Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be fooled by the name. This guy is Dutch, he doesn't even speak Turkish. Hag is trying to sneak in another one.

Why do Dutch people look like 'that' even when they're not of (full) white Dutch stock? Gullit and Rijkaard in the past and now the likes of Depay, Simons and Van Dijk look Dutch as feck and this guy, too.

People are calling him handsome because of his hair but when it's amrabat nobody said it. Feels bald man.

He's excellent 1v1 defensively as well. Think Jose only wants to sell if they get a good price.

And make no mistake, this isn't a Malacia replacemennt he's a Shaw replacement
Shaw's not being replaced, he's one of the best players in the league when he's fit. His fitness is an issue but he's an important part of the squad all the same and will be an automatic starter when fit. He's just at a point where he needs to be managed a bit carefully and we have proper cover.

Looks good on paper and recent form. Doesn’t seem like the kind of signing our usual vetting process would green light.

Have there even any credible links?

Saw him playing as RB in couple of videos, hopefully we sign him, looks very good attacking FB.

Not seen anything of him outside the tournament, but the internet is full of glowing articles about him over the last year. Gets compared to Cancelo a lot, as you'd probably expect, and does have a similar statistical profile.

he was brilliant in the euros and he can play comfortably on either side....we'd be foolish not to make a run at him

Never seen him play but watched few YT clips, his technical ability is very good, if his defensive ability is good, then he can be an excellent FB who can help in buildup play, contribute to attacking, and do his main defensive role on the flank.

He was amazing at the tournament. I think the best LB this summer.

He is fast, strong and carries the ball well. Good on both ends. You can see he had his football education in the Netherlands.

One of the standout full backs of the tournament... but is he a Tournament wonder type.

Good player, and a history in Holland/Eredivisie again.

Just not a fan of right footed LB's at all.

Why do Dutch people look like 'that' even when they're not of (full) white Dutch stock? Gullit and Rijkaard in the past and now the likes of Depay, Simons and Van Dijk look Dutch as feck and this guy, too.

I believe it's to do with their historical links to Suriname and slavery. Gullit, Rijkaard are of Suriname descent. Van Dijk probably is too.

Brighton and Dortmund has shown interest in him for a long time. Dortmund is believed to be out of now as they do not want to pay the asked price who according to Turkish medias are above +30m. Brighton is still very interested and in dialogue with the club

the rival club Galatasaray sold their right back Sasha Boey to Bayern for 30m euro 6 months ago. Fenerbahçe would therefore ask for something that is minimum Euro 30m+ also given his good performances at the euros

Came in with a lot of hype into the tournament and he showed why.

Proper footballer, the way he steps into midfield and looks so confident and dominant on the ball will give the team a massive advantage in the center. Get a proper DM and Kardioglu, and a lot of issues with possession can be solved with Martinez fit of course.

Shaw can be a backup LCB/LB

Shaw's fitness is extremely unreliable. We need someone who can push him for his position

You just know this one is not going to work.

Go get a left footed LB who we’ve been monitoring for a while. Not someone the scouts have to now gather a report on.

Potatoes and Gouda.

Had great matches at the EURO. If he's available and not too expensive we should give the lad a chance.

The only reason I'm somewhat interested in this is because he's right-footed and can play full-back on both sides of the pitch. If he's good then he can probably displace AWB as the secondary right back option, and be real competition for Dalot, whilst also get minutes at left back if last season's injury woes continue there.

However, if he was being brought in exclusively as a new left back, then I'd much rather take someone like Reguilón who would almost be free as a decent back-up option. We have 3 good left backs already (Shaw, Malacia, Martínez) + Amass is turning 18 next season. I'm not willing to give up on any of them just based on last season. Spending big money on a left-back this summer would be silly IMO. First of all, a few long-term injuries in the case of Martínez and Malacia don't equal injury proneness. Secondly, if Shaw is managed carefully, he can still play 30+ games in a season. Thirdly, I trust in Ineos solving our injury situation, because I don't believe it was all just bad luck last season.

He's excellent 1v1 defensively as well. Think Jose only wants to sell if they get a good price.

And make no mistake, this isn't a Malacia replacemennt he's a Shaw replacement

For 25m that's a bargain. My feeling was they were whipping up interest after Dortmund couldn't get him on the "Dortmund cheap" as they love to do, so Jose can start buying his warriors.

A fullback who is supposedly gifted on the ball. Yes please.

If he’s signed we will finally have a Turkish player that will make an appearance for us.

I really liked him in the Euros. He was always trying to advance the play. And he is versatile as well.

anyone worried we are getting thrown in there to drum up price and interest or are we genuinely interested?

anyone worried we are getting thrown in there to drum up price and interest or are we genuinely interested?
I think we are genuinely interested but probably so are ten other clubs - relatively young, versatile attacking left back (there's always demand for those), coming off great Euros, low wages, very low price tag, high resale value. What's not to like? It's a low risk purchase, so I can see teams like BVB trying to convince him they'd offer him the best chances for development.

He would be an interesting option at full back. Not sure how he would do in England, but a player who may be worth a punt on.

The only reason I'm somewhat interested in this is because he's right-footed and can play full-back on both sides of the pitch. If he's good then he can probably displace AWB as the secondary right back option, and be real competition for Dalot, whilst also get minutes at left back if last season's injury woes continue there.

However, if he was being brought in exclusively as a new left back, then I'd much rather take someone like Reguilón who would almost be free as a decent back-up option. We have 3 good left backs already (Shaw, Malacia, Martínez) + Amass is turning 18 next season. I'm not willing to give up on any of them just based on last season. Spending big money on a left-back this summer would be silly IMO. First of all, a few long-term injuries in the case of Martínez and Malacia don't equal injury proneness. Secondly, if Shaw is managed carefully, he can still play 30+ games in a season. Thirdly, I trust in Ineos solving our injury situation, because I don't believe it was all just bad luck last season.
Martinez is not a LB - yet. We can only assume that Ten Hag might use him there if we sign two CB starters, but for now it's only speculation.
We have Shaw and Malacia plus Amass. I would definitely sign a LB, like Gutierrez or Kadioglu.

Status
Not open for further replies.