Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I've had no choice but to sacrifice Rashford and join the Neto train to fund Cancelo instead of Walker. Currently on

Sa
TAA, Cancelo, Trippier
Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Neto
Kane, Jesus, Martial

Ward, Williams, Andreas, Patterson​

Currently keeping an eye on Schmeichel situation. A 4.0 starting goalkeeper would be very difficult to ignore no matter the team and fixtures.

Reason I really want Martial over sub 7.0m midfielders is because I could see one of the mid priced forwards starting well.

Kane or Haaland, Diaz or Robertson, and Trippier or another 5.0m or less defender are the ones I'm yet to fully make my mind up on.

Does anyone know the situation with Jose Sa? Seems he hasn't been playing in pre-season.

I've had no choice but to sacrifice Rashford and join the Neto train to fund Cancelo instead of Walker. Currently on

Sa
TAA, Cancelo, Trippier
Kane, Jesus, Martial

Currently keeping an eye on Schmeichel situation. A 4.0 starting goalkeeper would be very difficult to ignore no matter the team and fixtures.

Reason I really want Martial over sub 7.0m midfielders is because I could see one of the mid priced forwards starting well.

Kane or Haaland, Diaz or Robertson, and Trippier or another 5.0m or less defender are the ones I'm yet to fully make my mind up on.

Does anyone know the situation with Jose Sa? Seems he hasn't been playing in pre-season.

looks solid - you could also go for Ramsdale in goal, he has the highest projected pts in the first 6 gws if i remember correctly

Sa
TAA, Cancelo, Trippier
Kane, Jesus, Martial

Not saying wrong but curious as why “had no choice” on Cancelo pick. Do you think Cancelo will outscore Walker by more than Rashford will outscore Neto (I’m assuming/hoping he does)

Sa
TAA, Cancelo, Trippier
Kane, Jesus, Martial

Jose Sa had sustained MCL damage in the final game against Liverpool. He’s expected to feature for Wolves soon.”

I do a FPL Draft with 3 others. Fierce competition.

Who's your No1 pick? For me my priority list is ;

1) Salah
2) Son
3) Halland
4) Kane
5) Luis Diaz

Then probably KDB, TAA , Cancelo

Robertson and Neto vs Digne and Grealish. Anyone?? I have TAA and Salah already, plus Cancelo. Tossing up Haaland vs Kane, so that's my City coverage...

But yeah, anyone???

Out of interest where do people stand on Newcastle players? I am sticking with Guimares for now.

But, assuming they more or less kick on from where they left of, with a much improved defence this season.

Would Botman be a good first choice pick for 4.5m? I am thinking maybe either him or Dalot are worth a punt, I might even throw both of them in.

Not saying wrong but curious as why “had no choice” on Cancelo pick. Do you think Cancelo will outscore Walker by more than Rashford will outscore Neto (I’m assuming/hoping he does)
City's fixtures look very good, and they are the most reliable source of cleansheets in the game so I wanted a Man City defender I could trust to allow me take advantage of the quality and fixtures. Walker rarely gets forward, doesn't threaten the bonus points, and relatively more prone to rotation, so I don't see him as a good enough substitute for the attacking and 'heavily owned' Cancelo in a defence that almost guarantees cleansheets.

Among every other player I had in my team, Rashford to Neto seemed like the most favourable downgrade. Although we are a better attacking team than Wolves, they have the better fixtures, both short and long-term, I have another Man Utd attacker, and Neto is relatively nailed compared to Rashford.

So basically I think Cancelo and Neto will outscore Rashford and Walker, and even if they don't, Rashford won't hurt me the way Cancelo would due to ownership. Could see plenty of hauls from Cancelo.

I do a FPL Draft with 3 others. Fierce competition.

Who's your No1 pick? For me my priority list is ;

1) Salah
2) Son
3) Halland
4) Kane
5) Luis Diaz

Then probably KDB, TAA , Cancelo

Not sure about Diaz, but yeah that top 4 will be repeated in 99% of drafts, I reckon.

