Gaming FIFA 16

So basically they changed it back to earlier fifa's and call it a new game? In a few year's time when everyone has forgotten about fifa 15 dribbling and ball control will be their amazing new feature again.

Yeah, because the dribbling was exactly the same in all previous games... They revolutionized the dribbling with 15 but didn't balance it enough between attacking and defenders. Now with 16 they seem to have toned down some of it to account for that imbalance.

I think this complaining about nothing supposedly changing in the games is just silly. Obviously the gameplay could be a lot better (and probably would be, if it wasn't a yearly release) but in general the gameplay is constantly developing forward and not sideways or backwards. They can't reinvent football, they can only make the flow of the game smoother and more realistic.

Yeah, because the dribbling was exactly the same in all previous games... They revolutionized the dribbling with 15 but didn't balance it enough between attacking and defenders. Now with 16 they seem to have toned down some of it to account for that imbalance.

I think this complaining about nothing supposedly changing in the games is just silly. Obviously the gameplay could be a lot better (and probably would be, if it wasn't a yearly release) but in general the gameplay is constantly developing forward and not sideways or backwards. They can't reinvent football, they can only make the flow of the game smoother and more realistic.
Nah. I was saying all the stuff you were saying from fifa 08 to fifa 14. It's bollocks. You will soon realize and feel silly for your young and green view.

This will be the first fifa i will skip and it's looking like I might never come back. Horrifying.

Nah. I was saying all the stuff you were saying from fifa 08 to fifa 14. It's bollocks. You will soon realize and feel silly for your young and green view.

This will be the first fifa i will skip and it's looking like I might never come back. Horrifying.

Great Post. Almost doesn't sound patronizing and I find it hard to disagree with all of the arguments.

The commentary for the Women needs changing too. Cracked up when they said 'Hes played him through'. Its fine if they say the players name though.

Overall the game play i thought has still not advanced for years. PES feels/plays much better. Although Fifa has the better menus, stadiums, atmosphere etc, overall game play i feel is better on PES.

Accurate gender commentary will be a new feature in Fifa 17.

Game is trash just like 15. Momentum, stupid AI, none of these things have been made better. Looks even worse so far, at least for me.

14 on next gen was a good Base to build off aswell so its a shame it has come to this 2 games later. I am just grateful Pro sorted their shit out with good timing.

It's bound to be shit/worse on PS3. EA will be prioritizing the next gen, rightfully so imo.
I can understand that, but I assume lots of people still play FIFA on the ps3...

So basically they changed it back to earlier fifa's and call it a new game? In a few year's time when everyone has forgotten about fifa 15 dribbling and ball control will be their amazing new feature again.

Agreed and everyone is saying, oh the keepers are better now.

couldn't they have patched it on fifa 15?

Last edited:
For people who have EA access, the trial of the game is out the 17th. 10 hours play time.

I pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on PS4 last night. Pre-loaded on the 15th and will be ready to play on the 21st at night US CT :D

Really looking forward to the game. Played so much of 15 that I am burned out lol.

EA's Fifa team
ZZwAbbC.gif

Said I wasn't going to buy it this year but obviously I will :lol:

Just deciding whether to go xbox or ps4 for this.

Might be a nice change to go ultimate teaming against the lads from work on the xbox this year. Cant justify doubling up on the game. I will miss clubs though.
Good, you're shite on clubs you ruin it for us all with your eternal shitness.

Would expect a clear change on the final game. Feels "glitchy" if that makes sense in terms of player control.

Nothing like 15.

For people who have EA access, the trial of the game is out the 17th. 10 hours play time.

I pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on PS4 last night. Pre-loaded on the 15th and will be ready to play on the 21st at night US CT :D

Really looking forward to the game. Played so much of 15 that I am burned out lol.

I have EA Access, I will be playing this on PS4 after release (friends have it on PS4 plus we're all more used to PS4 pads for live tournaments we organize) but 10 hours of gameplay will suffice this week actually because I'm leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday, at which point the full version will already be in stores here in all likelihood, so I will probably not even use full 10 hours on Xbox One. Don't care that I will not be able to transfer over my progress, I will treat this as a training.

Now I've played the demo for an hour with my friend and we both agree on this - the defensive AI is much better this year and it's much harder to create chances if you know how to defend on FIFA. We had four scoreless games in a row, battling for midfield control most of the time. The goalkeeping AI is excellent as well this year. Dribbling and pace has been toned down a whole lot in the demo. That won't bode well for the pace whores of the FIFA community. EA will most likely give in despite the positives.

Lobbed through balls are shit too. FINALLY. Normal through balls are perfect once your target has space. This looks like it could be an enjoyable game if they keep it this way, but we all know they won't.

How can anyone play the demo and say it's just FIFA15 with updated squads?

It's just EA hate for the sake of it... I bet the same people would say this game is amazing if it was called PES.

:lol:

Think I might get it from PSN - even though it is a bit more expensive, at least I won't have to change the disc when everyone rage quits!

I might do what I did last year and order from American store. Get it on Tuesday next week.

How can anyone play the demo and say it's just FIFA15 with updated squads?

It's just EA hate for the sake of it... I bet the same people would say this game is amazing if it was called PES.
Exactly. This game is nothing like FIFA 15 tbh.

