Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

I’m guessing you like pacey full backs. Semedo is better than all of them, pair him with umtiti and Paulinho after selling Walker and get bakayoko in midfield

Cheers mate. Can get the trio for about 20k. Unfortunately can't sell walker or bellerin as they are reward packs or whatever and are untradable.
Played a bit last night and got The Barca trio and Bakayoko. Playing 4231 Narrow.

Now looking like this
------------Bravo--------------- -GK
Semedo--Umtiti-Koscielny--Alonso -D
-------Paulinho-Bakayoko-------- -CDM
-------------------------------- -M
---Sterling-Klaasen-Sigurdsson--- -CAM
-----------Morata--------------- -ST

Where would you recommend upgrading next mate, sorry about all the questions but I'm really terrible at the game.

I truly suck at this game. 12-7 right now...just need 8 more wins for gold 1 monthly. I can’t seem to hold a lead. Even if I go 3 up I’m not confident. Could be a long afternoon of frustration! How is everyone else getting on?

Don't feel bad, I can't even qualify for the weekend league.

No way. Corners are easy to get, so if that was the case you’d win every game through lots of corner goals.
This was broken last year too, and it really does work. I have Andy Carroll at centre forward for just this purpose, until I can afford Zlatan anyway.

The effectiveness of cheap pacey strikers is ridiculous. Bought Callum Wilson after really struggling, instant improvements.
It's crazy. I always have Musa on the bench, and bring him on if things aren't going for me :lol:

Cheers mate. Can get the trio for about 20k. Unfortunately can't sell walker or bellerin as they are reward packs or whatever and are untradable.
Played a bit last night and got The Barca trio and Bakayoko. Playing 4231 Narrow.

Now looking like this
------------Bravo--------------- -GK
Semedo--Umtiti-Koscielny--Alonso -D
-------Paulinho-Bakayoko-------- -CDM
-------------------------------- -M
---Sterling-Klaasen-Sigurdsson--- -CAM
-----------Morata--------------- -ST

Where would you recommend upgrading next mate, sorry about all the questions but I'm really terrible at the game.

Don't feel bad, I can't even qualify for the weekend league.

Replace klassen with Antonio and sigurdson with Lanzini

It's crazy. I always have Musa on the bench, and bring him on if things aren't going for me :lol:
A lot of people seem to be doing that now with Musa, which is strange considering he wasn't common at all in the beginning.

A lot of people seem to be doing that now with Musa, which is strange considering he wasn't common at all in the beginning.
I can't say, I only started last weekend. I always have a pace whore plan B just in case though. Sometimes you just get a mental block, and can't create to save your life.

Been experimenting with the 352 recently, playing fullbacks on catalyst chem style in the wide areas and it actually plays really well with my custom tactics. In attack I only ever need the wide men as extra bodies to stretch the play, never been too big on crossing so I knock it back in the middle for the cam and two strikers to work with. Great for counter attacks. In defence the wide dudes get back and defend well being natural fullbacks and all, also having the 2 cdm’s in the middle. I’m bound to bin this though when this form inevitably caves in on me and I’ll revert back to 41212 :lol:

Gk - schmeicel, asenjo
CBs - azpilicueta, Smalling, Koscielny, nacho, giminez, umtiti
Wide mid/full backs - Juanfran, Gaya, Clyne, Shaw
Cdm - Herrera, dembele, Paulinho, kovacic
Cam - asensio, dele alli
St - gameiro, Ben yedder, Rashford, Morata

Never have time for the weekend league sadly but gonna try the daily knocks outs this time around. Squad battles is good fun though, and I get my icon edition packs on Monday’s too so the rewards come at a good time.

They basically don't exist anymore which is a huge shame, EA did away with the bronze and Silver tourneys awhile back for some stupid reason.

Now it's gold Bpl sweat teams all the way

That really is sad. Was looking to make a return after a few years. There was nothing more fun than carefully assembling a team of bronze Koreans then meeting players with mismatched starter teams and thumping them 7-0. I gave regular gold UT a go last night though and at first glance it actually seems to play a lot better than it used to so might stick with a budget BPL team.

EA are a disgrace at times. Won 2 online FUT drafts today, earlier in the morning i got only a jumbo premium gold pack with Shatov as my best player and a gold set with feck all in it and now i got another gold set and a rare players pack and the best i got was fecking Casillas.

Also De Gea is easily the best GK in the game, except maybe for the Legends, where i only tried van der Sar, who was also very good.

This was broken last year too, and it really does work. I have Andy Carroll at centre forward for just this purpose, until I can afford Zlatan anyway.
Yeah I know all about that, but scoring 1 in 2 isn't true. No one can do that. If they could they'd just try getting as many corners as possible and end up with 10-20 goals every game.

Finished weekend league on 21 wins. Don't think I'll improve on that.

My gameplay is so streaky for some reason. There's times the game is so smooth, everything goes well, and then the rest you can't get anything to go. My record must've been something like

WLLLLLWWWWLLLLLWWLLLLLLLLLWWWWWWWWW

I had a really odd glitch earlier where an opposition Zlatan was a bronze striker playing for Wycombe Wanderers.

Yeah I know all about that, but scoring 1 in 2 isn't true. No one can do that. If they could they'd just try getting as many corners as possible and end up with 10-20 goals every game.

Can't say it works 50% of the time for me, although it's a modest/fair amount. 10-15% probably :lol:

My gameplay is so streaky for some reason. There's times the game is so smooth, everything goes well, and then the rest you can't get anything to go. My record must've been something like

So frustrating. I'm such a confidence player. If I dominate a game but just can't score, then fall behind to an EAIDs goal I might as well quit then. I just turn to shit.

Sums up my weekend too. I was getting lag catch up which lost me a lot of goals.
Either I’m winning 4/5 on the bounce or I’m on a losing streak.

No consistency for me at all. Where did you finish for the monthly’s??

Sums up my weekend too. I was getting lag catch up which lost me a lot of goals.
Either I’m winning 4/5 on the bounce or I’m on a losing streak.

No consistency for me at all. Where did you finish for the monthly’s??
Gold 2/3 I think. Whatever one was 75 wins I think. Not great considering I played every game:eek:

You?

There has been an update recently right? Passing feels different and Perin has become absolutely rubbish :( I've no idea what's happened, but he's barely usable.

There has been an update recently right? Passing feels different and Perin has become absolutely rubbish :( I've no idea what's happened, but he's barely usable.
He felt fine yesterday, havent played much today though so cant comment on if its different. Would suck if hes changed, nice having discard price players who theres no point in upgrading on.

Just played an online FUT match, came up against a dude with a team called FC Frogner, which is an affluent part of Oslo, and who had a heck of a team. Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Van Basten, De Gea, Ramos, Pogba, etc... my guess was he'd paid real money for most of this.

If that dude was anything more than mediocre, he'd have smashed me, so I reckon my guess hit pretty close to the mark.

EA are a disgrace at times. Won 2 online FUT drafts today, earlier in the morning i got only a jumbo premium gold pack with Shatov as my best player and a gold set with feck all in it and now i got another gold set and a rare players pack and the best i got was fecking Casillas.
Packs are garbage, it's just a lottery. Look at how many players are at the rare level in the game and how many are actually anything special? I wouldn't spend coins on something where the reward is a lottery as you can't sell on packs. I play Magic the Gathering and packs that I win I can use as currency.

Packs are garbage, it's just a lottery. Look at how many players are at the rare level in the game and how many are actually anything special? I wouldn't spend coins on something where the reward is a lottery as you can't sell on packs. I play Magic the Gathering and packs that I win I can use as currency.

I reckon EA have a say in where they go though. In my 6 years on UT the best I had gotten was Ibra in about 2013. Recently bought a PS4 again and made a new account, open my very first pack and who's inside? Neymar.

Apparently EA give new players good pulls to keep them playing, which makes sense. Especially since I was still on the free trial version of PS Plus.

I reckon EA have a say in where they go though. In my 6 years on UT the best I had gotten was Ibra in about 2013. Recently bought a PS4 again and made a new account, open my very first pack and who's inside? Neymar.

Apparently EA give new players good pulls to keep them playing, which makes sense. Especially since I was still on the free trial version of PS Plus.
There are more than 2000 rare players in the game including legends. The chances of opening a Neymar aren't very high. The normal person doesn't open up that many packs because he uses his coins on buying better ones. The whales won't care and will just buy booster after booster to get good players, sells what he doesn't want and uses the coins from that to fill in his team. EA don't have programmers that are good enough to delicately mess with a RNG.

I should be back on this from about Wednesday. I started playing the journey a couple of days ago just to get back into the swing of playing before I head back online in a few days.

Got 75k saved up which I need to build on in order to get Griezmann for my la Liga side.

Usual filth in my reward packs for elite 3. Think I've packed Muslera and Szczesny about 3 or 4 times now.

Anyone play single player seasons? What are the rewards like in div 1-3? Might try grinding that instead of the squad battles.

Got Buffon and burki in my player pack from sb. Lots of keepers strangely with got mignolet, scuffet and horn as well.

Finished the Prime Costa SBC with the boosted Scream cards for a total cost of about 300k.

What a fecking beast he is. Literally levels above anyone else I've tried so far this year. Got my CAM spot sorted for the remainder of this FIFA cycle, I think.

Stopped at Silver 1 (needed 12 for my gold 2 monthly), couldn't be arsed to get to gold 3 even though I have plenty of games left, but it's better this way as I'm gonna take november off from the WL. Takes up too much time on the weekend and I get nothing productive done if I try it.

Finished the Prime Costa SBC with the boosted Scream cards for a total cost of about 300k.

What a fecking beast he is. Literally levels above anyone else I've tried so far this year. Got my CAM spot sorted for the remainder of this FIFA cycle, I think.

Cost me about 450k :(

Oh well, still cheap as chips. I think he's the only icon sbc worth doing though. Del Piero apparently costs 1m plus.

Stopped at Silver 1 (needed 12 for my gold 2 monthly), couldn't be arsed to get to gold 3 even though I have plenty of games left, but it's better this way as I'm gonna take november off from the WL. Takes up too much time on the weekend and I get nothing productive done if I try it.
Why they don't stretch it across a week is ridiculous. Fitting 40 games of fifa into 2 and a bit days is just way too much.

I enjoyed playing it but I found myself putting my social life on hold, for a fecking Fifa game :lol: I'm glad I quit it.