Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

£25k for rare gold packs :lol::lol::lol:

I've opened 3 today from doing SBCs at a cost of around £15k and I won't even make half of that back. I'd be utterly fuming if I spent £75k :lol:

Any links or could you post the team? They all look a fortune on FUTHEAD.

I find using Youtube best as it's less used.

£25k for rare gold packs :lol::lol::lol:

I've opened 3 today from doing SBCs at a cost of around £15k and I won't even make half of that back. I'd be utterly fuming if I spent £75k :lol:

I find using Youtube best as it's less used.

The £ sign had me really worried for a bit there.

Saved up my reward packs and a fair few SBC packs in anticipation of TOTY. Opened them today since EA are being dicks about it.

Got Mané, Martial, Hummels and Scream Forster in them. Quite pleased. Probably a total of about 4-500k coins from the packs when it's all gone.

Did the marquee matchup thing and barely made my money back. It was just a massive waste of time building 4 squads of shit, which I then exchanged for 4 packs of shit.

Any links or could you post the team? They all look a fortune on FUTHEAD.
Using the sbc thing on futbin, there's a thing where you can try and make it yourself so I just kept playing around on there while also checking player prices just in case. Use the ones on there as guides but then change the players. This one was pretty easy to be honest, plenty of potential options, only 75 chem needed, no specific teams/leagues really, and no min rating. Forget exactly who I used but it was something like (all close to discard value):

LB - league one and english
LCM - league 2 and english from the same team as left striker
ST - league 2 same team as LCM not english
RB - silver spanish from 2nd french division
RCM - gold spanish cm from liga
CDM - gold cdm from la liga (argentinian I think)
RCB - gold argentinian from genoa
GK - genoa bronze or silver gk

I just lost a match where I conceded 3 goals from kickoffs after my goals. Its fecking ridiculous how easy it is to score from kickoffs, the keepers save feck all.

I just lost a match where I conceded 3 goals from kickoffs after my goals. Its fecking ridiculous how easy it is to score from kickoffs, the keepers save feck all.
Yeah, the good old kickoff glitch. You have to be really concentrated immediately after kickoff. Do everything you can to tackle your opponent when they've had a kickoff and you should be fine.

There is definitely some sort of dodgy coding after kick-off.

I benefit from it and get fecked by it in equal measure.
There's some degree of boost for the team that conceded, it's undeniable. I think it's compounded by how slow the players turn from a standing position. Keepers definitely get worse, they save basically nothing after you score.

There's some degree of boost for the team that conceded, it's undeniable. I think it's compounded by how slow the players turn from a standing position. Keepers definitely get worse, they save basically nothing after you score.

Agreed, I've been playing FIFA since '96 and the catch-up logic/scripting in '18 is the most that Ive ever seen in a FIFA, they need to patch that asap

There is definitely some sort of dodgy coding after kick-off.

I benefit from it and get fecked by it in equal measure.
I haven't noticed keeper performances being worse straight after kickoff, but the AI controlled players in the team who just scored are extremly static and don't react properly when the conceding team attacks. It has been like that for years, although it's undoubtedly worse this year.

But honestly guys, if you do a proper effort to not concede straight after kickoff you should be fine. Just foul the opponent or something. Can't be that difficult. I score a lot from this glitch but rarely concede.

Yeah even when I score I don’t really celebrate until I get the ball back from kick off!

I’m thinking on creating an ex-United team. How do you think I’d get on with this:

Heaton/Foster

Simpson/Fosu Keane Shawcross Evra
Zaha Fletcher Schneiderlin Depay
King Hernandez

Subs: Welbeck Nani Cleverly

Yeah even when I score I don’t really celebrate until I get the ball back from kick off!
:lol: I can picture it, you’re sitting there silently watching as your player celebrates. The opponents takes the kick off, goes forward with the ball. Your player jumps in for a tackle and you win the ball back. You then jump up in the air celebrating.

