Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

That's the 20k difference in coins, plus 30k from those 3 players. But a premium back is worth more than that. You almost always get a walkout from that worth 30k minimum, and then all the extra players.

No worries, at this rate I won't make Gold 1, let alone any of the Elites. Thanks for the clarification, tho'.

Got IF Pjanic the other day, 89 passing 87 dribbling and he has been so underwhelming. Think I’ll swap him to IF matuidi, or start a hybrid, calcio A is getting pretty thin.

I fecking hate this fecking game so fecking much. Is there a higher amount of jammy scripting in Champions? And if so, why does it never seem to favour me?!

I get zero enjoyment out of playing the meta, but you limit your chances significantly by not. Every second game is IF Martial and and immediate substution to bring Alessandrini on/4-1-2-1-2. It's so bad having one playstyle rule everything.

Holy fecking shit...

I was fecking livid.

Thats crazy, I swear I had a player teleport on Squad Battles.

I put Sane clean through with a great pass next thing a defender who is behind him just appears in front of him (well more like moves across the screen real quick like 20 yards in 0.025 seconds, while not moving his legs) and makes a tackle. I was furious, lost 2-1 to comp on legendary to and that would have put me 2-0 up. Couldn't even blame lag as I wan't online... People can say it doesn't but the game just simply decides "screw you" sometimes and will do what it deems necessary to feck you up.

Haven’t indulged in FUT so far, as I started out pretty poor on normal seasons.

But I’m now on my 6th promo to Div 2 and 15 games unbeaten. Considering starting FUT as I finally have some idea on how to defend...

I wish you could just play all 12 games at once for squad battles on a Saturday/Sunday. I can play the first set at 12am on Saturday morning but have no way to refresh due to being at work at that time its really frustrating and stopping me getting Elite 1 cause I miss 8 games every week!

Refreshing via the web app should be a thing.

I wish you could just play all 12 games at once for squad battles on a Saturday/Sunday. I can play the first set at 12am on Saturday morning but have no way to refresh due to being at work at that time its really frustrating and stopping me getting Elite 1 cause I miss 8 games every week!

I missed 1 day this week and could possibly miss Sunday yet. I should make elite 2 I think

Edir: first time doing the full week and got to say I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Got IF Pjanic the other day, 89 passing 87 dribbling and he has been so underwhelming. Think I’ll swap him to IF matuidi, or start a hybrid, calcio A is getting pretty thin.
Pjanic was great before all the patches. Even silva/mata/iniesta were class then. Since the patches theyve made those slow, skillful players pretty shite now. Shame.

Turns out Crespo is utter shite. Avoid at all costs. Need to sell him for 647k to make my coins back :(

If I can get rid of him I'll probably try 85 Hernandez. More pace, better workrates and traits.

I missed 1 day this week and could possibly miss Sunday yet. I should make elite 2 I think

Edir: first time doing the full week and got to say I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Seriously, how do you guys achieve elite 1/2?! I struggle getting in Elite 3 and play it all week. I can hold my own on world class but legendary on anything but low level teams with low chem I can't do. I think rage quitting doesn't help, how teams with low chem can ping pong pass is irritating

Mbappe is the best striker for coins in the game. 120k and scored me 28 goals in 18 games. His movement, dribbling, pace and finishing are lethal. Pity i cant afford his 85 OTW card, he is sensational. Only weakness are his shots outside the pebalty box, they are crap. But once you are in it, he slots them in

Seriously, how do you guys achieve elite 1/2?! I struggle getting in Elite 3 and play it all week. I can hold my own on world class but legendary on anything but low level teams with low chem I can't do. I think rage quitting doesn't help, how teams with low chem can ping pong pass is irritating

I can win 90% of games on legendary. A couple of times the computer will decide I'm not winning that game no matter what with unreal saves and passing triangles that just wouldn't be possible, but most of the time it's fine.

I don't get how people win on ultimate though. Every player 95-99 rated and you just can't get near them.

I can win 90% of games on legendary. A couple of times the computer will decide I'm not winning that game no matter what with unreal saves and passing triangles that just wouldn't be possible, but most of the time it's fine.

I don't get how people win on ultimate though. Every player 95-99 rated and you just can't get near them.
What formation do you play?

Just hate it to lose games in which i dominate. If someone is better than me i have no issues, but it is so frustrating to lose due to some bugs and tricks of the opponent and/or the game being utter shite.

I find I breeze past teams on legendary, usually winning by 2-3 goals until i hit Elite 3 rank, then it all goes to absolute shit. AI seems to go to an unbelievable level of bullshit and cheating when I hit elite 3....

Just played a game where I came from 3-0 to draw 3-3, and my God was there aids-a-plenty.

I had 14 shots on target to his 4, and I think Donnarumma might be the best GK I've faced. He stopped everything, it bordered on the obscene at times. Even my levelling goal was a penalty. Sold Rashford and bought Jesus, just to punish him for missing every single chance I could make for him.