Out of interest where do people stand on Newcastle players? I am sticking with Guimares for now.

But, assuming they more or less kick on from where they left of, with a much improved defence this season.

Would Botman be a good first choice pick for 4.5m? I am thinking maybe either him or Dalot are worth a punt, I might even throw both of them in.

Really like Trippier. Dude was killing it before his injury and looks like he has picked up where he left off in pre season. Bruno G i feel may drop off in input compared to last year (hes a cm) and Wilson, while great, I feel there are so many other great strikers that you need to fit in...

looks solid - you could also go for Ramsdale in goal, he has the highest projected pts in the first 6 gws if i remember correctly
Yeah. 5.0m looks the best price for goalkeepers before the first wildcard with Pope, Sa, Martinez and Ramsdale. Martinez looks only good for the first three, and the reason I'm not too attracted to Ramsdale is because of their first two. I may need a defender in GW3 if I don't wildcard so will see how they look.
Jose Sa had sustained MCL damage in the final game against Liverpool. He’s expected to feature for Wolves soon.”
Thanks. Makes it a bit awkward for me. Sa and Salah were the two players I was definitely going to have.

Yeah. 5.0m looks the best price for goalkeepers before the first wildcard with Pope, Sa, Martinez and Ramsdale. Martinez looks only good for the first three, and the reason I'm not too attracted to Ramsdale is because of their first two. I may need a defender in GW3 if I don't wildcard so will see how they look.

Thanks. Makes it a bit awkward for me. Sa and Salah were the two players I was definitely going to have.
Do you only want players beginning with ‘sa’ or are other names an option? :)
Wonder how long that will keep him out for? Could have a starting £4m keeper with decent fixtures here.
Apparently short term, just keep an eye on it

I considered Trippier and Wilson when the game was initially released, as I wanted to go three upfront, but Wilson hasn't done too well in pre-season, and they have only one really good attacking fixture in the first five - NFO GW1. With Martial's emergence too, I'm going with him at 0.5m cheaper.

Trippier is the best 5.0m defender in the game for me. Plenty of attacking potential, and NFO, bha, MCI wol in first four, so he is in until the first wildcard. If he does well in first two, I will try to cover for him against City, if he doesn't, I downgrade. Not sure about Botman as an alternative, he doesn't have the attacking potential to compensate if Newcastle doesn't fire. Would prefer Arsenal, Wolves or Dalot at 4.5m.

I don't rate Guimares at all. Seemed like a purple patch to me last season, though I haven't looked at the stats. Martinelli is the better pick at that price, and I prefer Neto at 5.5m too.

Starting with a 5.0 seems good for me too, as you can downgrade 3 games in to a 4.5 or jump to another 5.0 with better fixtures..

Patterson or Williams as a £4m defender could cover Trippier for the City game. Everton v Forest that week.

Patterson probably better actually as Everton have Leeds in GW5 when Newcastle play City.

First time in years I'm v happy with my team before the deadline.

Kulusevski is my dark horse pick - has been massively overlooked :)

Robertson and Neto vs Digne and Grealish. Anyone?? I have TAA and Salah already, plus Cancelo. Tossing up Haaland vs Kane, so that's my City coverage...

But yeah, anyone???
Robertson, Neto. I put in Grealish at some point then thought 'what the feck am I doing?' Could see WHU making it difficult for them in GW1, then Pep making changes in GW2.

Robertson, Neto. I put in Grealish at some point then thought 'what the feck am I doing?' Could see WHU making it difficult for them in GW1, then Pep making changes in GW2.

Yeah I'm waiting on the Community Shield to see how City line up and how they play. Haven't got a City attacker in this draft yet but there's a slot for a mid or Haaland...

Ederson Gazzaniga/Sarkic
Trippier Cancelo TAA Dalot Patterson
Salah Mount Sancho Bailey Andreas
Kane Jesus Greenwood

£0.5m in the bank still.

I considered Trippier and Wilson when the game was initially released, as I wanted to go three upfront, but Wilson hasn't done too well in pre-season, and they have only one really good attacking fixture in the first five - NFO GW1. With Martial's emergence too, I'm going with him at 0.5m cheaper.

