Gaming FIFA 16

Can someone please tell me how the feck you tackle in this game.

The new tackling mechanism is a joke :lol:

You jockey to play until they get in a dangerous goalscoring area, attempt the 'B' manual tackle and the defender aims for an imaginary entity and totally misses the ball, resulting in either the player getting fouled, or the attacker just skipping right by you.

Apparently EA have cut Rangers from FIFA 16.

Played this some more. Passing is an absolute mess. It seems impossible to fizz a ball through a midfield line to the striker. That is, even if the pass goes to the direction you aim.Defenders constantly cutting in front of the strikers when passing the ball is very annoying, the attackers seem to run away when your about to pass to them.

Shooting, fineese goals are back, not to mention every shot I take from outside the box goes out for a corner. Not matter what angle I'm at.

I'm not sure if there is a learning curve I'm frustrated it, but at the moment, its not that fun.

Played this some more. Passing is an absolute mess. It seems impossible to fizz a ball through a midfield line to the striker. That is, even if the pass goes to the direction you aim.Defenders constantly cutting in front of the strikers when passing the ball is very annoying, the attackers seem to run away when your about to pass to them.

Shooting, fineese goals are back, not to mention every shot I take from outside the box goes out for a corner. Not matter what angle I'm at.

I'm not sure if there is a learning curve I'm frustrated it, but at the moment, its not that fun.
They made a pass specifically for this? R1 and X?

I had no idea. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong Ha. What is it on alternate on Xbox anyone know?
Probably RB and A. It's a fast ground pass effectively, you have to weight it properly otherwise it'll be hard to control

Try manual

Does anyone know when the EA Access version of the game will unlock in full? Will it be the 24th like the rest of the UK or will we get it unlocked on the 22nd? Possibly a stupid question but it's my first year using access!

I find it very hard to control the game in the middle. It's hard to play it round in the middle due to lack of control and the dodgy passing, the passing seems to be much worse this year, the dribbling is very strange as well, as in the way the players turn.

There are some positives to it in terms of the movement of players, strikers being able to compete better for balls, CB's not allowing the ball to hit them and leave striker one-on-one, the keepers are much better (maybe too good).

Haven't played it yet but are lobbed through balls still ridiculously over-powered and the source of half of all goals?

I suppose it's difficult to say until you can get online to find out what the latest cnut-tricks are.

Delighted to here that the final game matches the demo in terms of speed of play. The slower paced footie games (see PES) are so much better than super ultra coked up footie games (see FIFA 15). Having to build up your play instead of giving it to Ronaldo and running AROUND THE FECKING OUTSIDE of everyone will make for a pleasant change.

Used 8 hours out of the 10 I have for early access and have been mostly playing Pro Clubs with a few mates... Nothing's been added but it's obviously a lot different with the gameplay changes. Find it especially hard to thread a decent through ball despite being an 85 rated CAM - though when you do pull one off it feels a lot more rewarding. The AI seems to have been improved in some areas but somehow has become even more stupid in other areas and it's hard to predict what they are going to do.

Used 8 hours out of the 10 I have for early access and have been mostly playing Pro Clubs with a few mates... Nothing's been added but it's obviously a lot different with the gameplay changes. Find it especially hard to thread a decent through ball despite being an 85 rated CAM - though when you do pull one off it feels a lot more rewarding. The AI seems to have been improved in some areas but somehow has become even more stupid in other areas and it's hard to predict what they are going to do.

FIFA 16: Faustino Asprilla edition.

Do the majority still create 4 ft midgets with green afros, whilst hogging the ball and trying to use skill moves constantly?

Try manual
Seconded. I've switched to semi-manual and it feels like a completely different game. I am fully aware of the fact that it's going to hold me back in online at first but once you learn how to pull it off it becomes so rewarding and simply much better experience. It might be the first time in years that I play career mode - I actually like difficulty levels this year, Professional seems spot on in terms of my current ability and with time I will probably move to World Class.

I might play assisted here and there in online though but I will try to limit this as much possible. Scoring a manual long range shot is so great.

I like it a lot this year. They've got pace of the game spot on so unless they once again cave in at the request of pissed off 14-year olds who cannot abuse L1 + triangle with long runs from Doumbia and Ibarbo then I can see myself playing this A LOT. Passing is the best it's ever been in a FIFA game actually and it makes sense to build up your play now.

