Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Need to bin Pickford - Flekken the current obvious choice with their fixture run - rotates ok too with Turner for the heavier fixtures. I think I’ll do that for GW5

Watkins to Jackson for GW6 for Chelsea’s better run. I had initially pencilled in Sterling but I already have Chilwell and Colwill, so the triple up will be better utilised with Jackson

That leave Joao Pedro (bench player for most part) to then bin off if game time is still slack around GW6-7. would have cash in the bank to bring someone like Wissa in, or even see how Archer does minutes wise to keep even more money in the kitty for injuries etc, allows me to pivot and move easily.

luxury transfers then, maybe a better 4.0ish keeper (Areola?) and upgrade Kabore. Prime it for a potential bench boost if I wish to utilise

the above means I’m likely to not need to wildcard around GW8-9

current team:

Pickford

Chilwell - Colwill - Estu

Bruno - Rashford - Saka - Mbeumo - Maddison

Haaland - Watkins

subs: Turner, Botman, Joao Pedro, Kabore

0.3 in Kitty currently

Swiss_Red89

I'm surprised at the amount of people already wildcarding...

And their Teams doesn't even look that much different to the one I will field after using my free transfers:

Areola
Chilwell Akanji Estu
Saka Maddison Mbuemo Fernandes Rashford
Jackson Haaland

Subs: Onana, Pedro, King Cash, Baldock

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Final question before I luck in my WC:

Get Gvardiol for now and look to get him out back to a bench fodder within the next few weeks... Or get the bench fodder now and have flexibility with my transfers to put out potential fires that might come up?

Current defense:

Ederson (Areola)
Chilwell, Estu, Trippier, Udogie, (Gvardiol/Bench Fodder)

Moby

Dick

Get Gvardiol for now and look to get him out back to a bench fodder within the next few weeks... Or get the bench fodder now and have flexibility with my transfers to put out potential fires that might come up?

Current defense:

Ederson (Areola)
I'm pretty clear on not having low upside, rotation and injury prone defenders in a team that concedes joke goals at the end for fun, let alone doubling up on that when you already have Ederson, when there's a bunch of attacking picks available. Not even worth doing the rotation, a clear example of people starting Saliba over Udogie/Cash etc this week and getting wrecked. Playing those attacking defenders over a long stretch as long as they have good fixtures would usually outscore the centre backs as they make up for multiple clean sheets in a single banger.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm pretty clear on not having low upside, rotation and injury prone defenders in a team that concedes joke goals at the end for fun, let alone doubling up on that when you already have Ederson, when there's a bunch of attacking picks available. Not even worth doing the rotation, a clear example of people starting Saliba over Udogie/Cash etc this week and getting wrecked. Playing those attacking defenders over a long stretch as long as they have good fixtures would usually outscore the centre backs as they make up for multiple clean sheets in a single banger.
Yeah makes sense. Plus between Udogie, Estu and Trips, I can usually start an optional 3 (Chilwell is cemented) each week.

Think I'll go in with the bench fodder and stay flexible.

Moby

Dick
Yeah makes sense. Plus between Udogie, Estu and Trips, I can usually start an optional 3 (Chilwell is cemented) each week.

Think I'll go in with the bench fodder and stay flexible.
Yeah and that is the only way for you to have a Luton boy in your team. :lol:

I have the same three defenders with a view to get Trips in one or two weeks.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Only question for me is if I take the Bowen punt. I feel like either Luton are much better at home or Bowen gets 2-3 returns with nothing in the middle.

I think West Ham look better with new signings and I am tempted to go for it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ok Is this wildcard too strong? Feel like I have to stack it and roll with the bench points. Stearing well clear of us until we show some serious signs of improvement...

Leno / Areola
Chilwell / Walker / Udogie
/ Trippier / Kabore
Maddison / Saka / Sterling / Mbuemo / Bowen
Isak / Jackson / Haaland

Bold is this weeks team. Probably bench Mbuemo and Bowen the week after and play Trippier and Isak. Re-assess in GW6 with 2 FT's.

saik

So this is my current team. As you can see, lots of fire to put out already. And, if Baldock leaves, I won't have a bench at all. I'm still umming and ahhing on WC. Do I do it? Or just the 2 free transfers for now and delay the WC until after the international break.
Anyone ? Shall I stick with it or WC? Have 2 free transfers with nothing left in the bank.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Anyone ? Shall I stick with it or WC? Have 2 free transfers with nothing left in the bank.
I had 2 FT's and wildcarded on Saturday before my Villa haul. Was happy to lose Pedro, Rashford, Chuk, Baldock, Saliba and Onana. Salah is the one though. If you're happy to bin him you might as well restructure.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
If you have 2xFT then use them and take punts, then WC after that during the break.

Mitoma to Bowen would be cool for one.

massey

I'd agree use the 2 free transfers I'm doing alright atm and won't ever use my wildcard unless I get alot of injuries I think chopping and changing all the time just doesn't really work and you end up chasing and then the players you bin start coming good just my oppinion of course.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Getting rid of Rashford as I already have Bruno and I can't bear seeing us drop points with my fantasy team taking a hit too.

Question is: Luis Diaz, Foden, Sterling or Maddison?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Current defense:

Ederson (Areola)
Are you going to bench any of those 4 defenders soon? If no, then no need for Gvardiol. Why an unnecessary headache with a City defender?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Getting rid of Rashford as I already have Bruno and I can't bear seeing us drop points with my fantasy team taking a hit too.

Question is: Luis Diaz, Foden, Sterling or Maddison?
Yes that is the question indeed. I keep looking at mine and thinking why have I got 3 Chelsea players?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Yes that is the question indeed. I keep looking at mine and thinking why have I got 3 Chelsea players?
Yeah I have Colwill and Disasi.
I think I'll probably wheel out Bruno too for another of the above midfielders as I don't like double jeopardy. Annoyingly all the above's fixtures look very tasty.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Only question for me is if I take the Bowen punt. I feel like either Luton are much better at home or Bowen gets 2-3 returns with nothing in the middle.

I think West Ham look better with new signings and I am tempted to go for it.
Bowen is a nice pick this week and WC next to take him out. They are strong defensively and Antonio is a peak Drogba these days.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Are you going to bench any of those 4 defenders soon? If no, then no need for Gvardiol. Why an unnecessary headache with a City defender?
Yeah I'm sticking now and happy to.

Ederson
Udogie, Chilwell, Estupinian
Saka, Madison, Sterling, Bruno, Mbuemo
Haaland, Jackson

Subs: Areola, Trippier, Archer, Kabore

£1.1 in the bank.

saik

I had 2 FT's and wildcarded on Saturday before my Villa haul. Was happy to lose Pedro, Rashford, Chuk, Baldock, Saliba and Onana. Salah is the one though. If you're happy to bin him you might as well restructure.
Yea apart from Rashford and Salah I'm happy to lose all of those you mentioned but just wondering if I could somehow get away until the international break with free transfers.

If you have 2xFT then use them and take punts, then WC after that during the break.

Mitoma to Bowen would be cool for one.
I'm thinking Onana to someone like Areola and upgrade Pedro to someone ? I really want to get rid of Pedro. I want to get rid of all Brighton guys honestly but would need to WC for that. :lol:

Maluco

I think you go Rashford to Foden/Maddison and then upgrade João Pedro to Adonwiyi/Wissa and that takes you into international break with a nice 3-4-3. You can watch Salah at Anfield and reassess over the break.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not sure why people are taking Rashy out. We will look to counter and he would be our only threat. He has a decent record against Arsenal and their defense isn't looking great.

Maluco

Not sure why people are taking Rashy out. We will look to counter and he would be our only threat. He has a decent record against Arsenal and their defense isn't looking great.
Taking any good player out is a risk, but you are thinking about who could potentially be a better pick at the moment. Rashford hasn’t looked good so far. It’s a massive risk but the game is full of them.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Start Estupinian at home to Newcastle or Trippier away to Brighton?

This is why I hate having a good bench :lol:

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Pedro to Jackson is a no brainer. Where are you with the -4? I can't decide.
I’m the same. I’m leaning towards the hit. It’s a bit scary because it could absolutely backfire this week. But I think long term it’s the right call.

Moby

Dick
I’m the same. I’m leaning towards the hit. It’s a bit scary because it could absolutely backfire this week. But I think long term it’s the right call.
The only thing stopping me is that in two gameweeks he will have arsenal and Liverpool to play and that there is still not enough info to give me full confidence into take a hit.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Picked up Digne a couple of weeks back and he did well, although I'd have been better off with Cash. Time to go, was always intended to be a 2 week thing. Colwill inbound

Not too happy with Onana, Rashford, Bruno and Martinelli but they can stay for now. Ward-Prowse, Maddison and Mbuemo very much on the radar.

saik

Picked up Digne a couple of weeks back and he did well, although I'd have been better off with Cash. Time to go, was always intended to be a 2 week thing. Colwill inbound

Not too happy with Onana, Rashford, Bruno and Martinelli but they can stay for now. Ward-Prowse, Maddison and Mbuemo very much on the radar.

This was during yesterday's match by the way. Maybe wait until further news that he is fit and available to play?

Chipper

Adulterer.

This was during yesterday's match by the way. Maybe wait until further news that he is fit and available to play?
Cheers, didn't know that. Was going to re-sign Botman but he's a doubt apparently. There's always Dan Burn.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
feck it. Wildcard active. Team looks solid, no Arsenal or United players though :lol: (still got abit of time to decide on that still).

Maluco

I am still trying to decide between a Bowen punt and 2 FT over the international break.

The sensible answer is the 2Ft because Bowen would be a transfer in and transfer out….but what if Luton are shit? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.