Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I've got:
Alisson
Perisic Dalot Trippier TAA
Luis Diaz Martinelli Sancho Rashford
Kane Haaland​
Gazzaniga, Neto, Tierney, Mitrovic
Happy with that. Everyone is either a high scorer or creator for their team and all on big clubs (apart from Trippier, though he's a very productive right back). United players are great value

I've actually done it, I've created the best draft team possible

Screenshot-2022-07-28-144107.png

I've got:
Alisson
Perisic Dalot Trippier TAA
Luis Diaz Martinelli Sancho Rashford
Kane Haaland​
Gazzaniga, Neto, Tierney, Mitrovic
Happy with that. Everyone is either a high scorer or creator for their team and all on big clubs (apart from Trippier, though he's a very productive right back). United players are great value

Perišić is fit?

Martinelli?
Sancho and Rashford could be great for the money. Or they could stink.
Haaland? You think he'll start firing from the start?

Mitrović? The fecker is the ultimate fpl troll.
(Also thinking about him....)

I like it apart from the defence and GK. Think there are better £4.5 defenders than both Mings and White and I assume you're banking on Cucurella going to City?

If you want Arsenal and United cover in defence I think Ramsdale and Dalot is better than DDG and White for the same price. Pick another £5m defender (Trippier is mine) over Cucerella, turn Mings into Williams or Patterson and VVD into Cancelo.

Yeah, but it's not looking likely he will be a City player before GW1. Saying that he had good performances against United last season so I'm thinking to keep him in. Agreed on the VVD and Cancelo swap. If Cucurella doesn't join City in time, Cancelo will be in the team.

Perišić is fit?

Martinelli?
Sancho and Rashford could be great for the money. Or they could stink.
Haaland? You think he'll start firing from the start?

Mitrović? The fecker is the ultimate fpl troll.
(Also thinking about him....)
Mitrovic as bench why not. Perisic, no idea but figured Conte got him to play wing back! If not, bench for Tierney.

Haaland will score pretty much every game and he'll definitely play whenever he's fit. Sancho will be great, Rashford will be back to being very productive IMO. Martinelli is only 6.0, but I always rated him and think as it stands, he's a starter on the left for them.

Think I've got it.

Ramsdale
Cash, TAA, Cancelo, Dalot
Rashford, Salah, Neto, Diaz
Haaland, Jesus

Ward, Andreas, Williams, Taylor

Still have 1.5m in the bank so could tale out Neto for Grealish or Dalot for a different defender.

Last edited:
Both good options but Haaland is surely going to score 80 goals this season
Def. I plan to bring Haaland in for Kane after GW1. I just think Kane v Southampton is too tasty to miss

Damn this forum, tempting me into Grealish. You know it will end in tears...

AiTauNc.png

A tad too much "It's coming home" about that one maybe.

Anybody wanting to another league, very winnable. It's been around about 20 years but what with old age, illness and even deaths we are down to about 5 members. PM me if interested and I will send you the code.

Damn this forum, tempting me into Grealish. You know it will end in tears...

AiTauNc.png

A tad too much "It's coming home" about that one maybe.

I have done the same thing but it was Haaland's comment that he has developed a great working relationship with Grealish that perked my interest. IF Grealish starts the Charity Shield I maybe in for him.

I have done the same thing but it was Haaland's comment that he has developed a great working relationship with Grealish that perked my interest. IF Grealish starts the Charity Shield I maybe in for him.

That would be fine because it's an easy swap from Kane to Haaland if they hit it off.

Not a fan of Mount (for now), but I too, have gone Grealish. Expect him to get amongst those early season 5-0s that City always have. I'm Kane over Haaland so need that city attacker coverage.

I've been swayed in Dean Henderson as my 4.5 keeper

We always say this about City mid-priced attackers at start of season, but all they ever do is frustrate. Nothing worse than a beautiful home fixture against a bottom table team and Pep decides to bench your player.

For me, it’s not a huge problem when Grealish is only 7.0, as I will have bench cover for him. His points per minute is very good and that’s why he is appealing to me.

I wouldn’t captain him but as part of my squad I think he offers very good value.

I think I’ll be doing threemium: 4-4-2

Overall goal: To have 11-13 safe starting players, and 3 premiums so I dont have to transfer much, and can be on the front foot with transfers. I need 9 players I trust and then have 2 x lucky punches, who I’m okay with keeping if they’re not firing straight away (Neto/Bailey)

Alisson: fixtures are great, couldnt afford robbo

Dias: couldve gone/can go James, but with Kounde to Barca he might not play wingback as much, and Dias have greater first 6 fixtures. City’s defence not looking great in pre-season with Ake the ake-llesheel (sorry, that’s a terrible pun), but hopefully they’ll be good when Laporte returns in gw 2/3. Dont wanna own Walker as he might need subbing.
Trent: He has three first names. Good value.
White: Arsenal’s projected points are too good to ignore, and a safe starter it seems.
Botman: Newcastle tightened up their defence. And he has apparently looked decent in pre season.
(Neco Williams) Can cover Botman in gw3 when Newcastle face City

De Bruyne: Has looked great in pre-season. He’s easy to turn into 2 x 8.0’s if he’s not delivering, or just Son.
Salah: Cant go without him. Heavily owned. Stable.
Neto: Is he a trap? Maybe, but at 5.5 you don’t expect more than maybe 1-2 goals/assists in 6 games. I’ll be okay if he doesn’t score right away, good fixtures.
Bailey: Good first 4 fixtures, needs subbing after that. Maybe another 5.0/4.5 is available to jump on. (Ebiowei/Elanga)
(Andreas) cheap for a starter who might be on set pieces. I’ll never start him though.

Kane: Good pre-season. I’ll sub him in gw2 for Haaland unless he really fires. Then I have triple City for their extremely great fixtures and gw 2, 4 and 5 will be goal fests.
Jesus: Initially I liked Saka more, but he’s had a great pre-season. Very afraid he drops after gw1 (dropping friday night or saturday before we get to see Martial in action sunday) - I actually don’t think he’ll score against Palace, so I’m not that confident about him, but he has huge ownership and it’ll be tough to shoehorn him in if he fires and I have Saka instead.

Going without United to begin with to see if we’re the real deal or nor. There’s also the typical honeymoon phase under a new manager. Im not sure Haaland will see 90 minutes in the first game, so I can maybe save 0.1 if he drops - also I’d like to just see him in action before choosing.

Anybody wanting to another league, very winnable. It's been around about 20 years but what with old age, illness and even deaths we are down to about 5 members. PM me if interested and I will send you the code.

I will join you lads, not many people playing in my region!

Ramsdale
TAA - Dias - James - Cash - (White)
Diaz - Sancho - Sterling - Grealish - (Bailey)
Kane - Jesus - (Delap)

0.5 itb to improve somewhere. Thoughts?

I think Delap could end up starting if he gets a move. If not White/Bailey should start on the bench if Grealish or Diaz are rotated.

Don’t have the funds for that extra 0.5.
Okay. You asked Salah+Neto which would take 18.5m vs Son+Grealish which would take 19.0m, an extra 0.5m. So I assumed you could have Martinelli instead of Neto if you were considering a 19.0m pair.

I want that threemium for a diferencial, but in my heart I know that…

Robertson, Diaz, Jesus

trumps

Trippier, Son, James :(

If Doherty was definitely starting, I might have chanced it at the beginning.

I want that threemium for a diferencial, but in my heart I know that…

Robertson, Diaz, Jesus

trumps

Trippier, Son, James :(

If Doherty was definitely starting, I might have chanced it at the beginning.

To talk up a threemium: the interesting part about a threemium is of course that when everyone has Haaland, you can have Haaland+De Bruyne or similarly Son+Kane., and/or switch between 3 premium captains of course to stand out fron the template when the big teams bang. that simple bit is a bit overlooked, I think.

im on a threemium myself currently, but ultimately I’ll do a spreadsheet with projected points between my best two-mium vs threemium side + think of the flexibility of the teams. Too many times, I’ve done too many hits.

Backing Haaland over Kane in GW1 I see!

It's not just about 1 game week though. If you start with Kane to then switch to Haaland that's already booking in a transfer you have to make before GW2 as nobody is going without Haaland for Bournemouth at home.

It's not just about 1 game week though. If you start with Kane to then switch to Haaland that's already booking in a transfer you have to make before GW2 as nobody is going without Haaland for Bournemouth at home.
If he blanks against West Ham or is subbed relatively early, I will go without him for Bournemouth, and watch from behind the sofa if he starts.

the upside of Kane vs Soton at home could also be a hattrick, hence the points “saved” to make that transfer..

.. that, or just plan with a safe team so you only have to sub Haaland gw1 and only make 1 transfer.

Personally I don’t think taking a -4 hit in gw1 is a biggie neither..it’s better to adjust in time before the train has boarded and prices have risen for the 2 players you potentially want long term

So?

Youd have to be crap at planning first 15 (or very unlucky) to need any more in the first few weeks, welll, more than one per week anyway.

And most people will be WCing 6/7/8 weeks in.