Gaming FIFA 16

Don't know if I'll bother with it this year. Haven't missed a copy in years but last year i found myself bored after a day. Then had the occasional online game after that. Might save my money for something else.

Because the game is barely changing on PS3 due to emphasis on the PS4 and the majority of Playstation users still play on PS3.
I'm not being funny - but the PS4 is the current generation - of course they will put more emphasis on the current system.

I'm not being funny - but the PS4 is the current generation - of course they will put more emphasis on the current system.
Yes but the fact is that there are way more PS3 users than there are PS4 users. Hence the "feck you to the consumer".

Yes but the fact is that there are way more PS3 users than there are PS4 users. Hence the "feck you to the consumer".
They have to give reason to move on at some stage. I'm surprised it even came out on last gen.

So, when did they decide it would be released next Thursday instead of Friday?!

They have to give reason to move on at some stage. I'm surprised it even came out on last gen.
Very poor excuses. If you're going to release a product that costs $60 it better be a good one. Otherwise you're taking the customer for a ride.

Why are you surprised? Fifa 14 came out on a console that had been released 14 years prior and had already been discontinued for 2 years. They should give up right away and focus solely on the much smaller market that is the PS4 market? Think of all the children that wouldn't spend money on them.

It's the biggest producer of games in the world. There's no excuse for them to release a shoddy product but they've done so for years.

They opened the web app for ultimate team for 2016.... Got absolute feck all from my 4 starting packs :lol: typical

Played two games of EA Access full version trial and it feels completely different than the demo. I'm not enjoying it at all.

The PS3 might have sold more (it's been out for a lot longer!) - but but I'm sure many of those owners now no longer play on it because they have migrated to PS4...

Played two games of EA Access full version trial and it feels completely different than the demo. I'm not enjoying it at all.
How come? what's different?

The PS3 might have sold more (it's been out for a lot longer!) - but but I'm sure many of those owners now no longer play on it because they have migrated to PS4...

After playing PES for hours on Monday I feel like I have no control over players when I play this. It's way too easy for defenders to take the ball off of you and the pace of the game is still a little too high for me. Passing seems off as well, everyone has very bad first touch - even top players. I can't say why exactly but I really don't like my first impressions with it, I prefered the dynamics of demo.

I won't give full judgment yet because it's only been two games in the morning after short sleep in the night. When I get back home from work today I will give it more time and perhaps re-adjust myself to this. It could also be because it's virtually my first time playing a football game on an Xbox One pad, I will get retail copy for PS4 (if I get one because if it doesn't improve in my eyes I will probably skip it in favour of PES which I should have already delivered tomorrow).

I rather enjoyed it compared to the beta. Obviously I was just playing the pro clubs part of the beta only.

Dribbling seems hard. I played about 5 seasons game, which I won easily. A lot of players doing their usual LB y or pass it quickly to the attackers from defence. Those tactics do not work. You have to have build up. Also crossing is slightly overpowered, I admit that I did use that to my advantage. But every FIFA seems to have something overpowered. I do hope they tone the crossing accuracy or heading down a bit.

Also for first touch. You got to try and not hold the sprint button when you touch the ball otherwise you will get a random touch at times.

Skill moves are ineffective especially the body feint. I use the LT/RT or the new LB/RT dribbling move to create space. Fake shot also seems ineffective.

They haven't yet totally got the balance right. But I hope they do not patch it like they did last year, which ruined the game. Just tone down crosses.

My PES copy will arrive today, so looking forward to trying that.

FIFA 16 is now available on EA Access.

Yup, I was playing it since late last night. 10 hour trial we have.

Only played online pro ranked. Always do it as you get less wankers on at this stage, lads passing it around and willing to develop their players rather than the traditional shoot from everywhere. Haven't seen much of the "Messi diagonal running" as yet, hope it is patched.

Played 1 offline game. Stills feels a bit reliant on speed, but defenders are stronger and do recover better once you aren't too far out of position. Tackling is taking a bit of getting used to though.

Graphics are a bit more polished. Our jersey looks pink though!

Last edited:
I'll probs get this just for Ultimate team which is way too addictive. Was pretty impressed with my FUT ranking on FIFA 15. Overall #215! However majority of my wins were due to packing record breaking Ronaldo. It was almost like cheating playing with him.

Fifa 15 UT stopped letting me in saying i needed to create a security question and then when i did it said it couldn't be created. Tried to get on the web app just now and it says I can't be logged in :lol:

Many is not the majority like I've been saying this whole time.

