Fantasy Premier League 22/23

So?

Youd have to be crap (or very unlucky) to need any more in the first few weeks, welll, more than one per week anyway.

And most people will be WCing 6/7/8 weeks in.

Well my point was there will probably be a player that all the ones who started with Haaland transfer in ahead of GW2 (or maybe even hold for 2FT's for GW 3 and you're busy getting him in instead. It's like you're always one step behind.

You will also probably have to make that transfer the same weekend as GW1 due to price rises unless you start with 0.5m in the bank.

For me you go Kane or you go Haaland. I don't like the switch.

What do people think about going for CB's for the top sides vs fullbacks for teams outside the top 6.

For instance I have Dias, Gabriel and Dier in my starting XI. Hoping for CS. Better or worse than going for Cash and Trippier and their attacking returns?

What do people think about going for CB's for the top sides vs fullbacks for teams outside the top 6.

For instance I have Dias, Gabriel and Dier in my starting XI. Hoping for CS. Better or worse than going for Cash and Trippier and their attacking returns?
I wouldn’t pick CBs from the top 3 sides unless I have their fullbacks. So I won’t pick a CB from when Pool or City unless I want to double up on their defense. But in general I would go for fullbacks instead of CBs.

Okay. You asked Salah+Neto which would take 18.5m vs Son+Grealish which would take 19.0m, an extra 0.5m. So I assumed you could have Martinelli instead of Neto if you were considering a 19.0m pair.
Yeah you’re right. I think it’s actually cause I have Jesus and White already from Arsenal and I don’t wanna triple up on them. So either I stick with Neto or go up to Guimaraes or Lingard.

I spent too much tinkering and now have 3 very different options :lol:
Keen to hear the thoughts of the FPL gurus in this thread. I dont want to spend too long on this anymore, its distracting! Just can't decide whether to go very safe or go bullish and trust attackers over defenders essentially.

My punt for this season is general, is that there will be a lot more goals from focal points in attack (Jesus/Haaland/Nunez) and that might be a missed trick if we continue to focus on the big defender hauls. Could be wrong though, I generally suck at FPL but really keen on hearing feedback on the below 3 drafts.

1. Safe as houses? 5 at the back

- 0.5m left in the bank.
- I think this is the safest approach to make a solid start. Big at the back with all the 3 "premium" defenders + Ederson on top.
- Perisic I guess is a risk.
- Covered with a lot of safe picks generally Salah/Jesus/Kane. Not a lot of differentials here?

2. 442

- A similar iteration to the first draft but moving out Robertson + Ederson and bringing in Diaz + Ramsdale.
- Not much more to say about this one I guess. I Think this or the first draft can be very safe, just feels like this is a bit more focused on attack which I like. Although Robertson + Ederson are historically great bankers for points.

3. No Salah? Mental stuff!

- This one is my favourite :wenger: as it seems balanced.
- No Chelsea defenders as they look rocky and Tuchel seems to be tinkering 4 at the back, which may stunt the fullbacks.
- I know there's no Salah but tried to cover with Diaz + Nunez. I can drop Nunez for Jesus/Martial and beef up the defence if needed.
- Darwin hauling early and no Salah is a a double punt, but keen to hear thoughts around this general move (i.e. even if I took Darwin out for Jesus and upgraded a midfielder/defender).
- Dalot ready to come on in case Perisic or Walker don't start is decent cover?
- Big question is whether I'd really miss Salah with this set up!

I spent too much tinkering and now have 3 very different options :lol:
Keen to hear the thoughts of the FPL gurus in this thread. I dont want to spend too long on this anymore, its distracting! Just can't decide whether to go very safe or go bullish and trust attackers over defenders essentially.

My punt for this season is general, is that there will be a lot more goals from focal points in attack (Jesus/Haaland/Nunez) and that might be a missed trick if we continue to focus on the big defender hauls. Could be wrong though, I generally suck at FPL but really keen on hearing feedback on the below 3 drafts.

1. Safe as houses? 5 at the back

- 0.5m left in the bank.
- I think this is the safest approach to make a solid start. Big at the back with all the 3 "premium" defenders + Ederson on top.
- Perisic I guess is a risk.
- Covered with a lot of safe picks generally Salah/Jesus/Kane. Not a lot of differentials here?

2. 442

- A similar iteration to the first draft but moving out Robertson + Ederson and bringing in Diaz + Ramsdale.
- Not much more to say about this one I guess. I Think this or the first draft can be very safe, just feels like this is a bit more focused on attack which I like. Although Robertson + Ederson are historically great bankers for points.

3. No Salah? Mental stuff!

- This one is my favourite :wenger: as it seems balanced.
- No Chelsea defenders as they look rocky and Tuchel seems to be tinkering 4 at the back, which may stunt the fullbacks.
- I know there's no Salah but tried to cover with Diaz + Nunez. I can drop Nunez for Jesus/Martial and beef up the defence if needed.
- Darwin hauling early and no Salah is a a double punt, but keen to hear thoughts around this general move (i.e. even if I took Darwin out for Jesus and upgraded a midfielder/defender).
- Dalot ready to come on in case Perisic or Walker don't start is decent cover?
- Big question is whether I'd really miss Salah with this set up!

