Gaming FIFA 16

Thanks. So if you 'train' them - do they not get match experience (and thus skill improvement) whilst they are training then? Don't like the sound of this myself - if I wanted in depth, I'd play football manager.

Nope, they still grow normally. You only have 5 slots to train per week, so there is very limited training you can do, but any growth is on top of the normal growth rate experienced in previous versions of FIFA.

Anyway, figured out the answer to my own question, the light green bar is simply the maximum potential increase from the training (the amount increased at full score).

Just had a few goes of Kick Off, while the rest of the game is installing.

Quite like it, the passing is good, and not as difficult as I expected reading here. Not too sure about the shooting yet, feels a little weak and clunky, might just have to tweak the speed of the power bar up a touch.

Through balls are quite hard to pick, but well placed ones can be devastating, really like that.

Pace, has definitely been hit hard, perhaps a touch too much, but I've been finding moments I can still torch defenders with the likes of Ibarbo, even if it doesn't look that quick.

Defending is difficult too, but then I've always majorly sucked at defending.

Draft mode is quite fun. Playing single player on Professional as I'm confident I can win every game and I'd like to build up coins and packs for my overall team. One of the best ideas EA have had in a long time.

Have a good squad with Ronaldo and others but my favourite player has been Bakalli so far, could be worth looking at for silver squads or La Liga teams.

Draft mode is quite fun. Playing single player on Professional as I'm confident I can win every game and I'd like to build up coins and packs for my overall team. One of the best ideas EA have had in a long time.

Have a good squad with Ronaldo and others but my favourite player has been Bakalli so far, could be worth looking at for silver squads or La Liga teams.

Hilarious. Immediately after praising the Draft Mode Ea decide to do something silly.

A joke. I was already 3-2 down but that killed the game from there.

It wasn't the only irritating thing to happen though. I played 3 or 3.5 star teams until the Final where i'm suddenly against Argentina which is inconsistent to say the least - either pit me against good teams throughout or gradually build up rather than let me annihilate teams. Professional definitely feels a bit harder than it used to though.

Probably shouldn't complain much as they did give me In Form Musa in one of the reward packs.

Got to give EA credit (never thought I would say that). The graphics look incredible. A big step up from the last game.

Hilarious. Immediately after praising the Draft Mode Ea decide to do something silly.

A joke. I was already 3-2 down but that killed the game from there.

It wasn't the only irritating thing to happen though. I played 3 or 3.5 star teams until the Final where i'm suddenly against Argentina which is inconsistent to say the least - either pit me against good teams throughout or gradually build up rather than let me annihilate teams. Professional definitely feels a bit harder than it used to though.

Probably shouldn't complain much as they did give me In Form Musa in one of the reward packs.

I conceded a goal from a completely harmless cross: my keeper catches it, but somehow the leg of a slide tackling attacker gets stuck between his lag and he gets dragged behind the line for an own goal.. :wenger:
But goals like that seem to be the exception.

Nah, that's not true at all.

I've always had incredibly bad luck with packs, so I don't really bother with them anymore, and I've been able to build up a decent 4.5 star team on full chemistry having only played the free FUT draft token (and lost in the first game). Quick sold all cards, was able to use the 5/6k coins I got to purchase a full La Liga squad.

The main thing to remember with FUT - it's all about team chemistry.

In fact, I can actually see bagging a star player at the beginning ruining the game mode, as you are pretty much gifted a top notch squad rather than having to earn it by getting coins from season promotions/winning tournaments.

I also like going into all games as the under-dog with the worse squad. Always makes me concentrate more.
Depends on how you like to play the game mode. I've always had star players in the previous versions due to spending a lot of money on packs/buying coins. I'm not going to go crazy this year and I'll probably play my way up as most people do. I've already got a ~60-70k BPL team but I'm not enjoying it as much as I will when I eventually get some of the best players in my team.

Depends on how you like to play the game mode. I've always had star players in the previous versions due to spending a lot of money on packs/buying coins. I'm not going to go crazy this year and I'll probably play my way up as most people do. I've already got a ~60-70k BPL team but I'm not enjoying it as much as I will when I eventually get some of the best players in my team.

Yeah, I've never spent a penny of my own money on the FUT market.

So what's up with the people who quit at the start of the game? Is it about resetting squad fitness or what is the deal here?

Sitting here at work I have decided to play with United in online modes today. Narrow 433 might actually work - Depay and Mata as withdrawn forwards, Martial up front, behind them Herrera, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

Just got my copy - I know 'why' Jordan Henderson is on the cover....but feck me EA....looks hilarious!

Use the loan players from the easfc catalogue... Rondon is incredible!!

They have the perfect balance between pace, passing and physical attributes this year. Pace can still get you, but you have to use the right stick push thing to clear the ball ahead of your player to make the most of it, theres no more close control dribbling at 100mph and just running through a whole team.

Players like Iniesta, Silva, Ozil etc are going to be a lot more dangerous this year than they have been previously, and possession with patience is going to be key. First few games i played similar to how i ended up during 15, counter attacking style, always looking for forward passing and it just gets cut short fast. Started slowing it down, more intelligent passing, small triangles and even going backwards and cross field when i need to... possession has increased to the high 50s/low 60s, and i am scoring more goals as well. Its all about the philosophy this year

Use the loan players from the easfc catalogue... Rondon is incredible!!

