Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Looking more at non-top-6 drafts

Sanchez
Trent, Dias, Walker, Perisic
Salah, Diaz, Kulu, Martinelli
Jesus, Haaland

too many uncertains I think.. Not sure whether walker, perisic, kulu, martinelli, even Haaland plays a full game in gw1

too many uncertains I think.. Not sure whether walker, perisic, kulu, martinelli, even Haaland plays a full game in gw1
Yeah obviously it's based on current squads. Perisic can haul in a couple of games and it would be enough. Kulu should start most games, he's looking sensational for them again in pre-season (and he is nailed in GW1 because Richarlison is banned). Martinelli also been consistent and productive for entire pre-season and ESR hasnt played a single minute I think. Walker if City don't buy any fullback should start the first few games. Haaland - if he looks shaky I can switch in Kane.

This sounds pretty optimistic though and kinda influenced by the second half of last season. A fresh and rested Salah is a different animal. If I had to bet I'd say Salah could easily be more captained in GW2 as well ahead of Haaland because it's Liverpool at home to Palace and predicting the Liverpool attack/team is far easier than City.

Also no way whatsoever is Kane/Son anywhere near a good captain choice vs Soton as Salah vs Fulham. Great for you if it works out, but there's no rationale behind it.

Home fixtures will always tempt me more. First game of the season, cracking pre-season (especially from Kane), roaring crowd, super fit, a proper manager from the start of the season.

There is definitely rationale there. It might not be enough to win you over, but there is definitely an argument to be had.

Other aspect that enters is Liverpool have 3 other cracking options outside of their main man. Spurs/City, not so much.

Home fixtures will always tempt me more. First game of the season, cracking pre-season (especially from Kane), roaring crowd, super fit, a proper manager from the start of the season.

There is definitely rationale there. It might not be enough to win you over, but there is definitely an argument to be had.

Other aspect that enters is Liverpool have 3 other cracking options outside of their main man. Spurs/City, not so much.
Don't get me wrong I have been banging about Kane and he's a fantastic asset. But not instead of Salah, no chance.

Don't get me wrong I have been banging about Kane and he's a fantastic asset. But not instead of Salah, no chance.

I do admit, there is definitely an aspect to it that is out of boredom. Going on these FPL videos and it’s always the same team. And the Kane/Haaland debate is always the big question.

I just wonder, if you were cheeky enough, would a Kane/Haaland/Darwin attack with Robbo/Trent/Cancelo at the back give you something different.

It’s a massive gamble, as you said, but imagine the scene if Liverpool win 2-0 and Darwin gets them both :D

First draft

Alisson

Chilwell TAA Zinchencho White (Williams)

Salah Neto Rashford? (Fred)

Halland Kane Undov (Palmer)

Not sure if too many premiums at the moment, not sure if Zinny is going to be a midfielder, v think Fred might do well in a Ten Hag team, not sure on Rashford either, bargain at 6m if he's on form and starts games

I do admit, there is definitely an aspect to it that is out of boredom. Going on these FPL videos and it’s always the same team. And the Kane/Haaland debate is always the big question.

I just wonder, if you were cheeky enough, would a Kane/Haaland/Darwin attack with Robbo/Trent/Cancelo at the back give you something different.

It’s a massive gamble, as you said, but imagine the scene if Liverpool win 2-0 and Darwin gets them both :D
The Liverpool fans I've heard don't think Darwin will start the season for them. Firmino is the one looking likely to start and there's Jota as well.

That reminds me, my Liverpool trio needs to be absolutely fixed on Trent, Robbo, Salah. Not interested in experimenting with their other attackers, even Diaz.

You sure Darwin will feature?

Not sure if he starts from GW1 and it’ll be interesting to see the evolution of the Liverpool team with Mane gone. Eh @Moby ?

The Liverpool fans I've heard don't think Darwin will start the season for them. Firmino is the one looking likely to start and there's Jota as well.

That reminds me, my Liverpool trio needs to be absolutely fixed on Trent, Robbo, Salah. Not interested in experimenting with their other attackers, even Diaz.

Yeah, I had heard that too, although you would think they have two decent fixture first to get him in and used to the PL before the CL starts. It doesn’t seem logical.

Agree re: Robertson/Diaz, no way I would choose the latter over the former. Robertson is class.

You sure Darwin will feature?

Not sure if he starts from GW1 and it’ll be interesting to see the evolution of the Liverpool team with Mane gone. Eh @Moby ?

I think he starts if he starts the Community Shield. If he looks dangerous, he might be worth the punt.

I think Jesus will be fantastic this season, but away to Palace isn’t a good first fixture.

If you go with Salah/Haaland, there are no reliable Spurs options, and that’s worrying. If you go Salah/Kane, you are playing Pep roulette to get City cover.