Yeah, the good old kickoff glitch. You have to be really concentrated immediately after kickoff. Do everything you can to tackle your opponent when they've had a kickoff and you should be fine.
Yep - and I don't think it's a glitch but deliberate coding from EA to try and replicate 'real life' with the "you are most vulnerable after you've scored" cliche which isn't really true at all. Defending players for sure react much slower and the attacking team can easily create a good chance with very little work.
I’m thinking on creating an ex-United team. How do you think I’d get on with this:

Heaton/Foster

King Hernandez

Looks absolutely shite?

Heaton/Foster

King Hernandez

Looks absolutely shite?
:lol: Yeah, there’s really no other way to put it. It a cool team but it isn’t going to work out in game.

Was having a gander at the champions channel, decided to check out @Eddy_JukeZ's games, in one of them he's 2-1 up, his Eric Bailly has the ball in his own box, and for some reason De Gea comes running in behind him, dispossessing him by tackling from behind, and allowing the oppo's Deulofeu to score. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I woulda been fecking fuming!

I've officially figured out defending. The main reason why I in the previous weekend went from finishing in Elite 3 to almost making top 100 is because I completely changed the way I defend.

Most people prefer to defend with midfielders to not get outnumbered, and they usually let the AI defend especially with the center backs. Imagine your opponent making a direct pass from the midfield to a striker. What do you do, A - track back with a midfielder and then apply pressure or B - switch to the closest defender in front of the striker and actively put pressure? The vast majority of people who are good in this game will go for option A. However I've changed from A to B and it has done wonders for me.

I literally went from finishing in Elite 2 and 3 respectively to having a record of 31-2 by the end of this weekend, but choking shortly after partially because it was 5am on monday and I was so tired, but I made Elite 1 anyway. Finished on 34-4. Huge difference.

It's quite simple. Whenever your opponent is on the ball in your own half (or even his half) make sure you control the closest player to your opponent who is in front of him (between him and your own goal). The reason this works is because people are used to their opponents letting the AI defend. The AI doesn't go for a tackle straight away which means that they have time on the ball to turn etc. If you always switch to the closest player in front of your opponent and put pressure and attempt tackles you're going to win the ball so more often and much quicker.

Last edited:
Was having a gander at the champions channel, decided to check out @Eddy_JukeZ's games, in one of them he's 2-1 up, his Eric Bailly has the ball in his own box, and for some reason De Gea comes running in behind him, dispossessing him by tackling from behind, and allowing the oppo's Deulofeu to score. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I believe I remember that game.

I too was fuming.

Was 13-1-0 before this, but just lost my first two games, and they were both one after another. Went 2-0 up in both, then shat the bed and lost 3-2. For some reason I always concede immediately after going 2-0 up, it's just the law apparently.

And is it me or are refs really lenient this year? Seems people can do anything to get you off the ball and there's not a thing you can do about it.

I've officially figured out defending. The main reason why I in the previous weekend went from finishing in Elite 3 to almost making top 100 is because I completely changed the way I defend.

Most people prefer to defend with midfielders to not get outnumbered, and they usually let the AI defend especially with the center backs. Imagine your opponent making a direct pass from the midfield to a striker. What do you do, A - track back with a midfielder and then apply pressure or B - switch to the closest defender in front of the striker and actively put pressure? The vast majority of people who are good in this game will go for option A. However I've changed from A to B and it has done wonders for me.

I literally went from finishing in Elite 2 and 3 respectively to having a record of 31-2 by the end of this weekend, but choking shortly after partially because it was 5am on monday and I was so tired, but I made Elite 1 anyway. Finished on 34-4. Huge difference.

It's quite simple. Whenever your opponent is on the ball in your own half (or even his half) make sure you control the closest player to your opponent who is in front of him (between him and your own goal). The reason this works is because people are used to their opponents letting the AI defend. The AI doesn't go for a tackle straight away which means that they have time on the ball to turn etc. If you always switch to the closest player in front of your opponent and put pressure and attempt tackles you're going to win the ball so more often and much quicker.

