Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Cost me about 450k :(

Oh well, still cheap as chips. I think he's the only icon sbc worth doing though. Del Piero apparently costs 1m plus.
Del Piero requires an Icon which instantly adds about 400k to the cost. I can't see how he's possibly worth it, and I'm really put off by his low balance and strength. Costa on the other hand feels really strong and nimble, which makes him so good on the ball.

Del Piero requires an Icon which instantly adds about 400k to the cost. I can't see how he's possibly worth it, and I'm really put off by his low balance and strength. Costa on the other hand feels really strong and nimble, which makes him so good on the ball.

Yeah he's been good for me so far too. 75 finishing was a bit disappointing, but the deadeye trait seems to have done the trick.

Really wish there was an incentive to play online during the week. Spread the weekend league out, seasons isn't worthwhile.

I played a few games with Dybala and thought he was a waste of 290k coins, but having played a few more games now, and utilitising his skills better he’s actually phenomenal! I was missing a player to score more goals and he does that plus plays assists.

Anyone used Mertens? Loved him last year but looks a bit average this year.

ditched the idea and went for this, just cant lose ibra. Only have 8000 coins left so will save to upgrade left back but im thinking lemar on 7 chem will do a great job there, buy him for 3000 coins once his loan runs out which is a ridiculous price for his card stats.
https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=b7gVecJGnNbZm:FFA18PS4
I really like that team too. I don’t think Umtiti is very good, though it doesn’t take too long to save up for Varane.

I really like that team too. I don’t think Umtiti is very good, though it doesn’t take too long to save up for Varane.

Played a few games with it, don’t really see the

After the next patch I think the passing stat might take on some more importance, umtiti one of the best cb for it

I've no idea what's happened, but I've started losing a lot with the same team that I made Elite 1 with a week ago. Barzagli gets outpaced constantly, Bakambu suddenly became rubbish. So did Perin. Apparently the new update hasn't even hit consoles yet? What the actual feck.

Anyway I'm selling most of my team and switching to 4-2-3-1

I've no idea what's happened, but I've started losing a lot with the same team that I made Elite 1 with a week ago. Barzagli gets outpaced constantly, Bakambu suddenly became rubbish. So did Perin. Apparently the new update hasn't even hit consoles yet? What the actual feck.

Anyway I'm selling most of my team and switching to 4-2-3-1

Sell Ronaldo

It's like teams hit a brick wall after so many matches. I used to experience it on old fifas. Buy a team, it plays really well for 10-20 matches, then it becomes so hard to play with. Sell. Buy another team. Rinse and repeat until you lose half your coins on the 5% tax.

Or you can have a team that plays really well, upgrade a position by buying a top player, and suddenly the team plays like shit.

It's like teams hit a brick wall after so many matches. I used to experience it on old fifas. Buy a team, it plays really well for 10-20 matches, then it becomes so hard to play with. Sell. Buy another team. Rinse and repeat until you lose half your coins on the 5% tax.

Or you can have a team that plays really well, upgrade a position by buying a top player, and suddenly the team plays like shit.

To be fair that’s pretty close to what happens in real life. Think of all the teams that start a season on fire then get figured out and end up not achieving much.

And Fernando Torres was supposed to be the second coming of god at Chelsea.

Replace klassen with Antonio and sigurdson with Lanzini

Cheers mate, thanks for all the advice. Just using the team you gave me with Sane instead of Lanzini. I went from being relegated from Div 8 online to winning Div 8, 7 and 6 without losing a game.

Cheers mate, thanks for all the advice. Just using the team you gave me with Sane instead of Lanzini. I went from being relegated from Div 8 online to winning Div 8, 7 and 6 without losing a game.

No problem. That’s a fine run you’re going on.

What formation is it you are using?

This is exactly what has happened with me. I replaced Saul with Rakitic and Gaya with Alba and then everything went to hell.

No problem. That’s a fine run you’re going on.

What formation is it you are using?

When I got Sane I switched to 4231 (2) instead of regular 4231. Using a custom tactic set up some guy called Olly put on youtube with it.

Not sure if this will work but like this http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1272898/

Long term I'm thinking of getting Jesus for Morata but he seems a bit overpriced.

When I got Sane I switched to 4231 (2) instead of regular 4231. Using a custom tactic set up some guy called Olly put on youtube with it.

Not sure if this will work but like this http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1272898/

Long term I'm thinking of getting Jesus for Morata but he seems a bit overpriced.

You might want to think about doing away with Buffon. That’s 60k you could spend on Jesus and use costil or ruffier in goals. Costil is under 1000 and with glove Chem he performs fine, plus he has the punching trait which is good at corners.

Jesus isn’t overpriced at all, he’s probably one of the best players on the game.

Not sure how much Pogba will go down in price come thanksgiving and that black friday crash. Going to sell Griezmann (though I do like using him), Isco, Alba, and debating on selling Pogba and Dybala. Got Rashford in a gold upgrade two player pack so will probably use him up top with Martial and then some other winger in a 4-3-3. Sane maybe, if he gets an inform then definitely. Kolasinac too should get an IF so that'll be good.

Could you link me to the YouTube video? It’s exactly this formation I’m using for both my teams but default.

You might want to think about doing away with Buffon. That’s 60k you could spend on Jesus and use costil or ruffier in goals. Costil is under 1000 and with glove Chem he performs fine, plus he has the punching trait which is good at corners.

Jesus isn’t overpriced at all, he’s probably one of the best players on the game.

Cheers mate, I was thinking of moving on Buffon for someone with better chemistry. I have Bravo as backup though he seems to have turned incompetent since yesterday for some reason but I'll definately try those two. I have the coins for Ruffier is he's the better option and Buffon money for Jesus.

Could you link me to the YouTube video? It’s exactly this formation I’m using for both my teams but default.

Guy talks alot of rubbish but tactic is effective.

Last edited:
Cheers mate, I was thinking of moving on Buffon for someone with better chemistry. I have Bravo as backup though he seems to have turned incompetent since yesterday for some reason but I'll definately try those two. I have the coins for Ruffier is he's the better option and Buffon money for Jesus.

Yeah I just don’t see the need on spending so many coins on a keeper. A large % of the goals you concede will be cutbacks that you can’t do anything about, the only things you really want are the punching trait and/or GK long throw

Who is the best CAM in the premier league? I like Zlatan better as a striker.

How is David Silva in this game ? I have 24000 coins and need a very good CM badly.

Always worth changing formations when going through a rut. End up doing the same things over and over, and your players doesn't seem as good. But changing formations, forces you to play in a different way and adds things to your game.

Think Ozil would be better.

You tried him ?

This is my current team at the moment :

cf5183485379e19.jpg

Want to replace B.Silva, also Morata isn't really that good for me unfortunately. Have some nice shots and goals but he strangely looks slower than what his stats are suggesting.

Yeah I just don’t see the need on spending so many coins on a keeper. A large % of the goals you concede will be cutbacks that you can’t do anything about, the only things you really want are the punching trait and/or GK long throw

Thats true, I concede feck all other than crosses, cutbacks and the odd long shot. I find Bravo horrible though. I'll move on buffon for Jesus

You tried him ?

This is my current team at the moment :

cf5183485379e19.jpg

Want to replace B.Silva, also Morata isn't really that good for me unfortunately. Have some nice shots and goals but he strangely looks slower than what his stats are suggesting.
I’d swap Lallana for Herrera, Lallana is a bit trash IMO.