Haven't played it yet but are lobbed through balls still ridiculously over-powered and the source of half of all goals?

I suppose it's difficult to say until you can get online to find out what the latest cnut-tricks are.

You'll be delighted to hear that the high through balls have been made far less effective. They are very often under powered, which gives your defender time to get back into position.

You basically have to be facing the player your playing ball to, with the correct power at the right moment in order to play a very successful lobbed through pass.

I'm enjoying the game so far, and that's coming from someone who thought FIFA 15 was the worst football game of all time.

FUT Draft is an awesome idea as well. Really fun being able to play with top class players from the beginning, however, one token to play the Draft costs 15,000 coins. It's very good for those who like to buy card packs, as even if you lose in the first game (which unfortunately was the case for myself), you still get 15,000 coins worth of card packs.

You'll be delighted to hear that the high through balls have been made far less effective. They are very often under powered, which gives your defender time to get back into position.

You basically have to be facing the player your playing ball to, with the correct power at the right moment in order to play a very successful lobbed through pass.

I'm enjoying the game so far, and that's coming from someone who thought FIFA 15 was the worst football game of all time.

FUT Draft is an awesome idea as well. Really fun being able to play with top class players from the beginning, however, one token to play the Draft costs 15,000 coins. It's very good for those who like to buy card packs, as even if you lose in the first game (which unfortunately was the case for myself), you still get 15,000 coins worth of card packs.

Indeed. I despised FIFA15 to bits because of overpowered lobbed through balls and insane pace of the game as well as heavy overreliance on pace. It's all been corrected in this year's edition and it actually feels good, especially after switching to semimanual which adds yet another dimension. I wonder how difficult it's going to be to keep good shape with semi in online though.

Hi guys

I know you can go to websites like sofifa and futhead to see player values... but where do you go to see how well they play in a certain position on career mode?

e.g. Rooney is rated 86, but play him outside of his ST position and his rating is obviously lower. I've forgotten where I used to be able to find this info - does anyone know?

I hope Galloway gets an upgrade soon. I want to play him and Stones at CB in career mode but he's only a 65 on UT and a LB.

I've played around 15 games on Ultimate Team already and I love it. Massive gameplay improvements from FIFA15 and I love the draft mode.

Do the majority still create 4 ft midgets with green afros, whilst hogging the ball and trying to use skill moves constantly?

For me, at the start I played a good few drop in matches, majority were passing fairly as they wanted to boost up asap within the 10 hour trial limit. You got a few twats alright towards the end of the 10 hour trial trying to shoot from everywhere with Afros and attempting to be speed merchants. It isn't as easy this year, don't think the LB and sprint angled run works anymore which is a godsend.

I really don't know which to buy this year, FIFA or PES.

I really don't know which to buy this year, FIFA or PES.

Gameshare with someone and buy both :).

I gameshare with my brother and he has his account set up to purchase from the US marketplace, so we get all new games for $60 (£38). Half that and we pay £19 each for new games. It's a beautiful thing.

For me, at the start I played a good few drop in matches, majority were passing fairly as they wanted to boost up asap within the 10 hour trial limit. You got a few twats alright towards the end of the 10 hour trial trying to shoot from everywhere with Afros and attempting to be speed merchants. It isn't as easy this year, don't think the LB and sprint angled run works anymore which is a godsend.

Yep, and to make it even worse, Afro's are unlocked at level 30 instead of 85 or whatever it was!

Thanks for the responses. I hope this year if you make a player of a normal height that you actually have a bit of pace. When you were tall you had such rubbish speed stats which didn't help when you were surrounded by 4 ft afro speed merchants.

Where is the best place to pre order this from? In terms of price or getting it early?

Gameshare with someone and buy both :).

I gameshare with my brother and he has his account set up to purchase from the US marketplace, so we get all new games for $60 (£38). Half that and we pay £19 each for new games. It's a beautiful thing.

Is this XBOX and does it work across accounts?

Got a retail PS4 copy. Love it so far, first time I am going to prefer offline to online I think. It's so well balanced on semi.

Got a retail PS4 copy. Love it so far, first time I am going to prefer offline to online I think. It's so well balanced on semi.

Is the career mode much improved?

I'll be getting it Thursday but won't be home until around 6.

Count me in for the pro clubs. Getting the game tomorrow.

Edit: PS4