Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Time to upgrade to a main striker. Currently have Sturridge and Morata who done me well, but are still a bit clumsy and not really top of the tree. Premier league team. Eyeing up Kane or Zlatan. Anyone played with either that can shed light on their experience of who is better?

I do cross a bit, but also custom tactics set for strikers to run in behind when they can.

Zlatan is amazing at cam. I’m playing 4231 with martial as striker, Rashford Ibra and Jesus as the CAMs and it’s a joy. Rashford has a decent cross on him, play him down the line, fake shot cut back and then cross and ibrahimovic will ALWAYS arrive in the box.

Martial on 7 chemistry has about 70 goals in 50 games for me with 40+ assists. He’s a perfect lone striker

Time to upgrade to a main striker. Currently have Sturridge and Morata who done me well, but are still a bit clumsy and not really top of the tree. Premier league team. Eyeing up Kane or Zlatan. Anyone played with either that can shed light on their experience of who is better?

I do cross a bit, but also custom tactics set for strikers to run in behind when they can.

Depends how important pace is. I had Costa and he was much better than Kane or Ibra as a striker
If pace isn't really a thing. Go for the Special Giroud Card.
Great in the air, great finisher, absolute monster of a long shot, and if you use LT to hold off players, he can about hold off a full team :lol:

If you like pace, I'd save up a bit more and go for Lacazette. You'd get him for about 120k

Cheers man! Ya feck feck that, don’t know how people do it. I’ll just stick to squad battles and eventually do squad battle challenges when I gain enough coins to finish some of them.

I’ve only worked up to world class today! Rusty as hell as I didn’t play UT in any form last year. Had a similar experience to a shit low chem team today, had to bring on my loan card of fat ron to score a winner with effectively the last kick :nervous:

Now to work out how to fit in my last few games before midnight, with my better half next to me on the couch.....challenge accepted.
Do the mm when they come out, I've always had decent pack luck with those.

Yeah it's really infuriating the way they turn into a beast of a team.

Cheers for the advise lads! Much appreciated

Depends how important pace is. I had Costa and he was much better than Kane or Ibra as a striker
If pace isn't really a thing. Go for the Special Giroud Card.
Great in the air, great finisher, absolute monster of a long shot, and if you use LT to hold off players, he can about hold off a full team :lol:

If you like pace, I'd save up a bit more and go for Lacazette. You'd get him for about 120k

I’ll give Giroud a go actually. Set him as a target man and leaving him as high up as possible. If I no likey I’ll sell him on and get Kane :D got giroud for 53k there, a lot asking 60k so hopefully I have room to not lose too much on him

@Macern fancy making me a hybrid from this.

DDG
Bellerin Bailly Koscielny Alonso
Bakayoko Alli
Eriksen
Mhki Jesus Martial

Navas
Semedo Umtiti Laporte Alba
Modric Isco
Asensio
Dembele IF Bakambu Carrasco

I'll sell the ones I don't need and just make 1 team I think cause it doesn't seem like squad fitness cards will go up and I've got hundreds of them.

Got 60k in the bank plus what I make from selling the players I don't use to add better players if needed.
Yeah I’ll do it as soon as I can. Currently hungover as feck so maybe later today. 4-3-3(4)?

So the big secret is out: How to beat SB on Ultimate.

Slam the weakest bronze player you can find out on the wing. get the ball to him, Then walk the ball while holding LB / LT ( L1 / L2), and then just pass to the striker once in the box and score

Yeah I’ll do it as soon as I can. Currently hungover as feck so maybe later today. 4-3-3(4)?

Not too bothered on formation as I'm willing to mix it up a bit. Plus I've found wingers to not be as effective this season even though I still enjoy playing with em.

Taking a break from this game. Was getting real bad headaches as I was up all til late making sure I was doing the squad battles :lol:
Currently almost completely sold up for now. Once everything is gone, I'll probably have 1.3m to spend

http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1395157/

This is the team I will aim for, probably on and around black friday as prices just keep crashing right now. Worst case I swap Kante for Bakayoko, but this seems within reach I think

Balls. Didn’t realize their was games on weekends between midnight and 8am. Think I missed a few there. Ah well, gold 1 was my aim this week and I’ll be well within that anyway
Try playing it on legacy defending, if you want a few extra points
So the big secret is out: How to beat SB on Ultimate.

Slam the weakest bronze player you can find out on the wing. get the ball to him, Then walk the ball while holding LB / LT ( L1 / L2), and then just pass to the striker once in the box and score
3 bronze players to get your squad down to 75 it's what hugegorrila is doing

Try playing it on legacy defending, if you want a few extra points

3 bronze players to get your squad down to 75 it's what hugegorrila is doing

Thats been found as false.
What he was doing was using the bronze players to walk the ball up the pitch. For some reason as they are really weak, while holding LT, worst case you'd be fouled and enough of them and they would be sent off

20 wins, 6 games left I think. I’ll take Gold 2 as I literally played them all in one go yesterday.

