Gaming FIFA 16

Just bought Bebe for my Ultimate Team. I aint fecking scared.

feck me La Liga players are expensive this year, Audriz for 1200?

All the major leagues seem expensive at the moment. Thats why I am getting players like Bebe :lol:

I am avoiding the Premier League like the plague till the prices settle down a bit. They are way over the top atm. (Kind of like real life).

All the major leagues seem expensive at the moment. Thats why I am getting players like Bebe :lol:

I am avoiding the Premier League like the plague till the prices settle down a bit. They are way over the top atm. (Kind of like real life).
I'm seeing players like Griezman going for 25k, Laporte for 11k. Hopefully it will calm down, because even with my coin boosts I'm struggling a bit.

After playing a good few online games I've come to the conclusion that I hate it.

- the constant fog annoys me, I get it every game no matter what stadium I use
- every player turns like a barge
- passes are So inconsistent players struggle to make a simple 5 yard pass at times
- literally every player has 99 interceptions
- dribbling is awful
- every tackle in the box is a penalty
- refs are as bad as ever
- shooting, like passing is hit or miss. Sometimes its like you're kicking a balloon other times it's like a dead weight.
- servers are completley fecked I've had about 7 disconnects which count as losses on my record

I know it's trying to be a football sim but there's no fun in this for me at all, it feels like a chore having to grind out a win.

It's always the FUT nerds having a moan about the gameplay because you're struggling to win a match.

It's a new game, try to adjust for fecks sake! it will probably take a few more days before things start to click, just bloody give it time.

No doubt EA will release a patch to please you FUT guys that will lead to players running around at full speed like they're on crack; bombing past defenders with easy.

You moan when it's too aracady and you moan when it's become more of a simulator.

You moan when EA make minor changes and you moan when they make major changes. What the feck?!

Was contemplating if I should buy some packs but thought that I would let the free pack you get when doing tasks decide. Any decent players and I'd buy some. I won't be buying any packs... It would be nice just once to get a player in a pack worth more than discard value.

Oh and can't play draft with my token, it says something is wrong with the store? And my coins keep changing, has anyone had the same problem?

Packs are fecked up. I got a jumbo premium pack for winning the single player draft. 26 cards and 7 rares. But none of the rares was a player and the best I got was Cleverly

I think Career mode has progressed and Ultimate Team has regressed from what I've played so far in terms of gameplay. That might be better though as online Ultimate Team might be interesting since you can't use the same tactics as we have seen in the past couple.

Packs are fecked up. I got a jumbo premium pack for winning the single player draft. 26 cards and 7 rares. But none of the rares was a player and the best I got was Cleverly

I lost the final in the single player draft, still got a jumbo pack and got In Form Musa. Packs are pure luck which is why I only start buying them after I have got a settled team. I think that I might just play drafts this year though instead of buying packs as you get to potentially play with good players plus get free packs at the end anyway.

I think this is the best FIFA since the World Cup game. Even against the AI I'm not raging in frustration. It plays wonderfully.

It's always the FUT nerds having a moan about the gameplay because you're struggling to win a match.

It's a new game, try to adjust for fecks sake! it will probably take a few more days before things start to click, just bloody give it time.

No doubt EA will release a patch to please you FUT guys that will lead to players running around at full speed like they're on crack; bombing past defenders with easy.

You moan when it's too aracady and you moan when it's become more of a simulator.

You moan when EA make minor changes and you moan when they make major changes. What the feck?!

The issue with the game is that the passing is broken, it is absolutely awful. They've added in (rightfully and I love it) that you struggle to pass when you cannot see the player you are passing too, which is fine. However, simple passes are being messed up all the time and players DO NOT COME TO THE BALL, they stand still and defenders run from about 15 yards behind them and get the ball every time. Your player is just stuck in a 1 foot zone that he cannot move from, it is a joke. I know many complain when a new FIFA comes out but this is a very poor game.

The issue with the game is that the passing is broken, it is absolutely awful. They've added in (rightfully and I love it) that you struggle to pass when you cannot see the player you are passing too, which is fine. However, simple passes are being messed up all the time and players DO NOT COME TO THE BALL, they stand still and defenders run from about 15 yards behind them and get the ball every time. Your player is just stuck in a 1 foot zone that he cannot move from, it is a joke. I know many complain when a new FIFA comes out but this is a very poor game.

It encourages you to think about the pass you're going to make, which I like. I've found the simple passes I've messed up to be mostly my own fault.

United players are so expensive! Thought I would buy some non rares to build my team. But Herrera is going for 3500. Even Carrick is 1000+.

Played two games on career with United. First impressions:
- United players' ratings are hilariously low
- Memphis and Lingard look identical
- It seems to really suit my playing style. I'm surprised how easy it is to pull defenders out of position, as the attackers' runs are much more intelligent.
- Not so keen on the shooting right now. Scored 5 in 2 games, but two of those were poor keeping, one was a penalty and one looked really unrealistic.
- Refereeing is abysmal. Not biased, but just massively inconsistent. Got a yellow for an innocuous trip in the first minute, then got the same punishment for wiping a defender out with a horrific late challenge which injured the guy and ultimately ended up with me scoring while he was still down injured.

To me there are two really important things when judging a football game. A) is the game rewarding the sense that the (much) better player will win the vast majority of games B) is the gameplay realistic. In terms of A) the older FIFAs were probably the best but I feel like '16 really struck a good balance between both.

I feel the dribbling might still be a big issue once people figure out the game, but aside from that most things seem bareable if you know how to play around them and in a way increase the skill requirements. What will probably be the worst thing is that long shoots are too strong and that keepers have a tendency to find your opponents players when they have to make a diving save.

Anyway: this is my current team: http://wefut.com/squad/904433 . Just bought it, so I haven't played a lot with it, but it feels really awesome. I'd obviously like to get one of the big wingers, but that probably won't happen. Not that happy with Vela, but I don't really have a lot of choices here. Maybe I'll try Ben Arfa tomorrow.

United players are so expensive! Thought I would buy some non rares to build my team. But Herrera is going for 3500. Even Carrick is 1000+.

The PL is always way overpriced, the other top leagues usually offer a lot more value. Serie A especially is full of bargains once the prices settle down a bit, EA have been overrating that league for years.

Last edited:
Tried downloading the iOS version for my 3rd Gen iPAD - doesn't work apparently. Guess it requires an iPAD upgrade, so i miss out.

Its ridiculous. Apparently Shaw and Smalling are our worst defenders :lol:

I don't remember but I think Smalling is 80 and Shaw is 77 - Djibouti or whatever the new Chelsea defender no one's ever heard of is called is rated at 78 :lol:

Had a terrible season in division 7 which resulted in straight relegation. Only won two games, one of which only thanks to a stoppage time penalty, I think division 7 is still a bit too strong for me due to a lot of players just receiving their copy today and climbing their way up. It'll be 1-2 weeks before everything settles and you won't have to play against absolute monsters.

I find it very difficult to create chances. I can knock the ball around well in midfield and I spread it out wide fine but the actual action in the box is always off.

I don't remember but I think Smalling is 80 and Shaw is 77 - Djibouti or whatever the new Chelsea defender no one's ever heard of is called is rated at 78 :lol:

OVRs only tell half the story, if you look at the ingame stats you see that Smalling has 85 stand tackle (that's very good, 86 rated Hummels oinly has two more), 81 slide tackle, 82 interceptions and 82 marking, while that Chelsea guy has 76 in interceptions and 75 in marking, which is really bad and 82 in stand tackles, 89 sliding tackle is pretty good though.

Full backs are often relatively low rated on fifa, even elite players only get into the low 80s, Alaba is the only exception I can remember with his 85 OVR, but he is complete as feck.