Just played a game where I came from 3-0 to draw 3-3, and my God was there aids-a-plenty.

I had 14 shots on target to his 4, and I think Donnarumma might be the best GK I've faced. He stopped everything, it bordered on the obscene at times. Even my levelling goal was a penalty. Sold Rashford and bought Jesus, just to punish him for missing every single chance I could make for him.

Rashford is trash compared to Jesus. Sold him after about 4 games.

I find I breeze past teams on legendary, usually winning by 2-3 goals until i hit Elite 3 rank, then it all goes to absolute shit. AI seems to go to an unbelievable level of bullshit and cheating when I hit elite 3....
Wish I could do that, saying that I sold my team before the crash so now playing with a half put together team. I lost a lot of money on sane (i bought 12 and didnt sell in hype) through the potm sbc so only have 200k plus investments ready for mls sbc.

I'll give it a try, I play 4-3-2-1 and find that my midfield are miles too deep even though on custom tactics I have only one set to 'stay back during attack'

Wish I could do that, saying that I sold my team before the crash so now playing with a half put together team. I lost a lot of money on sane (i bought 12 and didnt sell in hype) through the potm sbc so only have 200k plus investments ready for mls sbc.

I'll give it a try, I play 4-3-2-1 and find that my midfield are miles too deep even though on custom tactics I have only one set to 'stay back during attack'

I have both CMs set to stay back while attacking and just let my front 4 attack. Alli and Bakayoko are usually about 5-10 metres outside the area when I've got a sustained attack.

Setting full backs to stay back while attacking has been the biggest change for me I'd say. You notice it a lot more than the CM instructions.

I have both CMs set to stay back while attacking and just let my front 4 attack. Alli and Bakayoko are usually about 5-10 metres outside the area when I've got a sustained attack.

Setting full backs to stay back while attacking has been the biggest change for me I'd say. You notice it a lot more than the CM instructions.
I guess it's figuring out what fits your play exactly. I did have my full backs set to get forward but changed it to stay back, I don't tend to get hit on the counter as much but something's missing from my attack.

I guess it's figuring out what fits your play exactly. I did have my full backs set to get forward but changed it to stay back, I don't tend to get hit on the counter as much but something's missing from my attack.

Yeah it can be annoying when your looking to switch play and the full backs won't move up.

A number 10 is key for me though, I can't play without one and they are constantly popping up with goals for me.

Yeah it can be annoying when your looking to switch play and the full backs won't move up.

A number 10 is key for me though, I can't play without one and they are constantly popping up with goals for me.
Yeah I've noticed if there's no number 10, the gap between midfield and attackers is too big.

Pretty much this for me too.

I totally lost it against one team the other day. Was a Serie A squad and it fecking destroyed me, up 4-0 within 20 mins and I was trying to break my controller in half

Tbf after the second goal went in I lost my composure and was too fuming to play.

For me though I’ve just played against legendary so many times I know exactly how to exploit it.

I feel like if I was really committed and had the time on a weekend I could possibly reach top 100 but I work pretty much every weekend so I just settle for Elite 2 most weeks which if I play my weekday games I only need to play a handful on a weekend which is good.

Don’t bother with FUT champs as I just couldn’t get my games in even if I qualified etc.

Pretty much this for me too.

I totally lost it against one team the other day. Was a Serie A squad and it fecking destroyed me, up 4-0 within 20 mins and I was trying to break my controller in half

Tbf after the second goal went in I lost my composure and was too fuming to play.

For me though I’ve just played against legendary so many times I know exactly how to exploit it.

I feel like if I was really committed and had the time on a weekend I could possibly reach top 100 but I work pretty much every weekend so I just settle for Elite 2 most weeks which if I play my weekday games I only need to play a handful on a weekend which is good.

Don’t bother with FUT champs as I just couldn’t get my games in even if I qualified etc.

I was expecting just 4 games on each of the weekend days. Done me over there being so many and think I'll end up dropping down to elite 3 which I really don't want to happen as the jump between the 2 rewards is massive.

Does anyone actually enjoy playing this game?

I mean, truly enjoy it?

As in, have fun.

It seems to have turned into a grind fest. The weekend league in particular. I know the rewards are great if you can finish high in the rankings, but it seems like it's more of a compulsion for most, as opposed to playing the game for purely entertainment and enjoyment value.

It's stressful as all hell, i know that.

Does anyone actually enjoy playing this game?

I mean, truly enjoy it?

As in, have fun.

It seems to have turned into a grind fest. The weekend league in particular. I know the rewards are great if you can finish high in the rankings, but it seems like it's more of a compulsion for most, as opposed to playing the game for purely entertainment and enjoyment value.

It's stressful as all hell, i know that.

I'll enjoy it when I've earned enough to get me a Maradona card :drool:

Seriously though, yeah, I mostly enjoy myself. This is the first weekend I'm playing WL tho', and trying to do all the games in Squad Battles as well means that I've gotten a sore right thumb for the first time in yonks :lol: