Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am following the Turkish league very closely. I am a fan of Galatasaray who is a huge rival to Fenerbahçe where Kadıoğlu plays, therefore my observations can be biased….

I have watched him many games. The short conclusion is that he is way too good to play in Türkiye. What you saw during the Euros is what he usually do in Türkiye as well. No one that watches him on a regular basis would be surprised with his display during the euros. He is a a very attacking player as he has previously played attacking midfield. He is good at dribbling, run forward with the ball, run forward without the ball; and he is very fast. His attacking display is not a disadvantage to his defence as he is a very smart player and is good at positioning himself. He is mainly right footed but almost uses the left food equally good. You’ll be able to see that he can cross with right foot and left food and can and have played both LB and RB, which would increase competition on both of Shaw and Dalot but at the same time increase debt on the fullback positions. He is very energetic, and can run non stop in 90 minutes, a characteristic that the fans would love him for. He is born in the Netherlands and has started his football education over there why his football mentality fits in with what Ten Hag has tried with inverted fullbacks lately, it’s something he is capable of doing pretty well. Again he is a very smart player a lot of coaches would love. I would be very sad to see him go somewhere else as he is the kind of player we should aim for both due to his technical, physical, mental, positional and personal capabilities …. I was also a big fan of Arda Güler and wanted him badly to sign with us and I really hope that this time we manage to get one of the few gems that usullay comes out of the Turkish league
Very insightful. I’d like it if we could take a punt on him.

Very insightful. I’d like it if we could take a punt on him.
Tis funny for me, because if we do manage to get him, I think he'll be a starter over what's here soon enough. Shaw I hold no hope of staying fit, and Dalot simply isn't as good as he seems to be rated.

Tis funny for me, because if we do manage to get him, I think he'll be a starter over what's here soon enough. Shaw I hold no hope of staying fit, and Dalot simply isn't as good as he seems to be rated.
100%. It only took a few weeks for both Telles and Malacia to displace Shaw. The same will happen again if we sign a LB. Then inevitably Shaw will decide to pull a good half a season out of his arse once he realises his position is under threat.

I am following the Turkish league very closely. I am a fan of Galatasaray who is a huge rival to Fenerbahçe where Kadıoğlu plays, therefore my observations can be biased….

I have watched him many games. The short conclusion is that he is way too good to play in Türkiye. What you saw during the Euros is what he usually do in Türkiye as well. No one that watches him on a regular basis would be surprised with his display during the euros. He is a a very attacking player as he has previously played attacking midfield. He is good at dribbling, run forward with the ball, run forward without the ball; and he is very fast. His attacking display is not a disadvantage to his defence as he is a very smart player and is good at positioning himself. He is mainly right footed but almost uses the left food equally good. You’ll be able to see that he can cross with right foot and left food and can and have played both LB and RB, which would increase competition on both of Shaw and Dalot but at the same time increase debt on the fullback positions. He is very energetic, and can run non stop in 90 minutes, a characteristic that the fans would love him for. He is born in the Netherlands and has started his football education over there why his football mentality fits in with what Ten Hag has tried with inverted fullbacks lately, it’s something he is capable of doing pretty well. Again he is a very smart player a lot of coaches would love. I would be very sad to see him go somewhere else as he is the kind of player we should aim for both due to his technical, physical, mental, positional and personal capabilities …. I was also a big fan of Arda Güler and wanted him badly to sign with us and I really hope that this time we manage to get one of the few gems that usullay comes out of the Turkish league
Do you think fener would sell and would Mourinho allow fener to sell him? I think not.

Do you think fener would sell and would Mourinho allow fener to sell him? I think not.
Turkish clubs are desperately skint and have racked up huge debts. If Fenerbahce receive a reasonable offer they'll likely sell him, irrespective of Mourinho's wishes. They sold Guler to Madrid for 20 million euros last year - and bear in mind he looks to be a generational talent for Turkey, so I think we'd easily be able to get a deal done for less than that for Kadıoğlu, or certainly the same amount we'd need to cough up to get Mazraoui.

