Gaming FIFA 16

Gameplay is fantastic but referees are unfortunately extremely broken. All collisions in the box are called penalties :( they need to fix it quickly.

Managed to sell Kompany and Mangala (who I bought for a combined 19k) for 47k and 15.5k respectively, happy with that. Still got a Kagawa to sell, hoping that'll be enough to buy me an IF Martial :drool:

Gameplay is fantastic but referees are unfortunately extremely broken. All collisions in the box are called penalties :( they need to fix it quickly.

I keep giving penalties away against the AI in world class difficulty. Have lost a few games by a single goal because of this.

Seems like the extra $10 for the deluxe edition was a waste of money. Got a single rare player from two premium gold packs this week. Jose Bosingwa :mad:

I keep giving penalties away against the AI in world class difficulty. Have lost a few games by a single goal because of this.

I basically lost promotion to division 7 in online because of this. Conceded 3 penalties and a red card in one game because the other player knew the loop. Fortunately not many players exploit that at the minute and I even played against someone who deliberately skied a penalty they did not deserve which was very respectable.

Still loving this so far. It can get a bit messy online at times but it's significant improvement over 15. I tested 10 different teams in my first online season and so far I like Atletico the most, PSG and Chelsea are fun as well, Palace are good but lack a finisher, Inter is decent, United are poor and have to play against top guns, Dortmund and Juventus I need more time with and preferably not versus Bayern and Real Madrid. This year you need to pay a lot of attention to quality of your midfield, passing is the most important factor. I couldn't string 3 passes together with Roma and Sevilla because their midfield wasn't functioning.

I would be in for sure... Last year I started off well and then fecked up in the first knockout game

Yes me too. Tried to join last year but was too late, so I looked here the moment I bought the game this time.

Good luck with your games this year!

This year it looks like PES will be the game to rack up 5-5 scorelines in online while FIFA sits pretty on 1-0 tactical battles.

Idk about FIFA but I've played over 30 matches of PES so far (against AI) and majority of them are 1-0 tight games.

Played three games, one UT, two against the AI and if those matches are anything to go by, then it's head and shoulders above FIFA 15. The slower pace lends to the game feeling more organic, less scripted, the AI CPU (world class) will make mistakes, take bad touches, change the way they play if one option isn't working for them etc, the PvP match felt fair from the get go and was really intense, no bullshit.

Now lets hope they don't mess with the formula. Bar the weak referring decisions. Gave away two penos in my opening game for absolutely nothing.

Are you saying this because you are trolling for reactions?

Definitely not trolling. Its strange to see a women on the cover. There are plenty of famous footballers now on the MLS. Guessing that the US winning the WC and female teams on the game has resulted in this.

Fortunately not many players exploit that at the minute and I even played against someone who deliberately skied a penalty they did not deserve which was very respectable.

God bless him. Thanks for the team descriptions on seasons. I myself have mostly played drop ins in pro club until now.

Idk about FIFA but I've played over 30 matches of PES so far (against AI) and majority of them are 1-0 tight games.
Against AI even FIFA 15 could have been played to be 1-0 grinds. Online is a better benchmark.

God bless him. Thanks for the team descriptions on seasons. I myself have mostly played drop ins in pro club until now.

Sure, I like testing teams in online. I will spend 2-3 seasons doing that now before I move on to my usual habit where I pick one team for the entire season and try to play all 10 games with one side, then switch over to another team in the following season (creates a certain bond with the team you're playing). I'll probably try to move up to Division 7 now with either Atletico or Chelsea, though I reckon I prefer Atletico - their midfield is compact, Tiago and Gabi offer protection while Koke's passing is downright terrific and their front three is very pacey and agile, also very solid defensively with Godin and Savic and good full backs.

BTW even parking the bus is sort of fun. I took Sevilla in my decisive game and had Arsenal at Emirates, I scored from a corner in the first half but was otherwise barely able to cross halfway line because Arsenal were just much better than me. I decided to go into second half with two defensive midfiedlers sitting deep and rely on counter attacks. I held out until 82th minute when Cazorla curled a well weighted shot into the top corner. I went all out and lost 2-1 in the end but sitting deep and trying to hit them on the counter was a new experience for me.

I don't know if PS4 and PC versions differ here, but I didn't have that impression at all. If you carelessly crash into an opponent you're likely to give away a penalty, but I have yet to concede a penalty where I didn't feel like it was my fault for being too impatient.

BTW even parking the bus is sort of fun. I took Sevilla in my decisive game and had Arsenal at Emirates, I scored from a corner in the first half but was otherwise barely able to cross halfway line because Arsenal were just much better than me. I decided to go into second half with two defensive midfiedlers sitting deep and rely on counter attacks. I held out until 82th minute when Cazorla curled a well weighted shot into the top corner. I went all out and lost 2-1 in the end but sitting deep and trying to hit them on the counter was a new experience for me.

