Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

How does the daily knockouts work as far as matchmaking goes, is your final always someone else’s final? I’m getting to the final every time and then playing someone far better than me and getting butchered.

Gonna have to change formation. Costa is wasted on the right, and Zlatan has been underwhelming for me as a CAM. Honestly preferred Carroll. :lol:

I personally wouldn’t buy him. Lacks quite a bit of shooting to be anywhere near worth his price. I’d have a hard time choosing between him and Alli.

I’m quite pleased with him when he comes from behind to support my CAM Firminho. Ideal from just outside the box, I’ve found anyway.

3-1 up with 15 mins to go, he brought it back to 3-3 and I hit the post last minute. I went 4-3 up in extra time and still lost 5-4. I’m done with this game that’s my lot this year.

Im planning to use hunter on him which would make him very complete bar defending stats, if he isnt as good as I hoped will buy Kante and Hazard instead.
Chemistry styles doesn’t affect players as much as EA want people to think. Pogbas finishing doesn’t go up to 86 on hunter, though his shooting might just end up being acceptable for a 450k midfielder.

Ignore Macern, Pogba is immense. Once you get going with him its nigh on impossible to get dispossessed.

Awesome close control as well. Rocket of a shot too.

Chemistry styles doesn’t affect players as much as EA want people to think. Pogbas finishing doesn’t go up to 86 on hunter, though his shooting might just end up being acceptable for a 450k midfielder.
I've always felt that, I mean how could the same player possibly be better than the other just because of a chemistry card? Adds nothing in my eyes and it should be that way.

Ignore Macern, Pogba is immense. Once you get going with him its nigh on impossible to get dispossessed.

Awesome close control as well. Rocket of a shot too.
Yeah Pogba was brilliant for me. Easily the best midfielder (who isn't an icon, haven't tried the likes of gullit or vieira). Just feels different then most.

I've always felt that, I mean how could the same player possibly be better than the other just because of a chemistry card? Adds nothing in my eyes and it should be that way.
It does affect players, just not as much as EA says it does. There’s a notable difference between chemistry styles, but players don’t get +15 pace just because they have a hunter or a shadow chemistry style. Aubameyang will always be faster than Aguero regardless of chemistry style.

I think chemistry styles affect goalkeepers the most. Though they don’t do what they say they do. For instance a keeper can have rubbish handling on glove, but way better handling on cat even though glove is supposed to increase handling and not cat. That’s why I’d advise everyone to test different styles on goalkeepers.

Pogba's price is ridiculous, i am not paying that for an 87 rated midfielder. His physical and dribbling for a big guy is impressive, but the rest is underwhelming. Either i pack him or the price drops quite a bit more, which i doubt will happen.

Packed Ljajic TOTW card in a pack yesterday. He was going for ~20k yesterday. Do people on here reckon that his price will rise after Black Friday or am I better off selling him now?

Anyone here who has >1.7m coins?
I'm at 1.8m but everything's invested in POTM stuff pretty much since I stopped playing after October was done. Not sure how much I'll play until they fix the game as it hasn't been enjoyable with their patches.

Iv been looking up some of the shit to buy in the crash, some think scream cards would be a good investment as futmas last year needed scream cards for some of the SBC's

I'm at 1.8m but everything's invested in POTM stuff pretty much since I stopped playing after October was done. Not sure how much I'll play until they fix the game as it hasn't been enjoyable with their patches.
Agree, I’m currently on a longer break. You should seriously consider buying CR7 when you start playing again. He’s just unreal. Has something like 200 goals in 120 games for me and I don’t even force my game around him. He’s literally perfect

Agree, I’m currently on a longer break. You should seriously consider buying CR7 when you start playing again. He’s just unreal. Has something like 200 goals in 120 games for me and I don’t even force my game around him. He’s literally perfect

How is your team coming along mate?

It does affect players, just not as much as EA says it does. There’s a notable difference between chemistry styles, but players don’t get +15 pace just because they have a hunter or a shadow chemistry style. Aubameyang will always be faster than Aguero regardless of chemistry style.

