Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I'm putting all my eggs into four teams to start the season. Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Spurs.

Ederson
TAA Dias Cancelo Doherty Gabriel
Salah Diaz Martinelli
Jesus Kane

Arsenal have some great fixtures, but now have a fair few players who might rotate around.
Grealish I think could emerge, and we'd love Rashy too, but surely Dias starts well.

I think I'll try and get a Salah-Dias-Grealish/Rash/Martinelli mix in there.
It’s doable, probably need a premium and Jesus up front and maybe Walker/Trippier/Cash in defence to free up cash.

Some thing like… and this is Sancho not Rashford and with 12 good playing options.

Downgrade to Rashford and you could get a better defender

Last edited:
Which premier league teams have looked good in pre season? Anyone tempted to go for villa players ?

I was looking for the catch there... no Trent. :nono:
Ok…. “how’d you like THEM apples?!“ (my English teacher is turning in her grave right now).

A defender from five of the top six… a midfield for @Sandikan … two good forwards.

DDG

TAA / Laporte / James / White

Martinelli / Salah / Diaz / Sancho

Jesus / Kane

Ok…. “how’d you like THEM apples?!“ (my English teacher is turning in her grave right now).

A defender from five of the top six… a midfield for @Sandikan … two good forwards.

DDG

TAA / Laporte / James / White

Martinelli / Salah / Diaz / Sancho

Jesus / Kane

United def/keeper is a no for me, don't trust our defense yet. Rather just stick a 4.5 in there and Raya/Sanchez etc have decent enough fixtures.

Front 6 is class and one I'm considering (actually confused between Sancho-Kane or Martial-Son). Probably Dias over James (not sure if Laporte is back?) But yeah, got start any team from Trent and Salah.

United def/keeper is a no for me, don't trust our defense yet. Rather just stick a 4.5 in there and Raya/Sanchez etc have decent enough fixtures.

Front 6 is class and one I'm considering (actually confused between Sancho-Kane or Martial-Son). Probably Dias over James (not sure if Laporte is back?) But yeah, got start any team from Trent and Salah.
Lots of variables yet for me. Still considering Robertson for example.

Thing with Sancho/Kane is easy swap to Haaland for GW2

Have played around with ideas but not actually changed last draft for a few days. Will see how things look on Monday and review it… while sitting by the pool in the sun :)

Lots of variables yet for me. Still considering Robertson for example.

Have played around with ideas but not actually changed last draft for a few days. Will see how things look on Monday and review it… while sitting by the pool in the sun :)
Yeah, United in particular is a bit uncertain but I think I will likely have one attacker because they all seem undervalued and have a point to prove as well.

But 99% my final draft will likely be all top-6 with 2 premiums and I will just have to decide one premium from Son/Kane/Haaland/KDB with Salah being the other one. Enough reliability and flexibility to jump on to any of the early Benrahma type risers.

Think the community shield will be a huge factor for a lot of the City/Pool assets, especially City. If Grealish looks nailed we should be on him. We were all literally on him when he was more expensively valued while at Aston Villa supplying Watkins, now he has Haaland to do the scoring. But then I have a sneaky feeling Pep will as always promote Foden over him who might just finally go crazy and deliver on his expected stats.

Arsenal have some great fixtures, but now have a fair few players who might rotate around.
Grealish I think could emerge, and we'd love Rashy too, but surely Dias starts well.

Its definitely the most sensible. They are gamble at 7 mil and below, but they are gambles I like. I really fancy Grealish, Martinelli and Rashford at those prices, but I know an 8 mil comes with a greater guarantee!

Its definitely the most sensible. They are gamble at 7 mil and below, but they are gambles I like. I really fancy Grealish, Martinelli and Rashford at those prices, but I know an 8 mil comes with a greater guarantee!
Salah-Martinelli-8m-Sancho/Grealish is my current mid 4. Covering 6-7-8 price points.

Salah-Martinelli-8m-Sancho/Grealish is my current mid 4. Covering 6-7-8 price points.

That’s well organized, no one is out of rich and I fancy the cheaper ones to do really well.

Option 1 midfield: Salah - Diaz - Rashford - Neto

OR

Option 2 midfield: Son - Diaz - Rashford - Grealish

So basically Son + Grealish or Salah + Neto?

Is Neto a trap?
Could be. 5.5 is an awkward price point, might as well bump up to 6 for Martinelli or Lingard (?)

Depends on who they decide to put up top and how well they will gel. I didn't find Wolves that threatening.

Could be. 5.5 is an awkward price point, might as well bump up to 6 for Martinelli or Lingard (?)

Depends on who they decide to put up top and how well they will gel. I didn't find Wolves that threatening.
That’s what I’m thinking. Although I have a pretty settled team with him in and not really any wiggle room.

Raya
TAA Cancelo Perisic Dalot
Salah Sancho Saka Neto
Haaland Jesus

Forster White Andreas Greenwood

Martinez at £4.5m is another value option! Surprised he wasn’t £5m at least.

I think Dalot is still better value at 4.5 as well but Martinez could get in a fair few teams as I’d imagine he might pick up a lot of bonus points with his key passes and assists.

Jesus on a crazy 64.6% ownership. Palace away is not a gimme fixture. If he blanks he's gonna fall in price straight away.

I guess at least the run Arsenal have you'd want to hold anyway.

I am in a different fantasy football than the premier league one. We only use 7 subs all year with some other weird rules but its good.

What are peoples thoughts on Martial? Im skint and think hes going to start the season up front

I am in a different fantasy football than the premier league one. We only use 7 subs all year with some other weird rules but its good.

What are peoples thoughts on Martial? Im skint and think hes going to start the season up front

Waiting to see what happens with Ronaldo aren't we. I think he'll definitely start the season though whether Ronaldo stays or doesn't. He's been far too disrespectful to walk back into that team and what does it say for those that showed up for pre season and put the work in if he does?

Grealish is good value this year I think, even though he is a rotation risk.

Jesus on a crazy 64.6% ownership. Palace away is not a gimme fixture. If he blanks he's gonna fall in price straight away.

But if he bangs on opening night you aren't gonna have the time to even catch his price rise before the end of the GW which in GW1 means a 0.5 shift in budget. Just stay on the safe side and have him for now.

But if he bangs on opening night you aren't gonna have the time to even catch his price rise before the end of the GW which in GW1 means a 0.5 shift in budget. Just stay on the safe side and have him for now.

Well yeah obviously. I already have him. Just don't think Palace are going to roll over for them. It's a tough opening fixture in my opinion. That level of ownership before the season starts is mad though. That's Salah levels after he's been banging them in consistently for 2 months.

I think Arsenal have a decent run until late October

Grealish is good value this year I think, even though he is a rotation risk.
We always say this about City mid-priced attackers at start of season, but all they ever do is frustrate. Nothing worse than a beautiful home fixture against a bottom table team and Pep decides to bench your player.

It’s doable, probably need a premium and Jesus up front and maybe Walker/Trippier/Cash in defence to free up cash.

I went something similar:

Raya / 4.0
TAA, Cancelo, Cash, Dalot, Williams
Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Pereira, Mahrez (could be swapped to Grealish to upgrade Cash / Dalot / Keepr)
Jesus, Kane, 4.5

Pretty happy with that. Just wondering if Diaz is a trap and if I should go Mahrez -> Grealish for the first few weeks and get James instead of Cash.

What do people make of this team? I'm still not sure on my goalkeeper and defence.
yn4erDE.png

Waiting to see what happens with Ronaldo aren't we. I think he'll definitely start the season though whether Ronaldo stays or doesn't. He's been far too disrespectful to walk back into that team and what does it say for those that showed up for pre season and put the work in if he does?

Yeah thats my thinking. Hes definitely in to begin with and Ronaldo will be away elsewhere if he has his way

What do people make of this team? I'm still not sure on my goalkeeper and defence.
yn4erDE.png

I like it apart from the defence and GK. Think there are better £4.5 defenders than both Mings and White and I assume you're banking on Cucurella going to City?

If you want Arsenal and United cover in defence I think Ramsdale and Dalot is better than DDG and White for the same price. Pick another £5m defender (Trippier is mine) over Cucerella, turn Mings into Williams or Patterson and VVD into Cancelo.

Well yeah obviously. I already have him. Just don't think Palace are going to roll over for them. It's a tough opening fixture in my opinion. That level of ownership before the season starts is mad though. That's Salah levels after he's been banging them in consistently for 2 months.
Yeah I think a lot are assuming that this guy can be a premium asset at 8m, which isn't impossible. Obviously the pre-season form and his role in the team is allowing people to be confident about him.