Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Right having finally decided to upgrade from my Xbox 360 and FIFA 13, I bought FIFA 18 on the Xbox One and currently sit in Div 7, having only played it 2-3 days.

Only problem is, I've literally never played fut before, and have no idea what's the best way to make coins because just playing matches with the occasional division win isn't getting me enough.

Any suggestions for a starter?

I CANNOT defend against Jamie Vardy. I rage quit last night after someone scored 5 with him against me, first game this morning and someone’s scored a first half hattrick with him.

Edit: he scored again right after half time and I’ve quit again.

Right having finally decided to upgrade from my Xbox 360 and FIFA 13, I bought FIFA 18 on the Xbox One and currently sit in Div 7, having only played it 2-3 days.

Only problem is, I've literally never played fut before, and have no idea what's the best way to make coins because just playing matches with the occasional division win isn't getting me enough.

It'd be hard to resist the urge to spend a tenner and open some packs if I were in your shoes. You probably won't even be eligible for any of the coin boosts yet, seeing as you won't have any XP on a new console.

First time in the weekend league.

Played 5 won 4. Quite happy with that. If i can get to 10 wins i'd be happy! :lol:

It'd be hard to resist the urge to spend a tenner and open some packs if I were in your shoes. You probably won't even be eligible for any of the coin boosts yet, seeing as you won't have any XP on a new console.
Ah, I've been steadily using all the coins boosts as my XP luckily carried over from my 360. I was considering opening packs, but they largely seem to be a big waste of money.

Ah, I've been steadily using all the coins boosts as my XP luckily carried over from my 360. I was considering opening packs, but they largely seem to be a big waste of money.
Ok, ideal then. Unfortunately packs are a giant waste of time for the most part. The only other way is playing the market, but there'll be posters here better able to advise about that than i.

Ah man, losing connection to ea servers and getting automatic loss in squad build games is taking the piss

How do some people afford these teams!? Just played a full legend team with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Rio, Blanc et al. Lucky this kid didn’t know how to defend!

Got IF Traore of Lyon in a pack this morning. Was tempted to sell him straight off but given as he's hardly going for anything more than discard value I might keep on to him and try him out/eventually use him in a SBC.

How do some people afford these teams!? Just played a full legend team with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Rio, Blanc et al. Lucky this kid didn’t know how to defend!

They must literally spend thousands on packs

I used David Luiz on loan and I’m seeing why he’s so expensive. He defends different to anyone else on the game

Jumbo Premium Packs and Premium Packs are total garbage, never got anything from them when i did an SBC, played a draft or bought some with discarded coins.

I opened up around 10 Jumbo premium packs that i didnt open immediately at once, the best players i got was Enyama, Smolov, Allan and Digne. Thats why i never put in a cent into that game from my own pocket.

Last edited:
10-2. Lost 2 penalty shootouts. In this one he scored on a header in the 120th min by Antonio Valencia from outside the box. Why is the game scripted against me? Why isn’t it scripted against everyone else who do well? I mean, people end up with 40-0. Why EA!!!

Play squad battles, you'll get the same match coins but will be eligible for rewards at the end of the week. Pick a difficulty you can score 3+ goals against the AI on, and use your match coins to buy bronze packs. When there are SBCs that require bronze players these can sell for big money, and the pack fillers are usually useful things like player fitness and the occasional squad fitness card, so you can use your team still.

When you upgrade to start with, go for discard price golds (Liga NOS is always a good shout), use the cards for 7 games that they have on them, discard them for a tiny loss then buy them again at dicard price.

Getting a decent rank in SB (say gold 3 or up) will net you at least 25k in total, and if you can win the DKT and play weekend league, gold 3 (18 wins) will get you 30k, a players pack and 2 mega packs. Within a month you can build a sweaty PL team the way prices are dropping and go from there

Jumbo Premium Packs and Premium Packs are total garbage, never got anything from them when i did an SBC, played a draft or bought some with discarded coins.

I opened up around 10 Jumbo premium packs that i didnt open immediately at once, the best players i got was Enyama, Smolov, Allan and Digne. Thats why i never put in a cent into that game from my own pocket.
They're basically a scam for the price. Pulling stadiums and contracts as 'rares' is a complete piss take, the fact you can open those packs and not get a single rare player:wenger:

Saying that I just pulled a Lloris from one, probably my only good card from one in this game, all the others have come from SBC packs.

They're basically a scam for the price. Pulling stadiums and contracts as 'rares' is a complete piss take, the fact you can open those packs and not get a single rare player:wenger:

Saying that I just pulled a Lloris from one, probably my only good card from one in this game, all the others have come from SBC packs.

But this is EA, and for even more banter, they decided to turn a lot more stadiums gold to fill out the packs. Same with staff, over the last week a lot of silver stadiums and managers have turned gold.