If, and that’s still an if, Darwin is going to be the man there, maybe that’s the solution.

Haaland will probably get injured in the community shield and we will all start exactly the same anyway. Jesus and Neto goals getting us nowhere :lol:

Salah is definitely not essential this year. You just have to make sure you use that extra money right and pick your captains well.

He can’t be essential when another player, in Son, was only a few points off him, is 1 million cheaper, had no penalties and started the season under a terrible defensive coach.

Add to that the fact that Harry Kane was the best attacker in every single metric since January, a better football team has a new number 9 and 200 point defenders are so cheap.

He is absolutely safe and extremely reliable, but he isn’t essential.

Nah… he’s essential to me. Best player in the league for the (maybe) best team, going against that as captain material can feck your rank if everyone has him and captains him. You can go without him for small periods of time when he’s in a bad streak/bad fixtures, but he’s got great fixtures to start with.

Kulu had like a top 5 points/goal involvement per 90 in the league from when he signed didn’t he? Surely Conte recognises that and he starts, he was brilliant.
Yep, he's nailed for GW1 anyway and easily their third best attacker. He already has great chemistry with Kane and Son (in preseason Kulu is playing further forward and Kane has been picking him out when dropping deep), so Conte is gonna value that first team setup. Kulu also combined really well with Son last season.

:D

@Maluco is hoping he makes Mohammed go invisible.

I will slink back in here on the Friday afternoon with Salah in my team wearing a “Neto” Wolves jersey and we will say no more about it :lol:

I have got Saka in for Mahrez which allowed me to have Ederson as my third City player. Having both him and Jesus might be risky but both are easy swaps to other players.

Current team:

Ederson
TAA Robertson Cancelo Trippier
Saka Sancho Sterling Neto
Jesus Haaland

Bench: White, Andreas, Archer, Olsen

I have got Saka in for Mahrez which allowed me to have Ederson as my third City player. Having both him and Jesus might be risky but both are easy swaps to other players.

Current team:

Ederson
Jesus Haaland

I think Diaz is better than Saka. That way you cover Liverpool’s attack and don’t double up on Arsenals.

Current team:

Ederson
Jesus Haaland

Brave man picking Sterling.

Brave man picking Sterling.
I was considering it. If Chelsea play five at the back, pushed up FBs (both who are good at creating), Sterling could be their main target (assuming that “Couldn‘t hit a barn door with a banjo“ isn’t playing).

Whats brave is one premium in his side and spreading the cash.

I was considering it. If Chelsea play five at the back, pushed up FBs (both who are good at creating), Sterling could be their main target (assuming that “Couldn‘t hit a barn door with a banjo“ isn’t playing).

Whats brave is one premium in his side and spreading the cash.

I do that every year though. Most of the times I end up regretting early on when Salah scores 70 points in 4 games but it is what it is.

I just find it incredibly boring to have virtually the same team as everyone which is what you are bound to be left with this season when you take Salah, TAA, Robertson, Cancelo and one of Haaland/Kane template.

I might go Sterling to Mahrez and upgrade elsewhere but Sterling got amazing numbers when he was a regular at City… like guaranteed 15 & 10.

Not if Son/Kane/Haaland perform to their full potential. Son was on par last season after a bad start, Kane had the best numbers all round in the second half of the season and Haaland has massive potential.

No reason why they all won’t be in and around his points by seasons end.

It’s a no brainer if they are all the same price, but £1,5 mil is a lot. It potentially upgrades three players. I will obviously waste this, but with the right manager/choices, it could be massive. :lol:
Son and Kane's full potential aren't as good as Salah's. Anyway we will see how it goes.

Ok if the 59 sub happens I blame you haha, but that likely only happens if he and us play like crap.
Rashy’s in my team as well, so there’s an inherent bias to my reasoning :D Logically though, he’s had a good pre-season and is brilliant on his day, so no worries.

I've purposely left my first draft so I don't spend weeks tinkering! Thoughts?

I had to drop Trent for James to get Salah and just swapped Neto for Fred (I have a hunch)

Leaves me open to easily bring in haaland over kane and other premiums etc.

Rashy’s in my team as well, so there’s an inherent bias to my reasoning :D Logically though, he’s had a good pre-season and is brilliant on his day, so no worries.

I know right high risk high reward. Martinelli can be subbed early too haha. I think Martinelli plus Dalot gives me some extra cash over Zinchencho and Rashford. United first two fixtures are better so could start Rashford and Dalot, but want to be a bit cautious with us if we start poorly.

I also have convinced myself I want Trippier so for last two defender spots I got Dalot, Zinchencho, Trippier and either Pope, De Gea, Ramsdale in goal with either Bruno G, Martinelli or Rashford in midfield.

I've purposely left my first draft so I don't spend weeks tinkering! Thoughts?