1) It’s good, but the issue is what are you going to do if one of the 8m mids are tearing it up, also Perisic hasn’t had much of a pre-season

2) very balanced good price points in each position the best of the 3 drafts

3) no premium in midfield, would look a bit better if it was KDB over Haaland or Son over Kane. And No Salah drafts just don’t look right to me.

Finally changed my team for the final time;

Henderson
TAA - Cancelo - James - Trippier
Saka - Salah - Sancho - Neto
Haaland - Martial

Bench - Gazzaniga - Perreira - Greenwood - Jansson

May swap out Salah for Son depending how things go the first few weeks, but sick of changing it now!

I'm actually worried about not having Neto in my team. What is this game doing to me.

I think Gabriel, Laporte are decent, but I am not great in predicting when they score.

Out of curiosity, how much do you reckon each gets?

200-150-170

v

120-220-160

?

I would say about 200 for Robbo, but I think Diaz and Jesus could both reach around 180. That wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Trippier maybe 130-140 if Newcastle are as good as they were post-January. I think Son can still reach 250 with a whole season under Conte. And yeah, maybe 160 for James with the games he will miss.

It’s tight, especially if you decide to Captain Son a few weeks. I think Jesus has every chance of scoring like a premium though.

Maybe a James and Zinchenko playing consistently in midfield could crack it.

Eugh. Thinking twice about owning city defenders now. Ake has looked shady in pre season, so city could let in some goals

:lol: contrary to what I've heard.

After West Ham they still have a sea of nice easy fixtures. City generally keep clean sheets by virtue of dominating possession anyway so I don't expect that to change. It's why Ederson never gets any save bonus.

Assuming they don’t sign Cucurella isn’t Walker a more nailed on option than Ake?

Well contrary to what @ROFLUTION is saying they're raving about Ake's pre-season performances on Bluemoon. If he doesn't start any games now he never will. Walker will always play fullback surely?

Also, looks like Cucurella has just handed in a transfer request so he's City bound for sure.

So Cucurella, Walker and Cancelo for the fullback positions and Dias, Stones and Ake for the CB's at the start of the season. Don't expect Cucurella to go straight in either as he'll need to adjust to Pep ball.

Well contrary to what @ROFLUTION is saying they're raving about Ake's pre-season performances on Bluemoon. If he doesn't start any games now he never will. Walker will always play fullback surely?

Also, looks like Cucurella has just handed in a transfer request so he's City bound for sure.

So Cucurella, Walker and Cancelo for the fullback positions and Dias, Stones and Ake for the CB's at the start of the season. Don't expect Cucurella to go straight in either as he'll need to adjust to Pep ball.
Not sure I’m comfortable spending 7.0 on Cancelo is Cucurella moves. Too much gamble on a starting defender.

Not sure I’m comfortable spending 7.0 on Cancelo is Cucurella moves. Too much gamble on a starting defender.

Yeah I know what you mean. Got to cover City defence somehow though. Ederson and Dias now look the safest bets. I still expect Cancelo to play most of the games but he can get the odd rest now if Cucurella signs.

I am starting to lean towards not having Ederson in goal. He will get plenty of clean sheets but will almost never get any BPS and will probably be outscored by a few £5.0m goalkeepers anyway. Also probably will give up on Sterling too, he’s too uncertain at this point.

I could then go:

Ramsdale
TAA Robertson Cancelo Trippier
Diaz Mahrez Saka Sancho (Andreas)
Haaland Jesus (Archer)

And would still have £0.5m in the bank. Not sure about the value of having Mahrez though… surely Pep will find a way to bench him all the time.

Don't think Pep will begin his usual roulette until the CL starts in September
Yes but their schedule is easy for the first few weeks. If you’re going to introduce a new player into your system doing it against lowly opposition is the best way.

I think Gabriel, Laporte are decent, but I am not great in predicting when they score.

It's more hedging your bets on CS than when they score for me. I guess we can all over think it, there's arguments for and against before the ball is kicked. Only in hindsight does it seem obvious what the correct decision is.

I think the move would have more impact on Walker. If Cucurella goes to City I have heard he will be the first string LB, Cancelo will move to RB.

Was wrestling with this same idea, so in the end I went for 1 from each in Gabriel and Trippier.

Sanchez

Trent, Robertson, Cancelo, Trippier, Gabriel

Salah, Sancho, Neto

Jesus, Kane

Bench: Bailey, Andreas, Greenwood

0.5m ITB

I would love to see I am down to two options, but I am currently without Trippier/Perisic/James/Grealish in either option. Trying to decide whether I should back a 4.5 and have the three heavy hitters at the back, or get rid of one of them and go for to middling options.

Gotta admit I’ve mostly seen highlights, but he’s been semi-involved with personal mistakes in the two I’ve seen highlights of. Could be wrong, but as seen with Bravo at City (good with his feet aye?) you’re only as good as your weakest link. I’m just not going double city-defence or over 5.0 unless its Dias as a placeholder for James or similar.

Besides that, Bluemoon is shite - 2 games is a terrible samplesize, so if they believe he’s as good as Laporte I’m not surprised. Walker seems nailed now, so I’ll go for him and see where it all ends - could be traded for a Zinchenko (OoP possibly) or Trippier/Digne/others at 5.0