Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Anyone used IF Icardi or IF Immobile?

Neither seem amazing but quite cheap. Not a massive fan of lumpy strikers though.

Immobile was really good for me, especially at tidying up loose ends in the penalty box. I played him in a narrow 41212 with Mertens and Perrotti, worked quite well with the more diminutive players around him.

I've currently got this.
16Pbwps.jpg

IMG_1639.png

Is the bottom one worth the upgrade? I've had the team for ages now and it's worth nowhere near what I paid (Mbappe has lost around 70k :lol:) so fancied changing it up.
Please tell me you're starting the game 4-3-3 then switching to that formation? You could have 10 chem on Dembele by starting martial LW dembele RW then switching as the game starts?

Please tell me you're starting the game 4-3-3 then switching to that formation? You could have 10 chem on Dembele by starting martial LW dembele RW then switching as the game starts?

Yeah I bought Matuidi and Fekir. Starting on 433 F9 everyone is on 9/10 chem.

Neither seem amazing but quite cheap. Not a massive fan of lumpy strikers though.
I've found that big, less skilful players aren't quite as OP as they were last year. Which is a shame since I used to Fellaini, Matic and Lukaku my way up the divisions. Now I've got Giovinco up front since striking this year seems to be all about ball control. If your players have a bad touch then it's a lot more costly.

Bought scream khedira and scream cuadrado last night, both are so good. Khedira is like a brick wall, and literally just sits in front of the defence all game. Cuadrado has so much agility and speed that he can turn any direction and still keep the ball. Only downside to him is he has a 3 star WF, but by the time he is in the box in front of goal he can create his own space to use his strong foot. Also, 5 star SM

Verdict on TOTW Batshuayi: dog shite.

Reverted back to Jesus and Costa with Rashford coming off the bench. Back to back titles won so I’m now back in Division 5.

Is Sanchez good this year? Hardly seen anyone use him and expected him to be worth about 300k. He's going for about 140 at the moment which seems pretty low.

Never been a fan of lumpy strikers but Icardi's 88 card last year was my favourite striker in the game so had to try him. Hes class again. Feels faster then his ratings, is decently agile with good balance, great finisher but my favourite part is how good he iis in the air. Like 99 jumping and heading so you can go wrong with crosses.

Verdict on TOTW Batshuayi: dog shite.

Reverted back to Jesus and Costa with Rashford coming off the bench. Back to back titles won so I’m now back in Division 5.
Lost 4 out of 4 this morning. I’m fecking done with this game I’m shite. Worst thing is I downloaded it so can’t even sell it.

Edit: make that 6.

Last edited:
Never been a fan of lumpy strikers but Icardi's 88 card last year was my favourite striker in the game so had to try him. Hes class again. Feels faster then his ratings, is decently agile with good balance, great finisher but my favourite part is how good he iis in the air. Like 99 jumping and heading so you can go wrong with crosses.

Yeah exactly, his SIF was my favourite card last year too.

Think I’ll just get him, so cheap it hardly matters anyway.

My plan was to play 10 games this afternoon. Stopped after 5. Currently I'm 4-1, each game was a struggle because I'm going through "creators block". Anyone ever go through a phase were they're so predictable in attack? Everytime I'm in the final third I just have no clue what to do, it's like my brain goes blank.

I have come up against some really fecking good players in fairness.

3-0 currently. The game feels slower then normal which has stopped the 8-5 type of games. Has there been a patch?

Mbappe has made a big difference in my team! Him and IF Bakambu are tearing teams apart.

3-0 currently. The game feels slower then normal which has stopped the 8-5 type of games. Has there been a patch?

Mbappe has made a big difference in my team! Him and IF Bakambu are tearing teams apart.

There is a patch which fixes passing. Haven't played for a week, so can't confirm if it's out on consoles yet.

Sold Jesus and bought Ibrahimovic with a hunter for 90k, expecting to make a fair profit once he’s back playing.

Anyone used him?

Sold Jesus and bought Ibrahimovic with a hunter for 90k, expecting to make a fair profit once he’s back playing.

Anyone used him?
Is that all he is? I just assumed he'd be an absolute fortune. Might have to stick Firmino up top with Jesus and get Zlatan at CAM.

