Gaming FIFA 16

You're overdoing it a bit.

I don't feel I am. Maybe aside from that tattoo they've added to Messi' arm, it's almost identical to Fifa 15 and whatever minimal changes to gameplay there was, could probably be altered in the sliders. I was honestly appalled.

I don't feel I am. Maybe aside from that tattoo they've added to Messi' arm, it's almost identical to Fifa 15 and whatever minimal changes to gameplay there was, could probably be altered in the sliders. I was honestly appalled.

So you're serious? Dribbling and ball control was by far the dominant factor in 15 and they completely toned that down. The defensive AI also seems a lot smoother, goal keepers aren't as predictable and there seem to have been changes to the shooting.

The positional play from the midfield is still awful. Busquets is constantly making forward runs into the box rather than holding.
This was a big issue i had in Fifa 14. Your a holding midfielder, stay behind the bloody ball!

You're doing it wrong... you're supposed to say that it's the same shit, with one or two added gimmicks and that FIFA's been the same since 2002.

:lol: True. I like it though, honestly. Much less pace based which will make for much better online experience unless they decide to annihilate the game yet again.

So you're serious? Dribbling and ball control was by far the dominant factor in 15 and they completely toned that down. The defensive AI also seems a lot smoother, goal keepers aren't as predictable and there seem to have been changes to the shooting.

I noticed goalkeepers were better with the ball at their feet actually. Not exactly a game changer though. Shooting is different, not improved and I noticed no difference in regards to defending. As for the visuals and animations, please point out what's changed there? maybe 1% better lighting.

Going by the demo, I'll stick with Fifa 15.

'
:lol: True. I like it though, honestly. Much less pace based which will make for much better online experience unless they decide to annihilate the game yet again.

I'm with ya. I feel that FIFA managed the transition into next gen way better than PES. Prior to next gen the ball was locked onto players, whereas now you have a lot more situations where the ball has its own physics and the situation is less predictable, which was the main thing PES had over FIFA back then, IMO. Since then they've just added little modifications here and there, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I like that it's not as easy to ping pong your way around the pitch, that there's a different feel to shots and I see them fluffed more often, and I like the chance to feign touches and throw a defender off.

We'll see how the completed edition feels and what kind of mechanisms the online opposition will game, but overall I'm positive. And then you have a bunch of welcome additions to career mode, such as the pre-season tourneys and that you can bring on the whole bench.

I noticed goalkeepers were better with the ball at their feet actually. Not exactly a game changer though. Shooting is different, not improved and I noticed no difference in regards to defending. As for the visuals and animations, please point out what's changed there? maybe 1% better lighting.

Going by the demo, I'll stick with Fifa 15.

I don't care about cosmetic changes and I don't expect the looks to improve a lot, because consoles and the average PC have their limitations.

You can just go round every goal keeper with every player anymore and near post shots aren't 99% successful anymore. Those are big changes to the way you interact with goalkeepers. In 15 you have the problem that defenders you don't control often tend to shut down completely and let opponents just walk by them - it seems like 16 fixed hat.

And why do you discount the dribbling changes? 15's whole (online) gameplay was centered around dribbling. Be it that people went for Maradona-esque solo runs literally all the time or that a smart player could (threaten to) crack your defense with just one player or that it was incredibly easy to keep posession and keep the ball flowing through the opposition, because players had near perfect first touches and very close ball control, making it super easy to exploit pockets of space or to dodge a pressing opponent and play through the space he left behind him.
All that will likely change if they don't differ drastically from the demo.

Took 345 minutes of Fifa in World class for a goal to be scored! Fifa will most definitely patch this down for the FUT ping pong gimps.

I scored 1 goal in my first 3 games, from a set piece too.

