Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a Canadian version of Hargreaves

He is good, but is one meant to be born in Holland to play for United these days?

I was initially surprised by this link but then I realized that he was born in the Netherlands and has played in the Eredivisie. Phew.

Don't be fooled by the name. This guy is Dutch, he doesn't even speak Turkish. Hag is trying to sneak in another one.

I was initially surprised by this link but then I realized that he was born in the Netherlands and has played in the Eredivisie. Phew.
:lol:

This rumour actually excites me. Showed his class whenever I watched him in the euros.

Don't be fooled by the name. This guy is Dutch, he doesn't even speak Turkish. Hag is trying to sneak in another one.
I've always wanted to see how the Dutch/Ajax/Turkish all stars fair in the PL.

Feel like I saw that he has most completed tackles at the Euros
Could be a shitty bullshit internet thing though

Do we need a thread title suggesting some concrete interest from a nothing link? OP be fishing
On Reddit a it’s been posted from a tweet by a Turkish journo that a lot of Fener fans have said is as reliable as it gets.

Kadioglu has been the surprise package of the Euros for me. Right footed left back showing immense technical qualities. I was surprised at how high of a level he was displaying in the tournament, so I did some digging on how the player has performed for Fenerbahce, and the feedback has been extremely positive with many Turkish accounts tipping him to move to a big club before the Euro 2024 tournament.

Arsenal were the main suitors for Kadioglu but maybe they’ve chosen to go ahead with Calafate instead.

I suggested Kadioglu on other threads a while back as he can cover both RB and LB and probably has the flexibility to fill in on the wings or even in CM potentially. He’d be a super useful squad member.

We’ll see if anything comes of it but it makes a lot of sense to sign a flexible defender that can either play both RB and LB equally well, or can provide CB depth along with RB or LB (like a Geertruida, Medina or Mika Faye).

What is the quoted price?

Also a big fan of adding to our Turkish contingent, need as many agents on the ground as possible just in case Arda Guler becomes available in the next couple years.

c2e0ae5730e1d5b73d97c03ee4589a99.png

Arsenal were the main suitors for Kadioglu but maybe they’ve chosen to go ahead with Calafate instead.

I suggested Kadioglu on other threads a while back as he can cover both RB and LB and probably has the flexibility to fill in on the wings or even in CM potentially. He’d be a super useful squad member.

We’ll see if anything comes of it but it makes a lot of sense to sign a flexible defender that can either play both RB and LB equally well, or can provide CB depth along with RB or LB (like a Geertruida, Medina or Mika Faye).

What is the quoted price?
How good is this Khalifa you talk about? Can't find any highlight :confused:

Love the versatility and the fact that he has the awareness and passing ability of a midfielder. He’s Dutch but then again players are being developed in England now similarly to how players have been developed in Holland for the last 30 years. Who knew.

the highlights make him look like Bale lite. or shit Bale :lol: Pick whatever you want.
He doesnt seem blazing fast but good enough pace, he can use both legs? In 3 mins of highlights he assisted more than all our wingbacks put together in 3 seasons hence i guess an update? :lol:

Not much - their transfer record apparently is about €20 million - and the Turkish record is Arda Turan for €34.5 million

So ... he will be cheap

Thanks, thats relatively low risk for his profile. Hopefully they won't try to fleece us though.

About £ 25m.

Is he too attacking for Mourinho? From the videos I've seen he looks absolutely amazing going forward. What's his positional awareness as a full back?

About £ 25m.

Is he too attacking for Mourinho? From the videos I've seen he looks absolutely amazing going forward. What's his positional awareness as a full back?

He's excellent 1v1 defensively as well. Think Jose only wants to sell if they get a good price.

And make no mistake, this isn't a Malacia replacemennt he's a Shaw replacement

this guy was a topic of conversation during the match thread....guy was fantastic in the euros where many pundits were saying he was the best left back in the tournament

he's young, wouldn't be overly expensive and he's a two way fullback. Would be a brilliant signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.