Anyone used him?
Yeah he’s good as a CAM. Good investment imo :)

Is that all he is? I just assumed he'd be an absolute fortune. Might have to stick Firmino up top with Jesus and get Zlatan at CAM.
His pace has been downgraded to 65 which is probably the main reason for why he’s so cheap. Also he isn’t playing irl so there’s no hype.

He was going for 95 but I searched with hunter and one popped up for 90k, didn’t think I’d get it because of the autobuyers but it went through. Currently got 25k left so going to save to buy Jesus back, also going to shove martial to ST and loan Henry to LF before I unleash Zlatan

Tried both. IF Immobile is just slightly better imo - also he's cheaper. Very much worth the coins.

I'm convinced the difficulty levels in squad battes get harder the higher the league you are in. I just played some average 80 46 chemistry team on legendary and it was like playing a prime Barcelona. Lost 3-1. Yesterday I beat a similar team 5-0.

A PS4/FUT related query:
So I notice that 500 FUT points (not coins) have been added to my account. I checked my PSN transaction history and it shows a transaction of INR 0 for a PSN Network card and a INR 0 transaction for the 500 FUT points. Has anyone else ever had got FUT points for free basically? Should I be reporting it to PSN/EA?
Ha, so turns out I just got lucky. Got a notification today saying the following:
"A limited number of Sony Entertainment Network Account holders will receive 500 FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points free of charge during the period commencing on 26 October 2017 and terminating on 3 November 2017
"

Yeah he’s good as a CAM. Good investment imo :)

His pace has been downgraded to 65 which is probably the main reason for why he’s so cheap. Also he isn’t playing irl so there’s no hype.
Just about raised the money to buy him. Would you recommend him as the best CAM for 95k or should I go with someone a bit quicker like Ozil?

The gameplay for me today has been horrendous, unresponsive garbage. Plus I've disconnected 3 times in 17 games. I'm 11-6 so far.

Everything was a struggle. Had no fun whatsoever ffs. :lol: Aiming for Gold 3 and going to enjoy the long weekend.

Bonus clip that sums up my matches.

Almost popped a blood vessel.

The gameplay for me today has been horrendous, unresponsive garbage. Plus I've disconnected 3 times in 17 games. I'm 11-6 so far.

Everything was a struggle. Had no fun whatsoever ffs. :lol: Aiming for Gold 3 and going to enjoy the long weekend.

Bonus clip that sums up my matches.

Almost popped a blood vessel.

:lol:I've had a shocker too. Feel like this is the best I've played in weekend league yet and I just keep getting fecked over.

And you weren't lying @Macern. I'm waiting on IF Handanovic but bought Perin for 900 until then. He saves everything:lol:

Yeah I got Perrin and there’s no notable difference, if anything he’s been better.

Money’s better spent elsewhere!

:lol:I've had a shocker too. Feel like this is the best I've played in weekend league yet and I just keep getting fecked over.

And you weren't lying @Macern. I'm waiting on IF Handanovic but bought Perin for 900 until then. He saves everything:lol:
:devil: I know. Just as good as DDG who goes for 240k

Not enjoying weekend league at all anymore. 19 out of 22 but everytime playing the same teams, the same boring ping pong passers with 65% ball possesion. I will stop when I get 27 wins as that will give me monthly elite 1. If I get nothing decent from that I might stop playing FUT Champs, it is really ruined by those youtubers who give tips so that noobs will just try to exploit the game.

Not enjoying weekend league at all anymore. 19 out of 22 but everytime playing the same teams, the same boring ping pong passers with 65% ball possesion. I will stop when I get 27 wins as that will give me monthly elite 1. If I get nothing decent from that I might stop playing FUT Champs, it is really ruined by those youtubers who give tips so that noobs will just try to exploit the game.

Haven’t even tried qualifying for it because I know it’ll just frustrate me.

This Fifa is brilliant when you come across the right player, and you’re only gonna get those in online singles match. Failing that, play online seasons against a mate, the gameplay is so much more realistic and slower.

Haven’t even tried qualifying for it because I know it’ll just frustrate me.

This Fifa is brilliant when you come across the right player, and you’re only gonna get those in online singles match. Failing that, play online seasons against a mate, the gameplay is so much more realistic and slower.
I quite like Online single match, divisions and fut draft in Ultimate Team, but Fut Champs is just horrible. Horrible dickheads that will do anything for the rewards.