Yeah I'm playing more of the option A method lol. I've tried controlling the closest player to the opponent and find it works sometimes but against the better players I just get found out. Most of the better players I've come up against they use the closest player to defend method so it's definitely the most effective way to defend. When you're defending with the closest player do you just hold X to contain them? or do you run close to them and then hold L2 to jockey them and press O when you see an opportunity to win the ball or to intercept when they're passing it?

Was 13-1-0 before this, but just lost my first two games, and they were both one after another. Went 2-0 up in both, then shat the bed and lost 3-2. For some reason I always concede immediately after going 2-0 up, it's just the law apparently.

And is it me or are refs really lenient this year? Seems people can do anything to get you off the ball and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Wow, i have the complete opposite opinion on the refs this year. They seem super strict to me. I've been trying to play a big more aggressively lately. Nothing crazy, no slide tackles really, just conservative and trying to ease people off the ball and the refs will blow for anything.

I find them way more strict than in any other Fifa game, personally.

Thats the type of shit that happens playing the computer on legendary/ultimate. You can even sense the shift in games as it decides to hamper you.

Just did the gold upgrade SBC, and in two separate packs I got Mane and Willian. I know they are untradeable but still - top players going into my PL team.

I'm rocking the 4-1-2-1-2 formation:

Cech

Aurier Bailly Rudiger Rose

Matic

Sterling Son

Ozil

Jesus Costa​

It's a heck of a team to be fair with the right tactics. My back ups consist of:

Coleman, Smalling, Cahill, Shaw
Gueye, Fernandinho
Pedro, B.Silva, Willian, Mane, Sane,
Alli,
Batschuayi and Timo Werner who I bring on as a sub in almost all of my matches around 70th minute​

I'd love to make a Bundesliga/PL hybrid that combines both Jesus and Werner but I'm struggling in the midfield area.

So I had 3 games left in div 3, on 15 points, one win for promotion, two for title. I come up against a PTB wanker, game finishes 0-0, no bother, I just win my next one. Nopeee. The game disregarded my other two games and awarded me 6k for staying up.

Then got booted from FUT due to traffic. Coonts.

Heaton/Foster

King Hernandez

Put Welbeck as the left ST and just attack down the left, we may find the odd goal with depay's crossing and Welbeck's height.

Otherwise as mentioned by others - No good!

Was thinking of a former Premier League team though.

I was one win away from Division 3 and I've somehow lost any ounce of ability I had and I'm now all the way back down to Division 7. Same team, same tactics. Baffling.

Put Welbeck as the left ST and just attack down the left, we may find the odd goal with depay's crossing and Welbeck's height.

Otherwise as mentioned by others - No good!

Was thinking of a former Premier League team though.

Did this last year towards the end when had loads of coins and players were cheaper ended up with

Schmeichel (Legend)

Neville Ferdinand Blanc Evra

Keane Pogba

Ronaldo Larsson Giggs

Solskjaer RvN

Was saving for Scholes but just gave up in the end

I was one win away from Division 3 and I've somehow lost any ounce of ability I had and I'm now all the way back down to Division 7. Same team, same tactics. Baffling.
Same thing happened to me. Strolled to division 4 winning every division, then hit a wall where i can barely win a game.

I want, no, need that IF Handanovic
I often find goalkeeper stats to be misleading. I've tested both Perin and De Gea for >40 games and Perin is honestly better. He's absolutely insane. I use him with the glove chem style. Chemistry styles tend to effect goalkeepers a lot i.e a keeper can go from shit to great with a change of chemistry style.

Anyway, the youtube channel Hitman89 has great gk reviews.

I really do feel confident against the CPU on legendary. I concede the odd goal, but overall, I am happy with where I am.
Scoring though, I really don't get it, I just cannot find the gaps. I know what I am doing wrong, but I can't change it :lol: I try and play the game as if it was real life, passing until I spot a mistake or a gap, but what I realise is you just need to hit through ball when on the edge of the box and it will some how cut you open.