They have the perfect balance between pace, passing and physical attributes this year. Pace can still get you, but you have to use the right stick push thing to clear the ball ahead of your player to make the most of it, theres no more close control dribbling at 100mph and just running through a whole team.

Players like Iniesta, Silva, Ozil etc are going to be a lot more dangerous this year than they have been previously, and possession with patience is going to be key. First few games i played similar to how i ended up during 15, counter attacking style, always looking for forward passing and it just gets cut short fast. Started slowing it down, more intelligent passing, small triangles and even going backwards and cross field when i need to... possession has increased to the high 50s/low 60s, and i am scoring more goals as well. Its all about the philosophy this year

Playing this like FIFA 15 is pointless, I agree. It's very difficult to make quick transition from defence to attack unless your team is specifically crafted to do this (like Dortmund are). With teams like United, Chelsea or Juventus you have to pass the ball around and be patient. I prefer it this way, I usually try to pass the ball around and only shoot when I have a good opportunity. Like West Brom game I won yesterday, I had only 4 attempts on goal but scored 2 goals with them and won the game despite having much fewer attempts than the opposition. Actually I think I've only had 2-3 games where I had more shots on goal so far.

United should be perfect for grinding out 1-0 wins with Schweinsteiger, Herrera and Schneiderlin in midfield. Blind is also a perfect FIFA defender this year, great at passing, agile. I will try today.

I think it's shit. My record on H2H last season was very good. Went something like 7 games without a win after winning my first 10. The players dribbling like utter morons. It's clumsy as feck and it's just boring. The no touch dribbling is absolute garbage and makes the players look like there having some sort of fit. Could make the worst video game of the year and it's still sell stupid numbers because of Ultimate Team and the little kids that pay over and over for it. Oh and about 2 penalties every match :lol:

Last edited:
Played one game on Seasons so far, and got twatted 0-4 by Arsenal. Trying to play it like FIFA 15, but I think you have to be much more precise with your passing in this version.

Quite depressing, as well, that one of the bigger selling points of this game is that it has bespoke goal celebrations.

That's basically the death of football, and the triumph of marketing.

Depay's face is very badly done. So annoying FIFA never does the deadline day transfers, what is the reason for that?

Depay's face is very badly done. So annoying FIFA never does the deadline day transfers, what is the reason for that?
Looks nothing like him, really annoying actually. Both him and Martial. Weird thing is we announced Memphis back in May I think. No idea why he doesn't have a good face.

Is it just me or is change player awful this time round? Several times i have been trying to defend and tapping L1 to get a different centre back or full back and it just refuses to change, so much so i am left horrifically exposed when it's too late.

Also, R1 (ps4) and passing - this is now some powered pass and not a trick pass? Is this a new form of through ball or something because using it for a short pass results in an awful first touch of the receiving player every time.

Is it just me or is change player awful this time round? Several times i have been trying to defend and tapping L1 to get a different centre back or full back and it just refuses to change, so much so i am left horrifically exposed when it's too late.

Also, R1 (ps4) and passing - this is now some powered pass and not a trick pass? Is this a new form of through ball or something because using it for a short pass results in an awful first touch of the receiving player every time.
I find the right stick much better than L1 in the wee demo bit that's made available while downloading.

I find the right stick much better than L1 in the wee demo bit that's made available while downloading.

I never have much joy with the right stick. It is much more responsive but half the time I end up switching to the wrong fecking player. :lol:

I never have much joy with the right stick. It is much more responsive but half the time I end up switching to the wrong fecking player. :lol:
I only flick the right stick when im in space, if a defender is approaching and i use it the player alllllwwaayys stops short in his sprint and nudges the ball like 90 degrees and loses the ball.

Crazy prices on FUT. Just watching a Rojo at 10k. Couple of weeks I bet he will be no more than 3k.

The ratings are a bit of a joke as well, Smalling will never be above 79 will he? Shaw is very low as well.

Crazy prices on FUT. Just watching a Rojo at 10k. Couple of weeks I bet he will be no more than 3k.
Loads of average players are 20k+ already. Packed Aubameyang straight away and he's worth 60k ffs.

The ratings are a bit of a joke as well, Smalling will never be above 79 will he? Shaw is very low as well.

Its ridiculous. Apparently Shaw and Smalling are our worst defenders :lol:

Trying to create my ultimate team and it keeps saying I'm using a censored word

I'm trying to call it Goring United

Trying to create my ultimate team and it keeps saying I'm using a censored word

I'm trying to call it Goring United

Göring was a nazi leader so probably that, feck knows what else it could be if not.

The passing in this years version is atrocious. I swear to fecking god game to game you play your usual stuff sometimes it's spot on, others you can barely pass it 5 yards without it passing to the wrong intended target.

It's typically much faster paced than the actual game.

Faster is worse for me, especially on a thing like UT then. IT's a shame they can't sort that out and add manual filters on that for match making

The passing in this years version is atrocious. I swear to fecking god game to game you play your usual stuff sometimes it's spot on, others you can barely pass it 5 yards without it passing to the wrong intended target.

Play manual to avoid it