Needless to say it was a horrific experience.

@Macern fancy making me a hybrid from this.

DDG
Bellerin Bailly Koscielny Alonso
Bakayoko Alli
Eriksen
Mhki Jesus Martial

Navas
Semedo Umtiti Laporte Alba
Modric Isco
Asensio
Dembele IF Bakambu Carrasco

I'll sell the ones I don't need and just make 1 team I think cause it doesn't seem like squad fitness cards will go up and I've got hundreds of them.

Got 60k in the bank plus what I make from selling the players I don't use to add better players if needed.
Some ideas:

http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1396174/

http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1396234/

Thats been found as false.
What he was doing was using the bronze players to walk the ball up the pitch. For some reason as they are really weak, while holding LT, worst case you'd be fouled and enough of them and they would be sent off

It’s tedious enough playing a shitload of games, let alone doing that on top of it.

1000 points away from elite 2 and don’t know if I want the reward, 2 mega packs is usually 2 mega let downs

Apparently so. Not tried it to be honest

I played an 83 rated 100 chem team on ultimate and got beat 3-2 in Extra time. Legacy defending seems to confuse the opponent AI, I had tried one game on ultimate 81 rated 90 chem used tactical defending and got destroyed 4-0

Need coins for Zlatan badly. Andy Carroll is decent but his passing and one footedness lets him down badly.

Anyone know which player is likely to win POTM? I guess it is between Sane and KDB. I would like to get KDB if he wins it, think his card will be ridiculous and worth the hassle

IF Giroud takes a bit of getting used to. Decent but hard to get him in the game in a 5-3-2. I have to push my wingbacks higher up to feed him, and I’m conceding more chances and goals due to that. Tried 2 holding midfielders (Dembele and Bakayoko) but that didn’t help the counters.

Prob need someone with a little more pace. Kane it is

Last edited:
IF Giroud takes a bit of getting used to. Decent but hard to get him in the game in a 5-3-2. I have to push my wingbacks higher up to feed him, and I’m conceding more chances and goals due to that. Tried 2 holding midfielders (Dembele and Bakayoko) but that didn’t help the counters.

Prob need someone with a little more pace. Kane it is
Yeah I tried him out. He's pretty good. Literally wins every header and a huge threat from corners (not scored yet but I've hit the bar with him about 6/7 times so probably just unlucky)

But I'll probably go back to Jesus as I don't think my wingers are really suited to him (Salah and Sanchez who both like cutting in).

Yeah I tried him out. He's pretty good. Literally wins every header and a huge threat from corners (not scored yet but I've hit the bar with him about 6/7 times so probably just unlucky)

But I'll probably go back to Jesus as I don't think my wingers are really suited to him (Salah and Sanchez who both like cutting in).

What’s Jesus like actually? Attributes don’t look great on paper, yet a lot go use him. Would slot in well for me with Firmino as CAM. Just not sure if his finishing is sweet enough on paper

What’s Jesus like actually? Attributes don’t look great on paper, yet a lot go use him. Would slot in well for me with Firmino as CAM. Just not sure if his finishing is sweet enough on paper
Really good, feels like an 85 not an 81. I've not felt the need to upgrade to say a Lacazette as I'd be surprised if he was that much better than Jesus especially for the cost.

I have joined the legions of OP PL sweat teams... and my god the results are flying in. Currently 14-5 (only played today, and spent the first 5 games working out tactics and stuff). Feels a bit dirty using the same type of team as everyone else, but my Serie A side was stale and I wasnt enjoying it one bit.

Now, a 41212 narrow

Courtois

Valencia
Azpilicueta
Bailly
Kolasinac

Bakayoko cdm
Firmino cam
Herrera
Fernandinho

Rashford
Jesus

Maybe its the meta OP sweat team making me win, maybe its the fact i have stopped sprinting altogether unless i am on defence. But every game feels like I will win, unless i make stupid mistakes on defence

18-6 in FUT Champs. I've no energy nor desire to continue. 16 more games of PTB/counter attack cowards is too much for ones mental health.

Really good, feels like an 85 not an 81. I've not felt the need to upgrade to say a Lacazette as I'd be surprised if he was that much better than Jesus especially for the cost.

Hmmm more food for thought. Maybe I’ll skip Kane :lol:

He’s phenomenal

Missed out on elite 2 by 4 points and then get rui Patricio as my best player

Missed out on elite 2 by 4 points and then get rui Patricio as my best player
4 points... ouch.... I secured elite 3 pretty comfortably and couldn't be arsed going for 2 today. Got garbage in my packs as well, more discard GKs.

My new team
sj6l6sg.jpg
Which I change to this when the games start
6hYSy3k.jpg

What does the red signify on the card? Seen them about recently.