Big news for FUT fanatics. Web app and companion apps are back the 17th.

The FUT markets are split finally! From what I know, all the coin glitching is done on last gen consoles, so the markets on current gen should be much better.

Here's a video about the changes

TRANSFER MARKET AVAILABLE IN WEB & COMPANION APPS

To kick off the new Ultimate Team season, the Transfer Market will once again be available within both the Web and Mobile Companion apps beginning September 17. Returning and verified FUT 15 players will be able to get access to the web app and begin building their Ultimate Team club by opening free returning user packs and by trading early via the Transfer Market.

*Please note you’ll need to start on the web app before you can use the mobile app.

New players to FIFA Ultimate Team must play on console or PC before accessing the Transfer Market via the web app. Within a few days of playing on console, new players will pass verification and be granted access to the Transfer market via the web app. This is a new security measure we’ve implemented for FUT 16 to make sure all players are human, as opposed to bots that harm the Transfer Market. The health of the Transfer Market, which determines its availability on the apps will be consistently assessed throughout the season.

EASIER TO BUY AND SELL!

In FUT 16, Price Ranges will start much wider. This will make it easier to buy and sell players on the Transfer Market. Our aim this year is to keep Price Ranges as wide as possible throughout the season to offer a fair environment for trading and to protect the market against coin buying. The less coin farming and buying we see within FUT 16, the wider the Price Ranges will stay.

The chart below illustrates the average price of a sample top-tier player in FUT 15 and the change in Price Range parameters from FUT 15 to FUT 16 at launch. The wider ranges will enhance the trading experience on the Transfer Market.

PLAYER LED ECONOMY

To further prevent coin farmers and coin buyers from negatively impacting the FUT economy, we are splitting Transfer Market economies by console generation. This means coins, club items, and transfer market items will no longer be shared between Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and between PS3 and PS4.

When first accessing FUT 16 through the web apps, you’ll be asked to choose which console you would like to start your FUT club in. After choosing your console type, it will become the default for your account. From that point onwards, all your coins and items will stay within that account on the default console.

Returning FUT players will be able to carry over FIFA Points via a one-time transfer. This can be done between FUT 15 and FUT 16 on the same console or between the Xbox 360 & Xbox One or PS3 & PS4. As always, any players using exploits or transferring FIFA Points using illegitimate accounts or means will be subject to an account ban.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultim...415-text-site-lnch&cid=43689&ts=1442255620769

I have EA Access, I will be playing this on PS4 after release (friends have it on PS4 plus we're all more used to PS4 pads for live tournaments we organize) but 10 hours of gameplay will suffice this week actually because I'm leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday, at which point the full version will already be in stores here in all likelihood, so I will probably not even use full 10 hours on Xbox One. Don't care that I will not be able to transfer over my progress, I will treat this as a training.

Yeah I'll use the time to get used to the game as well. I much prefer the PS4 controller for FIFA.

Now I've played the demo for an hour with my friend and we both agree on this - the defensive AI is much better this year and it's much harder to create chances if you know how to defend on FIFA. We had four scoreless games in a row, battling for midfield control most of the time. The goalkeeping AI is excellent as well this year. Dribbling and pace has been toned down a whole lot in the demo. That won't bode well for the pace whores of the FIFA community. EA will most likely give in despite the positives.

Lobbed through balls are shit too. FINALLY. Normal through balls are perfect once your target has space. This looks like it could be an enjoyable game if they keep it this way, but we all know they won't.
I will also add on and say that Legendary level is not as unfair as it used to be. I played one Legendary match with Chelsea against Inter, and even though I drew 1-1, I didn't feel as if the opposing AI was unfair at all. My AI was also better and more supportive of my actions.

Can't say the demo impressed me. I tried it on the PS3 and played 10 consecutive games. It doesn't feel a whole lot different. At least not when playing against the AI. Can't see much change in the passing besides the first touch passing glitch being somewhat fixed. Not sure I see any difference in the shooting. To me it feels like the game is designed to be played with the default settings, that is everything set on auto. The player who doesn't play like that is severely handicapped. It's gotten worse with each FIFA game.

Honestly I can't say that there's anything about the demo that makes me want to buy the game and I've owned and played every single game since FIFA 96. It's probably better on PS4 but that just makes it feel like a giant feck you from EA which wouldn't be anything new.

Never liked PES but as far as the demos go I like that one better.

Web App is up, not that you can get in anyway,

Can't say the demo impressed me. I tried it on the PS3 and played 10 consecutive games. It doesn't feel a whole lot different. At least not when playing against the AI. Can't see much change in the passing besides the first touch passing glitch being somewhat fixed. Not sure I see any difference in the shooting. To me it feels like the game is designed to be played with the default settings, that is everything set on auto. The player who doesn't play like that is severely handicapped. It's gotten worse with each FIFA game.

Honestly I can't say that there's anything about the demo that makes me want to buy the game and I've owned and played every single game since FIFA 96. It's probably better on PS4 but that just makes it feel like a giant feck you from EA which wouldn't be anything new.

Never liked PES but as far as the demos go I like that one better.
Why would that be a giant feck you?