Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Done the SBC for Argentina vs Brazil as it was cheap enough to do. Got sweet fanny all, may break even

Yeah upwards of about 450k. The really good ones go for multiple millions.

How do people get so many coins?!

I must be missing a trick. I just earn by trying to win games but it took me forever to save for say, Mane.

I sometimes quick sell rubbish packs but the players are unknown randoms so I don't think I'm missing big value there. Is buying packs worth it? Seemingly so on this thread but last year I got nothing from any packs and used to open loads!

I must be missing a trick. I just earn by trying to win games but it took me forever to save for say, Mane.

I sometimes quick sell rubbish packs but the players are unknown randoms so I don't think I'm missing big value there. Is buying packs worth it? Seemingly so on this thread but last year I got nothing from any packs and used to open loads!

I am a pretty experienced UT player. And I spend most of my time trading. It’s easier than ever making loads of coins.

Trading. I also just get coins from matches and it took me ages just to save for Zlatan. My mate puts in the effort trading and he's got a class team with icons galore: Larsson, Maldini, Crespo... If you can stand to put in the effort it's very lucrative.

I also see a lot of comments that people with Icon and IF teams have spent loads of real money on the game. Sure, some do. But most I know who play the game are just very experienced traders. And if you know how to trade (many options) coins is easy to make.

I am a pretty experienced UT player. And I spend most of my time trading. It’s easier than ever making loads of coins.

Trading. I also just get coins from matches and it took me ages just to save for Zlatan. My mate puts in the effort trading and he's got a class team with icons galore: Larsson, Maldini, Crespo... If you can stand to put in the effort it's very lucrative.

Can you expand on this trading concept? I feel I'm missing a trick here.. Sorry if it's obvious but I'm not sure how you can make so much money on it. If I have average players I just set their price higher than market and know that some sap will pay more? Or is there more of a science to it.

Can you expand on this trading concept? I feel I'm missing a trick here.. Sorry if it's obvious but I'm not sure how you can make so much money on it. If I have average players I just set their price higher than market and know that some sap will pay more? Or is there more of a science to it.
It can be a tedious process. You can snipe low and sell higher, price fix all of one player, or haul players for cheap and sell when they become part of a sbc. There's a few different ways to do it, and they'll all be online somewhere. I'm not that up on it but I know the basics, so there'll be an article that can go into more detail than I can.

It can be a tedious process. You can snipe low and sell higher, price fix all of one player, or haul players for cheap and sell when they become part of a sbc. There's a few different ways to do it, and they'll all be online somewhere. I'm not that up on it but I know the basics, so there'll be an article that can go into more detail than I can.

Wicked cheers mate.

There should be a Christmas FUT tournament! I remember a FIFA tournament 2 summers ago, was fun but not sure who organised it.

There are plenty of methods to trade. I am not going into detail on it here. But you can go on EAs forums and find multiple threads about it. Lurk around and see what others do.

Trading methods:

Nif Trading
IF trading
Consumable trading
Icon flipping
Bronze pack method
Investing in sbc (potm, prime icons, mom etc)

Obviously other methods also. There are plenty of ways to make big coins without paying real money. It’s a grind though, and it takes time. You are also 100% dependent on the companion app as some of the methods depend on listing as much as possible. Having a full TP is also important imo.

Personally I use nif and if trading, flipping Icons and investing in sbc.

The amount of leads I squander is a complete joke. I know if I’m 1 up in the last 5 minutes I’ll draw or lose. I just panic and lose any ounce of ability I’ve got.

Shall we have a go at a combined Redcafe pricefix? Just need to find a player that’ll retain or grow in demand.

The general consensus is that the MLS league SBC will be released soon. If we can pick a rare silver with limited alternatives we could give it a go.

Shall we have a go at a combined Redcafe pricefix? Just need to find a player that’ll retain or grow in demand.

The general consensus is that the MLS league SBC will be released soon. If we can pick a rare silver with limited alternatives we could give it a go.
Ones in bold are the ones I found rare when assembling the league.

23519314_873739472791349_2463723251229850871_n.jpg

But will they use that formation? Also easy to get 100 chem with 1 player out of position?
Yeah from doing the Turkish league SBC, it’s the ones with multiple expensive silvers where you’re forced to pay the stupid amounts. But defenders are the best bet.

Last edited:
Just did the new SBC and packed De Bruyne :drool: First decent pull this year.

Ones in bold are the ones I found rare when assembling the league.

23519314_873739472791349_2463723251229850871_n.jpg
Have you completed it? Did it last week. Should be two released next Friday. Has to be MLS this time:angel:
Just did the new SBC and packed De Bruyne :drool: First decent pull this year.
cnut:wenger: got mbappe at the start, still waiting on someone big

This thread seems to be decent for packing players recently

This game is aids. Needed a win to stay in the division after 2 consecutive disconnects left me without a win in 2. Go 2-0 up, disconnect.

Not only was I handed the loss and relegated, I didn't even get the coins for completing the season. Time for bed I think.