That's what everyone will do once they figure out that it's almost impossible to outplay someone who is parking 7-8 players around his box when your players move like trucks.

I just met my first raging kid online. 40th minute he starts passing it around the back, then when he's convinced I'm afk he tried to play forward again to grab some free goals, when he realized I'm back he immediately passd it to his keeper again. Some people are so pathetic..

Last edited:
I don't know if PS4 and PC versions differ here, but I didn't have that impression at all. If you carelessly crash into an opponent you're likely to give away a penalty, but I have yet to concede a penalty where I didn't feel like it was my fault for being too impatient.

That's what everyone will do once they figure out that it's almost impossible to outplay someone who is parking 7-8 players around his box when your players move like trucks.

I just met my first raging kid online. 40th minute he starts passing it around the back, then when he's convinced I'm afk he tried to play forward again to grab some free goals, when he realized I'm back he immediately passd it to his keeper again. Some people are so pathetic..

:lol:

Have you ever played with someone you had suspicion lagged games on purpose? One of the players yesterday was that way, game was pristine when he had the ball and was on the move but once I got into his half it became unplayable somehow.

Have you ever played with someone you had suspicion lagged games on purpose? One of the players yesterday was that way, game was pristine when he had the ball and was on the move but once I got into his half it became unplayable somehow.
YES THIS. I always wondered but initially I thought it was impossible, but I guess it could be possible if people played on PC.

No, not really. I mean sometimes you wonder, but I think most of the time it's just because you notice delay waaaaay more when you're in possession.

Jackson Martinez is such a joy to play with. His record for me isn't even amazing, but nothing compares to pulling off roulette spins in the penalty box and then hammering a rocket under the crossbar with him.

Has anyone tried IF Guarin yet? How is he as #10? - 3*/3* and H/H bother me a bit, but his stats do look amazing.

Last edited:
So I'm leading 3-1 in the 80th minute and my opponent pauses the game, then I get kicked out of UT and the game counts as a loss and disconnect? What is this?

No, not really. I mean sometimes you wonder, but I think most of the time it's just because you notice delay waaaaay more when you're in possession.

Jackson Martinez is such a joy to play with. His record for me isn't even amazing, but nothing compares to pulling off roulette spins in the penalty box and then hammering a rocket under the crossbar with him.

Has anyone tried IF Guarin yet? How is he as #10? - 3*/3* and H/H bother me a bit, but his stats do look amazing.

Martinez dribbling is great because he uses power to blist past players at full pace and is really unstoppable. He didn't score in the game I played with Atletico but both goals were results of his power, spreading the ball to the wing and passing it to Koke who ran from deep.

Griezmann and Carrasco are perfect too. I think I'm going to be using 433 formation about 80% of time here, except at certain clubs like Dortmund or Chelsea where I will prefer 4231 because they suit football better. PSG and Atletico are the ultimate 433 teams for me. :drool:

United are pretty useless unfortunately. Good midfield and you can control possession easily because there are excellent passers in the team but there's not enough bite up front. Rooney is more or less useless, Mata on the wing doesn't work for me and Depay is my only attacking threat in seasons.

I will probably try using Chelsea, Bayern, Arsenal and some of the 4.5-star teams today (Milan, Bayer, Porto). The most efficient way to play online is however to find yourself a 4-star team and get used to them. I tried Palace and although wingers were incredible, there is no striker there who can win you games - don't even mention Wickham for now. I was amazed how much Zaha and Bolasie resembled their true selves though.

Excellent for career mode then? Shite playing it with teams that are too good.

Yes. The squad is too short and I skipped first transfer window for realism (fearing that it'd go all Pro Evolution Soccer and Palace would buy Robben while Newcastle beat Stoke for Iniesta signature) so it means I have virtually no forwards aside from Martial who's only a prospect (fun to play with though) and no good wingers aside from Depay.

Gonna have another go at Div 8 today though. 2-4-3 is my record so far.

Yes. The squad is too short and I skipped first transfer window for realism (fearing that it'd go all Pro Evolution Soccer and Palace would buy Robben while Newcastle beat Stoke for Iniesta signature) so it means I have virtually no forwards aside from Martial who's only a prospect (fun to play with though) and no good wingers aside from Depay.

Gonna have another go at Div 8 today though. 2-4-3 is my record so far.
Cracking, might have to have a go with them then, though I'll end up with Bradford in the end anyway.

Ya, I just visited Gamestop to check the release date and then I saw the price...:eek: €79.00 . Surely you must be getting a free prostitute along with that?
US psn store 55 euro

How do I go about buying from the US store lads? I know it's probably been asked before but will it affect my main gamertag, where will I get it the cheapest, and will I always have to be signed into the US account, etc.?

Oh, and can I play clubs with you lot please?

Absolutely livid now. Played brilliant tactical masterpiece with Atletico, leading 2-1 against City despite only having 3 shots to their 10, then my Internet disconnected (no fault on EA side, all my Internet devices went off at the same time). The game was treated as void though, fair enough.