I had to drop Trent for James to get Salah and just swapped Neto for Fred (I have a hunch)

Leaves me open to easily bring in haaland over kane and other premiums etc.

Apart from not having TAA/Robbo and having Fred not bad. Maybe change Fred to Neto and I like it more.

This type of team has higher chance to be first in the world after round 1 than me with Son and Kane.

Easiest would be Sancho to a 6.5 mid or Allison to a 4.5 keeper. If not downgrade JWP to 6.0 and Neto to a 5.0

Channeled my inner Ranieri again, back to 442 we go. Think I can go without Salah if I have Son. If not, I think I could drop Sancho or Saka to Neto and bring Salah in for Son.

Sanchez, Forster
James, Cash, TAA, Cancelo, Williams
Saka, Bruno G, Son, Sancho, Andreas
Jesus, Haaland, Greenwood

Apart from not having TAA/Robbo and having Fred not bad. Maybe change Fred to Neto and I like it more.

This type of team has higher chance to be first in the world after round 1 than me with Son and Kane.

Cheers mate, I had Neto and swapped him for Fred. I'll take your advise and swap him back.im blaming you if it goes wrong :)

Dalot, Sancho & Rashford are nice and cheap and should have a good week 1.

That gives scope for Son & Saka to finish the rest of the midfield.

With Haaland, Jesus & Nunez as a front three that gives a decent initial set up looking at the opening fixtures

I think Jesus will be fantastic this season, but away to Palace isn’t a good first fixture.

It is really. Palace have had an awful pre-season so I fully expect Jesus to hit the ground running.

Arsenal also have a very favourable opening 10 games so any of their players prove good initial value.

Cheers mate, I had Neto and swapped him for Fred. I'll take your advise and swap him back.im blaming you if it goes wrong :)

I think with Eriksen, Bruno, DVB then Fred will not get forward as much as he can. If De Jong comes then Fred is for sure going to be quite defensive.

If you want to go United then DVB if playing could be the one, but a bit too risky for not enough upside. Look at our last friendly if you want Fred and see how Fred plays as that could be the best indication.

For gameweek 1 I think Neto is the clear standout pick for 5.5, but he is in my team so I guess Podence might smash it instead ;).
Neto over Podence do not feel like 50/50 like last time since Neto is more nailed I think.

Jimenez might be injured as well so that could effect Wolves. I can't see Neto on pens or much good from it apart from maybe Neto now is the clear star up front.

I rate Neto a lot since I had him before his injury quite often, but not fully sure he is as good anymore. He has scored though in pre season and it is a very good player. I think in general get good players after injury with lower cost or from good sides after a bad season is a good way to find gems.

Last edited:
I think with Eriksen, Bruno, DVB then Fred will not get forward as much as he can. If De Jong comes then Fred is for sure going to be quite defensive.

If you want to go United then DVB if playing could be the one, but a bit too risky for not enough upside. Look at our last friendly if you want Fred and see how Fred plays as that could be the best indication.

For gameweek 1 I think Neto is the clear standout pick for 5.5, but he is in my team so I guess Podence might smash it instead ;).
Neto over Podence do not feel like 50/50 like last time since Neto is more nailed I think.

Jimenez might be injured as well so that could effect Wolves. I can't see Neto on pens or much good from it apart from maybe Neto now is the clear star up front.

I rate Neto a lot since I had him before his injury quite often, but not fully sure he is as good anymore. He has scored though in pre season and it is a very good player. I think in general get good players after injury with lower cost or from good sides after a bad season is a good way to find gems.
I’m hoping Donny doesn’t get on the bench never mind further up the pitch.

Son or Salah captain GW1 is my current issue. Son at home to Southampton has the edge at the minute.

Channeled my inner Ranieri again, back to 442 we go. Think I can go without Salah if I have Son. If not, I think I could drop Sancho or Saka to Neto and bring Salah in for Son.

Sanchez, Forster
James, Cash, TAA, Cancelo, Williams
Saka, Bruno G, Son, Sancho, Andreas
Jesus, Haaland, Greenwood
Much better balance.

I've not tinkered with my team for a while so I think I'm settled unless something big happens in pre season.

Ederson
TAA, Cancelo, James, Dalot
Salah, Diaz, Rashford, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: 4.0, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood

It is really. Palace have had an awful pre-season so I fully expect Jesus to hit the ground running.

Arsenal also have a very favourable opening 10 games so any of their players prove good initial value.

I am not saying it’s a crazy game, but Palace were really tough at home last season. Their pre-season has also been fine, they have had two travelling squads and will probably start the season very fit.

I wouldn’t be surprised with a Palace win in that one. Again, Jesus is a great pick, but I think people are overrating Arsenal/Arteta a bit. Palace away won’t be an easy game for many teams this season.

Their fixtures are very good after that first couple though.