Trippier is the best 5.0m defender in the game for me. Plenty of attacking potential, and NFO, bha, MCI wol in first four, so he is in until the first wildcard. If he does well in first two, I will try to cover for him against City, if he doesn't, I downgrade. Not sure about Botman as an alternative, he doesn't have the attacking potential to compensate if Newcastle doesn't fire. Would prefer Arsenal, Wolves or Dalot at 4.5m.

I don't rate Guimares at all. Seemed like a purple patch to me last season, though I haven't looked at the stats. Martinelli is the better pick at that price, and I prefer Neto at 5.5m too.

A quick dig tells me you might be right.

Raya (Begovic)
Cancelo - VVD - Malacia - Williams (Patterson)
Son - Bailey - Diaz (Rice, Murphy)
Kane - Jesus - Haaland

This is what I've settled on, after trying many ways of fitting Salah in and deliberating over TAA. In the end I went for Diaz and Jesus as combo over Salah. Hoping this doesn't back fire!

Exploring all the defensive options at the moment.

You could go huge, TAA, James, Cancelo, Chilwell, Robertson.

Trippier looks a great 5m options.

Williams of Forest at 4m is a good facilitator who'll play.

TAA is surely the definite must have, everyone else is open for debate though.

Exploring all the defensive options at the moment.

You could go huge, TAA, James, Cancelo, Chilwell, Robertson.

Trippier looks a great 5m options.

Williams of Forest at 4m is a good facilitator who'll play.

TAA is surely the definite must have, everyone else is open for debate though.

If Chelsea implode this season, the defensive record is what will go first. I'm thinking of just going without the Chelsea defenders for now

Could be fun.
Midfield of course looks utter gub, but you just know one of Grealish or Rashford could explode, so it's which of those you get on.

Accepted logic seems to be to have an 8m midfielder though, so you can quickly get on the best one if you don't pick them from day one.

Dias-Saka-Maddison-Kulu and a few others.

Could be fun.
Midfield of course looks utter gub, but you just know one of Grealish or Rashford could explode, so it's which of those you get on.

Accepted logic seems to be to have an 8m midfielder though, so you can quickly get on the best one if you don't pick them from day one.

Dias-Saka-Maddison-Kulu and a few others.
Everyone goes on about an £8m midfielder and I get the need to have price points that allow you to change your team without hits but (1) youll have two tfrs very quickly (2) I’m not that fussed with the £8m MFers (they’re ok, plenty of value other places) and (3) with a WC several weeks in, it’s not that long to wait if you want to change without a hit.

Everyone goes on about an £8m midfielder and I get the need to have price points that allow you to change your team without hits but (1) youll have two tfrs very quickly (2) I’m not that fussed with the £8m MFers (they’re ok, plenty of value other places) and (3) with a WC several weeks in, it’s not that long to wait if you want to change without a hit.

I have to agree with this, none of the 8 mils standing out so far. You have to believe that likes of Martinelli/Rashford/Grealish could keep touch with their points early on. If you are taking a punt on City, it might as well be Grealish. Others have their issues with fixtures and blocking other players.

I think it's probably safest to not have the big 5 defenders. Probably best to have someone like Dias, one for the 8m price point, but also for the times where all of your defenders concede, or don't get any assists, meaning the heat is on for points from the rest.

Dias was already seen as a strong option last year, but now has no Mane in his way, so has to be considered a big threat, unless he has the classic 2nd season syndrome.
But with a game against Fulham, triple Liverpool certainly seems essential. They'll smash them.

I have to agree with this, none of the 8 mils standing out so far. You have to believe that likes of Martinelli/Rashford/Grealish could keep touch with their points early on.

Arsenal have some great fixtures, but now have a fair few players who might rotate around.
Grealish I think could emerge, and we'd love Rashy too, but surely Dias starts well.

I think I'll try and get a Salah-Dias-Grealish/Rash/Martinelli mix in there.