Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

I wish they'd bring back the practice match option. The arena is good and all, but if I want to practice free kicks I can't see the power bar.

Free kicks are just weird now. The way you take them in the skill games has no bearing on how they work in a game

Free kicks are just weird now. The way you take them in the skill games has no bearing on how they work in a game
I sort of noticed that by how I copied this guy on YouTube exactly and mine went blazing into row Z. :lol:

The patch had changed quite a few things. Game is slower and GKs are better, at least the ones i played against. Fährmann catches a lot of shots first time and had an amazing world class save from the edge of the box, havent seen a GK with such a good save except for De Gea in Fifa 18 so far

It's like teams hit a brick wall after so many matches. I used to experience it on old fifas. Buy a team, it plays really well for 10-20 matches, then it becomes so hard to play with. Sell. Buy another team. Rinse and repeat until you lose half your coins on the 5% tax.

Or you can have a team that plays really well, upgrade a position by buying a top player, and suddenly the team plays like shit.

The most annoying thing about the game. Just won 18 out of 20 games with a Serie A team, i thought it was almost perfect. Then won 3 games easily in Division 1 consecutively, just to suddenly lose the next 4 and stopped playing. Absolute garbage. My team is suddenly all over the place and 2 steps behind every play.

Do people find its better to have 2 teams an rotate or just the one better team an use squad fitness cards?

Alex Hunter seems more clinical than Morata in front of goal for me...

I play 5-3-2. Rose/Alonso and Clyne/Moses rotated in the WB role as their fitness is hammered.

Looking for decent striker recommendations! Headers and strong enough as I tend to cross or drive through with Firmino as CAM. Seen Benteke used a bit but not too confident. Troy Deeney I got in a pack and does ok off the bench, but obviously not consistent enough

Do people find its better to have 2 teams an rotate or just the one better team an use squad fitness cards?
I have a cheap serie a sweat team that I play squad battles with every 3 or 4 games. Just keeps the PL team fresh, although saying that squad fitness cards are a lot cheaper than they used to be.

I did 2 teams way back in 16, but that was before WL. Nowadays just do fitness cards... once every 2-3 games if seasons, but every game for WL and DKT.

Definitely 2 teams. Keeps it more interesting, and at a certain point, the only difference is pretty much 1-2 players added into the main team rather then gradual improvement

Do you really believe this is present in the game then? What about scripting?

Somebody went through the source code of the PC version last year and found the parameters! Also it was once listed as a "feature". It's prevalent in a lot of successful games, Mario kart being a great example... However it has no right to be in a pay to win, competitive game like fifa.

Also don't get me started on card weight and RNG for existing vs new players. bs!

Fk EA

Sky are wankers and I won't have broadband for another 2 weeks. feck them cúnts!
They are reliant on being given slots by BT, who are grossly understaffed which is why they are recruiting 15,000 engineers. Same happened to me when I signed up.

Somebody went through the source code of the PC version last year and found the parameters! Also it was once listed as a "feature". It's prevalent in a lot of successful games, Mario kart being a great example... However it has no right to be in a pay to win, competitive game like fifa.

Also don't get me started on card weight and RNG for existing vs new players. bs!

Fk EA

It's funny you should say that, I mentioned that a couple pages back and no-one seemed to believe it.

Edit: Here's it is.

I reckon EA have a say in where they go though. In my 6 years on UT the best I had gotten was Ibra in about 2013. Recently bought a PS4 again and made a new account, open my very first pack and who's inside? Neymar.

Apparently EA give new players good pulls to keep them playing, which makes sense. Especially since I was still on the free trial version of PS Plus.

DNjmO5_X4AAAjGi.jpg

Ashley Young got an inform card. :drool:

I may actually try him if his price is reasonable. The card heavily boosted his stats.

They are reliant on being given slots by BT, who are grossly understaffed which is why they are recruiting 15,000 engineers. Same happened to me when I signed up.

They had the slot for today though. I told them at the time that the cable would need doing beforehand, but they decided not to pass the message on so the guy had no clue it needed doing.

Going to be 4/5 weeks without playing by the time this gets sorted.

I always criticise FUT so I thought I would actually try and get into it again seeing as every other mode in FIFA 18 is boring or too easy. I must say, I love this Ultimate Team difficulty level. Why don't ea include this for Career Mode?!