Had a handful of games last night, not too impressed tbh, lovely menu's, lovely music, excellent commentary too but very much the same old poor FIFA gameplay. After playing Pro all year last year and their new demo FIFA's shortcomings seem way more glaring now than they ever did, non controlled player movement just isnt there, sluggish turning and I still hate the tackling & defensive system. Oh & whats up with the sound effects for anything ball related? does anyone else think they sound a bit, off? the ball hitting the net sounds like its hitting a solid object, great stadium atmosphere too, apart from that clown in the Bernabeau sounding like a loud drunken imbecile, to be fair to EA though they've nailed him, he's as unbearable in the game as he is on the telly.

Has anyone noticed they finally changed the broadcast camera to look like an actual tv game cam?

It was always too low on previous Fifa's but they've nailed it this time.

To a degree, but the base positioning of the camera now is correct. Before, even the highest position was still too low. Now, even the lowest stadium cam can be raised to a good perspective.

11026247_10206569460265538_548770273482639029_n.jpg

:lol:
:lol:

Can't believe they made it a football game. This was supposed to be some revolution and what I am seeing is 22 footballers at a football stadium playing a game of football. Is this going to be this way forever?

Can't believe they made it a football game. This was supposed to be some revolution and what I am seeing is 22 footballers at a football stadium playing a game of football. Is this going to be this way forever?

You might claim posts like mine are rehashed every year when this game is released, but so is yours. It's a video game demo like any other and people are entitled to be disappointed at it. Unless you're being paid by EA to defend it of course. ;)

Took 345 minutes of Fifa in World class for a goal to be scored! Fifa will most definitely patch this down for the FUT ping pong gimps.
Really? Just played my first half on world class difficulty and am winning 2-0 with Barca v Madrid... A lot harder to keep possession in world class but they over commit so it's easy to counter
Edit: And won 4-0. Not bad :lol: Messi, Neymar and Suarez are ridiculous on this. Though they are in real life too so there you go

Last edited:
Really? Just played my first half on world class difficulty and am winning 2-0 with Barca v Madrid... A lot harder to keep possession in world class but they over commit so it's easy to counter
Edit: And won 4-0. Not bad :lol: Messi, Neymar and Suarez are ridiculous on this. Though they are in real life too so there you go
Took me a while to score a goal on world class level, too. Most of my games on world class level go into extra time, but I've just finished a game where I beat the CPU 2-0. It's incredibly difficult to take the ball off the AI, which makes for a boring game. Even more frustrating than this is when you're under high pressure and you're trying to move the ball to your striker but fail to do so because the AI always step ahead and wins the ball. Holding RB + A seems to help a lot in winning striker vs. centre-back duels, but it's not something I want to be doing regularly.

Took me a while to score a goal on world class level, too. Most of my games on world class level go into extra time, but I've just finished a game where I beat the CPU 2-0. It's incredibly difficult to take the ball off the AI, which makes for a boring game. Even more frustrating than this is when you're under high pressure and you're trying to move the ball to your striker but fail to do so because the AI always step ahead and wins the ball. Holding RB + A seems to help a lot in winning striker vs. centre-back duels, but it's not something I want to be doing regularly.
Yeah, it gets pretty frustrating to actually tackle the CPU. Makes it more challenging but not as enjoyable really. Though you can't criticize EA for making the game more realistic.

From the demo it seems they have changed the corner dynamics back to the way it was a few years ago meaning back post balls are all but guaranteed to land on your players head

I was Dortmund playing against Chelsea and City.

Both opponents were exceptional at retaining and maintaining possession. Just a case of keeping structure and trying to hit on the counter, but it's very difficult when learning an new game to play like that.

Played a few games last night. The game felt good overall. Defenders seem to know their positions better and passing seems to be more important to build up play but do have a few issues that I wondered if anybody else had noticed.