Best formation for Prem team? I want to have Eriksen, KDB and Gabriel Jesus in the team and possibly Son if possible but not sure how it'll fit.

This game is aids. Needed a win to stay in the division after 2 consecutive disconnects left me without a win in 2. Go 2-0 up, disconnect.

Not only was I handed the loss and relegated, I didn't even get the coins for completing the season. Time for bed I think.

I feel your pain, well on Squad Build. Ea served disconnects too frequently. I pray for the day there is an option to reconnect instead of instant return to Ultimate team page. I know for a fact it isn’t my internet.

Have you completed it? Did it last week. Should be two released next Friday. Has to be MLS this time:angel:
cnut:wenger: got mbappe at the start, still waiting on someone big

This thread seems to be decent for packing players recently
Yes I've done Eredivisie (traded in), got Saudi, MLS, Ligue 1 and Serie A ready and waiting. J-League and La Liga next, before the next release. I'm trying to do the Turkish one but it's price fixed as fk at the moment, I want Quaresma to go with Rui Costa.

445 k now. So close to Pogba, he's almost here! Is he that good guys?

What you on? Xbox or PS4? Got him for 420k on Xbox a few days ago. Just wondering if he is rising again.

He’s class. Play him right of my 3 man midfield. Have him getting into the box, free-roam, get forward - in player roles.

Strong out. Great shot in and around the box. Really enjoy playing with him. Complements Bakayoko and Herrera well who I have set doing the donkey work.

What you on? Xbox or PS4? Got him for 420k on Xbox a few days ago. Just wondering if he is rising again.

He’s class. Play him right of my 3 man midfield. Have him getting into the box, free-roam, get forward - in player roles.

Strong out. Great shot in and around the box. Really enjoy playing with him. Complements Bakayoko and Herrera well who I have set doing the donkey work.
PS4, I play 442 with 2 CDM's and will play him next to Fernandinho IF, will upgrade on Bakayoko with Pogba being more creative and having more goalscoring threat hopefully.

@100 you stocked up on any MLS people to profit from?
Other than for the SBC preparation not really. It's quite easy to make profit on their silvers though with open bids.

I was going to try and find the team with the lowest card weights then stock up on their defenders. It should be a sure thing if it does come out, it's just whether or not they release it. In terms of ideas;

Colorado have 1 RB
DC have 3 CBs - one of which is 56 bronze, and 1 LB
Dallas have 3 CBs - one silver, one gold, one bronze (Zimmerman has potential!)
Houston 1 RB
Galaxy have 2CBs - 1 non rare silver & 1 rare bronze
New England have 1 LB
NYC 3 cbs(already seem to be going up)
NYRB 1 LB
Salt Lake - 1 LB(already quite high)
San Jose - 1 LB(bronze)
Toronto - 1 RB

If anyone does decide on someone, PM it.

I have 15 Lamah (Dallas LM, only left sided) and some Barrios (Dallas RM, but there's a bronze)

Anyone notice any gameplay changes tonight? Feels way faster and smoother, my players reacting much quicker and making runs...

Other than for the SBC preparation not really. It's quite easy to make profit on their silvers though with open bids.

I was going to try and find the team with the lowest card weights then stock up on their defenders. It should be a sure thing if it does come out, it's just whether or not they release it. In terms of ideas;

Colorado have 1 RB
DC have 3 CBs - one of which is 56 bronze, and 1 LB
Dallas have 3 CBs - one silver, one gold, one bronze (Zimmerman has potential!)
Houston 1 RB
Galaxy have 2CBs - 1 non rare silver & 1 rare bronze
New England have 1 LB
NYC 3 cbs(already seem to be going up)
NYRB 1 LB
Salt Lake - 1 LB(already quite high)
San Jose - 1 LB(bronze)
Toronto - 1 RB

If anyone does decide on someone, PM it.

I have got about 16 kemps the lb someone mentioned earlier. Picking them up for about 500 a piece maximum.

I can see these daily knockouts are going to be frustrating. Cruised to the final then got annihilated by Aguero.

Edit: lost in the final again. I feel like jurgen klopp.

Last edited:
I can see these daily knockouts are going to be frustrating. Cruised to the final then got annihilated by Aguero.

Edit: lost in the final again. I feel like jurgen klopp.
Could be worse, you could be a moron like me.

Got to the final yesterday and being tired, thought I'd finish it off today. Came back and my progress was gone. Forgot it's called the "daily" knockout.

Could be worse, you could be a moron like me.

Got to the final yesterday and being tired, thought I'd finish it off today. Came back and my progress was gone. Forgot it's called the "daily" knockout.

They aren’t actually daily anymore like most of last year. They usually run Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday - Thursday.

Going into first WL. Any tips on what I will be up against, a style of play that may help boost my W column and so on? I have heard some negative things about the players faced in the WL, are they really that bad?

Going into first WL. Any tips on what I will be up against, a style of play that may help boost my W column and so on? I have heard some negative things about the players faced in the WL, are they really that bad?
Prepare for park the bus, counter attack and a healthy dose of aids.