Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Also, new update is out on xbox.
I dunno what it is, but it feels really slow. Not really noticed a difference with passing, but the speed of gameplay just seems slow

Why is Bakayoko being so widely used? Nearly every side I've faced has him in it? Presently having Strootman and Keita playing the defensive midfielder role. Is Baka a considerable improvement?

Because he’s cheap and affective. I feel dirt using him but he’s the only solid French CM I can afford right now. Blew all my coins on Griezmann, IF Bakambu And soon to be Lacazette.

Would love to save up for Pogba or Kante. Will have to wait for the TOTY crash no doubt.

Because he’s cheap and affective. I feel dirt using him but he’s the only solid French CM I can afford right now. Blew all my coins on Griezmann, IF Bakambu And soon to be Lacazette.

Would love to save up for Pogba or Kante. Will have to wait for the TOTY crash no doubt.
How do you make all your coins?

New update, played two squad battles on world class won one 1-0, lost the other 2-1. Hit the woodwork 9 times. Yes 9 and all from inside the box...

New update, played two squad battles on world class won one 1-0, lost the other 2-1. Hit the woodwork 9 times. Yes 9 and all from inside the box...

Hate those games, no one can tell me the CPU doesn't treat certain games differently.

I got Naingolan in a pack the other day :drool:

These scripted games are the most annoying thing in Fifa. I had plenty of games when I can reach the goal 500 times and not score, then concede with every attack the opponent got.

@Smores - nice to get any decent player. Is he good in game?

@el3mel - unreal, was obvious I wasn't going to be allowed win. Soon as CPU goes 2-0 up, I bury first chance I get. Then back to musa loving the post.

Didn’t they find and prove that momentum/scripting was actually coded into the game? It’s just one of those things that gets mentioned but nothing actually gets done about it and it’s like fifa just ignore it until it goes away

Didn’t they find and prove that momentum/scripting was actually coded into the game? It’s just one of those things that gets mentioned but nothing actually gets done about it and it’s like fifa just ignore it until it goes away

Momentum has been in the game for a long time and was advertised when it was first put in. To be perfectly honest I agree with momentum being there, however scripting from kick off shouldn’t be. When a team are 2 up in real life and the opposition pull 1 back the game will normally swing in the favour of the team thats losing so I think that’s fair enough.

Starting to get a little bored of Fifa now. It almost feels like a job.
4 games a day if you want to compete in squad battles, more at the weekends.
40 games on the weekend if you want to compete in the weekend league.

Just seems very grindy and I am definitely losing the will to play it :lol:

Starting to get a little bored of Fifa now. It almost feels like a job.
4 games a day if you want to compete in squad battles, more at the weekends.
40 games on the weekend if you want to compete in the weekend league.

Just seems very grindy and I am definitely losing the will to play it :lol:
Yeah it’s impossible to keep it going every week. I only played 16 games last weekend and I’ll play 0 games in the coming weekend since I’m away. Exams are also approaching so I won’t have time to play every weekend. It’ll be a bit on and off until christmas for me (I’ve got 26 days off :drool: so that’s more than enough time to play shitloads of fifa.

Man. In fifa 17, 7/10 fut players had sweaty BPL teams

Now it seems its like 99/100... fecking annoying and so boring of playing against jesus and martial up top. Why are the BPL so overrated ingame. Seriously considering just playing seasons and pro clubs with my buds. I thought with the gameplay UT would be more fun this year and it kinda is. The problem is playing against the same fecking team over and over.

/rant

It has to be in for the single player side to work. It'll remain in the online side because its too much work for them to split it out.

I'd also argue that the swing element of it means that people will always feel the need to improve players and packs.

@Smores - nice to get any decent player. Is he good in game?

@el3mel - unreal, was obvious I wasn't going to be allowed win. Soon as CPU goes 2-0 up, I bury first chance I get. Then back to musa loving the post.

Yeah he's brilliant, very strong. Not sure he's worth the amount he'd cost in coins but I'm not going to bother selling as i run with an italian league team.

It has to be in for the single player side to work. It'll remain in the online side because its too much work for them to split it out.

I'd also argue that the swing element of it means that people will always feel the need to improve players and packs.

Ultimate team came about because a guy at EA remembered how popular panini stickers were. We were gambling/trading and comparing as 5 year olds so it’s natural that ultimate team is a hit and people just have to get that shiny rare.

@DrRodo its annoying, I use some of the common players myself but its because I like all the players.

Try online singles matches, usually get more variety in squads there.

Also, I got shafted in a draft, had Zanetti right back, Roberto Carlos left back and Henrik Larson up front, 3-0 up at half time lost 4-3 with two own goals. 15000 coins spent though but got that ilsinho IF in my rewards even though I lost the first game so almost made the coins back.

Played with the new patch. The game is much slower now, and the passing changes are quite evident. I'm in d2 currently, but have struggled to cope with the insane ping pong passing style that was the meta, now however you can really tell who the good players are who were just using the meta style, and who were only good because of the meta style. Suddenly people are having to adapt their play, to passing the way they are facing, and for some people the transition has been easy (i lost 3-0 earlier to someone who literally just picked his passes well every time i left a gap) and other people the transition is much harder (beat someone 4-0 who was still trying to ping pong, but every blind pass landed at the feet of my cdms).

Its closer to where it needs to be as a game. It doesnt feel like anyone will win from just abusing a game mechanic and it will take actual reading the game situations and countering their tactics to win

Played with the new patch. The game is much slower now, and the passing changes are quite evident. I'm in d2 currently, but have struggled to cope with the insane ping pong passing style that was the meta, now however you can really tell who the good players are who were just using the meta style, and who were only good because of the meta style. Suddenly people are having to adapt their play, to passing the way they are facing, and for some people the transition has been easy (i lost 3-0 earlier to someone who literally just picked his passes well every time i left a gap) and other people the transition is much harder (beat someone 4-0 who was still trying to ping pong, but every blind pass landed at the feet of my cdms).

Its closer to where it needs to be as a game. It doesnt feel like anyone will win from just abusing a game mechanic and it will take actual reading the game situations and countering their tactics to win
That would be great,going to try in a minute.

How does the web app work? If i play on ps4 can i go to web app on PC or can only access in via phone? Tried on pc today and it doesnt recognize the account.....
Weird. It should work on pc too, does for me. Make sure you’re logged in with the right account.

Music to my ears.

Nothing worse that losing to some ping ponging, 180 degree passing shitnugget.

Ping pong passing is still well active in division 1,now they are just passing it backwarss because passing to the back doesnt require much accuracy as they have the time and space to take heavy 1st touch etc.

Players like Kante have become 10x more useful now in midfield, will sell Ibra as he isnt quick enough for those interceptions with the poorer passing.

Saved so much for jesus and I can't use him :lol:

I find him lethal, over a goal a game average for me, great for getting on the end of crosses and pretty much good at everything. New patch seems to have nerfed Antonio completely for me so I'm in the market for a new CAM plus Sterling and Musa now miss sitters like they're Cavani on a bad day.

Spent today amassing full squads for all MLS and Eredivisie teams, hoping for a nice SBC League soon.

Also got 5 screams like @100 but think I might have wasted that.

There has hardly been any change to the passing. Just the very odd degree passes have been weakened, but other than that, its all the same

Spent today amassing full squads for all MLS and Eredivisie teams, hoping for a nice SBC League soon.

Also got 5 screams like @100 but think I might have wasted that.
I bought the cheapest so I won't lose much if they drop to discard. It's either sell tonight for people trying for Icon SBCs, or buy more for future Icon SBCs(they boost at other points in the year, not sure when). There's always a chance they release it tomorrow when the last SBC ends.

Very happen with Zlatan at CAM. Scores a screamer every game.

How do you make all your coins?

Mainly through FUT champs rewards. Kante and Pogba are a pipe dream though. I’m currently sat on 7k and will have to sell IF Bakambu after the rewards are issued Thursday night.

I find him lethal, over a goal a game average for me, great for getting on the end of crosses and pretty much good at everything. New patch seems to have nerfed Antonio completely for me so I'm in the market for a new CAM plus Sterling and Musa now miss sitters like they're Cavani on a bad day.

I had to sell him and buy Ozil instead. Weird I think my style of play requires both pace and power. Jesus keeps getting muscled off for me :(

So you can now only pass accurately the way you are facing, FINALLY.

Gameplay has turned absolutely garbage for me. I dare not venture online. Just lost to a 80 rated side on fecking professional who I'd usually beat 4 or 5 nil. My players felt awful. Could barely pass or make any decent runs.

Gameplay has turned absolutely garbage for me. I dare not venture online. Just lost to a 80 rated side on fecking professional who I'd usually beat 4 or 5 nil. My players felt awful. Could barely pass or make any decent runs.
I played offline the other day and it honestly seemed like pace had been reduced by 30 on every player. It's unreal. The game feels like it's in quicksand

Also, on an unrelated note... my player bar in the bottom left has disappeared and hasn't come back.

I wish they'd bring back the practice match option. The arena is good and all, but if I want to practice free kicks I can't see the power bar.