than the 20k plus 3 discard totw's. Trust me, you wont get an useful IF. Or at least I dont.

There's also the bump in gold coins, and the Jumbo Rare Players pack, but you don't reckon those help bump Elite 3 into being worthwhile?

Regardless, I can't believe I never took a look at the rewards before. Makes SB look quite paltry :o

There's also the bump in gold coins, and the Jumbo Rare Players pack, but you don't reckon those help bump Elite 3 into being worthwhile?

Regardless, I can't believe I never took a look at the rewards before. Makes SB look quite paltry :o
That's the 20k difference in coins, plus 30k from those 3 players. But a premium back is worth more than that. You almost always get a walkout from that worth 30k minimum, and then all the extra players.

lets hope so. Who decides this anyway?
It's just the standard player of the month award through the premier league, so whatever panel of judges does that. Public vote counts for like 10% and that's it.

Does anyone else have NIF De Bruyne in their team? Struggling to work out how to play him ,he's done nothing for me so far. I've played 500+ games in total (not with him) and I still have no idea what formation I like.

40 games of the terrible EA server is going to drive me crazy. I never seem to have any control when it happens but the opposition always seem to be fine and end up in my box. Any tips to handle it?