Will be able to play this on my new Xbox One in a couple of hours. It's been a real pain to install so I have one questions to Xbox users; When the early access ends, will I be able to carry on playing or will I have to download the game again? Probably a stupid question but I'm not familiar with Xbox or EA Access. Cheers!

So the EA Access thing you guys are playing now is the final version?

And it's different from the demo? Nooooo :(

Never judge a game after a couple of games in the early morning. Played it a bit more and it's actually good. I like the slower pace.

If I have assisted settings on can I still play manual passes like L2 in PES?

Will be able to play this on my new Xbox One in a couple of hours. It's been a real pain to install so I have one questions to Xbox users; When the early access ends, will I be able to carry on playing or will I have to download the game again? Probably a stupid question but I'm not familiar with Xbox or EA Access. Cheers!

For the trial, you download the entire game anyway, so no need to re download anything

Can I do online leagues with like 4-8 players on this yet? With no real time scale to get your games done, or do I still have to track the results manually.

Fantasy draft in it like FMs gone and done?

iirc, I couldn't even do offline leagues on the last Fifa i played, possibly 14.

That's great, cheers for the reply mate!
You will have to buy the full game though, obviously.

I thought I'd give this EA Access a try, it seems like a great idea... and for only £3.99 you can't go wrong!

You will have to buy the full game though, obviously.

I thought I'd give this EA Access a try, it seems like a great idea... and for only £3.99 you can't go wrong!

Yeah I got the full game and access free with the console bundle yesterday. Played the game for a few hours tonight - mostly pro clubs with a mate. Very tricky to get the hang of but towards the end of the night we were playing some brilliant stuff. Scored a couple of great goals!

Yeah I got the full game and access free with the console bundle yesterday. Played the game for a few hours tonight - mostly pro clubs with a mate. Very tricky to get the hang of but towards the end of the night we were playing some brilliant stuff. Scored a couple of great goals!
Ah right, I assume you've just got the trial now and will download the full game next week? My Access trial is still downloading, it's being extremely slow! I downloaded Assassins Creed IV which is 20gb+ and it took about 2 hours. This isn't over 10% and it's been 3!

Mine has been downloading for about 4 hours now. 70% :lol:. Usually much quicker. Thought I might have got a couple of games in tonight but obviously not.

I'm finding it good after several games. I've changed settings to semi passing, semi shooting, manual through ball and it made the gameplay much better too. I love how they have nullified pace, you can no longer cause havoc with Doumbia etc. because defenders position themselves better and the difference in pace isn't that noticable.

I've started career with United, I won't finish season because I'll be getting full on PS4 instead of Xbox One but so far I've noticed that Schweinsteiger is a bit of a monster. I'm still having little difficulty passing the ball around having moved to semi settings but it's been pleasant despite only getting 2 points from the first 3 games (I should have got much more, fecking posts!). Depay and Darmian are very good to play with too. Obviously there's still no respectable striker, Martial is fine but he's only 77 and his ball control isn't that good and Rooney is very clumsy and slowish. Depay is the only attacking outlet that's truly reliable.

I only played 2 online during the trial I had. There were improvments in the right players, improvements which 15 players might find annoying they can't abuse (pace, dribbing, strength)

If they keep it this way, great. It's certainly a thinking game now I think. But knowing EA, it'll be nerfed back to 15 in 6 weeks.

Spent about 5 hours on the trial today. I enjoyed it to an extent, but eventually I just kinda felt like I playing Fifa 15 over again.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of improvements, but after a while it just feels like the same thing over and over again. I guess i'm just looking forward to PES too much this year.

I do love getting out of tight spaces with certain players though. Feels great. I also love the slower pace, and lack of overpowered sprinting.

Been playing the demo for a few days now (ps3). Passing seems to quite shite and my shots are all either terrible rollers or saved by every keeper in the game, even when they are quite good shots. The slower pace is nice though, feels like the game is built less on speed merchants.

Can't wait to come home next week and play the shit out of the game. Ultimate Team looks amazing this year. The game overall looks just as good. I just can't wait.

Can't wait to come home next week and play the shit out of the game. Ultimate Team looks amazing this year. The game overall looks just as good. I just can't wait.
Me too, really haven't been this excited for a FIFA in a while. Completely coincidentally got the day off Friday too, so will give it a go then.