Anyway, I refuse to spend real cash because I'm not a cnut. But this is what confuses me - where is the actual skill in the game if you can just spunk loads of real cash on Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar?

What am I missing?

I always criticise FUT so I thought I would actually try and get into it again seeing as every other mode in FIFA 18 is boring or too easy. I must say, I love this Ultimate Team difficulty level. Why don't ea include this for Career Mode?!

Anyway, I refuse to spend real cash because I'm not a cnut. But this is what confuses me - where is the actual skill in the game if you can just spunk loads of real cash on Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar?

What am I missing?
You'd have to spend surreal amounts of $ to get Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar from buying packs or be unbelievably lucky. People generally don't do that. Those few who spend crazy money are either pros, very rich or kids with their dads credit card. You rarely meet any of them anyway.

One of the elements that makes the gamemode fun is to play your way up to a good team. I've got Ronaldo and haven't spent any real life money on packs.

Last edited:
I wish they'd bring back the practice match option. The arena is good and all, but if I want to practice free kicks I can't see the power bar.

Playing a match on amateur is pretty much the same as the practice match option imo

What am I missing?

You’d need to spend a lot to get Messi or Ronaldo or get very lucky in packs. I played a team in Weekend League with Henry and Shevchenko and I won comfortably with my 150,000 team. It’s an advantage to have better players but not a massive one.

Playing a match on amateur is pretty much the same as the practice match option imo
It is, but it's hard to get the computer to foul you enough to get a decent practice in. At least it used to give you the option to practice free kicks on the training ground.

@Macern @Nanook

Thanks for the info.

I have played this mode a lot today. I hated it in FIFA 14 but I am hooked.

I am building a PL side. I have been very shrewd with the coins I have earned. Got Ineacho upfront and he's banging in the goals for me.

Lingard out on the right wing. All pace and no end product!

You’d need to spend a lot to get Messi or Ronaldo or get very lucky in packs. I played a team in Weekend League with Henry and Shevchenko and I won comfortably with my 150,000 team. It’s an advantage to have better players but not a massive one.
What about controller settings? Still sucks online if everything isn't assisted?

Alex Hunter seems more clinical than Morata in front of goal for me...

I play 5-3-2. Rose/Alonso and Clyne/Moses rotated in the WB role as their fitness is hammered.

Looking for decent striker recommendations! Headers and strong enough as I tend to cross or drive through with Firmino as CAM. Seen Benteke used a bit but not too confident. Troy Deeney I got in a pack and does ok off the bench, but obviously not consistent enough
Alex Hunter?

whats a good cheap player to buy loads of and sell on for a profit?
I've been bidding on Antonio and trying to farm 2-300 coins profit from each after EA tax.

whats a good cheap player to buy loads of and sell on for a profit?
I've been bidding on Antonio and trying to farm 2-300 coins profit from each after EA tax.
Anyone in the marquee matchups is good. Wait until they've just been announced and start buying up a rare player who usually goes for discard price, then sell them all on for 1,500 or so.

Anyone in the marquee matchups is good. Wait until they've just been announced and start buying up a rare player who usually goes for discard price, then sell them all on for 1,500 or so.
You have to be really early to do this, there's so many people on fb and Twitter groups predicting the potential MM, which drives up the prices on these players early doors.

You have to be really early to do this, there's so many people on fb and Twitter groups predicting the potential MM, which drives up the prices on these players early doors.
Yeah but it still works if you put the effort in. One of my mates is really good at playing the market. He bought a few of the otw cards and waits for them to score a few goals, sells for profit.

Yeah but it still works if you put the effort in. One of my mates is really good at playing the market. He bought a few of the otw cards and waits for them to score a few goals, sells for profit.
Oh yeah it definitely does, if you're willing to put some time into it, there's money to be made off trading on the market.

Anyone else think the narrow formations are the most effective this year? The narrow 41212 has quickly emerged as my go-to formation. Always seem to have an option in possession with that formation, especially if you have 2 decent fullbacks with above average stamina.

Here's my team, shame the game has been awful for the past 3 or so weeks.

Probably just me, but I don’t get people that do this. If you’re going to pick players from just one team you might as well play regular seasons no?