Gaming FIFA 16

His TOTS card will be amazing.
He might not get one even if he deserves it. I remember in 2013 I think, De Gea made the team of the year, but because he still wasn't seen as a world class keeper and it was popular to criticize him still (even if he had a great year), they put Cech into the EA team of the season and he wasn't even on the bench. Think it was like the only change from the actual team of the season.

If you PSN people make a NZ account (it's easy) using this address:

xxx Hillsborough road, Mt roskill, auckland 1041. (Insert 3 numbers below 450 into xxx)

You can download the demo now!

xxx Hillsborough road, Mt roskill, auckland 1041. (Insert 3 numbers below 450 into xxx)

Yeah was about to say that, make any new zealand address and it'll work. Downloading now.
Edit: 4.5 GB.... Going to take a while this

Yeah was about to say that, make any new zealand address and it'll work. Downloading now.
Edit: 4.5 GB.... Going to take a while this
Taking ages for me, especially with my shitty internet. Hopefully will be worth it though.

Would this work for Xbox One?

Some very encouraging signs from the people who have played the demo already.

Do you need PlayStation Plus to download the demo? And will it be available at midnight?

Visually nice but not seeing much difference game wise.

Only buying it this year for pro clubs. There's a ridiculous amount of shit in that mode to make you rage but it's still fun enough playing with everybody on here. If it wasn't for that not a chance I'd be buying it.

Just played a second game this time with the women, actually quite enjoyed it.

That save at 1:20 in the final seconds is lovely. Morgan and Solo :drool:

Just played a second game this time with the women, actually quite enjoyed it.

That save at 1:20 in the final seconds is lovely. Morgan and Solo :drool:

The power in the header is so fake. Is there any notable difference in gameplay between men and women. Whats the women rating like?

Whats up with that download speed? 10 hours for 4.5gb? I usually load that in like under an hour..

The power in the header is so fake. Is there any notable difference in gameplay between men and women. Whats the women rating like?

Yeah, I wondered myself. If they want to make it realistic then the gameplay would have to feel like you're playing with single digit OVR players, but that can hardly be what they are going for.

Have they announced the exact release for the eu store? With the speed I'm getting from the NZ store I might as well wait for it.

Last edited:
It's alright. Graphics look the same basically, but it definitely feels different. Everyone seems slower and less agile, the touch is heavier, but there are some nice animations and plays you can do with the passing. If you hold L1 while dribbling with the ball they do body feints in the direction your pointing... It's quite useful, but it'll take a bit to get used to it so you can use it properly. Overall a bit meh but it's getting better the more I play it. Patient play is more rewarding I think.

Looks interesting, but unfortunately playing against the CPU just bores me to death in fifa.

Looks interesting, but unfortunately playing against the CPU just bores me to death in fifa.
One thing I really do like, at least on the demo so far, is that they made the computer a lot more forceful and attacking. They don't just keep possession pointlessly for hours on end, they go forward with purpose and pass it around quickly for the most part and have shots from range, put in crosses pretty quickly, etc.. Probably the biggest improvement compared to past fifa's, so who knows, playing against the CPU in manager mode might be fun for once.

I'll believe that when I see it. Almost every game I play is versus some kid who doesn't even attempt to play football. Build up means hoofing it upfront or playing a random foward pass without even looking at the pitch. Then they either sprint down the wing or try some pathetic lob/through ball which will only work if the engine helps them a bit.

Can you buy players that have just been transferred in real life like Sterling etc. I love buying him first thing when I am man utd but I don't think you can buy him anymore.

It's alright. Graphics look the same basically, but it definitely feels different. Everyone seems slower and less agile, the touch is heavier, but there are some nice animations and plays you can do with the passing. If you hold L1 while dribbling with the ball they do body feints in the direction your pointing... It's quite useful, but it'll take a bit to get used to it so you can use it properly. Overall a bit meh but it's getting better the more I play it. Patient play is more rewarding I think.
:drool: This is exactly what I wanted! No more stupid kids making the most of player ratings and game mechanics helping them play football in the game. Not every team can play super-fast football, and I hope FIFA persist with this. I don't want what happened to FIFA 14 to happen to FIFA 16. :nervous:

Demo doesn't seem to be there yet. Was hoping to download it overnight..

I'll believe that when I see it. Almost every game I play is versus some kid who doesn't even attempt to play football. Build up means hoofing it upfront or playing a random foward pass without even looking at the pitch. Then they either sprint down the wing or try some pathetic lob/through ball which will only work if the engine helps them a bit.

then the calm down/shhhh celebration... feck them.

Is the sshhh celebration still in this? I swear EA are trying to breed a generation of little cnuts.

It's the most pointless, deliberately antagonistic bullshit in the game.

I hope they have fixed the ridicilous dribbling and pace abuse, while improving defending. So frustrating coming up against Arsenal or Dortmund, having Aubameyang or Welbeck getting hat-tricks because they are fast.

Are the women's matches supposed to feel different to play? Because it feels the same as the men to me except there's ponytails everywhere.

I remember playing one of those pub quiz machines in the past where they had a game called 'spot the ball'. They essentially photoshopped the ball out of a still football image and you had to press where you thought it was.

It was really fun, and easy up until the point where they would should an image of the women's match. They would be looking in all sorts of directions.