Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

This will be my team once I've done the final two squad builder challenges. Rui Costa looks tasty as hell.

tRRjMpo.jpg

I've officially figured out defending. The main reason why I in the previous weekend went from finishing in Elite 3 to almost making top 100 is because I completely changed the way I defend.

Most people prefer to defend with midfielders to not get outnumbered, and they usually let the AI defend especially with the center backs. Imagine your opponent making a direct pass from the midfield to a striker. What do you do, A - track back with a midfielder and then apply pressure or B - switch to the closest defender in front of the striker and actively put pressure? The vast majority of people who are good in this game will go for option A. However I've changed from A to B and it has done wonders for me.

I literally went from finishing in Elite 2 and 3 respectively to having a record of 31-2 by the end of this weekend, but choking shortly after partially because it was 5am on monday and I was so tired, but I made Elite 1 anyway. Finished on 34-4. Huge difference.

It's quite simple. Whenever your opponent is on the ball in your own half (or even his half) make sure you control the closest player to your opponent who is in front of him (between him and your own goal). The reason this works is because people are used to their opponents letting the AI defend. The AI doesn't go for a tackle straight away which means that they have time on the ball to turn etc. If you always switch to the closest player in front of your opponent and put pressure and attempt tackles you're going to win the ball so more often and much quicker.
That's all fine and dandy as long as off the ball runners are being picked up by the AI, which is very rare. You can't trust your own defenders to do shit tbh, so I'm always more inclined to make sure all the oppo's attackers are being picked up and runs being followed, at which stage you can pressure the ball with the closest player.

Most decent players will simply just pass the ball as soon as they receive it and play around you if you apply high manual pressure

That's all fine and dandy as long as off the ball runners are being picked up by the AI, which is very rare. You can't trust your own defenders to do shit tbh, so I'm always more inclined to make sure all the oppo's attackers are being picked up and runs being followed, at which stage you can pressure the ball with the closest player.

Most decent players will simply just pass the ball as soon as they receive it and play around you if you apply high manual pressure
The AI follows the off the ball runs from my opponents perfectly fine since the patch.

Did this last year towards the end when had loads of coins and players were cheaper ended up with

Schmeichel (Legend)

Neville Ferdinand Blanc Evra

Keane Pogba

Ronaldo Larsson Giggs

Solskjaer RvN

Was saving for Scholes but just gave up in the end

That is a solid team!

Must have picked up a few wins with that?

I was one win away from Division 3 and I've somehow lost any ounce of ability I had and I'm now all the way back down to Division 7. Same team, same tactics. Baffling.
Won 6 out of 6 today... :lol:

Lost 5-2 to the feckin' comptuter earlier. On professional as well, just could not defend to save my life. Still 18-1-3, so can't moan too much.

Currently having a lot of success with Dybala, Higuin and nainggolan as my front 3. Nainggolan is an amazing CAM.

Anyone used TOTW Batshuayi yet? Looks a decent card, thinking of replacing Diego Costa with him.

Sitting just a few hundred points behind elite 3 this week in squad battles despite missing a day. Hopefully can have some nice teams tomorrow so can largely avoid the weekend grind and chill out in gold 1.

A PS4/FUT related query:
So I notice that 500 FUT points (not coins) have been added to my account. I checked my PSN transaction history and it shows a transaction of INR 0 for a PSN Network card and a INR 0 transaction for the 500 FUT points. Has anyone else ever had got FUT points for free basically? Should I be reporting it to PSN/EA?

A PS4/FUT related query:
So I notice that 500 FUT points (not coins) have been added to my account. I checked my PSN transaction history and it shows a transaction of INR 0 for a PSN Network card and a INR 0 transaction for the 500 FUT points. Has anyone else ever had got FUT points for free basically? Should I be reporting it to PSN/EA?
Never happened to me. Why on earth would you report it to EA? If you found a tenner on the ground would you give it to the police?

Decided to take a break from online. Just got relegated to division 8 after an amazing strike of losses. I don't seem to win anymore, so I decided to take a break, sell half of my team and build a better one.

Never happened to me. Why on earth would you report it to EA? If you found a tenner on the ground would you give it to the police?
Because it shouldn't be there!

Sitting just a few hundred points behind elite 3 this week in squad battles despite missing a day. Hopefully can have some nice teams tomorrow so can largely avoid the weekend grind and chill out in gold 1.

Spend them as long as they are there

Replied to the wrong post
@anant

A PS4/FUT related query:

You lucky.

Why this never happens to me ? :lol:

You lucky.

Why this never happens to me ? :lol:
Nothing lucky. Got shit scared for a moment- checked my bank balance to check if any amount had been deducted and later delinked my debit card to my PSN id just because it feels like some security flaw on their end rather than a mess up

Still ain’t got no packs. Can see my rank for last weekend and that I’m qualified just. Usually get the little your rewards are available header.

Nothing lucky. Got shit scared for a moment- checked my bank balance to check if any amount had been deducted and later delinked my debit card to my PSN id just because it feels like some security flaw on their end rather than a mess up

As long as you didn't find any problem, I'll call you a lucky one. :D

I'd rather have Gabriel Jesus. Batshuayi doesn't look too bad, but definitely not worth 50k.
Got him already mate so looking for a partner. Been using Costa who's been a bit hit and miss so going to try Batshuayi tonight for a few games and see how I get on.

I've currently got this.
16Pbwps.jpg

IMG_1639.png

Is the bottom one worth the upgrade? I've had the team for ages now and it's worth nowhere near what I paid (Mbappe has lost around 70k :lol:) so fancied changing it up.

Last edited:
Why can’t they just make mendy a rare gold. It’s not like he’s a popular pack pull

First 100k pack got IF Hilton, goes for discard so I jept him for future SBC's.

Second pack I got N'Golo Kante! Van Dijk and Herrera were also in second pack. I've got pretty fecking lucky in regards to pack pulls this, it enabled me to build and mental four league hybrid which is orgasmic to play with.

Look at that midfield three. :drool:

SIF Kimmich is a steal at 50k or so. His pace lets him down playing RB/LB so I use him as a super sub in the MF. Insane stats.

Went on a losing streak last night where I honestly questioned whether or not I had a brain injury.

Then I'm finally winning a game and it cuts out on 75 minutes. :mad: Which reminds me, is there a more obviously bullshit phrase in life than "we will assess the match report to see who won"?

Anyone used IF Icardi or IF Immobile?

Neither seem amazing but quite cheap. Not a massive fan of lumpy strikers though.