Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Can everyone post their teams and explain who their best player is and why? Just curious.

IMG_1541.png

It's hard to pick the strongest player, but I think it would have to be Ibra. He's handy to play a ball up to, he can keep it under pressure and play quick and deft passes with great vision, as well as being a hell of a finisher and having great attacking movement.

27-2. Want to go to bed, but I have to play the 11 games. fecking hell it's tough. Would never do it if it wasn't for my record being so good.

30-2. 8 games left and if I win them all then I'm in top 100.

Edit: Lost. Elite 1 it is

Last edited:
I might steal your backline, you really get ripped off with a PL backline compared to Serie A quality

Did a few of the 2 player sbcs last night, in about 15 packs I pulled the following:

Insigne
Koulibaly
Manolas
Smalling
Gueye

Almost like they want me to make a PL/Serie A hybrid

I might steal your backline, you really get ripped off with a PL backline compared to Serie A quality
Barzagli, Benatia and Perin are so good. Probably the best defensive trio I’ve ever had which is quite insane considering that they cost me 17.100 in total. Significantly better than Bailly, Van Dijk and De Gea who I paid so much more for.

http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1108729/

This is probably the team I’m going to have in the near future. I think I’m eventually going to replace Saul with midfielder Blanc and possibly Dembele with Bale when I get the coins.

Saul is so good for what he costs. I only replaced him as I had an untradeable Casemiro. Bit the bullet now and replaced him with Modric so I can put Casemiro into a high rated sbc

Saul is so good for what he costs. I only replaced him as I had an untradeable Casemiro. Bit the bullet now and replaced him with Modric so I can put Casemiro into a high rated sbc
He’s quite simply a great midfielder. Perfect workrates (I have him and Matuidi on staying behind and Isco on going forward), very good passing, great ball winner. Very similar to last years Kante, though his passing is undoubtedly better. I’ve struck gold with him and Isco. Wasn’t sure about how they’d perform. They have really surprised me. In fact, most of my team has, which is evident by the fact that I almost made top 100. The weakest point in the team is obviously Correa, but even he has been good for me.

Last edited:
He’s quite simply a great midfielder. Perfect workrates (I have him and Matuidi on staying behind and Isco on going forward), very good passing, great ball winner. Very similar to last years Kante, though his passing is undoubtedly better. I’ve struck gold with him and Isco. Wasn’t sure about how they’d perform. They have really surprised me. In fact, most of my team has, which is evident by the fact that I almost made top 100. The weakest point in the team is obviously Correa, but even he has been good for me.

Yeah suprised you haven't changed for Ben Yedder or Gameiro

Started getting into FUT again after a bit of a break from it last year. Personally i prefer playing seasons over FUT, but it can be quite fun.

Anyway, do people on here use custom tactics a lot? If so, any recommendations.

I'm currently using a 4321 formation. Prefer to play counter attack when possible. So any pointers??

If Icardi Aubameyang
Gomez
If Brozovic Khedira Goretzka
Dalbert Koulibaly Manolas Weiser
Perin

Griezmann Martial
Pogba
Isco Bakayoko Herrera
Gaya Umtiti Sanchez Aurier
Asenjo​

The 2 teams I have now. Will probably get 2if Kimmich for weiser, if ghoulam for dalbert, then alba, varane, bailly and valencia for that back 4 in the second team as the coins build up. Or just get bored of the teams and change them again.

Next weekend will probably just do enough for gold 3, or the 12 wins I need for gold 2 monthly, then take a few weeks off the WL and hope for the best in my monthly rewards and build off those.

Yeah suprised you haven't changed for Ben Yedder or Gameiro
I had Ben Yedder but he was awful for me so I switched to Correa. Didn’t go for Gameiro as he only has 3* weak foot and 11 less dribbling. I dribble a lot with my striker so their dribbling stat is key.

Would you mind letting me know how Modric performs for you compared to Saul? I have my LCM on staying behind while attacking so their shooting doesn’t matter that much.

Started getting into FUT again after a bit of a break from it last year. Personally i prefer playing seasons over FUT, but it can be quite fun.

Anyway, do people on here use custom tactics a lot? If so, any recommendations.

I'm currently using a 4321 formation. Prefer to play counter attack when possible. So any pointers??
4-3-2-1 isn’t very good for counter attacking. It’s a great formation, but only if you press really high imo. The lack of a defensive midfielder makes it quite poor defensively compared to say 4-1-2-1-2 narrow or 4-2-3-1(2). I use 4-3-2-1 with around 65 in pressing and aggression in custom tactics.

If Icardi Aubameyang
Gomez
Perin

Griezmann Martial
Pogba
Isco Bakayoko Herrera
Asenjo​

The 2 teams I have now. Will probably get 2if Kimmich for weiser, if ghoulam for dalbert, then alba, varane, bailly and valencia for that back 4 in the second team as the coins build up. Or just get bored of the teams and change them again.

Next weekend will probably just do enough for gold 3, or the 12 wins I need for gold 2 monthly, then take a few weeks off the WL and hope for the best in my monthly rewards and build off those.
How are Koulibaly and Manolas?

How are Koulibaly and Manolas?
Love them as a pairing. Both fast, strong and really tall, especially koulibaly who also seems wider then most defenders and gets in front of everything. Had them all of 17 as well, no need to ever change them and I dont feel like anyone would be an upgrade.

If Icardi Aubameyang
Gomez
Perin

Griezmann Martial
Pogba
Isco Bakayoko Herrera
Asenjo​

Nice. :drool:

Griezmann is so good. Surprisingly great at holding the ball up also.

4-3-2-1 isn’t very good for counter attacking. It’s a great formation, but only if you press really high imo. The lack of a defensive midfielder makes it quite poor defensively compared to say 4-1-2-1-2 narrow or 4-2-3-1(2). I use 4-3-2-1 with around 65 in pressing and aggression in custom tactics.

Ah, right, cool. I'll experiment with the 4-1-2-1-2. I don't do high pressing too much just because I'm not confident in my defending at the moment. Just easing back into things, so thought the counter attack would be a better option at the moment.

I've tried a 5 at the back to varying degrees of success. The trouble is, when i come up against others who play counter attack, it's so hard to combat. Constantly getting caught on the break is so annoying.

Jesus is the only decent one.
22687571_860761840755779_4672377414691338661_n.jpg
Martial for Morata, Alli for Özil, change to 4-1-2-1-2(narrow), get in two CMs of your choice ahead of Bakayoko (Dembele and Herrera perhaps?), replace Hernandez with Shaw or Rose, change your CBs to Bailly and Luiz or Van Dijk, change Edersons chemistry style to cat.

Packed a few decent players in the last few hours from doing SBC's nothing of worth from the Halloween ones though got coutinho untradeable from the gold upgrade and Willian from the beskitas sbc

Did one of those halloween sbc's for 2k that gives you a rare gold pack, got Nainggolan! Get in

I got Ribery, think he goes up to 92. Weekend league should be slightly better