Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

What does the red signify on the card? Seen them about recently.
Weekend League monthly rewards. You get a pack of untradeable red cards. They're basically untradeable versions of the TOTW players.

Gold 2 again. Gameplay in the weekend league is no longer enjoyable due to how much I've played. Same goals, same matches. Basically a grind for 45k and 3 packs.

I think I'll try and play on a sunday night if I do play again because everybody quits at 2-0.

Completed Eredivisie SBC, so pleased I bought them last week for discard, the overbought players are selling for 4k. Already prepared Saudi, MLS and Ligue 1.

Also competed the Rui Costa Icon SBC.

Still shit.

I’ll never have the patience to save up that amount of coins, and hold players, just to do the SBC.

I'm just lucky I got the SBC bug last week and started on Eredivisie first. Usually one a month I think? Took about three hours and cost less than 80k, now I know how it works I'll buy a load of silver rare fullbacks from MLS, they're discard now but 10x that if/when the league is released.

Also Black Friday soon: get rid of all cards > 5k as everyone will be half the price soon.

I'm just lucky I got the SBC bug last week and started on Eredivisie first. Usually one a month I think? Took about three hours and cost less than 80k, now I know how it works I'll buy a load of silver rare fullbacks from MLS, they're discard now but 10x that if/when the league is released.

Also Black Friday soon: get rid of all cards > 5k as everyone will be half the price soon.
Cheers for the info, think I'll sell my team now then. Do you think players like Pogba will drop in price?

My team is fairly set for now. It will get me through a few world class encounters anyway. Only improvements for my style are very high prices currently anyway, so will save coins and see how it goes Black Friday. Shadow chem is unreal for the wingbacks, Hunter chem class for my strikers. Kasper I find is a very good keeper with glove chem too, if only he held balls more, but in general they get pushed to safety anyway

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=cuIPP1rsDlQ:FFA18XBO

They won’t be half price they never drop that much

Targeting Pogba as well. Buy de Bruyne when you sold your team, and sell him when he becomes needed for POTM sbc's which he will certainly be voted. Use that money to buy Pogba when/if his price decreases.
When are POTY packs out? I'm about 50k short of a De Bruyne but that's a good shout.

Sane probably deserves potm over de bruyne. 3 goals and 3 assists compared to just 3 assists in october, with Sane being thw most productive player in the league. Yesterdays game has no impact.

So I'm switching to one team and fitness items instead of 2. I've got 53k to upgrade this team any recommendations.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=2GfgkFF5nNe4g:FFA18PS4

I'm thinking Bender will have to go at some stage to be used in an SBC when he's boosted so more then likely I'll be leaving replacing CDM for the long term.
Idrissa Gueye from Everton seems to get rave reviews. That’s about it for me as don’t use a PL team at all.

So I'm switching to one team and fitness items instead of 2. I've got 53k to upgrade this team any recommendations.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=2GfgkFF5nNe4g:FFA18PS4

I'm thinking Bender will have to go at some stage to be used in an SBC when he's boosted so more then likely I'll be leaving replacing CDM for the long term.
Either Bakayoko or Herrera. I play 4-3-2-1 and have Mkhitaryan in CM, very nippy to track back and great when on the counter.

No idea but I am sure de Bruyne will be needed himself.
Doubt it tbh, they did that with Mane for August. More likely would be like an 86 rated squad, a squad with a few belgian in forms or man city in forms (fellaini/batshuayi only premier league belgian IFs, City have a bunch of IFs), and then previous team or teams scored against for cheaper ones. De Bruyne is already 300k, this would double him probably.

Doubt it tbh, they did that with Mane for August. More likely would be like an 86 rated squad, a squad with a few belgian in forms or man city in forms (fellaini/batshuayi only premier league belgian IFs, City have a bunch of IFs), and then previous team or teams scored against for cheaper ones. De Bruyne is already 300k, this would double him probably.
do scream cards count as TOTW

Another silly question from me but whats better to do with my money, SBC's, single player drafts or gold packs as I'm kind of bored, looking at the SBC's and they costs seem mental in relation to the rewards, for example the championship team one for an 83 defender, the Villa team alone costs about 32k... and there are 24 to do.

Another silly question from me but whats better to do with my money, SBC's, single player drafts or gold packs as I'm kind of bored, looking at the SBC's and they costs seem mental in relation to the rewards, for example the championship team one for an 83 defender, the Villa team alone costs about 32k... and there are 24 to do.

The only SBC worth doing is the gold upgrade, which you can repeat. The players you get are untradable but usually better than anything you’d nornmally get.

I hope one day someone cracks the pack algorithm and comes up with a glitch that before they fix it everyone has the best players. The chances are so small, yet they literally make millions and millions every week from people desperate to believe their luck is changing.

