Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? If we're genuinely interested we could simply let Brighton do the legwork for us. This season's going to be a wash anyway might's well spend the money on talents we actually want.
this is a kid that can play either LB or RB and do either job incredibly well....for that price being quoted it's most definitely a FFS moment

Why? If we're genuinely interested we could simply let Brighton do the legwork for us. This season's going to be a wash anyway might's well spend the money on talents we actually want.
Because all the good players we were linked with, who could actually elevate us, are dropping off one by one.

this is a kid that can play either LB or RB and do either job incredibly well....for that price being quoted it's most definitely a FFS moment

Because all the good players we were linked with, who could actually elevate us, are dropping off one by one.
Yes and we can hijack the deal if we really want him, rather than go for the likes of Mazraoui or Hermoso.

If none of our top targets are likely to go through and this one becomes available we should do the deal. Honestly sick of the panic buying.
We’re scrimping for pennies and have already seemingly been priced out, so that’s likely a non-starter.

If a financially weaker club manages to strike a lower transfer fee, how does it become pricier to hijack the deal?

Well we never were seriously inquiring for him so who knows we couldn't have negotiated the same fee and to make the "hijacking" offer worthwhile I imagine you have to sprinkle a few more fees, commissions and wages on what was agreed.

Well we never were seriously inquiring for him so who knows we couldn't have negotiated the same fee and to make the "hijacking" offer worthwhile I imagine you have to sprinkle a few more fees, commissions and wages on what was agreed.
Of course the premise assumes that we're genuinely interested. The player's agent probably tries to sound out other clubs to hopefully get his player a better club or even slightly better contractual terms. Surely Man United are a more attractive proposition than Brighton if both present the same financial remuneration?

Of course the premise assumes that we're genuinely interested. The player's agent probably tries to sound out other clubs to hopefully get his player a better club or even slightly better contractual terms. Surely Man United are a more attractive proposition than Brighton if both present the same financial remuneration?

Maybe so but you need to have the selling club agree to accept your bid. In their position I would argue I need a little more to upset a deal that is about to be closed and whoever the losing partner is.

Also can play 11, 7, 8. Normally goes into a 8 role for fener to help provide overload.

If Brighton buy him,he won't be there for long before one of the big clubs buy him. Really good player.

One of the big teams will probably be in for him in a couple years and be quoted £70 million. Thought he’d be a smart signing but if we get anyone else in it has to be a midfielder.

One of the big teams will probably be in for him in a couple years and be quoted £70 million. Thought he’d be a smart signing but if we get anyone else in it has to be a midfielder.
Yep. This is a one shot. Brighton will make a huge profit off him.

There’s a tradition of very skilful fullbacks ending their careers in a position farther upfield. He has the potential to do that once exhausted as a FB. His versatility is a key asset and it’s a really strange situation that we overlook him given he slots in to so many positions we’re lacking in.

Does Brighton being in for a player never alert others to circumvent the middle man, as it were?

How often do they miss with a signing?

Their flipping has to be the best in the league, surely?

given our need and what he showed in the euros, just can't understand why we weren't in for him from the beginning and get the deal done

yes, i know the sale of AWB is probably the issue but ffs we have to be better run as a club where we can bring in a player without having to sell first

given our need and what he showed in the euros, just can't understand why we weren't in for him from the beginning and get the deal done

yes, i know the sale of AWB is probably the issue but ffs we have to be better run as a club where we can bring in a player without having to sell first

INEOS are running the club better from what we’ve seen so far. The problem is they’re still paying for the mistakes of previous regime and will be for years to come until we rid ourselves of all this deadwood on mega contracts. Unfortunately by the looks of things that will be achieved by most of them walking out the door on a free after running the contracts down, making sure they get every penny before departing.

Does Brighton being in for a player never alert others to circumvent the middle man, as it were?

How often do they miss with a signing?

Their flipping has to be the best in the league, surely?
It’s all so tiresome when us as random fans on RedCafe can see players that are obviously good signings far better than clubs do, and then everyone is shocked when Brighton makes another huge sale.

It was the same shit with Caicedo when I remember us being linked to him.

Poorgiven our need and what he showed in the euros, just can't understand why we weren't in for him from the beginning and get the deal done

Hasn't played for ETH at Ajax :lol:

It’s all so tiresome when us as random fans on RedCafe can see players that are obviously good signings far better than clubs do, and then everyone is shocked when Brighton makes another huge sale.

It was the same shit with Caicedo when I remember us being linked to him.
I simply don't think we can afford it, having allocated funds (De Ligt, possibly Ugarte) as we have.

The priorisation, however, I find questionable. I'd have this guy in before anyone else we've been linked to, since Neves is off the table.

Seems we've done our due diligence on this one

Could we see another similar Malacia like swoop if Brighton manage to agree a fee with Fener?

Could we see another similar Malacia like swoop if Brighton manage to agree a fee with Fener?

Weird tweet. What he would demand? Any decent agent would tell him to get his foot in the door of a club that have the potential to pay him exorbitant wages on his renegotiation, per him performing to standard.

Turkish journos and clubs are notorious for claiming interest of clubs in their players when there isn't any.

*Obviously would like ferdi at Utd, but not getting my hopes up

Might be club journos trying to get more out of Brighton, but please be true. Looked like a world class player in the Euros available for a decent enough price. Shaw is great but obviously can't be relied on and is getting older as well.

Feels like the kind of player Brighton buys and then sells expensively to Chelsea after a couple of years. As their tenth left back in the squad or something.

Last edited:
30M is not even that much for a player like him. But can we get him if AWB is not sold? Lets hope yes

Might be club journos trying to get more out of Brighton, but please be true. Looked like a world class player in the Euros available for a decent enough price. Shaw is great but obviously can't be relied on and is getting older as well.

Feels like the kind of player Brighton buys and then sells expensively to Chelsea after a couple of years. As their tenth left back in the squad or something.

Yeah especially when Plettenberg talked about their interest, saw some rubbish on FB quoting that Turkish journo about us looking to make a bid for him

Could we chuck them Lindelof as part of the deal ? This would be a great signing versatility is needed with the injuries we keep picking up.

Ferdi and de Ligt are my muppet transfers right now, and I'd love us to get them both.
But we seem to be so broke right now that we are looking in the bargin bin for any deals.

I just hope we can somehow find a way to hijack this deal, as he gives us so many options.

Status
Not open for further replies.