- Despite feeling more relevant, passing can feel sluggish, especially when trying to play 1st time balls.
- Importance of pace has been toned down but maybe too much? Barely feels like the players are running at times.
- Some of the sound effects are well off. Even just passing the ball, or getting blocked off, the sounds are almost cartoonish and over exaggerated. Needs to be toned down.
- They need to learn that less is more sometimes when it comes to commentating. One instance had Smith say "the lads up front are found well, 2 shots on target from 2 so far" when the team is 4-1 down. The commentary that contains more chat than just commentating on the actual action can seem out of place and doesn't actually tell the story of the game - could just do with a little tweak.

Other than that, its very good. Presentation is excellent as always, new FUT mode seems decent and I'm hoping for some improvements in Online Clubs for us RedCafe FC lads.

I thought it played nice. But there haven't been alot of changes. That said it looks more fine tuned. And just great change at defence and AI. Still some of the movements and ball controls arent up to scratch. But it will get better in the final version..

Played a few games last night. The game felt good overall. Defenders seem to know their positions better and passing seems to be more important to build up play but do have a few issues that I wondered if anybody else had noticed.

- Despite feeling more relevant, passing can feel sluggish, especially when trying to play 1st time balls.
- Importance of pace has been toned down but maybe too much? Barely feels like the players are running at times.
- Some of the sound effects are well off. Even just passing the ball, or getting blocked off, the sounds are almost cartoonish and over exaggerated. Needs to be toned down.
- They need to learn that less is more sometimes when it comes to commentating. One instance had Smith say "the lads up front are found well, 2 shots on target from 2 so far" when the team is 4-1 down. The commentary that contains more chat than just commentating on the actual action can seem out of place and doesn't actually tell the story of the game - could just do with a little tweak.

Other than that, its very good. Presentation is excellent as always, new FUT mode seems decent and I'm hoping for some improvements in Online Clubs for us RedCafe FC lads.

That's how it feels for us when playing with your pro.

Stopped playing this game after 14, just the same thing with minor tweaks every year chucking £40 down the drain, and i heard they ruined UT in 15.

Somehow they mange to both change nothing at all and completely ruin the game at the same time every year.

The only way they make a big improvement is if Konami put out something good or people suddenly stop buying this ridiculous cash grab. Last Fifa I bought was 2010. Nothing after that has made enough improvements to warrant any money, imo.
Maybe when the next consoles come out. Or the ones after that. Fifa 2025 might be ok.

The only way they make a big improvement is if Konami put out something good or people suddenly stop buying this ridiculous cash grab. Last Fifa I bought was 2010. Nothing after that has made enough improvements to warrant any money, imo.
Maybe when the next consoles come out. Or the ones after that. Fifa 2025 might be ok.

Think that's ridiculous. There may not be huge changes every single year, but the game has improved a lot since 2010.

Said I wasn't going to buy it this year but obviously I will :lol:

Just deciding whether to go xbox or ps4 for this.

Might be a nice change to go ultimate teaming against the lads from work on the xbox this year. Cant justify doubling up on the game. I will miss clubs though.

Might be a nice change to go ultimate teaming against the lads from work on the xbox this year. Cant justify doubling up on the game. I will miss clubs though.
Legends are xbox exclusive too i think

The commentary for the Women needs changing too. Cracked up when they said 'Hes played him through'. Its fine if they say the players name though.

Overall the game play i thought has still not advanced for years. PES feels/plays much better. Although Fifa has the better menus, stadiums, atmosphere etc, overall game play i feel is better on PES.

The switch to next gen alone had a huge impact one the gameplay. :wenger:

I don't have one myself, so I cant tell you if the servers are more stable or if the community is any different, but x1 seems to have some exclusive features in FIFA, like for example legends and they have early access too I believe.

2010 World Cup game was so good.

One of my favorite games! I loved the online World Cup mode; my biggest achivements were winning with Australia and progressing to the Qs with Vanuatu :lol:

So basically they changed it back to earlier fifa's and call it a new game? In a few year's time when everyone has forgotten about fifa 15 dribbling and ball control will be their amazing new feature again.