It's also a joke that Brazilian league manager changes are still available even though there isn't any Brazilian league players anymore :lol:

Joke they are, I spent 90k on 2 of those 45k packs last night and I got fecking Taison and a bunch of shite. I wouldn't mind but right before I did it I said I'm not going wasting my money, I'll hold on, get my SB rewards and buy a couple of good players for my first team and demote Antonio and Alonso to the bench, but no yet again as a 36 year old man I should know better but curiosty got the better of me. I've not got about 90 players who'll never play but I refuse to sell because I'll only get about 600 each for them.

I swear I'll never learn, also played 2 teams on legendary both 100 chem and 82 or so rated, beat them 3-0 and 3-1. Happy days, refresh my games... first game 80 rated squad with 50 chemistry, play on world class as I was comfortable in elite 2. 18 shots, Jesus missing sitters, 85th minute Antonio heads against the bar, rebound drops to Gundogan who hits the post, rebound drops to jesus who skies one from 6 yards despite 1/4 power on the power bar. Opp take goal kick, 2 passes later, cross into the box 1-0 and a defeat. Furious.

I have Jesus up top. Should I buy Aguero, Lukaku or Ibra? Selling IF Mertens means I have the funds.

Play squad battles, you'll get the same match coins but will be eligible for rewards at the end of the week. Pick a difficulty you can score 3+ goals against the AI on, and use your match coins to buy bronze packs. When there are SBCs that require bronze players these can sell for big money, and the pack fillers are usually useful things like player fitness and the occasional squad fitness card, so you can use your team still.

When you upgrade to start with, go for discard price golds (Liga NOS is always a good shout), use the cards for 7 games that they have on them, discard them for a tiny loss then buy them again at dicard price.

Getting a decent rank in SB (say gold 3 or up) will net you at least 25k in total, and if you can win the DKT and play weekend league, gold 3 (18 wins) will get you 30k, a players pack and 2 mega packs. Within a month you can build a sweaty PL team the way prices are dropping and go from there
Though I've managed to build a sweaty PL team that works great for me, thanks for the other advice. Is Gold 3 the lowest possible rank for WL?

Though I've managed to build a sweaty PL team that works great for me, thanks for the other advice. Is Gold 3 the lowest possible rank for WL?

Nah, bronze 3 is. But gold 3 is a realistic aim for most people who can qualify for WL, and gets you auto qualification for the following weeks event along with a decent coin and pack reward.

I’ve not had anything apart from discard from my weekly packs. My mate opened his on Monday and pulled Crespo. Swear I wanted to kill the prick!

Decided to get that christensen SBC guy for around 13-14k total. Not bad at all for the player you get, seems very good. Haven't played the last couple of weeks and probably won't play til after the POTM SBC next week (since I invested around 1.5mil in investments and a lot dropped in price the past week so I don't wanna lose 200k for no reason). Also they'll all probably shoot up once it comes out. Hoping that some sort of patch comes out in the meantime though, the game just wasn't fun at all the last few weeks since the last patch. Bring it back to how it was on release, even if it means having shitty goalkeepers on distance shots.

Decided to get that christensen SBC guy for around 13-14k total. Not bad at all for the player you get, seems very good. Haven't played the last couple of weeks and probably won't play til after the POTM SBC next week (since I invested around 1.5mil in investments and a lot dropped in price the past week so I don't wanna lose 200k for no reason). Also they'll all probably shoot up once it comes out. Hoping that some sort of patch comes out in the meantime though, the game just wasn't fun at all the last few weeks since the last patch. Bring it back to how it was on release, even if it means having shitty goalkeepers on distance shots.

Any idea roughly when the SBC will drop.
I'm one player away from completing the team I want and I can't afford him until I get rid of my players I've bought for the SBC, but I am getting impatient :lol:
(Haven't got a team at all so can't play)

I'm one player away from completing the team I want and I can't afford him until I get rid of my players I've bought for the SBC, but I am getting impatient :lol:
POTM will be announced November 17th. I'm guessing the SBC will be out pretty much at the same time.

Next Friday... definitely hold on. Or make a cheap team if you want to play but dont throw away all your investments now :p

Lukaku no, definitely not :lol:
Ibra I wasn't a big fan of either to be honest, but a few on here like him.
I've just bought Aguero but won't have time to use him until next week sometime

Why not Lukaku?

I've got Costa partnered up top with Jesus at the moment, and he is good but I just feel there's a room for improvement.

IF St Salah down to 230k. He’d be a big upgrade on Rashford for my left CAM position in the 4231, anyone tried him? Base stats look brilliant but total stats look dull.

Any CAM alternatives to my Alli/Ozil in Prem? Even if it's position card on a striker/midfielder to make them into one?

Seen a few playing Rashford in CAM.

I'm gold 2 on squad battles, but i can't be arsed playing any more. I've got 18,323 points but the minimum for that rank is 17,982. Is that going to rise again, and will I drop down to gold 3?