I think chemistry styles affect goalkeepers the most. Though they don’t do what they say they do. For instance a keeper can have rubbish handling on glove, but way better handling on cat even though glove is supposed to increase handling and not cat. That’s why I’d advise everyone to test different styles on goalkeepers.
I've just never seen the point in them really, I'm not a big fan of them and don't use them unless I buy a player and he has one on already.

Check out FUTBIN you can judge how far a player has fallen and also see the effect and after effect of last years crash on players by checking out fut 17 part of it
https://www.futbin.com/
Thanks for that mate, I'll check it out now.

Care to post it? I am sitting on coins atm, playing with a cheap team. Picking up players early next week.
frarAyq.jpg

I've just never seen the point in them really, I'm not a big fan of them and don't use them unless I buy a player and he has one on already.
The point is obviously to adjust players to your liking. No point in giving a centre back better shooting or a striker better defending

There's people on this game that really make it a chore to play. The game isn't great as it is, but i just played two people in the qualifying tournament and they both went on park the bus from the kick off and let the CPU do the defending while they just sat back with one of their midfielders.

I mean, wtf? I'm sure the weekend league is basically made up of 90% of people exploiting the game in some way and basically making it a chore for you to play.

There's people on this game that really make it a chore to play. The game isn't great as it is, but i just played two people in the qualifying tournament and they both went on park the bus from the kick off and let the CPU do the defending while they just sat back with one of their midfielders.

I mean, wtf? I'm sure the weekend league is basically made up of 90% of people exploiting the game in some way and basically making it a chore for you to play.

That’s the thing with “grinding” games I suppose. It isn’t and won’t be about it been fun to do, it’s a chore in the end - and when grinding you do it the easiest way possible.
That’s what WL is, a major grind.

That’s the thing with “grinding” games I suppose. It isn’t and won’t be about it been fun to do, it’s a chore in the end - and when grinding you do it the easiest way possible.
That’s what WL is, a major grind.

Yeah, you ain't wrong.

At the end of the day, it's a video game and it's feels like a fecking job in its current incarnation! Kinda zapped the whole fun out of it.

Going to give it a break i think. Really not worth it.

Sold my entire team, and went for something built around IF Locadia (wanted to try him). Start in a 433 but switch to 41212 narrow in game

Lloris

IF Marcal lb
Varane cb
Umtiti cb
Valencia rb

Bakayoko cdm
Herrera cm
IF Fekir cm
IF Lozano cam

IF Locadia st
Scream Memphis st

Chucky Lozano at cam is like a cheat code for 20k, 94 pace and his dribbling is immense. 4/4 as well, one of the most fun cards I have used all year. Locadia is a tank as well, like a cheap Lukaku. Scream Memphis up front is really good as long as he is on his right foot.. left foot is only for standing on

Thats the WL and Div 1 and 2 in a nutshell.

Everyone ups there agression and pressure to 90 in custom tactics, ultra def, counter attack, control CDM and hold R1/RB.

Its a chore to play.

Yeah, you ain't wrong.

At the end of the day, it's a video game and it's feels like a fecking job in its current incarnation! Kinda zapped the whole fun out of it.

Going to give it a break i think. Really not worth it.
Yeah, there's really no enjoyment left in the game anymore.

The point is obviously to adjust players to your liking. No point in giving a centre back better shooting or a striker better defending
I understand that but it's not for me, probably why I'm awful at the game.

Thats the WL and Div 1 and 2 in a nutshell.

Everyone ups there agression and pressure to 90 in custom tactics, ultra def, counter attack, control CDM and hold R1/RB.

Its a chore to play.
What do they get out of playing like this? Surely it'd cause a massive gap between midfield and attack?

Online team controlling is meh to me. Not worth the bother. squad build however is good fun. Frustrating, but it has me playing the most FIFA I have done in a good few years. All I played the last 2 versions was Clubs and pro-ranked

I understand that but it's not for me, probably why I'm awful at the game.
Why not try it out? Requires very little coins, effort and knowledge.

Generally I find defenders to perform best on shadow, midfielders on engine and attackers on sniper.

I've done an SBC and it's all green and letting me submit but when I do press submit it comes up with an error message saying 'failed to submit squad'. Anyone seen this before?