I've gone all in on this months potm pretty much. Have like 1.2mil in investments. Bunch of bernardo silva's, david silva's, if otamendi's, 1 de bruyne, a few Sane's, a few if Fellaini's, if Batshuayi's, IF Mustafi, a few other german IFs, 4 gundogan's. Covering both De Bruyne/Sane just in case, especially since a few of them can work for both (bernardo/david silva, otamendi, sane, premier league IF's, gundogan). Also the others have been at a similar price for a while so I don't think I'll lose too much on them? Hoping to get a few hundred thousand from it though.

Pretty sure De Bruyne will win it, i am fecked if he doesnt. Have sold my whole team and bought some City, PL, Belgium players and some high rated relative cheap players IF and NIF only to do the SBC. Waiting for the end of the week to get it announced and start doing it.

anyone else feel like expensive centre backs/goalkeeper just arent worth it? I have 150k spare and no obvious upgrades until i have enough for de bruyne, Back four is:

IF Marcal Marquinhos Koscielny Bellerin

Costil

I could get Bailly and Thiago Silva there but thats 110k gone.

There cant be a better premier league striker than 7 chem Martial. You dont notice a difference in him at all from when hes at LF, still fast strong and doesnt miss.

There cant be a better premier league striker than 7 chem Martial. You dont notice a difference in him at all from when hes at LF, still fast strong and doesnt miss.

If it works, get Buffon, Bonucci and Barzagli, then replace Barzagli with Chiellini when possible.
All 3 CB's have low attack work rates. For me they where excellent. Always stayed back, defended well and won everything in the air

anyone else feel like expensive centre backs/goalkeeper just arent worth it? I have 150k spare and no obvious upgrades until i have enough for de bruyne, Back four is:

IF Marcal Marquinhos Koscielny Bellerin

Costil

I could get Bailly and Thiago Silva there but thats 110k gone.

Depends. Many expensive goalkeepers are worse than cheap ones. For instance prime Schmeichel is worse than Perin. Though De Gea is definitely worth it imo. I'd also say some expensive CB's are worth it. Boateng, Chiellini and Bailly are great, but you'll also find some cheap ones like Manolas who's at around the same level.

That's a really good team

yeah im guessing perin is so good because of his 90 reflexes which is top 10 in the game. probably has a lot to do with the way the games coded in relation to that stat.

yeah im guessing perin is so good because of his 90 reflexes which is top 10 in the game. probably has a lot to do with the way the games coded in relation to that stat.
I don't think so. I just tried out IF Handanovic since I have an untradable version of him. He's got 89 reflexes but he's genuinely rubbish. For some reason GK stats are very misleading. It was like that last year too when Butland outperformed nearly every goalkeeper in the game.

I don't think so. I just tried out IF Handanovic since I have an untradable version of him. He's got 89 reflexes but he's genuinely rubbish. For some reason GK stats are very misleading. It was like that last year too when Butland outperformed nearly every goalkeeper in the game.
I think prat of it might be perspective. High rated goalkeepers you expect to be better, low rated ones you expect to be shit so when they do well you are surprised, while high rated ones you'll be annoyed with every goal they concede. That's why I never understood people spending big on keepers. For the most part, the difference they make is small. Some goalkeepers don't save anything of course, but most goalkeepers will make only a very small difference on Fifa, the difference is how you defend and outfield players you have. If you let them have quality chances consistently, then you can't expect your keeper to save much. Also with the long shots being the way they are... Most of the time I don't see a keeper saving something in game that another would let in (if they're all at least decent). Like I feel no difference in scoring when I come up against Neuer, De Gea, Begovic or Hart. Same shit more or less.

Won 27/40 games of my first weekend league. Whenever I came up against De Gea I just knew I would lose haha, he's unbelievable.

I think prat of it might be perspective. High rated goalkeepers you expect to be better, low rated ones you expect to be shit so when they do well you are surprised, while high rated ones you'll be annoyed with every goal they concede. That's why I never understood people spending big on keepers. For the most part, the difference they make is small. Some goalkeepers don't save anything of course, but most goalkeepers will make only a very small difference on Fifa, the difference is how you defend and outfield players you have. If you let them have quality chances consistently, then you can't expect your keeper to save much. Also with the long shots being the way they are... Most of the time I don't see a keeper saving something in game that another would let in (if they're all at least decent). Like I feel no difference in scoring when I come up against Neuer, De Gea, Begovic or Hart. Same shit more or less.
Not sure if I agree. I feel there's a big difference between say De Gea and IF Handanovic. Expectation doesn't really affect me because I don't really expect more from high rated goalkeepers vs low rated. I never know what to expect when I try out a new goalkeeper.

Played very few SB games last week and still managed something like Gold 1/2 and just packed Courtois! Buzzing with that :D