Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

The unfortunate thing here is I've just helped a City supporter :(
You're welcome!

Lol, I'm selling the fifa coins and donating the profit straight to the Sheik.
Selling everyone in my squad who is making me over 2k profit and not in my team and you're likely to make me over 40k from Silver and Bronze players as I'll never be doing SBC's again.

One more thing is the calculator for chemistry styles correct, mine says my Kyle Walker with Shadow Chemistry style is 99 speed, acceleration, standing tackle. 98 sliding tackle, 94 marking. Surely thats pretty much as good as any fullback in the game? His only defensive stat below 88 is his heading accuracy and strength at 84 and 77.

One more thing is the calculator for chemistry styles correct, mine says my Kyle Walker with Shadow Chemistry style is 99 speed, acceleration, standing tackle. 98 sliding tackle, 94 marking. Surely thats pretty much as good as any fullback in the game? His only defensive stat below 88 is his heading accuracy and strength at 84 and 77.
No way it can be accurate IMO, far too generous with pace etc.

I still use it, as it represents what gets boosted pretty well, but no way it’s to the extent it shows.

I think Kyle walker is one of the best Fullbacks regardless, a lot of the top players seem to use him in a squad full of legends,

Should I get Diego Costa for my Premier League team ? I was wondering as he's still a Chelsea player in the game while he officially joined Atletico Madrid. Will they change him later to an Atletico player so it's not worth the money ?

Should I get Diego Costa for my Premier League team ? I was wondering as he's still a Chelsea player in the game while he officially joined Atletico Madrid. Will they change him later to an Atletico player so it's not worth the money ?
They’ll make a new card of him as an Atletico player. The current chelsea cards of him will remain the same

5-2-0 in division 2. Need 1 point for promotion, 4 for the title.....

Guess who bottled it

I probably should have stopped playing earlier than i did. Went through d3 and then d2, so thats like 15 games or something in a row. By the last game i was mentally drained and playing very sloppy defence, trying to tackle everyone and leaving massive gaps all over the place

Went and did the draft as I was bored with my team, chose a 4-2-2-2 which I've not tried before because it was ridiculed on FIFA 17. One of my most impressive draft wins. Earned two mega backs (best I got was Herrera which to be fair I wanted). Tempted to try out the formation for seasons now with a team almost similar to the one I won with.

I destroyed division 10-4 with only 3-4 draws on my record with the rest wins.

I've hit division 3 now and despite only spending a season and a half here, I'm struggling. The jump in quality is massive in my eyes. I just can't get the consistency to get promoted.

So my new team for now is:

Ruffier
Aurier Perrin Varane Hernandez

Matic Herrera
Alli__________Asensio
Jesus Costa​

Ideally replace Costa with Zlatan or Lukaku when I get the coinage. Maybe De Bryune for Alli too but that'll take yonks to earn.

Went for Ruffier as I played against him in the draft and he was an absolute machine for two matches. One game I had 29 shots, 21 on target but only scored 6 goals. The man was a beast.

If anyone needs a good left back IF marcal from Lyon is brilliant and <20k. Has 89 crossing and slots into hybrids easily. He’s basically Alex Sandro but not >100,000 coins.

Currently sitting on 200k after packing Kyle walker from a SBC than cost me peanuts. Think I’ll go all out for elite 1 on squad battles and after some pack luck have about 300,000 before the crash, hope legends take a little bit of a hit as I only really want one.

Zappacosta. Easily buy him for 650 a card. Wouldn't pay more than that though.
If De Bruyne wins POTM, one of the requirements might just be a team that he's played for, so Chelsea is an option.
If it is, great, May be able to sell his card for 1.5k, if not I can just quick sell them all for a minimal loss.
I bought around 20 of them and sold most of them for 1.5k could probably go higher than that

Literally everyone in division 3 has a miles better team than me, usually full of icons and TOTW’s. I don’t stand a chance.

This guy here has Overmars, Rui Costa, Peter Schmeichel, TOTW Kane and Mustafi, Luis Suarez. I mean wtf

Just played a few normal online seasons games for the first time in a while. Tragic how much better the gameplay is. So frustrating.

Just played a few normal online seasons games for the first time in a while. Tragic how much better the gameplay is. So frustrating.

Just stay away from online ultimate team. Fifas a great game when you do that. Squad battles are just as addictive as playing the computer on iss2. This game comes to life against your mates or anything not ultimate team versus another human related

Just stay away from online ultimate team. Fifas a great game when you do that. Squad battles are just as addictive as playing the computer on iss2. This game comes to life against your mates or anything not ultimate team versus another human related
Yeah Im doing that at the moment, online UT is just awful, But it still doesn't compare playing against another person. For one, it's almost impossible to do any skill moves / dribbling as the ai has near perfect defending against it even with shit bronze players, so you basically play the same way each time to get the result. I would love it if they could nerf the AI defending to make it easier to create chances / score more varied goals.

Did the SBC for loan Luis Hernandez, scored 3 and set up 2 in his first game :drool: it felt like cheating.

Felt like I was slamming my head against a wall playing the DKT today. Decided I'd give it one final go and either win or sell my team and take a break from FIFA until after the Black Friday crash. Waltzed to the final and ended up smacking my opponent back to FIFA 96 with an 8-0 rage quit.

I guess I'm playing the bloody weekend league now...

Went and did the draft as I was bored with my team, chose a 4-2-2-2 which I've not tried before because it was ridiculed on FIFA 17. One of my most impressive draft wins. Earned two mega backs (best I got was Herrera which to be fair I wanted). Tempted to try out the formation for seasons now with a team almost similar to the one I won with.

Went and did draft again, 4-2-2-2 was an option so went for it again. Won the draft. Prize was two gold packs and 2 prime gold players packs. Naturally the gold packs were shit, and the first prime gold players pack was garbage.

But the second pack....SECOND IN FORM MERTENS rated 88. Worth 500,000. I knew I shouldn't have gone straight to bed after my night shift :lol:

Torn between selling him and actually trying to muster a PL/Serie A hybrid now just so I can use Mertens and Jesus up top :drool:

Went and did draft again, 4-2-2-2 was an option so went for it again. Won the draft. Prize was two gold packs and 2 prime gold players packs. Naturally the gold packs were shit, and the first prime gold players pack was garbage.

But the second pack....SECOND IN FORM MERTENS rated 88. Worth 500,000. I knew I shouldn't have gone straight to bed after my night shift :lol:

Torn between selling him and actually trying to muster a PL/Serie A hybrid now just so I can use Mertens and Jesus up top :drool:

Sell him now it you want the 475000 coins after tax. His price is going to drop and stay down for a while.

Anyone seen Neps video yesterday on how to maximise points per game on SB? Basically use legacy defending (feels like cheating but oh well), score 5 goals, get 10 shots on target and get 10 corners, then keep posession til you finish on minimum 60%. I tried it for one game earlier and got over 2,800 on legendary. If i can muster that up through the week (feck weekend league and SB over the weekend) it would net me about 58,000 points from monday-friday which i'd hope is enough for E3/2 come rewards time

Anyone seen Neps video yesterday on how to maximise points per game on SB? Basically use legacy defending (feels like cheating but oh well), score 5 goals, get 10 shots on target and get 10 corners, then keep posession til you finish on minimum 60%. I tried it for one game earlier and got over 2,800 on legendary. If i can muster that up through the week (feck weekend league and SB over the weekend) it would net me about 58,000 points from monday-friday which i'd hope is enough for E3/2 come rewards time
That sounds extremely boring to do for 40 games

Edit: what’s the point in doing all that if you’re going to skip it during the weekend? Why not play normally which must be a lot more fun and maybe play one or two games in the weekend to compensate for not doing that thing.

Last edited:
I’d love to be able to score 5 against legendary an ultimate!

You bastard

Edit: what’s the point in doing all that if you’re going to skip it during the weekend? Why not play normally which must be a lot more fun and maybe play one or two games in the weekend to compensate for not doing that thing.

Seconded. Christ, what a way to live.

My normal playstyle doesnt always win against the AI, and with the limited time i get a day to play fifa (work in hospitality and have a family) i'd rather maximise my earnings by playing cheap in SB than playing normally, and then use my free time at weekends to play as many WL games as possible (I still havent played all 40 in a weekend yet)

not sure when to pull the trigger and get Kante, going for 180k now. everyone is dropping thousands at the moment

Sell him now it you want the 475000 coins after tax. His price is going to drop and stay down for a while.

Listened to your advice, he was untouched until the last minute and then there was a fierce auction. Someone ended up buying him straight off at 510,000.
Suddenly, I can invest in my 4-2-2-2 team that I left above.

What suggestions do you guys have for the 4222 team that I left above - with this new coinage, what is the best way to improve it?

Just thinking whether I'll go for an Icon. Never had one on my Ultimate team before in previous FIFAs.

Ruffier
Aurier Perrin Varane Hernandez

Matic Herrera
Alli__________Asensio
Jesus Costa​

What is the general consensus on the best PL CBs? Currently been rocking Bailly and Rudiger for a while.

Looking at Azpil but worried that he’s too small? Luiz? Toby A?

What is the general consensus on the best PL CBs? Currently been rocking Bailly and Rudiger for a while.

I have Azpilicueta, his height doesnt matter too much as most people dont cross the ball, and his speed and strength is usually enough to deal with anyone pacy

Smalling and Van Dijk for me. Absolute brick walls, who win everything in the air. The amount of goals they score from corners is insane too, 3 in one game yesterday. Smalling, Van Dijk, Fellaini, Matic and Carroll, all 6 foot 4 plus...it's gonna land at one of them. I also find it much easier to retain possession seeing as they win every header. They're never out of position either, and stay back where you want them. If coins are an issue, Winston Reid is almost as good.

Da feck? I thought games carry over from day before midweek? Didn’t play any yesterday as I couldn’t with my new xbox updating :mad: