Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

What's the Black Friday crash everyone is talking about?
EA Release loads of promo packs during black friday week which results in the market suffering a crash and all players falling in price.

Smalling and Van Dijk for me. Absolute brick walls, who win everything in the air. The amount of goals they score from corners is insane too, 3 in one game yesterday. Smalling, Van Dijk, Fellaini, Matic and Carroll, all 6 foot 4 plus...it's gonna land at one of them. I also find it much easier to retain possession seeing as they win every header. They're never out of position either, and stay back where you want them. If coins are an issue, Winston Reid is almost as good.

Cheers for the rely, will try out VVD. What Chem style do you use on them by the way?

Also what time do the weekend league rewards become available, this evening?

Cheers for the rely, will try out VVD. What Chem style do you use on them by the way?

Also what time do the weekend league rewards become available, this evening?
Usually use Anchor on both centre backs. Haven't tried any others mind.

Tried legacy defending last night to see if it is indeed easier as some say. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but my defenders just don’t tackle strong enough at all! Switched back to tactical mid game as I felt I was in more control.

Tried legacy defending last night to see if it is indeed easier as some say. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but my defenders just don’t tackle strong enough at all! Switched back to tactical mid game as I felt I was in more control.

Anyone using Legacy defending should just stick Fifa 16 in and crack on. Probably play with PES controls too. :rolleyes:

My new team
sj6l6sg.jpg
Which I change to this when the games start
6hYSy3k.jpg
Tried the team above for 18 games and it didn't work out at all. 4-2-3-1 really disappointed me. It's probably a good formation and it must be said that it's probably the best formation defensively I've tried so far, but I just didn't create nearly as many chances as I do with the 4-3-2-1. So I made some alterations to my team and I'm now using this:

V2G8lRz.png
It has worked wonders so far. I've tried it out for a few games and won every game comfortably in div 1. As some of you may recall I have praised Perin a lot before, saying he's as good as De Gea, and then he suddenly got rubbish for me in the end of my last 4-3-2-1 spell. Gave him a second chance now since IF Handanovic was awful and played him for a while with the cat chemistry style. He was better but not anything special. Put a wall chemistry style on him not long ago and he's back to the level he was for me before. What a fecking goalkeeper he is. Having someone between the posts you can trust actually affects how you defend. That defense plus him (and Ronaldo) makes me feel invincible at the moment, can't wait for the weekend.

TL;DR:
1. Buy Perin. If he doesn't fit in your team then change it
2. Put a wall chemistry style on him
3. ???
4. Profit

Tried the team above for 18 games and it didn't work out at all. 4-2-3-1 really disappointed me. It's probably a good formation and it must be said that it's probably the best formation defensively I've tried so far, but I just didn't create nearly as many chances as I do with the 4-3-2-1. So I made some alterations to my team and I'm now using this:

V2G8lRz.png
It has worked wonders so far. I've tried it out for a few games and won every game comfortably in div 1. As some of you may recall I have praised Perin a lot before, saying he's as good as De Gea, and then he suddenly got rubbish for me in the end of my last 4-3-2-1 spell. Gave him a second chance now since IF Handanovic was awful and played him for a while with the cat chemistry style. He was better but not anything special. Put a wall chemistry style on him not long ago and he's back to the level he was for me before. What a fecking goalkeeper he is. Having someone between the posts you can trust actually affects how you defend. That defense plus him (and Ronaldo) makes me feel invincible at the moment, can't wait for the weekend.

TL;DR:
1. Buy Perin. If he doesn't fit in your team then change it
2. Put a wall chemistry style on him
3. ???
4. Profit

Well done writing such a long post with your finger glued to the L1 button

Shite packs.

How Perrin is a walkout I’ll will never know. Man is rated 60 is almost every department.

:lol: Worth the grind aye?

It is when monthly’s come.

I don’t mind it because you can’t really find good players any other way. As long as you break the games into batch’s of 10-15 it’s grand.

What is it people do with their teams when they pause before the game starts? Does my head in.

So once the game has actually kicked off chem becomes irrelevant?

Yeah. I have random top players on my bench to bring on late in the game. Others do it straight away as the Chen doesn’t matter. As long as their in the right position any sub will have around 7 chem

Meh. Elite 3 and packed Thauvin IF. My brother Gold 1 and packed Puyol 90. The first time i open a pack for him, and i pull Puyol for him and get not much for me as usual.

The banners thing is the biggest load of bullshit. Purely psychological too trying to get you to buy more and more packs.

BOOM! Fireworks! Umtiti...Eat shit.

Ao when does the event start tomorrow? Anybody know when the promos or something new will be out?

Completed the Schmeichel SBC. It's my first top keeper and it already feels like cheating - there's just so many shots that you'd concede with other keepers, it feels wrong:confused:. I think there's going to be loads of him too, him and Rui Costa seem to be the easier Icon SBCs.
Now I'm going back and forth on whether to do it :lol: have about 950k and it'll cost me about 370k, as I don't have many useful untradeables. It's a tough decision. Expensive goalkeepers usually aren't value for money, but it's literally thr GK position set for the rest of the year if I complete it. I take it you'd advise me to risk it?

Finally bought Jesus, let’s hope he lives up to the hype!

He’s very good. Have him with Hunter chemistry and he just serves me so well.

Love a counter and he runs in behind, with IF Young slotting in a through ball - sometimes too easy

Now I'm going back and forth on whether to do it :lol: have about 950k and it'll cost me about 370k, as I don't have many useful untradeables. It's a tough decision. Expensive goalkeepers usually aren't value for money, but it's literally thr GK position set for the rest of the year if I complete it. I take it you'd advise me to risk it?
Have you done it? I probably wouldn’t do it if I could go back. I think Rui Costa is the same price. I did it with scream cards so it was a bit cheaper.

Have you done it? I probably wouldn’t do it if I could go back. I think Rui Costa is the same price. I did it with scream cards so it was a bit cheaper.
No, I haven't made the decision yet. It's a big investment. Do you not think it's worth the coins in hindsight?

No, I haven't made the decision yet. It's a big investment. Do you not think it's worth the coins in hindsight?
Perin is better and he costs less than 1k. Spending more than 1/3 of what you have on one player is mental (unless it’s Ronaldo), let alone on a goalkeeper!

Edit: watch this

Last edited: