Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Just wondering about players playing out of position. I was looking specifically as Dries Mertens who is a CF but I'm looking at getting him down the line as a LW/RW. His card is a CF and there's no way of converting a central player to a wide one. According to FUT head his in game rating is the same as a LW/RW as it is when playing CF. Is there any way of knowing if this is the case?

Just wondering about players playing out of position. I was looking specifically as Dries Mertens who is a CF but I'm looking at getting him down the line as a LW/RW. His card is a CF and there's no way of converting a central player to a wide one. According to FUT head his in game rating is the same as a LW/RW as it is when playing CF. Is there any way of knowing if this is the case?

Use insigne, he’s better than him down the line and even as a striker. 100,000 coins less too.

I'm just lucky I got the SBC bug last week and started on Eredivisie first. Usually one a month I think? Took about three hours and cost less than 80k, now I know how it works I'll buy a load of silver rare fullbacks from MLS, they're discard now but 10x that if/when the league is released.

Also Black Friday soon: get rid of all cards > 5k as everyone will be half the price soon.
Great shout. I might do the same.

How come prices crash Black Friday?

I don't think so. I just tried out IF Handanovic since I have an untradable version of him. He's got 89 reflexes but he's genuinely rubbish. For some reason GK stats are very misleading. It was like that last year too when Butland outperformed nearly every goalkeeper in the game.
Height.

Just started a new team on this, first year since probably FIFA 14 so new account and all. I thought I'd get more than a wee starter pack, that's a bit scabby.

Done the cheaper SBC, hybrid nations. Got nothing out of the packs really. Cost me 30ish to do, I’ll make that back though by the looks of it. Good experience anyway, might try the other similar one tomorrow

Done the cheaper SBC, hybrid nations. Got nothing out of the packs really. Cost me 30ish to do, I’ll make that back though by the looks of it. Good experience anyway, might try the other similar one tomorrow
The advanced SBC's are worth doing but its a risk some people get pogba and martial some get shit

Is there anyone getting anything good from squad battles packs so far ? They have all been crap for me. The only thing I benefit from this mode is the coins I get. I'm getting tired of playing this mood with these shite packs tbh.

Nope. Perin is relatively small but one of the best GKs this year. Vitor Baia was also one of the best GKs last year and he was only 6 feet / 184cm tall.
Maybe, not really tested. I just remember when the massive City Romanian was incredible.

Keepers are shit anyway, save your cash.

Is there anyone getting anything good from squad battles packs so far ? They have all been crap for me. The only thing I benefit from this mode is the coins I get. I'm getting tired of playing this mood with these shite packs tbh.

I know people say it’s RNG but packs are segmented imo. Squad battles, offline draft, and bought packs I think are always nerfed. On the other hand I always get half decent draws from WL rewards. Obviously a 100k or full player pack is more likely to have a better pull that a jumbo gold or what have you but it seems some are just all but always shite.

I think IF Otamendi is the best iv got, the best packs are the untradeable gold upgrade sbc

@Eddy_JukeZ whats the verdict on the patch?

This is the first Fifa in like last 12 years I stopped playing after the first month. Usually it was in May or June. The game just seems boring. None of the guys I play clubs with want to play it too as the gameplay is just dull.

I don't have time to play weekend league and I can't be arsed sitting there playing through 40 games. Have better things to do especially on weekends. Squad battles or offline doesn't interest me. They need to beef up the rewards in division 1 or bring back the tournaments.

I had a decent record in UT of something like 60-20-20 but since yesterday ive lost all the seasons games ive played and got from division 2 straight to 4. Dunno what happened. The misterious ways of EA's Fifa games. I hate my current dip of form :(

I'm just lucky I got the SBC bug last week and started on Eredivisie first. Usually one a month I think? Took about three hours and cost less than 80k, now I know how it works I'll buy a load of silver rare fullbacks from MLS, they're discard now but 10x that if/when the league is released.

Also Black Friday soon: get rid of all cards > 5k as everyone will be half the price soon.
A good one for the MLS would be DC uniteds left back they only have 1

Well my transfer list is filled with the max 100 and my targets page is also filled with all 50 it can, all of the same player.
I wonder if this investment works out at all :lol:

Looking to potentially double my money if it works, if not I can quick sell them all for a loss of around 3k

Why specifically fullbacks exactly? Why not buy MLS silver players of all positions?
I dont really know.

Well my transfer list is filled with the max 100 and my targets page is also filled with all 50 it can, all of the same player.
I wonder if this investment works out at all :lol:

Looking to potentially double my money if it works, if not I can quick sell them all for a loss of around 3k
What sort of players are ya investing in?

Zappacosta. Easily buy him for 650 a card. Wouldn't pay more than that though.
If De Bruyne wins POTM, one of the requirements might just be a team that he's played for, so Chelsea is an option.
If it is, great, May be able to sell his card for 1.5k, if not I can just quick sell them all for a minimal loss.

Zappacosta. Easily buy him for 650 a card. Wouldn't pay more than that though.
If De Bruyne wins POTM, one of the requirements might just be a team that he's played for, so Chelsea is an option.
If it is, great, May be able to sell his card for 1.5k, if not I can just quick sell them all for a minimal loss.
Ah, smart. Discard investments are the way to go.

TOTM Aaron Mooy is insane at CDM. I’m up to division 3 on seasons and although Ibra has been class, Mooy has easily been my best player.

@Eddy_JukeZ whats the verdict on the patch?

This is the first Fifa in like last 12 years I stopped playing after the first month. Usually it was in May or June. The game just seems boring. None of the guys I play clubs with want to play it too as the gameplay is just dull.

I don't have time to play weekend league and I can't be arsed sitting there playing through 40 games. Have better things to do especially on weekends. Squad battles or offline doesn't interest me. They need to beef up the rewards in division 1 or bring back the tournaments.

It's made the game slightly better(slightly harder to ping-pong), but this is the worst gameplay FIFA I've played in years.

A lot of issues with this game.

It's actually crazy how much they killed the game. There were problems with the game on initial release, problems they needed to fix of course, but they it was at least fun to play and felt fresh with it being different and unpredictable. It just feels shit now.

It's actually crazy how much they killed the game. There were problems with the game on initial release, problems they needed to fix of course, but they it was at least fun to play and felt fresh with it being different and unpredictable. It just feels shit now.
Its boring and the refs are worse than atkinson, iv given away a few penalties by being kicked, also the refs colour clash all the time

Its boring and the refs are worse than atkinson, iv given away a few penalties by being kicked, also the refs colour clash all the time
Refs are awful this year. They weren't broken, so why fix them? They're so inconsistent, they'll let obvious pullbacks and collisions go, then as you say give a weird penalty for nothing.

The FUTBIN club import is so good. Without it I wouldn't have known I was sitting on a few bronze and silver players worth 1.5-3k.

I find the refs extremely harsh when giving fouls, but extremely lenient when it come to brandishing cards.

The amount of times someone has gone through the back of me, or took me out as last man and the ref hasn't even giving a yellow is fecking ridiculous.

Yeah I really hate refs in this game. They often give penalties for nothing while overlooking clear penalties. I’ve had so many penalties against me where I didn’t attempt a tackle and the opponent ran into me.