Had a terrible season in division 7 which resulted in straight relegation. Only won two games, one of which only thanks to a stoppage time penalty, I think division 7 is still a bit too strong for me due to a lot of players just receiving their copy today and climbing their way up. It'll be 1-2 weeks before everything settles and you won't have to play against absolute monsters.

I find it very difficult to create chances. I can knock the ball around well in midfield and I spread it out wide fine but the actual action in the box is always off.

The amount of 0-0s I've had and reduced to shooting from 25 yards is a joke

Losing in this game isn't as frustrating as it was in it's predecessors, despite using Ronaldo to completely annihilate Barcelona in the first exhibition match, I'm pretty much either drawing(0-0) or getting trashed, as i find that my sexy through balls aren't connecting and you have to actually put an effort into key passes. I generally play better when i push my players out wide though.

Currently have 7 players in UT on transfer delay, which is quite annoying, so I'm just going to stick with career mode for the next few weeks.

Customary career mode with Everton coming right up, tempted to break tradition and use West Ham this time around.

Dear, diary.....

I'm seeing players like Griezman going for 25k, Laporte for 11k. Hopefully it will calm down, because even with my coin boosts I'm struggling a bit.

It will do. Last night I pulled a Debuchy in a pack and sold him for 4k. I also got over 2k for fecking Kieran Trippier. :lol:

Its just all the new game hype. I am guessing cause everyone is playing the new game there is more people bidding so the prices rocket up. It will calm down in a couple weeks. It always does.

Agree, I'm looking at them and just wondering what the feck is going on. Last year you could build a half decent PL team for 10k or less. This year you are lucky to get 5 or 6 players of decent quality for that price.

Can't wait to play this. Bought it for £20! just waiting until tonight or tomorrow morning then I'm gonna unleash my Ashley Young online!

Been playing this for 4 days now and the more I play this, the more I really, really like it. I think EA have produced the best FIFA in quite a few years here.

Loving the slow build up, attempting to control the game. At last, games are won and lost in midfield, like they should be.

The CPU finally rewards you with patience in attack and defence.

Defending is actually quite enjoyable now, getting rewarded for getting your players in the correct positions; cutting off passing lanes, usually leads to interceptions - CPU seems to lock to the ball better than ever before. You will often be punished diving into challenges (however sliding tackles are still far too accurate), you need to square up your man, especially if they have good dribbling attributes, and wait for the right time to pounce for the ball, instead of the previous several years, where jockeying (holding A) just leads into really accurate tackles.

Crossing is still all over the place though. It may just be a case of needing to get used to the mechanism, but it's near bloody impossible to get it on the head of your striker. 50% of my crosses tend to go behind for a goal kick. What I do like about the crossing this year, you have to cross at the correct time to meet your attackers running into the box, if you cross too late, the player's velocity from the run has leads to them passing the target, the ball will go behind them, and being unable to recover.

I want their to be more skill involved in crossing and meeting the target in the box, not just a random equation for perfect crosses. It totally discourages players to use wingers to run down the sidelines, it makes the game too predictable, as 95% of players cut inside with their wide players.

I really hope they just keep the game as it is - no patches to fix the gameplay. Unless they plan to do something about the GK AI, but that's something FIFA just seem totally incapable of getting right - they fix one thing, then break another.

Gameplay is 8/10 so for me so far. That is quite the achievement as I would have marked FIFA 15 2/10 for gameplay, that's me being generous.

It's not broken. Stop playing blind passes, face the man you want to pass to and play with the correct power. Use the heavy pass (RB + A for Xbox) if needed.

It's not broken. Stop playing blind passes, face the man you want to pass to and play with the correct power. Use the heavy pass (RB + A for Xbox) if needed.

People are quick to claim something is broken, instead of figuring out how to adapt. I love the challenge of the new passing, it makes you think about what you're going to do very carefully, as you would on a pitch. I played a co-op tournament with my friend last night and neither of us found it to be a negative.