He excites me most out of all the fullback options linked. The ability to play both sides and central midfield is appealing. Seems a great character too. I would sign him and another centre back (subject to Lindelof and/or Maguire leaving) and our defence would be in a good state.

Would he? The wages make up the difference, no?
Wan-Bissaka is apparently on a pretty modest contract by our standards. With the amount of clubs interested in Ferdi, he'd probably want more I'd imagine.

I doubt we'd be top of his list given he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. Looks a very good player though.
Right

He still plays in Turkey, at 24, one of the biggest clubs wants to sign him, to play in EPL and make the kind of money he can only dream of, but he wouldn't be interested because he wouldn't be "guaranteed starter"?

First of all, if he knows anything about Luke Shaw injury history, playing time is not a concern at all. Anybody we sign on left back can plan to play 2/3 of games just because Shaw will be injured the rest of the time.

Secondly, this bullshit "guaranteed starter" doesn't exist in serious clubs. Who is guaranteed starter at City? Graelish certainlt is not, and many players of mucb higher quality than Ferdi are not

Kadioglu would kill to play for us. That is not the question, the question is if United want him and if the price can be right

Turkish clubs are desperately skint and have racked up huge debts. If Fenerbahce receive a reasonable offer they'll likely sell him, irrespective of Mourinho's wishes. They sold Guler to Madrid for 20 million euros last year - and bear in mind he looks to be a generational talent for Turkey, so I think we'd easily be able to get a deal done for less than that for Kadıoğlu, or certainly the same amount we'd need to cough up to get Mazraoui.
Didn’t Guler have a release clause that was met? If he didn’t, he would have likely sold for a lot more.

Iirc Dortmund had a bid of €30-35m rejected earlier in the summer.

How reliable is that? Hard to see Dortmund making him their most expensive signing of all time being the tight cnuts that they are.

All I can see is that they stopped pursuing him because Fenerbahce wanted more than 30m for him. Not that Dortmund had any offer rejected.

How much would he cost?

Fenerbahce Vice President Acun Ilicali said this (earlier in the window in response to reports that Dortmund wanted the player), “Ferdi is very valuable to us. We will not send him unless he expresses a desire to leave. Even offers of $43.25 million won’t sway us.”

Fenerbahce Vice President Acun Ilicali said this (earlier in the window in response to reports that Dortmund wanted the player), “Ferdi is very valuable to us. We will not send him unless he expresses a desire to leave. Even offers of $43.25 million won’t sway us.”
Sounds like $43.26m will get it done!

If we could swap AWB for Dumfries, and get this lad for circa €30m that would be brilliant business. It’s not the priority though, getting a ball winning 6 is.

A lot of pages for a player we aren't credibly linked with

Mourinho is not a fan of him going anywhere it seems. Still, everybody has a price.

Interesting that he was born in the Netherlands and represented them at the youth level

I can only confess toseeing him in the Euros....but the profile and versatility of him definately has my enthusiam far more than the other names linked.

We havent been linked with a singleleft back that offer progress short.mid or long term that doesnt makeme think would rathe just spend elsewhere and play someone ot of position or throw Amass in as an emergency.

Mazraoui can play both positions but is more a right back and though competent I really see him similar to a lot of Ten Hags Ajax players....nothing special...I dont want back ups.

As for Dumfries, no way, Bissaka is a better full back and Dumfries really doesnt offer muh different to Dalot like Bissaka,he offers very similar...and mostot good.

COmpletely agree with you on DAlot....good at arrying the ball,nota great consistent attacking threat goig forward though and lacking defensively andoften sloppy passingand concentration...Dumfries has gone backwards thelast few seasons,DAlothas improved...both are decent...far better

My choie is Vanderson as I want a competent full back with fenuinely exciting ability going forward....So Ferdis versatility andattacking threat if theEuros is realistic....is a greatoption.

If it isnt this profile of players id rather sign no left back and keep Bissaka personally

Was hoping we'd go in for him instead of Mazraoui, now it looks like we're getting neither :lol:

Oh well, at least we didn't sell AWB for a ridiculous lowball offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.